Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• quattrodocquattrodoc Member Posts: 20
    New Car Price Reports/Mazda/CX9/ There should be a little orange triangle next to the 2010 - I just did it, it should work.
  • manduanyymanduanyy Member Posts: 3
    Dealer gave me the price is $34,234 + TTL for 2010 CX9 GT include MOONROOF/BOSE, NAVIGATION SYSTEM and POWER OPEN/CLOSE REAR HATCH. Is it a good price?

by the way, I am living in wisconsin.

Thanks a lot
  • manduanyymanduanyy Member Posts: 3
    Is the $33,000 price out the door price? or it is the price before TTL.

Thanks
    FWD or AWD? Everyone please state FWD or AWD when discussing your purchases/possible purchases - it would help us all!!!

Thanks!
    I think it's a great price... where is it?
  • martymcflyskmartymcflysk Member Posts: 4
    I have been reading on these forums for the past few weeks since I got interested in the CX9.

I am planning to buy a used 2008 CX9 GT AWD with Navigation, Backup Camera, Rear DVD, BSM, Power Rear Hatch from a dealer. It has 48000 miles on it and price is $22500.

Should I expect any issues with so many miles on it? The tires are pretty new 8/32.
    What do you guys think? Is this a good price?

Thanks!
  • nprseekernprseeker Member Posts: 5
    Is Mazda financing only thru Chase?
  • bababooey2010bababooey2010 Member Posts: 6
    Mine was through Bank of America. Logged on to my checking account a few weeks after the sale (10/23/10) and the loan was already there on my log-in page.
  • agbiggsagbiggs Member Posts: 19
    Just a note that yesterday I picked up a 2010 AWD GT with nav, moonroof/Bose, power lift gate, roof rack and wheel locks. MSRP was $39,615 and invoice was $36,596. Using the rebate, I got it for $34,500 plus TTL. I probably could have gotten a little lower than that had I been less picky on colors; got the Dolphin Grey with Sand interior. Most of the remaining 2010s in the DC area were black or white with black interior. I got prices from USAA's buying service, but ended up buying from a dealer that didn't participate in it. But overall it seems like a good deal and I'm real happy with the car so far.
  • sqlmonkeysqlmonkey Member Posts: 9
    Fully loaded 2010 AWD, e.g. moonroof, nav, power rear, roof rack, tow hitch. I was offered $36720 or $300 below invoice. Sound fair? This is before any other incentives.
  • simonbirchsimonbirch Member Posts: 4
    I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. I was looking for a base mode 2010 GT AWD with NO options, just a few accessories (splash guard, bear bumper guard, retractable cargo cover, all weather floor mats).
    The dealer's asking price is 34,058 with 0% loan, or 32,058 for cash.

The saleswoman insist that the Edmund.com TMV price is only good for a cash deal, which I know is not true (Edmund.com says it factors in the incentive).

The issue is that I can only find two car with the color that I like, and has no options on it.
    Am I out of luck for a better price?
    And what should I expect for a base mode GT AWD 2010 here in Pittsburgh anyways?

Thanks,
    You should be able to get a 2011 for that price.
  • agbiggsagbiggs Member Posts: 19
    That seems like a pretty good price, although you might do just a little bit better. As I noted in a post today, I paid $34.5 including the rebate for a basically loaded GT, although I didn't get the tow hitch. So you're doing right about as well as I did. I figured if I wasn't picky about colors I could have cut around $250 off what I paid. That said, quibbling over a hundred bucks or so on a $35k car probably isn't a big deal.
    Anyone here bought a 2010 GT AWD in the Pittsburgh area recently? What did you pay?
  • maughammaugham Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2010 CX9 Grand Touring AWD in Dolphin Gray / Black leather with the big options (Bose / moonroof, power liftgate, nav, roof rails, etc) for a smidge under invoice. Sticker was $39,500 paid $36,700 (price includes destination) with 0 percent. Would have been $2k under invoice without the financing (0% worked better for us). Probably could have done better elsewhere but we had a trade nobody seemed to want and they gave us a reasonable offer. Having a trade really screws the deal.

Did not want nav at all, but the big touch screen is actually really cool. Have not driven it enough to determine if the nav will displace my beloved Garmin, but for the satellite radio, bluetooth phone, etc it is nice.

I found the inventory locator on Edmunds very helpful, especially as I wanted a specific color - love being able to search by color.
    How much under invoice is normal? I got offered $300 under, but is a far cry from $2000 under.
    Thanks for the reply Maugham.
    I think I can accept the 32,060 offer, but only if it's with 0 % financing. I don't desperately need a new car, and I don't have to have a cx 9.

Like you, I prefer my Garmin. Not only I'm use to it, I also think it's much safer to have your Nav on top of the dash board at more of an eye level. Looking down to see where you are at using the on-board Nav can be dangerous. I plan to buy another Garmin and have it professionally installed, so the wires can be hidden behind the windshield.

Have a good holiday.
  • speer1speer1 Member Posts: 3
    Looking at a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring with FWD, Moonroof Bose, Towing Prep, Navigation, and Power Liftgate. MSRP is $37,815 and dealer quoted me $30,998 plus TTL (price includes the rebate). Is this a fair price? Seems pretty good after reading through this forum but curious as to other's thoughts. Thanks.
  • white_miata06white_miata06 Member Posts: 15
    Can anyone confirm that Mazda is now offering $3000 Dealer Engagement cash off the 2010's CX-9s?
    a few dealers are now advertising GTs "AWDs" for around $7500 off MSRP now. I recommend that you check inventory supply to decide if you want to wait a little further for more manufacturer dealer engagement cash. I heard a rumor that the engagement cash went up by $1000 this weekend, but I have yet to get confirmation.
    It is true, I believe it came out Tuesday. I just got home from buying a 2010 AWD CX9 GT w/ roof rack for $28500. I almost bought one w/ the Bose/Roof/Lift for $30990, but I really didn't want the options. I was happy w/ the price, I'm sure could've knocked a bit more off, but they are getting so scarce that you're running risk of not getting one. I didn't see the value in buying a 2011 for $3500 more.
    quattrodoc,

so your MSRP was $35245? Around $7000 below sticker before TTL. correct?
    or another way to look at it.
    Invoice was $32,834 - $3000 DE = $29834. So you got around $1300 below invoice?
    Where you able to take advantage of the $500 loyalty cash?
    Which state?
    White Miata, that is correct - this was my first Mazda, so loyalty cash didn't work, though I had another dealer basically tell me that they were giving that to everyone, even if you weren't a repeat owner. Those numbers look correct; I had to drive it home last night (165 miles) and all I can say is wow. I was really impressed with everything so far. This was in Denver, CO
    quattrodoc,
    thanks for the confirmation. Enjoy your new CX-9. They do drive great!
    edited November 2010
    Just purchased mine tonight for $26200 (includes $3000 incentive) before TTL and loyalty cash. External financing. MSRP was $32905.
    Alas, these fantastic deals must be regional. Found the perfect CX-9 for me: blue AWD GT with moon, nav, roof rack, hitch and even splash guards. MSRP is 40,115 and they were originally offering only $300 under invoice, then finally went to $500 under invoice. Yes, there was $500 customer loyalty and $2k or 0%, but when I tried to ask for both $2k bonus AND 0% they balked. During the 48 hours of negotiation, someone else bought the car, and they sold a few other AWD GT's as well. Alas, the number of blue AWD GT's with more than basic options in a 150 mile radius is less than the fingers on one hand.

This is in Seattle, and they are they are selling so well there's very little they'll give you as there are plenty of customers with more cash it seems.

So, the advice is know your market. Alas mine seems loathe to offer much at all below invoice (not including any incentives).
  • harrydogyoharrydogyo Member Posts: 8
    Bought from Lannan Mazda in Lowell MA last week. Great experience (really nice dealer and great internet manager, finance guy and salesperson) and love the car. The "base" model has bluetooth and a lot of great options. Mine has heated power seats, roof rails and remote start for options.

Love the car, also got 2.79 for 60 months from non Mazda financing through the dealer (citizens bank). And it's heavy enough for a big tax deduction through our small business.

Started with truecar, IRA got close on price but these guys beat everyone.
  • sun13sun13 Member Posts: 1
    For $26,685 , out the door price?
  • harrydogyoharrydogyo Member Posts: 8
    Doesn't include tax, doc prep or RMV fees, but does include destination. About $600 less than the lowest truecar transaction.

They gave me a great offer on my trade, $100 above Edmunds TMV and $300 above blue book.

It's a former Saturn dealer that just converted earlier this year to Mazda, so I think they're just looking for the business. But really nice people.

I was bracing myself to be lowballed on the trade or some other catch, I'd say the only other area where they were looking to profit was that the first financing they offered was 3.49 but when I quoted Capital One at 2.6, they came back with 2.79.

All around, I can't believe I'm driving such a nice car for 26k and we'll write off almost all of it year end on our taxes with accelerated depreciation (GVWR over 6k)
    edited November 2010
    if think it expires today, I wonder what it will go up to tomorrow. If anyone finds out, please post it here.
  • sparky125sparky125 Member Posts: 5
    I rec. a quote on a 2010 GT msrp. 38,215 for 31,566 before tx. and fees anyone think I can do better?
    No, at least not in Seattle. The 2010's are flying like hot cakes and certain colors are pretty much gone. Where are you?
    Dallas Tx. area, I thought I would buy a 2011 but I would have to work hard to get one for 3000 more so I'm thinking of this quote or 33,870 out the door for one with rear entertainment pkg.
    Is the rear entertainment pkg. worth 450 more?
    Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a 2010 CX-9 FWD Grand Touring with MSRP of $38,715 and got them down to $30,500. They did try to low ball me on my trade in but they made be a better offer once I got up to walk out. I'm located in Central Texas (between Ausitn and San Antonio).
    You are far luckier than I. Just bought mine and it had an MSRP of $39,285. The vehicle price was sold at $32,319 but that includes cash back allowanance and Mazda loyalty credit. Options on mine: Moonroof, Nav, Power Hatch.

While we tried to drive a harder bargain, someone else bought the car we were initially looking at, so I had to have roof racks & mud flaps put on after the sale :(

There were 7 blue 2010 CX-9 AWD's in my metro area as of last Friday, MazdaUsa only shows 3 as of today. The only real color choices left are Black, Gray, and Silver.

You guys are certainly seeing better deals than I'm finding here. :) At the least, I found 2.69% interest, and I'm happy to at least have gotten one of the last blues left, and they gave me a decent value for my trade in (not fantastic, but still pretty good at least).
  • aceriftacerift Member Posts: 2
    Speer 1,

Congrats on the new wheels.

Ready to buy in Austin, willing to shop San Antonio. Might I ask which dealership?
    Check out Roger Beasley Mazda. Honestly I didn't have much luck with the San Antonio dealers.
  • aceriftacerift Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Will inform how CX9 hunting turns out.
    We are considering getting after market leather seats for a 2010 CX-9 Sport. Dealer will get it installed for $1798. Is that a good idea? I mean how would that compare to factory installed leather seats.
    You sure won't get your money back out of it.... If anything, I think it might hurt your resale someday...
    edited December 2010
    Just got an offer for $30,400 (after $500 loyalty rebate) CX-9 Touring FWD . We have our own financing. MSRP is $34,702 with Moonroof/Bose, power liftgate and autodim mirror package. Dealer says it can't go down any more. Is this a good deal? We are in the South.
    hold out for 6-7k off msrp. They can do that presuming it's a 2010.
    They just offered us $29,500. Should we take it?
  • lukes6lukes6 Member Posts: 35
    You're at $5200 under MSRP and have more to play with for a 2010. Offer them $28000 to close the deal tonight. I certainly wouldn't go any more than $28500 with all the incentives you're getting.....$500 loyalty,
    $750 cash incentive, $2000 for not taking the 0/60 financing. That alone is $3250 which you should be getting at a minimum below whatever invoice is for your model/options. Here where I live a 2010 is going for 300-500 below invoice minus YOUR incentives. Others are doing even better depending on where you are. Good luck and keep us posted. Keep an eye on the fees when doing the paperwork. Dealerships where I live are sneaky at agreeing to a deal then trying to get you with hidden fees in the paperwork.
  • samhahnsamhahn Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2010
    I have been eyeing this one for a while after I failed miseably trying to locate Mazda5 GT with no options. I tried overstock.com first and didn't have much luck with the dealers because 1 dealer was always quite a bit cheaper than other dealers and when you call them, they got nothing in stock. My search criteria was with 91206 zip code. Most of time, you'll get 3 dealers. Most aggresive of all in terms of contacting you will be Browning Mazda. So help yourself and contact them directly if you don't want constant calls from them. Doesn't matter whether you mention them to contact you by email only!

If you use 91206, 22.6miles away from you will be Browning Mazda of Cerritos. 23 miles will be Pacific Ford Lincoln Mercury Mazda or aka Long Beach Mazda on mazdausa.com. 49.6 miles will be Riverside Mazda. They will always have the the lowest price on pretty much everything BUT almost never have it in stock. If they do, you might get the lowest price with them. At first I didn't really have much luck with NONE of them even with the overstock price quotes.

So I decided to go with Carsdirect who had $565 higher price than overstock quote but I figured let them do the work and find the car for me. I was going to give them business at this point BUT the guy who was in charge of me wanted me to be 150% sure on everything! My request was CX9 FWD w/ rear enter, navi, power lift gate, towing prep, and all weather floor mats (I thought no floor mat was include with ANY car and had to buy it due to my last new car purchasing exp. with Altima LONG time ago but that is another story)

Color wise I told him I was open to black,white, silver, dolphin gray for ext and prefered sand int BUT will take black too since I knew there weren't that many 2010 CX9 GT with those options. I told him there should not be that many cars left with such options with the color criteria I gave to him. And that guy was keep insisting I HAD to commit to EXACT color preference because he doesn't want to waste 4-5 hours of research time to track it down for me for nothing.

I was keep telling him that I did most of the research in term of inventory within drivable range and there should be less than handful of cars with options my wife wanted so let me know what colors are available and my wife will pick the one she likes the most and he was keep saying I had to be 150% sure of the color before he would look for the car! This went on for a bit and at this point I got so fed up with 150% thing told him thanks for his time and said goodbye. That was Friday afternoon.

I was so fed up with the carsdirect (maybe I had a bad luck) , I decided to go at it on my own and made calls to number of dealers that had those options in inventory according to mazdausa. First one was Browning of Cerritos who was trying to sell me demo w/ 6500 miles for almost $31k. I actually offered $30.5 and they declined! They do have another demo with almost 12k miles on it as well. 2 cars that show up on mazdausa for 2010 GT for Browning Cerritos are BOTH demos people.

Next one was 2nd one I contacted was Pacific Ford Lincoln Mazda. They had 3 nicely loaded GT. I dealt with a rep who was Marvelous. (just consider half that, wink, wink) I told him straight up, I am going to buy GT tomorrow and I wanted to know whether he could match the overstock price because I was deciding between 3 dealers for tomorrow's purchase, all cash. Only thing was that I had to drive quite a bit with my wife and my son to get there so I told him, I would definately give him a call if were to go down there to purchase.

Saturday morning, I made calls to 2 more dealers (Galpin Valencia and Galpin Van Nuys) with options I wanted and price I wanted telling them that I am going to purchase a GT today and going to drive down BUT it they could match the price, I would rather do business with them since they were much closer to where I live. (I just used 91206 as reference point for search and don't live there) I told both of them that let me know asap because I want to buy it today from another dealer further down UNLESS they can match the price. Both of them told me they will find out and call me back.

Now I got some work to do which was cleaning the garage to make space for GT!
    From this point on, my cell and phone rang almost non stop. Back and forth calls and came to 1 stumbling point. The car they carry with greater than 30k price have LoJacks installed already! Doh! I was kept saying I don't know. I like your price but Lojack is messing up everything in terms of price. So both of them told me they'll talk to the manager and call me right back. I was thinking I might have to drive way down to Long Beach Mazda on Sunday since it was getting slightly late for me to drive all the way down there.

Luckily both of them got back to me. Prices they got back to me was very close to one another. Slightly different options but close enough. So it pretty much came down to how many miles it had! One had 250miles, other one had to be transfered from storage since it was going to be sold to on Nov 30 but finance didn't go through. That one had 120 miles on it after they brought it back from the storage. Actually this one was the one I was eying all along but the person I dealt before could not track it down. The person I talked today was able to track it down to storage area (another Galpin dealer). After a bit of negotiation, he gave me $32.5k price for 2010 GT w/ Pwr lift gate, navi, enter w/ bose, towing prep, and LoJack. So I took that offer.

I think I might have gotten 200-300 cheaper if I really played hardball but I was tired and this one was the only one with EXACT options I wanted and closest to home. Galpin has a couple more nice models at pretty nice price. I worked with a rep who was almost as Great as King of Macedon but only half as great! (wink, wink again). He was very pleasant to work w/ in many ways. Oh, and if you plan to buy it from them, go with cash offer OR bring your own fiance. I was sitting next door to another person trying to get a car and didn't sound too fun. Than again that is expected from most auto dealer now days. Also I will share with you my hard earned info after going through numerous calls. So please do share your exp/info as well w/ others.

Galpin has Silver/black CX9 GT AWD (yes, ALL wd. I bought FWD, however) w/Moon/bose, navi, liftgate for $32,449 for someone who is interested in awd model.
    They also have White/sand CX9 GT FWD w/ moon/bose, navi, liftgate, towing prep, remote engine start, and LoJack for $32,427. That is w/ extra $200 for white paint. Since there aren't too many white/sand GT left in so cal, this is decent price. You might be able to haggle few extra hundreds if you wish but that might or might not fly since well equipped GT inventory is shrinking pretty fast.

Long Beach Mazda do have really nice price AND have few in
    edited December 2010
    Long Beach Mazda do have really nice price AND have few in their inventory BUT they do have extra options that I didn't want such as roof rack and tow hitch harness which increase price a bit but if you want those option, LB Mazda might be a good option. If you want rear ent system instead of moon/bose, they do have black/black at overstock price. I don't think they have LoJack preinstalled but you might want to double check. They have white/sand equipped exactly the same as black/black but with moon/bose instead. They also have silver/black with moon/bose, navi, power lift gate, and tow prep. FYI Lojack price can be brought down to $450 easily and from what I hear, $375 is dealer cost although I am not sure how outdate or accurate that is.

Remember if you use overstock quote, don't even bother using Riverside price and have the others try to match it. I tried many times with Mazda5 AND CX9 and never worked since most of the time they don't even have it in the stock! Last thing they told me was if I pay 200 transfer fee, they will try to get it for you but answer was always the same. "The other dealer didn't want to give it to us. I am sorry but we do have other cars." Look at their inventory first! IF they have it in stock, THEN call them up and talk to them.

By the way just ask for sales, THEN ask that sales person whether they will honor the pricing instead asking for someone who is in charge of internet sales. Person who is in charge of internet sales are usually person who answers the phone and doesn't have much knowledge from MY experience dealing with above mentioned dealers. Could me wrong with other dealers, however. Well anyway, I am a happy camper along with my wife. My son too since he can watch his fav show, Chuggington when we go somewhere! :)

Hopefully I didn't bore you too much and there was enough useful info for someone looking for nicely loaded GT in so cal. :)

P.S. I am sure most of you know already but as a reminder, there is $3k DE. and if you want to go with 0% for 60 month, you get $750. From what I read, few people had luck getting DE AND 0% for 60 month but I got shot down every time.

P.P.S. Riverside Mazda do have Dolphin gray/black AWD for someone looking for it w/ Moon/bose, navi, and power lift game (awd comes with tow prep) at $31099 overstock price and white/sand Touring (NOT GT) AWD w/ auto dimming mirror, moon/bose, power lift gate, roof rail, and SS rear bumper for $28,468 OS price.

Both are REALLY nice prices IF they have them in stock AND they are not demos w/ lot of milage on it. If someone who reads this and gets it, please post detail. I am VERY curious to the outcome. I never really looked for AWD and didn't really want it so didn't even bother calling them asking for it to verify the pricing info.
  • mmichelmmichel Member Posts: 1
    Bought my wife a new 2010 awd GT with Nav, rear ent, power hatch, roof rack, remote start, and towing today for $34,000. I bought it through email at Lannon in Lowell, MA (after my wife test drove one a couple moths ago). I liked Lannon because they didn't try pushing anything extra. The $34k doesn't include MA sales tax or title fees.
  • enefinenefin Member Posts: 7
    Samhahn,

Thanks for the detailed write-up. It captures my experience in No Cal. Overstock/AMEX pricing is mostly a teaser for the dealers. They never have the exact CX-9 in stock that you price and the same car, but in a different color, can be 2K more according to the dealer. What was the MSRP on the car that you bought?
    edited December 2010
    It was $38,785 w/o LoJack price printed on it. So people might get hit w/ additional cost half way through negotiation. I was rushing them w/ price quotes while telling them I wanted exact price quote so I can drive down with my checkbook and CC and they told me about the LoJack being part of it on 2nd or 3rd phone call.

They were trying to push $695 for it then lowered it to $450. From what I hear $375 was/is their cost and MSRP (w/ install) for it is $695. It is only useful for lowering your insurance premium a little and to track it down fast in CA once your car gets stolen so I really don't mind having one inside my brand new CX9. I don't think I would have known that it had LoJack installed on it if they didn't tell me and I didn't receive LoJack regi info.