Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fantfant Member Posts: 25
    Its worth a little more for the dolphin/sand combo and for the change of color but the pearl white doesnt look bad at all and oddly has an extra charge for it. looks like 0% extended thru labor day weekend ... will they just keep extending it?
  • thethinkerthethinker Member Posts: 2
    Is the TrueCar Guaranteed price includes the 1000 cash rebate or not? Also does it include all the Doc Fees etc.? TrueCar's dealer cost is about 1500 below invoice.

I will content if I can just get TrueCar price with 0% APR without any extra fees.
  • dbesettdbesett Member Posts: 2
    It's actually been extended thru 9/30/10 already. I thought the new models usually rolled out in Sept but a dealer told me during my test drive the other day that only some models are coming out in Sept, the 2011 CX9 will not be released until late Dec. If he's correct we might see the 0% extended even further on CX9 and other late releases but there's no way to know.
    Darn i didnt need to rush then. That means they are still making the 2010 ones?
  • jerzeepjerzeep Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased CX-9 GT AWD with RES, Nav & power liftgate package for 35,977 (excludes TTF)...already signed the dotted line, but hoping I made a decent deal. Only dealer in area that had the color and options I was looking for. Also got the zero percent financing, but they would have took and addition 1K off if it was a cash offer...but the 0% outweight the difference.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    That means they are still making the 2010 ones?

I have 15 CX-9's that just left Japan. I should be done with 2010's by late October and 2011's should get here some point in November.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    Any new incentives for the CX-9?
  • thethinkerthethinker Member Posts: 2
    Finally bought Dolphin Gray Grand Touring with Remote Starter, Bumper Guard and Cargo Cover past weekend. MSRP 35700, OTD 33550 with 0% APR, owner loyalty rebate applied and Tax Rate 6.25%.

Plan to install Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT in dash navigation and DVD system later on.
  • islandtractorislandtractor Member Posts: 14
    I have read some posts indicating that the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT does not fit in the CX9 dash. Too shallow apparently due to some other wires/cables running in the back of the available space. Do a search with Crutchfield or call Pioneer to confirm.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    What do you folks think is a reasonable price for the following?
    My 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD MSRP $ 34,215
    Destination Fee $ 780
    273-hp 3.7L DOHC 24-valve V6 Standard
    4-Wheel Drive Standard
    6-Speed Auto Standard
    Colors
    Exterior: DOLPHIN GRAY MICA change color
    Interior: SAND LEATHER change color
    Packages and Options
    CARGO NET $40
    WHEEL LOCKS $50
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR $70
    CARGO MAT $80
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $125
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS $125
    REAR BUMPER STEP PLATE $150
    ROOF RACK $250
    REMOTE ENGINE START $350
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE REAR HATCH $400
    TRAILER HITCH AND WIRING HARNESS $425
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM $1,665
    MOONROOF/BOSE $2,255
    No packages or options have been selected
    Total MSRP: $40,980*

I am not a previous owner. I am not terminating a lease. Probably would take advantage of 0% financing for 60 mos if there are no fees involved. Haven't gotten a straight answer from this one dealer I'm negotiating with as to his 'fees' but I can deal with that.

What say folks?
    Yah most dealers dont disclose all their fees until you go there and are ready to buy. BTW i dont know whats a good price but on my i pretty much paid msrp after all tax, dest, and fees although its probably going for a little less now. But from your config with all your dealer options, you are already in the GT category. You wouldnt prefer the GT instead?
    It says Grand Touring.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Your region/state prices may vary from the ones below, but since I didn't know your location I used my metro Atlanta zip code...

Edmunds TMV- $36,520 ($4,460 off MSRP)

TrueCar.com- $36,224 ($4,676 off MSRP)

CarsDirect.com- $36,641 ($4,259 off MSRP)

So the range to shoot for appears to be $4,200 to $4700 off MSRP.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • alistair010alistair010 Member Posts: 2
    If you're in the Colorado Springs-area, Bob Penkhus Mazda usually runs great programs on CX-7s. My brother-in-law got a great deal on one and love it!

Check them out
    CX-9 GT FWD
    NO options

MSRP: 33795
    Invoice: 31522
    Offer: 31,000 + TTL

Offer was accepted but with an additional dealer fee of $500. I would have done the deal without the dealer fee. Good deal or not?
  • johnismynamejohnismyname Member Posts: 4
    I have this deal for a CX-9 GT, AWD, Moonroof/Bose, Power Liftgate, white pearl exterior and sand interior. Is this a god deal?

$34387
    $250 doc
    $2251.41 @6.5 % tax
    $33.50 licence
    $36921.91 Total, includes the 0% for upto 60 mo. and free oil changes for life.
    Thats an amazing deal. I just bought the same config in the touring model (gray exterior) for total oTD of 35.9 so you are basically getting the GT upgrade for only $1k more than me. I prob would have jumped on that.
    edited September 2010
    Just a follow-up, picked up a CX-9 GT FWD with roof rack.

MSRP: $33,845.00
    Invoice: $31,343.00
    Paid: 30,050 + TTL and got 0% financing
  • frog_kissfrog_kiss Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2010
    Just came back from a test drive and got to know they are offering 0% or 4800 off to get rid of 10 model. Is this the new promotion running? Why didn't I see it mentioned by previous posting or other pricing services?

Before taking this amount off, is it possible to get a price at invoice or even lower for 10 model? Thanks,
    0% or 4800 off, What price at 0% ? I don't understand.
  • ketanb81ketanb81 Member Posts: 1
    Got a deal for CX-9 GT, AWD, Bose/moonroof, power liftgate, navigation and wheel lock. Is this a good deal?

$ 34100 with 500 loyalty rebate included.
    $ 2,547.56 tax (7% NJ)

$36646.50 with 0% finance and tag is not included.
    I finally closed on this 2010 CX-9: GT, AWD, Moonroof/Bose, Navigation, Power Hatch, Pearl white with sand interior.

MSRP: 39315
    Sale price: 34,800
    Documentation fee: 250
    Taxes: 2278.25 (@6.5%, OH)
    Title/Reg: 48.50
    Total OTD: 37376.40 with 0% APR.

I believe the price was about 1650 below invoice according to truecar (I think I could have pushed to go 200-300 below this). According to the salesman they weren't making much anyway. Had a very smooth buying experience. Negotiated everything over the email/phone.

Quite happy with the car so far. I haven't been terribly disappointed with the NAV system (as I was expecting from all the reviews), but could be better.
  • zoom19zoom19 Member Posts: 1
    i got quote 33140 include everything except tax for 2010 GT AWT bose moonroof package. How it sounds guys? any comment?
  • cheapisgoodcheapisgood Member Posts: 16
    I just bought a Touring. Dolphin Gray Mica, Black Interior
    MOONROOF/BOSE
    6CD W/DISPLAY AUDIO PKG
    POWER LIFTGATE PKG
    Total MSRP: $ 34,377
    Dealer added to vehicle about $1250 in scotchguard and other junk I didn't pay for..
    $30,203
    minus $500 loyalty
    Plus 0% financing for 60 months.
    Plus all Fees.
    Cardinale Mazda.. Easy to deal with their internet department.
    Dealer wanted $2500 for extended warranty - I laughed
  • chaoszerochaoszero Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    So my parents recently closed on a CX-9:

Grand Touring AWD
    Liquid Silver Metallic (over the Dolphin Gray Mica)
    Black Interior
    Moonroof/Bose
    Navigation
    Power Liftgate
    Roof Rack
    Wheel locks

After negotiations, the dealer settled at 34,300 before taxes and fees, with the 0%-60 month financing.

Did we get a good price for this? After reading some of the latest posts, it seems like we did. I don't mean to sound selfish. It's just that the family has been driving Toyota/Lexus/Scion and they were really considering the Highlander. This will be our first Mazda, so I'm unsure of its reliability.

EDIT: I forgot that we didn't add the remote starter. Mom would like one, but the dealer is charging $395 installed for it. They also want this extended warranty (7yr/100,000 mile) for ~$2800... Should I go for either one? Are there alternatives?

Thanks for reading!
  • mazda10mazda10 Member Posts: 4
    Hey chaoszero, I've been shopping for the same trim and options in VA. I think you got one of the best deals. TrueCars gave me a $35,146 for that config. Could you share the dealership and state where you got the deal ? Dealers are calling this price as a lie..usual sales bickering. Appreciate greatly.
    Both seem like good deals to me ... my 2010 AWD touring with bose cost me $33,125+tax+fees = $35.9 OTD (w/ 0%). You are getting the upgrade to the GT and the nav package for only $1200-$2000 more which sounds great.
  • stevieb02777stevieb02777 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2010
    I have been looking for GT package as well...Just returned from Tasca in Cranston RI. Sales Manager says everybody here is lying...His best price for me for GT package was $37,149 with 0%financing...They told me NOBODY gets rebates and 0%.
    stevieb02777,
    Those guys are not truthful and of course they gotta do what they gotta do to do their job. They knew it and Honesty doesn't stick in their business. This isn't my first time car buying exp. But every time we gotta go through this idiotic price fight for a reasonable price.
    edited October 2010
    Mazda10,

Are all GT packages identical? If they are looks like you did 2k better than I did...Was your quote with 0%?
  • jam0persjam0pers Member Posts: 9
    I think I've been offered a really good deal (about to accept), looking for comments:

2010CX-9 Grand Touring
    Exterior: CRYSTAL WHITE PEARL MICA
    Interior: SAND LEATHER
    Equipped With
    Packages:
    MOONROOF/BOSE
    TOWING PREP
    Options:
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE REAR HATCH
    TOW HITCH & HARNESS - 3,500 LB CAPACITY
    ROOF RACK

$35,530 Driveout Price

Please comment
    jam0pers,

Looks like an unbelievable deal! Is that with 0%? Where are you located? I still do not know how all of you are getting these prices.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    It's difficult to say whether an OTD price is the best deal possible without a breakdown of the fees, sales tax, etc.

Just based on what the vehicle would sell for here in my area (Atlanta) a great deal is somewhere in the $33,800 to $34,300 range. Here in Georgia we pay the same sales tax rate on cars as on any other taxable purchase (7% in most counties, 6% in a few), so sales tax on $33,800 would add $2028 and the title fee is $18, so $35,846 would be the best case scenario...

Regardless, your price of $35,530 sounds pretty darn good on a vehicle with a $38,890 MSRP.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Hi igozoomzoom - Thanks for the response. Yes, it does seem to be a very good deal. Where do you get your information of $33,800 to $34,300? From your email name, I'm wondering if you are a dealer? Thanks!
    edited October 2010
    jam0pers,

is this with zero? what trim level? loaded? navigation? backup camera? my dealer will not come close to any of these prices.
    edited October 2010
    jam0pers, is this with AWD/FWD? If with AWD, then it is heck of a deal. If FWD, then it is close to what others have posted, and still a good deal.

Does this include 0% apr (or $1K rebate--as of last month) or loyalty rebate? A breakdown would be helpful. What state are you in?
    Hi to those who have commented - it was for FWD, GT and options as noted above (backup camera comes with the NAV package). I actually didn't want the NAV package, but had to get in order to get factory towing at 3500.

Loyalty not included in deal (I don't currently own a Mazda) and have not firmed up financing yet. The Mazda web site says the 0% 60 month financing is in effect until 11/1, so I am assuming I could still get it if I qualify.....does anyone know any reason why the financing wouldn't be possible? we have other financing options, but this one is probably a better deal. THANKS!
    stevieb02777, I've not got a firm quote(OTD) yet from the dealer... I call it fully loaded with Nav, Moon Roof & Bose, Power Lift Gate Options with GT AWD. Edmunds and True car is putting the best local price(Va) at 34,700 give or take 50. OTD should be 1500 on top of that.. 36,200.
    jam0pers, Your deal seems to be one heck of a deal.. Do you mind sharing the state and dealership? I would like to go for that deal, if I get that from there.
  • davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    jam0pers,

If the dealer quoted you that great price, make sure to ask if that is including any rebates Mazda offers. If so, then you will definately not be able to get the 0% financing because Mazda only offers either or only but not both.
  • chaoszerochaoszero Member Posts: 2
    Isn't the tow prep standard for the AWD GT?

Also, what is everyone's thoughts on the mazda dealer-installed remote starter for $395? Would I be able to use an aftermarket starter with the advance smart-key system thing?

Thanks!
    Thanks....I didn't waste time pushing for 0% as a result of your comment. You were correct. My price included a dealer incentive which you don't get with the 0%. Still a good deal, I think.
  • 9honda89honda8 Member Posts: 20
    I notice the new incentives have not been mentioned. For October Manufacturer
    to dealer zassistance is $2,000.00 and looks like 0% is still available. Dealing should get better now. ;)
    But even in October, it is still $2,000 OR 0%, but not both, correct?
    Correct, $2000 or 0%
    The car is now in my garage. Very happy with it. Thanks for the help and comments.
    Received the following offer:

2010 AWD GT White/sand
    Bose/Moonroof
    Nav
    Towing
    roof rack
    all-wx mats
    pwr hatch
    remote start
    wh locks
    perhaps other small stuff but the verbal quote went by me a bit fast.
    list 40,835 asking 35,799 + ?fees TTL

what do you think?
    Does it include taxes? Suggest you request in email the full driveout cost (don't want any surprise fees) and the VIN number of the car. You can then doublecheck the options on the Mazda web site inventory.
    The price was plus doc fee (?) and tax title and plates. The person who quoted me was only relaying the message and couldn't or wouldn't tell me the "doc" fee. So far, alot of nothing.
    A quick search for 2010 AWD GT on Mazda's locate feature shows over 700 available within 100 miles of my location.