Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pearliegirlpearliegirl Member Posts: 38
    definitely check out metro mazda in raynham, ma. they were extremely aggressive with pricing. jason was pretty nice to deal with.
    Grand Touring
    AWD
    Fully loaded
    NAV
    DVD
    Backup camera
    Blind spot monitoring
    Bose

$28,677

Massachusetts
  • citivascitivas Member Posts: 144
    What dealer and where? That seems to be about $14K off of MSRP which seems too good to be true.
    pearliegirl, why did you quote two different deals (one lease, one buy, not identically equipped) on two different threads on the same day, both referencing past tense deals you did?

Have you bought the car yet or are these just quotes?
    they were two different offers. we went with the most recent. couldn't pass up the fully loaded for such a discount.
  • jsidorejsidore Member Posts: 1
    Pearlie - sounds like you're the big winner. In MA also - what dealer did you get this quote from?
    Thanks.
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    Wow you beat me to the ground. Did you pay cash or took their (Metro) financing?
    it wasn't at metro. it was a different dealer in MA. financed
    i got it from a different one, but metro raynham was doing really good deals, and they had a few left. i spoke to jason who was good to deal with. i never went there in person though. you should be able to get at least 10K off list. i think they're a fairly new location. the owner of that one owns the #1 mazda dealership in the country in delray beach, florida. they supposedly are trying to become the #1 dealer in new england, so they're willing to go way low to move cars. this may be all B.S. from the dealer, but it seems to make sense. regardless, they're being pretty aggressive with pricing.
  • caraddict2caraddict2 Member Posts: 24
    Sorry got to call your bluff on these numbers..... No way you or anyone else is getting CX-9 GT AWD loaded with dvd and navigation for $28,677.00 .... Impossible my friend
  • badselfbadself Member Posts: 39
    You are 100% correct. This deal is not viable, in fact it is bogus.
  • artoakdaleartoakdale Member Posts: 6
    As my earlier post stated, I was offered the following in the NY metro area:

CX-9 Touring AWD
    Moonroof/Bose
    MSRP: 35,400
    took 4,000 rebate
    e-plan (supposedly)
    Price offered before taxes: 28,550
    OTD: 31,000

I think this is an OK deal, but can see by your posts I can get either a GT for that price or more options.

I was thinking about going back and making an OTD offer at 29,000 and asking for roof rails, cargo net and all weather mats.

Is this viable?
    sounds like someone is jealous. picked up the vehicle last night. dealer confirmed that it was a "loser deal", but they want to get them off the lot. the dealer i bought from said that they have been losing deals to other dealerships, and didn't want to lose this one. the owner realized that they need to be aggressive. i had forgot to mention though that i did have a trade in. i traded in a '01 nissan pathfinder se 4x4 w/ moonroof, 80k miles. they gave me $5k for it, which i thought was pretty good. they own nissan dealerships as well, so maybe they thought they could make some $ on it. the kelly blue book on it was $4200.
    No need to be jealous of a liar, especially one who lies for no good reason.
    wow, calling names, very mature. why would i lie? i thought this forum was here to help each other out, not flame. maybe i am just a better negotiator than you. regardless, i have the vehicle, and got a good deal which is all that really matters at the end of the day. whether you or anyone else believes me is irrevelant.

btw, did you read my last post entirely? if so, you would have seen that i traded in another vehicle. i did some checking, and the dealer price on the car i traded in was over $10K, so maybe they thought they could make up the difference there.
  • rw99rw99 Member Posts: 5
    Ahh, the numbers make sense now that we know about your trade-in. Still a very good deal; nice job Pearliegirl... probably something like $8500 or $9000 under MSRP for a GT AWD loaded.

Please, all, if you must call BS... do it politely. More often than not it will turn out to be miscommunication (as in this case). This is a rare public forum that seems to be pretty free of disinformation.

And thanks again to everyone that's shared their experience... it saved me a bunch of $$.
    pearliegirl, first of all, - congrats on your new ride. Would you mind sharing the name of the dealership with us...

I am just curious because the deal Metro gave me (a print out of the email with concrete car stock number and photo of the actual car) was laughed at by Quirk, Wellesley Mazda and Mazda Gallery in Norwood. The manager from Gallery even insisted I'd buy from Metro Mazda thinking their deal was bogus (actually I thought it was bogus until the moment I left the dealer on my new car). Boy the guy was pissed when I emailed him and thanked him for his time. The Mazda Gallery still insisted a '08 Touring with not a single option for $26,500 was a greatest deal in NE.

Metro Mazda/Ford indeed seems like a brand new dealership that seems to actively looking to attract a new customers.
    that's funny that they laughed at you. i experienced similar stuff with the same dealerships, but i can tell you that if you stick to your guns, get up and walk away, they will still negotiate with you. you just have to keep putting them against each other. keep pushing. trust me, you'll get them to the point that they can't go any lower, which is what you want to find out. the gallery in norwood was the toughest to negotiate with. they seemed to have the least flexibility. i only dealt with quirk over the phone, and wellesley has lost enough deals to metro that they're finally willing to deal. all of the dealerships talk trash about each other, to the point where i think they're lying. it's towards the end of the month, the '09's are starting to roll in, and they want/need to rid themselves of the '08's. it's a good time to be the customer.
    Wait, was the $5K trade-in included in the price you listed or was it in addition to it (in other words, you actually paid $5K less than the $28,xxx?) The former suddenly makes the deal make sense. The latter makes it even more hard to believe given that people are not paying above KBB for used SUV's right now. As for why some are finding you hard to believe, look at it objectively. Besides the price that, if not inclusive of your $5K trade-in is about $14K better than MSRP, you keep avoiding repeated questions about the name of the dealer. Also, you reisgtered just before listing this offer and another offer on another post. When incredible claims are made by first-time posters, on any forum, they are always subject to scrutiny.
  • jchappeljchappel Member Posts: 16
    Very well put citivas. A dealer is not going to sell a vehicle under their cost unless Mazda is going to make up the difference. They couldn't stay in business selling that way. Good deals are to be had on the 2008 lineup, but there is always a bottom line, and 28k is below the line. Pearl appears to have gotten a deal about 4k below what everyone else has gotten, thus raising suspisions, and rightfully so. I am new to this forum, but not new to the art of negotiating a deal and the business world. If a dealer is selling below cost, they may be going out of business and just liquidating their inventory. We won't know without a dealer name. Why not share the dealer name and allow others to benefit from this deal as well?
  • caraddict2caraddict2 Member Posts: 24
    Wow must say you found a pretty stupid dealer there.....please sare their name so rest of us can get some rediculous deals too. BTW I was looking to trade in my 2005 dodge durango with 38k miles on it and was offered $5k for it. SUV's are not selling at all even at whole sale auctions. Price I was given was what durango's like mine were going for at auction. Anyway you sure did get a heck of a deal on 2001 pathfinder with 80k miles on it to be given $ 5k on it plus $9k off MSRP totaling $14k off price of CX-9 with your trade.
    I'm just wondering who your dealer thinks is going to buy it from him and make money. I don't think your dealer will be in busness long with deals like that. So please share dealer with us so we can all get in on such great, unbelievable deals.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I've been monitoring this thread closely as I waited for it to get to the true bottom line. If there's a dealer east of the Mississippi who will sell a loaded CX-9 for $14k under MSRP, I'll write the check and pick it up this weekend. So, I'd really appreciate it if you would share the dealer info. Thanks!
  • artoakdaleartoakdale Member Posts: 6
    I am ne to this forum...but you guys are making it interesting!

Here is what I got from Wantagh Mazda in NY:

Cx-9 Touring
    4,000 rebate
    roof rails
    MSRP: 33865
    Sales price: 26400 +taxes n DMV fees

After reading posts, I probably could have done a little better....but all in all i am happy with what i got.
  • syncros123syncros123 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all the info on this forum, I feel that I got a good deal from Palisades Mazda in NY. Looks like they are a new dealership but the dealership treated us right, especially our salesman, Dominick.

Paid approx. $30k (not including Taxes and title fees). MSRP for the vehicle was approx $37k
    2008 CX-9 GT AWD
    with Bose/Moonroof and autodimming rear mirror

On another note, don't get me started on Manhattan Mazda! Even though my experience was limited to price quotes, their operation seems disorganized and gives the impression of a dog-eat-dog dealership where their sales force steps on each other's toes in order to secure sales for themselves. I submitted one online quote, three salesmen from Manhattan got in contact with me at different times each trying to sell a CX-9 for what seemed to be a great price until I confirmed that it was a 2008 model. That's when they stated it was a 2007 and proceeded to ask me what the difference was.LOL Umm, revised engine with more HP and torque. Not to mentioned for a bit more money you could get a 2008 with the same specs.

Anyway, it worked out in the end thanks to Palisades Mazda. They got me the car I wanted for a price I could live with.
  • nubgngnubgng Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and my wife and I are looking to buy a CX-9 and we think we came across a great deal. However, we think we might be able to get a sweeter deal, but we don't want to be too aggressive and lose the deal. Here is what we have so far:

CX-9 Grand Touring
    FWD
    GT Assistance Package
    Rear DVD System
    Blind Side Monitoring System
    All weather mats
    Cargo Mat

Dealer says he will do the deal for $30,999.00. They had to match a deal from another local dealer. I would like to see if I can get it for $29K. Do you think this is unreasonable? Any advice would be appreciated.
  • njmazda9njmazda9 Member Posts: 6
    Still not clear what happened here.

pearliegirl, which one of the following 2 scenarios are you saying took place...

(1) MSRP on this was about $42,500 and you got about $9,000 off MSRP for the car, but then got $5,000 for your used car? In which case, you're saying you paid the dealership $28,677?

(2) Or are you saying you got $14,000 off MSRP for the CX-9, and then an additional $5,000 for your used car?

Please clarify
    Thanks
  • lookcx9lookcx9 Member Posts: 4
    Guys,
    I am looking to find the best deal on a 2008 CX9 Touring AWD or GT AWD, with at least Leather upholstery.
    The deal I am getting from a dealer in western Mass is $ 27635 for
    2008 CX9, Touring, Heated Leather, Moonroof/Bose package.

Do you think I can get a better deal than this in MA/CT/RI/NH ? Which dealership ?
    I have to add, this is sale price WITHOUT the special 1.9 % Mazda financing.
    excludes any trade, or taxes/ fees.
  • clairebclaireb Member Posts: 12
    Have you used the Mazda website to contact several dealers on some specific CX9's and ask them to quote you on them - and make sure to let them know you are not interested in the finance deal, but the bottom line price - that is how I got the best deal.
    I hadn't until now. Thanks.
    lookcx9, why don't you read last couple of pages of this thread first, then ask questions. Not trying to be rude, simply to suggest that an answer is closer than you think...

Your deal is OK, but I'm sure you can do better, like 26,500. What dealer in MA are you working with?
  • njmazda9njmazda9 Member Posts: 6
    If you had the chance to read my last couple of posts (#963 and #997) you'll understand what my situation and here's an update.

In actuality, as it turns out, post #997 didn’t even cover ‘everything’ that we went through. As I mentioned in post #997, we had about 6 aftermarket installations done at the dealership. When we picked up the car (2008 GT AWD Black/Sand Interior) at the dealership after having been there for 2 days, we found that there were dents, scratches, and a center console that was not reattached after installation. Those were the first issues we pointed out to the dealership that evening – being that it was already late and no one that could address the problems were at the dealership, we decided to go home. Well the following is the part of the story that happened after the #997 post…

The morning after we picked up the car from the dealership we took a bit of a road trip (50 miles each way). When we got to the destination, I turned off the car and then attempted to lock the doors with the ‘smartkey’. It did not lock, then I tried several different things, and it seemed that the entire car was just ‘dead’ – even tried to start the car with the actual key which did not work. Had to call the dealership again and Mazda Roadside assistance. When Mazda Roadside assistance arrived, they popped open the hood and found that the cable to the battery was not ‘attached’ to the battery (which I guess I could have done and fixed the problem, but that’s besides the point). Obviously the dealership, as with the other issues we had, had done a sloppy job and didn’t put back the battery cable properly!! At this point I just couldn’t believe what was happening – and I surely did let the dealership know. So after the weekend we brought the car in “again” and they took it for 4 days to do the repairs on the damage (dents/scratches). Just picked up the car last week, and of course something wasn’t right – the driver side door made an awful sound upon closing the door shut. Once again no one was there that could do anything about it, although the “Service Manager” was there – but I have to say, he is the most useless individual I’ve dealt with in a long time! So once “again” we had to bring the car back several days later to have them repair the driver side door. It took them maybe an hour (thank goodness!!), and the service guy clearly said that the person before had not put the door back together properly (they had to get into the door to repair the driver side door dent apparently). WOW!!! Can you believe what we’ve had to go through?!?

So my initial question in #997 post (which no none cared to offer advice for) was what can I get from the dealership out of this? They already offered some free service – what do you think we deserve?

Anyhow, yes, although we went through hell, today I am finally a happy CX-9 owner! But still mad as hell with our dealership.

By the way this was the deal (it was several weeks ago, so I'm sure you can get better deals now in August)...

2008 Grand Touring AWD

GT Assistance Package
    Dual Headrest DVD Entertainment Unit - (This is an aftermarket install of an Audiovox/Advent product (model: HR7008PKG) - MSRP was $2,000)
    Moonroof/Bose Stereo
    Blind Spot Monitoring
    Remote Engine Start
    Auto Dim Mirror
    Roof Rails
    Roof Crossbars
    Towing
    Cargo Mat
    Cargo Net

MSRP = $43,532
    Sale Price = $34,990 (not including tax/fees)
  • jchappeljchappel Member Posts: 16
    Man, at least the dealer replaced my vehicle with a new one when the computer went bad on the first day. Sorry to hear you had such problems with it. It seems to me that you got a really good deal. As far as freebies, what else do you need for your CX-9? Ask them to comp it. I've had my CX-9 for a week now and love it. I also have a lot of faith in the dealership here.
    Hey everyone need your advice,

I live in Miami and I am going to see the internet sales manager from a North Miami dealership. I was offered $30,990 for a CX-9 GT with GT assist, moonroof/Bose and Blind Spot Monitoring. He asked to meet with us this Saturday and I need to know if I should push to get it below $30K, preferably $29K. I don't know if this is unrealistic, but I sure am going to give it a try unless someone can point out another way to get this done. He's already come off the price about $7500, but I think he can go down just a bit more. He claims he's never lost a customer especially when it comes to price. NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVICE HERE!!! Any help is appreciated.
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    If everyone will use this format (or something similar) to post your deal, we may have less confusion.

Example Below:

MSRP:
    Dealer Add-ons:

Invoice Price:
    Rebates:

Price Paid:
    Requested Add-ons:
    Total Price before (TT&L and Fees):
    State/Metro Tax:
    Drive-out tag:
    Doc. Fee (other fees):
    Other Taxes:

Trade-in:
    Book value:
    Your trade:
  • metro2009metro2009 Member Posts: 3
    Hey there sleepybubba, I was in the market for a CX9, when I stumbled upon this forum myself and started to read this and said what do I have to lose. That was two days ago, so I email like you to METRO MAZDA to get a quote and to my surprise I had an email back with in 20mins with full photos, window sticker and a break down of the price. Here is where it gets GREAT, they quoted me over $10,000 on a fully loaded CX9 GT with everything but rear DVD. They did require me to finance with them but they were able to get the same rate that I would have gotten my self at my credit union. I want to thank Edmunds for having a Forum like this and sleepybubba for the help. I also highly suggest any one in the market for a Mazda to METRO MAZDA in Raynham they are great to deal with. I and my partner are now going every where in our new CX9. Thanks.
    Hey there sleepybubba, I was in the market for a CX9, when I stumbled upon this forum myself and started to read this and said what do I have to lose. That was two days ago, so I email like you to METRO MAZDA to get a quote and to my surprise I had an email back with in 20mins with full photos, window sticker and a break down of the price. Here is where it gets GREAT, they quoted me over $10,000 on a fully loaded CX9 GT with everything but rear DVD. They did require me to finance with them but they were able to get the same rate that I would have gotten my self at my credit union. I want to thank Edmunds for having a Forum like this and sleepybubba for the help. I also highly suggest any one in the market for a Mazda to METRO MAZDA in Raynham they are great to deal with. I and my partner are now going every where in our new CX9. Thanks.

MSRP: 41,482

Invoice Price: not sure
    Rebates:

Price Paid: 31,300
    Requested Add-ons: every thing but nav
    State/Metro Tax: 5%
    Drive-out tag:
    Doc. Fee (other fees): 299
    Other Taxes:

MSRP: 41,482

Invoice Price: not sure
    Rebates:

Price Paid: 31,300
    Requested Add-ons: every thing but nav
    State/Metro Tax: 5%
    Drive-out tag:
    Doc. Fee (other fees): 299
  • bao1bao1 Member Posts: 55
    I am in the market for a 2008 GT AWD/FWD model. Is anyone getting 10K off of MSRP in the chicagoland area?
    thanks in advance
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    Just in!

In addition to the huge rebates already in place - you will receive an additional $500 Owner Loyalty Bonus Cash to put toward the purchase or lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-7, CX-9, and the all new 2009 Mazda 6!.

This offer is nationwide.
    No way this vehicle lists for $41,482 without nav and assist package. With those options, and homelink, and remote start, all-weather, BSMS, etc..., my MSRP was $41,405. Nice deal compared to what I paid in April, but not $10,000 off MSRP if nav was not included. Sorry.

Either way, you should find the vehicle very satisfying. I hope you enjoy it.
  • wabuyerwabuyer Member Posts: 2
    HI All, here's the deal I've been presented with: (I'm in Seattle)

2008 GT AWD

Options: Moonroof and Bose,
    TOWING PACKAGE ,
    BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYSTEM,
    Roof Rails
    Splash Guards
    GT Assist Package

Cash Price = 33K + TTL

Is this a good deal?

In the TTL they've included a $50 admin/doc fee - but that's it so far...
    I was told by the dealer that the factory-dealer incentive is $4000 and not $4500.

Is there anything else I should ask for - ie carpet mats, cross bars for the rails?

I'm going to pull the trigger in the next two days...

Thanks,

dan
  • ashylarryashylarry Member Posts: 3
    2008 GT AWD
    GT Assist
    RES/Bose
    Cargo net
    All weather floor mats

MSRP: 40,787
    Price paid: 31,925 (plus taxes, tags and a $489 non-negotiable dealer handling fee).

I will also be tinting the driver/passenger windows to match the rear (we are in a high-sun, high-heat area); price not yet determined.

This price was for a dealer not in my area; it is about $1500-2000 less than what others were offering (and he had the exact color match we wanted, unlike the others).
    Looks like a pretty good deal to me. We just bought a CX-9 GT on Saturday and here are the specs.

Blind Side Monitor System
    Cargo Net
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: 34,295
    Dealer Price: 35,785
    Price Paid: 28,000 (we paid tax, tag and title plus $799 dealer fee separately)

We looked at a fully loaded GT, but this one fit our needs. We may look into adding the auto-dimming mirror with backup camera later (jury still out on that one). Overall, my wife and I love the vehicle. Hope you enjoy yours. :)
  • calculatorcalculator Member Posts: 1
    We just got a CX-9 GT (Black Cherry Mica) on Monday, Bay Area

Blind Spot Monitoring Sistem
    Rear seat Ent./Bose
    GT Assist Package

MSPR: 40,565
    Price Paid: 31,500+tax

We're really enjoy it! Nice car!
  • davesaddictiondavesaddiction Member Posts: 8
    After talking with our dealer here in Tulsa (Nelson - they're very good. Bought my 3s Hatch from them) and getting them to agree to invoice on a Touring AWD w/ tow package if we'd use the 1.9% financing, I sent an email to Town North in Dallas, asking him what his best price would be on a optioned out GT AWD (MSRP $41,540) if we used our own financing. He came back withing a couple hours with a price of $32,329 + TTL. $9000 off list!

Haven't sealed the deal yet, but I think it's too good to pass up!

Grand Touring AWD
    Galaxy Gray
    GT Assist
    Towing
    Rear Ent. System
    BSM
    Autodim mirror w homelink
    Splash Guards
    Wheel Locks

We're getting so much more car than we thought we could afford. Only thing we have to add is the roof rails! I think we're heading down Friday - wish us luck.
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Since you lucky folks are getting the CX9 at below invoice price,
    it is actually cheaper for you to buy the vehicles with the accessories you wanted.
    If you add them on after-market, you will have to pay above invoice for the parts, plus possibly S&H and installation (unless DIY) cost.

I would suggest you have the accessories added into the deal, and close it. If the salesman really wants your business, he will manage.

Best price for parts online:
    mazdaparts.org
    waynemazda.com
  • nswartzbnswartzb Member Posts: 40
    make sure you run the numbers.
    if you get your own financing, i'm guessing the rate for 60months is something like 5.9%.
    on the other hand, if you take Mazda's special financing for 60months at 1.9%, that 4.0% difference on a $35000 car ($38300 tax title etc) will be an extra $70 per month, or $4200 over the life of the loan.
    sometime a higher price and lower finance rate is better -- plus you won't have to leave tulsa.
  • davesaddictiondavesaddiction Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for looking out - but I've run the numbers.

We are pre-approved for 4.99% with a credit union up here, so it's definitely better for us to take the $4000 off instead of the 1.9% rate. We'll most likely pay it off before the full five years also.

Here's the message from our dealer in Tulsa, after I told him abou the quote from Dallas:

"I'm looking at the GT packages out there and it's either units that are too far away or a dealer that doesn't want to trade with me. I have to tell you that deal is a good one! Make sure it's not a hail unit and pick that bad boy up. I don't know if they have a volume based stair step they get on cx9's or what but they are 1673 back of invoice. I know we will see ya for service at least! Good luck."

I knew I had a really good deal once my local dealer wouldn't even try to match it!

And it's getting better - I'm also going to get the $500 loyalty discount, so that takes my price down to $31,829. Pushing $10k off!
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Wow...a dealer who was honest with you!