Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• samhahnsamhahn Member Posts: 8
    From my experienc the LOWEST OS pricing so far has been teaser price while second lowest ones were more willing to honor the price mostly based on their inventory situation. So do check their inventory before even bothering to call them with OS pricing.

I really wish someone from this forum tries to get those 2 car I listed above from Mazda Riverside. They are $8-8.2k below the MSRP which is great price in my opinion. I do have a feeling they might have bit more milage then the usual ones though both being the only 2010 AWD left for T and GT model in their inventory.
  • samhahnsamhahn Member Posts: 8
    If any buyer out there in San Diego area, Westcott Mazda still has crap load of 2010 GTs available. They are advertising 7000 off msrp on 5 models (that is w/ loyalty so 6500 off for most) on their web. They are also listed as OS dealer along with John Hine. John Hine's OS pricing is 500 lower but don't have too many left and you know how that plays out usually. So if you are a buyer in SD area, I think you won't have hard time pushing WC try to match JH's OS pricing IF you can show them that you are a cash buyer and if price is right, you'll drive it out that day. Well GLTA~! I wish I lived down there. Better weather and more opportunity to buy GT for about 1k less than LA area. They are priced $7.5-8k below MSRP according to OS pricing.
  • jswmjswm Member Posts: 1
    I was looking at 2010 & 2011 cx9's today in southwest VA and noticed a separate tag besides the dealer sticker that read, "Adjusted Market Price," and added an additional 10% of the MSRP to the total price of the car. These were the Touring models, with a new price of $38.5k.

Any idea what the deal with the AMP is? I'm not in a major metropolitan area and have never seen this before.

Thanks!
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Very common with hot, new limited availability vehicles...basically just markup over sticker from the dealers, to buyers who will pay it. Bizarre on a new Mazda, but sometimes common to the area...don't pay it.
  • bltzkrigbltzkrig Member Posts: 7
    Just got offers from two dealers for $1800-1900 below invoice for a 2011 CX-9 Touring with moon-roof/bose/power liftgate (MSRP 34900, Invoice 32350, Offer before tax and fees ~30550). Is that good? This is in southern california.

Also, a quick question about options. Manufacturer-installed roof rails are only $200 as an option, but adding them at the dealership is more than twice that much with installation. Is there a way to get them cheaper at a third party place or install them yourself?

The cars I saw didn't have a security alarm in the installed options. But the cars did have a basic alarm already. What does the optional alarm add?

Thanks!
  • azguy3azguy3 Member Posts: 4
    I think it is good offer. In phoenix area I only get a quote 1k below invoice for 2011 models. are there loyalty cashed applied in the offer?
  • jcpharmjcpharm Member Posts: 92
    Also, a quick question about options. Manufacturer-installed roof rails are only $200 as an option, but adding them at the dealership is more than twice that much with installation. Is there a way to get them cheaper at a third party place or install them yourself?

Although this may very well be the case, you may want to make sure you have differentiated "roof rails" from "roof rack". a "roof rack" includes the crossbars which comes out to approximately twice as much as "roof rails" (where you can add your own crossbars). my dealership charged me an extra $200 to add the crossbars to the already existing roof rails.
  • gparrgparr Member Posts: 4
    Well...after lurking and driving a friend's CX-9, I bit the bullet and bought a 2010 GT - White w/ Tan interior. Nav, Moonroof, Power Liftgate, Tow Prep. Walked out beofer TTL at $32400.

Was pleased and certainly pleased with the ride!
    edited December 2010
    Yes, I realize I need both the rails and the crossbars to complete the rack. One car I looked at had factory roof rails only ($250 option, not $200 as I said earlier). Another had no roof rails, but a better price/dealership experience. I don't need the rack at this time, but foresee needing one down the road. I was wondering if I went with the car with no factory-rails, would it be difficult to add a rack later on.

My pricing was through the AMEX program amexnetwork.zag.com. One dealer gave me the runaround and said I needed to qualify for the loyalty cash to get the $1800 below invoice, but finally agreed to give me the full amount. The other dealer gave it to me no questions asked. In both cases, their invoices had an additional $150 advertising fee compared to the invoices published on the internet.

So should I bite?
    gparr, what is the MSRP on the car you got?
    if you don't need it immediately, why not wait for the month end/year end?
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Got a price @ $36,000 out the door including 0% in central NJ.

Regards,
    OW
  • gparrgparr Member Posts: 4
    $38,315
    Pulled the trigger on a 2011 Touring w/ Moonroof/Bose/Power Liftgate/Roof rails for $30580 + TTL. Was debating between this and a nicely loaded 2010 GT (with nav) for about a 1000 more. But none of the socal dealers I talked to were willing to swap the 20" rims on the GT for 18"ones. Finally decided to go with the 2011 car and forgo the bilndspot monitoring and nav.
  • black_sparrowblack_sparrow Member Posts: 7
    Bought 2010 GT with Nav, Rear Entertainment, roof rails, towing prep, all weather mats, pwr lift gate for $30,500. MSRP of $39,235. I am in SF bay area.
  • sparky125sparky125 Member Posts: 5
    Bird you beat me by almost 2k I hate that. congrats
  • black_sparrowblack_sparrow Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Sparky! Enjoy the vehicle. Its fun to drive.
  • mrnadirmrnadir Member Posts: 28
    Hi there,
    What is the total of incentives given currently for a sport and Touring CX-9?
    From the thread I see that its about:
    $2000 for not taking the 0/60 financing
    $750 Customer incentive
    $500 loyalty incentive
    Is the above correct? Thanks a lot in advance!
  • lukes6lukes6 Member Posts: 35
    Mrnadir

Looks like I crossed up the incentive specifics as I understand them. Let me clarify - 2010 CX9 GT, Touring, or Sport.

$3000 for not taking the 0/60 financing or 0/60 financing plus $750 cash. One or the other.
    $500 loyalty on any deal.

Good luck!
    bltzkrig, did you pay any documentation fee ?
  • e_9e_9 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Sparrow,

I assume that the $30,500 is before TTL? Would you mind sharing which dealer you went to and perhaps how you bargained them down to that price?

I'm currently in contact with a couple of dealers in both Sacramento and San Jose and the best quote I've recieved so far is $34,209. That's for a 2010 GT with Nav, Rear Entertainment, and pwr lift gate with an MSRP of $40,315 (including $780 "destination fee").

I'm impressed you were able to get yours for $4,000 less AND still get roof rails, towing prep, and all weather mats. Hat's off :)

--E
  • enefinenefin Member Posts: 7
    Very impressive deal - which dealer?
  • edikedik Member Posts: 8
    3 days ago Jacksonville area 26000 OTD 2010 CX-9 Sport.
    Exactly.

Central NJ. 2010 GT w/Bose/MR pkg and Rear lift gate.

$33,000 Out the Door without 0% Finance. Cash Deal.
    $36,254 OTD with 0% Finance. $604.19/mo./60 months (0 down - based on credit rating)

Took the later. X-Mas present for my Wife.

Always wanted to do that, BTW!

Regards,
    OW
    Has anyone had any experience using the Capital One Auto Buying Program? Just lined up my auto financing and checked out their prices with program dealers in my area. One dealer had 4600 below invoice for a 2010 AWD GT w/Bose, Nav, Power Lift, and Roof Racks. This includes manufacturer to dealer incentives. Curious where the catch is. Seems awfully good at almost 7700 off MSRP.
    Congrats!

Did you purchase a FWD or AWD?

What was the MSRP?

Funny you mentioned X-MAS gift. I'm trying to do the same with the last 2010 AWD GT with the color she wants in my state! Still working on OTD price with a trade. Hopefully, it isn't gone before we agree on price.
    AWD GT w/MRBose and Liftgate.

I'll check on the sticker when I get home and post but was about $37,700.

Good Luck! Merry X-Mas!

Regards,
    OW
  • chipachipchipachip Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Style: I am toggling between 2011 AWD Touring or AWD GT CX-9. I've read some posts on here that the Bose sound system isn't worth it - I personally don't care about the moonroof, but my husband is all about the Bose. I also really like the sleek interior of the GT, but I'm not sure if it's worth it over the Touring?

Price: My husband works for a pharmaceutical company and receives automatic Factory Invoice price. I had a dealership near me (greater Philadelphia area) tell me that the Invoice price was the lowest he could go, no negotiation. He said he was unable to budge on any holdbacks or dealer incentives. Another dealership gave me their "sale" price, which ended up being just factory invoice. The FI is $35,491 (MSRP $37,985 - Moonroof/Bose, no Nav). I've seen on TrueCar that a "Great" price for exactly what I'm looking at is less than $34,525. Any tips on how I can get them down, or how people have gotten up to $4k off Invoice???
    edited December 2010
    chipachip,
    Try the ZAG pricing (at ZAG.com or partners such as amexnetwork.zag.com or overstock.com). I bought a 2011 Touring last weekend using their price. For southern california, this was $1800 below invoice. The dealers which participate in the program are "supposed" to honor the program price. My dealer told me the discount includes the $500 Mazda loyalty bonus (for which I don't qualify), but ultimately agreed to give me the full $1800 below dealer invoice.

BTW, 4k below invoice is only realistic for a 2010 model.

I haven't played around with the Bose system a lot, but it doesn't seem out of this world. I got the Bose/moonroof package mainly because it gave me the 6 CD changer and the back-up camera in the dash, and secondly, because that's how most of the Touring cars were configured.
    The sticker is $37,655 AWD GT w/MRB +liftgate. OTD was $36,254 w/0%/60 (NJ tax=7.4% on 33K), so no money down for me.

IMHO, the Bose system is just OK. It ain't audiophile by more than a mile but it'll do.

Regards,
    OW
  • uberleftyuberlefty Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up our new 2010 CX-9 GT AWD. Crystal White Pearl Mica with Navigation, Moonroof/Bose, Power Liftgate, Remote Start, Roof Rails, Splash Guards, Cargo Mat and Wheel Locks. $33,333 OTD before TT&L. MSRP $40,385. Invoice $37,020.

We had narrowed it down to an Acura MDX or GMC Acadia and decided to look at the CX-9 at the last minute. So glad we did. It's an amazing vehicle.
    Good luck!

I didn't test drive the MDX vs. the cx-9. The Enclave is overpriced and the CX-9 handles far better. Took it home Monday.

What are the differences you found vs. the MDX?

Regards,
    OW
  • chipachipchipachip Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for all of your help! I actually went to both amexnetwork and overstock and ended up getting a quote $1500 under invoice.

I found a dealer in my area who is more than happy to honor it, but wouldn't entertain any other negotiation.

2011 GT AWD Liquid Silver, Moonroof/Bose and Power Lift for $33991, Factory Invoice $35,491, MSRP $37,985, 0.9% for 60 months. If I can get what I'm looking for with my trade-in, I'm signing tonight!

I seriously wouldn't have been able to get what I did without all of the great info on here. THANK YOU!!!
  • cx8_999cx8_999 Member Posts: 4
    Silver 2010 CX9 - Nav/Moonroof/Lift Gate/Tow Prep

MSRP: $38030
    Price: $31250 before TTL (then I got stuck for a $150 "documentation fee" in the finance office)

last night I thought it was a great price, but looking here today, it looks more like an average price.
  • cx8_999cx8_999 Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted $1300 off invoice on a 2011 or $4000 off invoice on a 2010, so your $1500 off invoice a 2011 is better than they offered me (meaning that $4000 off invoice on a 2010 may have some wiggle room in it as well).
  • suvehsuveh Member Posts: 2
    Bought yesterday at $32,237 no finance, MSRP 39,365. I am sure I can do better but happy about the smoth transaction w/ a fair price. I think I did okay because another dealer about 6, 7 miles away want no part of it when I proposed the same price for the same car.
  • enefinenefin Member Posts: 7
    Please do let us know which dealer in the SF Bay area you did this deal with, I am not having much success going beyond $5900 below MSRP. I have shown the dealers your price and they just shrug it off. There is such a large gap between getting $8735 vs $5900 off MSRP that it would be worth driving to the right dealer.

Thanks
    Did your 1500 under invoice include the 500 Mazda loyalty?
  • saltydoggsaltydogg Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday (12/18/2010) I bought my wife a 2010 CX-9 GT in Crystal White Pearl Mica. Options are pearl paint, power gate, nav, rear entertainment (dvd), and tow prep. Sticker price was 39,015. My price was 32,537.80 (before trade, title, tax, 399 BS DOC fee, down pmt). After 6k trade and 2k down I'm paying $400.00 for 72 months. I hope this helps someone who's shopping - it's a great car!
    what was the interest rate on the financing?
  • saltydoggsaltydogg Member Posts: 3
    It was 3.7 something....3.74, I think.
    It sucks that some dealers gouge consumers with ridiculous doc fees. Fortunately for me California caps the doc fees at $55. That's what I had to pay. It's also a good idea to use the DMV calculator to estimate the registration fees so the dealer doesn't pull a fast one.

See here for state-wise limits on the doc fees: http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html
    edited December 2010
    In the middle of texas.
    My only recommendation to anyone about to buy this car is to use amex/zag to figure out the best possible price in order to negotiate with the dealer. In texas, amex/zag does not give the exact price so use a similar city elsewhere to figure out texas prices. I used Raleigh, NC to figure out Austin, TX prices. If you were in Houston, you'd probably use Los Angeles, CA prices.
    Edmunds TMV and truecar are useless prices these days. And after a couple of months/years, probably zag/amex would be useless too but for now, the prices quoted by amex/zag are correct. Lower than costco without the costco hassle.
    My first impression of the car: A minivan which looks like an SUV but without the minivan conveniences :( Hopefully the suspension is somewhat tough like an suv.
    ps: total research time from thought to purchase was 1 month. If I had known about the zag site from the beginning, this would have been much faster.
    pps: I got a rate of 3.59% from the dealer/capital one. I probably would have gotten a better rate if I shopped around but I was lazy and did not have the patience or the guts to argue with the financing person at the dealership!
  • carbuyer_svcarbuyer_sv Member Posts: 4
    My wife likes the white CX-9 GT. We are worried the sand leather interior will get dirty pretty soon and will be difficult to maintain. Any thoughts on putting an after-market leather interiors? Will that void the warranty? I also keep reading that the CX-9's NAV is pretty bad, and I completely agree after my test-drive today. Any thoughts on after-market NAV?
    Thanks.
    As I understand, the warranty doesn't covers upholstery, so getting after market seat covers shouldn't be a problem.

I also have a white CX-9 with sand interior and I've been thinking of getting seat covers from Iggee.com. I have a set from them for the front seats of my Acura. The fit is great and they've held up well for several years. I need to find out whether the middle seat covers allows you to drop down the middle seat arm rest.
  • sqlmonkeysqlmonkey Member Posts: 9
    The nav on the CX-9 is just OK, but isn't as good as the $100 Garmin device I got at Costco. Still, it's handy in a pinch and means I'm not worrying about moving the Garmin between cars.

I've tried Garmin & TomTom, and even the base model Garmin is excellent.

OTOH, the backup camera that you get works really well and I use that frequently, though the lens gets dirty easily.

Still we love the car. I have to say the angle of the front door is more annoying than anything else, as at my height it can bang against my face if I'm not careful.
    Good point about the front door angle. We noticed that in our test-drive yesterday.
    In the market for a CX-9. I am open to buying a demo model with low miles on it. Any pointers on how much less I should pay for a demo with 6-7k miles on it?
    Go with Black if you are concerned but not aftermarket interior, afaic.

Besides, we have a 2003 GMC with grey leather and the leather cleaner was just fine after 8 years.

Regards,
    OW