Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dbcafydbcafy Member Posts: 8
    Hey Folks,

I'm looking to buy the 2009 CX-9 with all the (Nav + Sirius) same options. Is this (aux port / ipod) problem fixed in the 2009? I followed the thread and the issues started with the 2007 CX-9.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • dbcafydbcafy Member Posts: 8
    All these deals are sounds like current May incentives. It seem they are $4000 off Invoice price.

Does anyone know if these incentives will carry over in June or July?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Dave,
    The iPod switch box issue has been improved for 2009 models. It works w/o a hiccup according to some 09 owners. :)

The rebate/incentive usually gets better as the model year end approaches.
    Now we are looking at $7000-8000 off MSRP. A few months ago, we were looking at $10,000 off 2008 models.
  • rockspocksrockspocks Member Posts: 1
    I may need to change cars in a year, because of commute considerations, so I am attracted to a lease-take over. This is a private party offering a 2008 sport version. A year left on lease, with about 10K miles left. Tax and license around $400. Some transfer fees of $500. Monthly $280. Is this good? Residual at end of lease is $18,300.
  • badavabadava Member Posts: 5
    This forum has been very helpful.

Options: RES + GT ASSIST (it already had BSM as standard)
    MSRP: 40935 (base/35205+RES/2750+ASSIST/2300+DELIVERY/670)
    Sale price: 33000
    Tax: 3057
    Other: 362 (Lic/215 + Reg/92 + doc/55)
    E.Warranty: 1482 (7yr/85K) bumper-to-bumper
    Final price/OTD: 37901 (4.85 APR dealer financing)

We had closed the deal without an agreement on E.Warranty as i was not prepared for it but the deal was sweetened by lowering the APR to 4.85/60mo which kind of tempted me. Is this E.Warranty good, anybody ?

Dealership is Menlo Mazda and the salesman I dealt with was very forthright and finished everything over the phone and absolutely no discussion when i went in.

SK.
    I am in SF Bay area as well. I got my 08 back in Jan.. 2008.
    Your price $8000 off MSRP is actually pretty good.
    As for the Ext Warranty, there is no "bumper-to-bumper". Don't be lied to.
    No ext warranty is bumper-to-bumper. There are several levels of Mazda ext warranty. You should read it up and see which level you got. There is another thread in this forum I started on ext. warranty. You probably should start from there.
    Welcome to CX9 family.
    :)
  • badavabadava Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Ceric, i read through the other thread now.

The one I purchased is called Plan B, Exclusionary Coverage from Portfolio. Only exclusionary items are listed, all of which is wear and tear items. Looking at the contract, i have 60days to cancel and get a full refund. But needs prior authorization. If there are better alternatives, i would rather cancel this.

The finance guy started and 2700 mkt price and went down to 2100, 1800 & finally 1600. To just get out i said 1400 max and he said no and signed off the papers. I was glad. But then he thought of a scheme of financing at a different (lower) APR and making up the 200 difference, to which i said yes and ended up buying it!

On a related note, i went back with a lower APR finance from a different bank today and the finance guy declined to honor it. I was promised three working days to get my own financing when i signed. However, today, I was asked to show where it says three days in the contract, which it does not. I was naive in taking his word for it. Be very careful with the finance dept in this dealership, they are very pushy and you can infer from this. I'm still very happy with the sales guy though. I'm now trying to talk to Mazda and the bank to figure out a way to still use the lower APR that i got on my own.
  • circledreamcircledream Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased the following, used a broker:

Grand Touring AWD + GT Assist (Navi) + Moonroof

MSRP: $40,135
    Invoice: $36,901
    Sale Price: $32,701

So, $200 under invoice taking into account the $4,000 dealer cash.
  • gitano01gitano01 Member Posts: 1
    HOw about this deals..I'm trying to decide..any help is appreciated

2008 GT FWD New with 1100 miles
    Nav
    Bose
    Sunroof
    Roof Rack
    Wheel locks
    proximity system
    MSRP $39035 Discounted price $ 29800 (inc dealer fees) plus tax and tag only

OR
    2009 GT FWD Demo with 5800 miles
    same equipment Discounted price $ 31800 (inc dealer fees) plus tax and tag only

any opinions ?
    :confuse:
  • xrayzxrayz Member Posts: 6
    Is this a good deal, or can I do better?
    2009 cx-9 sport AWD, heated seats and moonroof/bose options
    MSRP: 34340
    offer: 28350+TTL

thanks in advance
  • pcz0925pcz0925 Member Posts: 9
    Finished up on purchase of new 2009 CX-9 GT AWD in White w/Assist (Navi) + Moonroof/Bose here in the Twin Cities today. Walser Mazda in Burnsville had a competitive # on the new vehicle and matched the best ACV # for my trade. Here are the numbers:

MSRP: $40,335
    Discount inc. $4000 Dealer Engagement & $1000 Owner Loyalty Incentive: $7,500
    Selling Price: $32,885

Less High End of ACV on 2008 CX-9 Touring AWD w/Moonroof/Bose and Trailer Towing: $24,000

Trade Difference: $8,885 + TTL

I went from black/black vehicle to white/sand plus the extra goodies and just love it!
  • ddwzfddwzf Member Posts: 10
    Circledream, is that price coming with the Mazda financing deal? thanks
  • circledreamcircledream Member Posts: 3
    I paid cash, so no. No trade in as part of the deal either. I forgot to mention price includes the destination fee.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    Is this a regional incentive? Edmunds does not show this.
  • soyboricuaprsoyboricuapr Member Posts: 1
    I will like to thank everyone in this forum that provided the great input that I utilized during my negotiations. I just closed a deal, here are the details:

FWD GT w/ NAVI/MOON ROOF/TOWING,
    Copper Red
    Mileage: 9 miles------just off the truck never driven before :)
    Grand Touring Assistance Package
    Moonroof and Bose/Sirius Audio Package
    Towing Package

Vehicle price: 31,655.81 w/ destination----------Edmunds Invoice 35,951.00
    Dealer fees: 599.95 ------- HIGH :mad:
    Rebate: -500 military discount---------------GREAT :shades:
    Tags: 258.50
    Tax: 6% 1935.74 + 50= 1985.74

TOTAL OTD: 34,000.00 :D
    Credit Union financing at 4.5% apr x 60 months

I'm ready to deploy to the SAND BOX (IRAQ) and couldn't wait any longer, I wanted a reliable vehicle for my family before I ship out for a year+. I had a good experience with the dealership staff. The unit I purchased was not ready for delivery since was just delivered yesterday and I got a loaner GT with a full tank of gas. My unit should be HOME DELIVER Tuesday after the service inspection. I'm very satisfied with my deal and more important than all the family loves that vehicle. Well now I'm a ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM owner. ;)
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    Thanks, appreciate it.
    The current purchase offer seems to be

$4000 rebate + $1000 loyalty (if you own a Mazda - show certificate) +
    discount you can get between MSRP to invoice.
    My local newspaper is advertising $3000 for the latter (typical difference from invoice to MSRP for a $30K vehicle).
    i.e. $8000 off MSRP is possible if you own a Mazda, otherwise, $7000 off is easily achieveable.
  • j_twittyj_twitty Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to buy a cx-9 sport awd for only $24,400 I think this is a pretty good deal. The dealers sticker was $33000 and they came down to $25400 with negotiation, $4000 dealer cash and $1000 loyalty cash. We also just got a $1000 coupon in the mail.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on whether this seems like a good deal or has anyone else received a better price?
  • collmancollman Member Posts: 25
    $1000 coupon? Isn't it $500??
    We have one for $1000 off a cx-9
  • sudhakarsudhakar Member Posts: 4
    I just got a quote for a GT with the Rear ENT Sys/ Bose package for $29,995 compared to MSRP of $37,235. Anyone have any opinion on how good this offer is? This is in Houston, TX. thanks.
  • glomoglomo Member Posts: 5
    Can you tell me where you got this coupon? How can I let somebody send me the similar coupon?

Thanks,
  • roywooroywoo Member Posts: 1
    I just bought 09 CX-9 GT with GT ASSIST PACKAGE TOWING PACKAGE
    MOONROOF/BOSE DOCKABLE ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM ..REMOTE ENGINE START......
    MSRP $41650
    I paid $33500 cash.
    this is in san antonio northpark mazda.
    that deal easily beat my another option toyota highlander
    We currently have a 2007 CX-7 and they sent us the coupon in the mail. You have to be a current Mazda owner.
  • collmancollman Member Posts: 25
    Call Mazda customer service, then ask $500 purchase coupon.
    You can get a coupon within a week.
  • glomoglomo Member Posts: 5
    Thank you. Do I have to be a current Mazda owner to get this coupon too?

I am currently looking for a 2009 cx-9 sport FWD in southern California. What is a reasonable price? Carsdirect.com gives a price of 24,6xx. How much lower can I get?

Also, is roof rack a useful option?
  • okidokiokidoki Member Posts: 5
    My OTD price was $26.4 for a CX9 Sport with MSRP $31K. This is in TX. I bet you can do better than 24.6 in CA as your economy is a lot worse than it is in TX.
  • lsnhclsnhc Member Posts: 11
    I contacted Mazda regarding the $500 purchase coupon and I was told that there are no more available in June (but "check again in July"). We are seriously looking at a CX9-GT and now are undecided whether to go ahead and try to craft a deal in June or roll the dice in July. Car Man...any thoughts?
  • nuzynuzy Member Posts: 54
    We're in a similar situation. On Saturday afternoon, we test drove a CX9 GT AWD, Honda Pilot EXL 4WD, and GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD. My wife will be driving the car most of the time, so her opinion matters more than mine, but we ended up both liking the Pilot and CX9 equally as well. The Acadia is nice, but too much money compared to a similarly equipped CX9 or Pilot. The inventory of CX9 GT AWDs in this area is very low, so I'm concerned about not being able to get one in the next couple months. Fortunately, I have the Pilot to use as legitimate negotiation leverage, but the inventory of EXL 4WDs is getting low here too (St. Louis Area)! The Chicago area has better stock, but that obviously will require some one driving one down here, or shipping it, or us going up there to get it (which is fine too as I have family up there) and I'm not sure how much influence stock in a close city will have on negotiating a decent price. What to do, what to do?!? I suppose in the end I could just wait it out and work towards a 2010 later in the year, so nothing much to lose unless one of my 100K+ mileage vehicles bites the dust on me in the meantime. :) Well, enough rant from me - first post and look forward to contributing down the road!
  • deconstrukdeconstruk Member Posts: 3
    my wife and I are seriously looking at the cx-9 GT, and i'm just basically fishing for info. Was curious if anyone would have any idea to wait till the end of the year (possibly more in rebates) or is this about as good as it'll get? Just wondering. Thanks in advance for any responsed. ps we live in Southern California if that makes much difference
    first post here too, and lookig forward to more posts down the road
    also, will there be any significant changes for the 2010 model? thanks....

edit: just read the 2010 post, and we'll be waiting to buy the newer one, nice improvements from the '09 wow
    I was just quoted $669/month for 60 months (taking advantage of the 2.9% financing offered) with $2000 out of pocket. This seems exhorbitantly high based on the numbers I have been seeing. When I asked whether the $4000 dealer incentive had been figured, the salesman told me that it only applied to a cash deal. It was either the low interest financing or the $4000. Is this accurate?
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    The Mazda website shows 2.9% and $1500 customer cash. I didn't see the $4000 listed as an alternative, so I assume that's purely a mfr-to-dealer incentive.
    That's precisely my point! It is, in fact a mfg to dealer incentive. That's why I am questioning the statement that it is an "either-or" situation.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Mazda does not give the dealer the $4,000 "dealer engagement" if the car is reported sold by taking the special financing + $1,500 APR cash rebate.

You only get the $4,000 dealer engagement if you opt not to take the special financing. Your dealer is correct.
  • zmerczmerc Member Posts: 1
    Went to the dealership to buy a Mazda CX-9 Touring without any options.The dealer gave me an offer of $30,500. I offered the dealer first $27,000 OTD price, then I raised by price to $27,500 and left the dealership.

He is asking $28,800. Should I stick to $27,500 OTD ? Any apvice/suggestion will be appreciated.
  • strangeeffectstrangeeffect Member Posts: 1
    The lease on my current car still has 4 months to go and am definitely going to be picking up a Mazda CX-9 GT. Does anyone know if the $4,000 cash to dealer will be around past 6/30/09? The prices are great right now, but would hate to be doubling up on my car payments for a few months unless the incentive is going away for good. Thanks.
  • doug_tdoug_t Member Posts: 22
    Hi all. Hope this helps those shopping offers. I'm in NJ and just picked up a new Black Cherry AWD GT with moonroof/bose, roof rails and wheel locks. List is $38,135. Invoice is $35,163. Without tax and registration fees, total I paid was $29,812 (this includes any doc fees, ad fees, etc.). Rebates/discounts included $1000 Mazda loyalty (was coming off a CX-9 lease) and $4000 dealer cash. Dealer had just offered an additional $1000 off for anyone already quoted an internet price this month, which is what sealed it for me. And I did not finance through the dealer or Mazda/Chase.

I would have liked to have something different after 2 years with the CX-9 (was eyeing the Ford Flex) even though we do love it, but I felt this deal was too good to pass up such an excellent car.

Good luck all.

- Doug
  • backinblack1backinblack1 Member Posts: 10
    Doug,

Your deal sounds great. I am also from NJ and I am in the market for a AWD GT CX-9. What dealer did you get this deal from? Were they easy to negotiate with?

Thanks and enjoy your new CX-9.
  • nswartzbnswartzb Member Posts: 40
    good decision.

while the flex looks cool -- like a big mini -- and the interior is nice, as a driviing machine it is a soulless piece of crap.
    This was at Maxon Mazda in Union. I submitted an online quote request and went through the internet dept. They were incredibly responsive and very aggressive on price from the start so not much need to negotiate. At no time did I ever get any whiff of any games or other nonsense. Overall, I'd have to say the easiest car buying experiences I've had.

That said, I did get a bit thrown off by some of the fees I hadn't accounted for. Some are perfectly valid and others a bit iffy. NY assessment fee, which I'm fairly certain is absolutely valid (and, to be fair, was built into the price quotes they gave - I just lost track of it along the way), a rather high doc fee, and the hair-pulling "optional" etch fee that is always listed. When I hesitated at the additional $900 over what I had mentally come to terms with, they agreed to split the difference after a quick manager approval - no begging, no "how do you expect us to do this", no 20 minute wait for a manager.

Bottom line is that I was thrilled with the price I paid (as I said, I only excluded tax and registration from my post above) - regardless of how they choose to classify it. Ok, so maybe that additional $1000 off was not a full $1000 in the end, but still comfortably more below invoice than just the official rebates would have been. Just remember that if you calculate your cost based solely on the price of the car, there will always be additional charges - don't get too caught up, just focus on the final price.

Best of luck.

- Doug
  • slinghaslingha Member Posts: 16
    Im in Jersey...We just bought a

2009 Awd Gt. Pearl Paint/Moonroof/GT Assist/Towing/All Weather Mats/Cargo Net/Cargo Mat/Rear Bumper Guard/Roof Rack/Remote Start/Splash Guards

41,877 sticker. Without any negotiation, We got it for 34,900. We took all of the cash that we were eligible for(all but the loyalty cash)We also got 3% financing up to 60 months. Only 125 dollars in additional fees. Other places wanted 500 in fees....I think we got a great deal
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Slingha: Can you post the dealer name? Did you have a trade?
    Doug,

Thanks for the quick response. One more question. Why did you buy this time vs doing another lease?

Thanks again.
    The buy vs. lease decision was very unclear to me, to be honest. We've been putting on very little mileage, so felt that leasing left us paying for more than we used. Also believe that, in general, buying makes better financial sense in the long-term. However, we've always leased since it results in the lowest monthly obligation, even compared to long term financing.

I had them work out the numbers on a 36 month, 30,000 mile lease, and the residual they used was only 44% vs. the 48% I expected, so that raised the monthly payments enough to be comparable to me paying off the car (I put it on our home equity line) over 6 years. In the end, I opted to buy due to the greater rebates, the greater flexibility (I can keep the car for as long or short as I want), and the confidence that the low price I paid would help to ensure I had at least some equity in the car even after a year or two. In other words, that no matter when I may choose to sell, that I should be able to get enough to pay off whatever is left and still have some to apply to the next car. Even if it doesn't work out that way, it was hard for me to see any great risk of being significantly in the red. Biggest risk I face is the fact the my home equity rates could shoot up over time, but they are soooo low now.

Hope this helps.

- Doug
    Scott Mazda in Bethlehem PA. The closest dealer to me, Wayne Mazda couldnt come within 700 dollars as well as their fees were pretty high
    Doug,

Thanks again for the information.
  • jr7978jr7978 Member Posts: 2
    I'm shopping in the Chicago area for a CX-9 and the best price I have so far is $27,999 for a Sport, AWD, with power seats and the moonroof/Bose stereo package. This includes the DOC fee but not tax, title, license. I have my own financing. Based on other posts here it looks like I could get a loaded GT for maybe $2,000 more. Anyone else have recent pricing for Chicago area?
    Definitely. One of the places I was looking had a AWD GT with sunroof for 30,670. looks like its still there

Mazda.trycastle.com. They are down in MD
  • danz75danz75 Member Posts: 7
    I went to test drive a CX-9 today at the everett location. Dealer quoted invoice + some. how do you get the dealers to quote under invoice?

Has anyone purchased a CX-9 recently in the Seattle/Lynnwood/everett area?

This was for a CX-9 Touring AWD with backup camera, bose/moonroof, roof rails, cargo cover, security upgrade and a few more. MSRP $37K+ INV $34K+

Seems a little overpriced to me.

I am just starting to look and would appreciate any help.