Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    edited December 2010
    2010 Mazda
    CX-9 AWD 4dr Grand Touring
    Vehicle Summary
    Colors Exterior: Liquid Silver Metallic
    Interior: Black

Options ALL WEATHER FLOOR MATS (FLA)
    BACK UP CAMERA W/AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR DISPLAY (1RV)
    CARGO NET (CGN)
    CARPETED & COLOR KEYED CARGO MAT (CGM)
    FRONT/REAR SPLASH GUARDS (SGB)
    GRAND TOURING PWR LIFT GATE PKG (LG2)
    MOONROOF & BOSE AUDIO PKG (1MC)
    NAVIGATION PKG (NV3)
    REMOTE ENGINE START (RSE)
    RETRACTABLE CARGO COVER (RCC)
    ROOF RAILS (RCK)
    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO (SAT)
    STAINLESS STEEL REAR BUMPER GUARD (RBS)
    TRAILER HITCH RECEIVER & COVER (TTH)
    WHEEL LOCKS (WLK)

Incentives Manufacturer-to-Dealer Incentive
    Expires on 01/03/11

MSRP as configured: $41,780
    Invoice as configured: $38,548
    Overstock price:$34,547
    LIBERTY MAZDA CT

Tasca Auto RI
    same price but 1/2 document fee.
  • banman7banman7 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    Shopped around last week via email/phone for 2010 CX-9 either Sport or Touring. Specifically indicated I wanted the price with the financing, (not the $3000). On Christmas Eve went to the dealer with the best price, test drove, and wala...oh that price doesn't include the financing. They jacked up the price and I walked out. Went to dealer with next best price and made the deal on the spot.

2010 CX-9 Touring FWD, Dolphin Gray/Black, no other options
    OTD = $29,950

Took delivery today. Happy with the result!
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Best of luck!

I had the same experience with the Cash price vs. the finance price.

I complained in the survey they send you after purchase that this is deceptive advertising. You can't claim 0% and then raise the price if you don't pay cash....and expect customers to come back. Even though he was the lowest dealer considering both prices, I gave him a 5 out of 10 on the survey for satisfaction.

Let us know if a class action is brewing on this because I would join in a second.

Regards,
    OW
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    I complained in the survey they send you after purchase that this is deceptive advertising. You can't claim 0% and then raise the price if you don't pay cash....and expect customers to come back. Even though he was the lowest dealer considering both prices, I gave him a 5 out of 10 on the survey for satisfaction.

There is nothing false about it unless the dealer told you that you can have that price with the 0% financing. Did this happen to you?

Advertising has been going on like this for decades and it is not illegal or deceptive. If an ad clearly states the cash price cannot be combined with 0%, it is your fault for not reading the fine print. A class action would not last as long as a fart in the wind....don't bother wasting your time.....
    So, basically 0% is false. This from Edmunds:

Special APR Month Term Start End
    0% 60 12/01/2010 01/03/2011

Restrictions:
    Vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.

Comments:
    Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

I financed through Mazda's finance company. They gave me an OTD price with 0% financing and a cash price $3,000 less.

Either way, it's NOT 0% regardless whether it would not hold up in court or not.

Regards,
    OW
  • carbuyer_svcarbuyer_sv Member Posts: 4
    Following are the quotes that I got from a couple of dealers in Austin, Tx:

Dealer A
    GT (2011) $32,400.00
    Touring (2011) $30900

Dealer B
    Touring (2010) $30,292.00
    Touring (2011) $31,111.00
    GT (2011) $32,879.00

All vehicles have the Bose+moonroof package, Liquid Silver + Black. Looks to me like the 2010s are vanishing and the 2011s are being marked-down to get business moving. Looking to make a purchase tomorrow. Would the following be a good target to shoot for?

Touring (2010) $28500
    Touring (2011) $29500
    GT (2011) $31000

I was open to buying the corporate program vehicles, but it looks like with the year-end discounts, it just doesn't cut it compared to the new vehicles.
    Thanks.
    I'm not really sure I follow you....

Mazda offers two different incentives, 0% financing for 60 months, or a non advertised cash incentive of $3000. It's your choice on what you would like to apply to your purchase. I'm not sure how this is deceptive.

If you took a 0% loan, and no interest is applied, then you are in fact financing at 0%. The $3,000 cash incentive is designed to help dealers clear out remaining inventory and those who have a lot of money down, or can pay cash, it offers something they can take advantage of. 0% financing is not an incentive to a cash buyer, now is it?

Deception can come into play if the dealer you are working with is not up front about their pricing or how you can apply the incentives. If they disclosed to you two purchase options, one with the 0% and one with the $3,000 incentive, then they are operating legally and ethically by giving you the choice on what you would like to do. The only factor a dealer can control is the actual selling price. They cannot alter incentives being offered by the manufacturer.
  • savantmansavantman Member Posts: 1
    Would someone tell me the best incentive ever for 2010 CX-9? Many thanks.
  • pina63pina63 Member Posts: 8
    I can't find a reference to the unadvertised $3000 cash incentive. Anyone have something concrete that I can bring into a dealership? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Found this on edmunds but it only says "up to $3000". http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/cx-9/2010/car-incentives.html

Plus an additional $750 cash back on a 2010 CX-9 http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayRegionalIncentives.action

Plus an additional $500 if you already own a Mazda through 1/3 just scroll down to the bottom of this page or see below http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayRegionalIncentives.action

Mazda Owner Loyalty Cash Program $500 is good toward a new 2010 or 2011 MAZDA3, 2010 MAZDA6, CX-7 or CX-9. Excludes MAZDASPEED3. The Mazda Owner Loyalty Cash Program CANNOT be combined with other private offers but CAN be combined with other public purchase incentives including but not limited to customer cash back, lease and APR incentives/offers. The offer is transferable within household, must live at the same address. Present dealer with proof of ownership (copy of vehicle registration or title) at time of purchase. Offer expires 01/03/2011.
  • tad44tad44 Member Posts: 2
    2010 AWD sport w/ roof rails, wheel lock and heated seat.
    price $25275, which is $4500 ($3000 + $1500 incentive) below invoice.
    found it on ZAG/Amex.
    edited January 2011
    2010 CX-9 TOURING AWD BLACK ON BLACK, PRE-OWNED 23,400 MILES. PAID $24,000 + tax/fees on 12/31/10, ZAG/USAA, NJ.

Out of pocket cost was $19,557, meaning, $18,000 + $1,260 taxes + $199 doc fee + $98 reg/title fees + $6,000 trade-in value for my 2000 Lexus ES300 sedan, with 92,377 miles.

While I was at the dealer negotiating for the car, I had a 2nd dealer trying to get me a NEW 2010 CX-9 TOURING AWD from a 3rd dealer for $27,020 (same color; mats and wheel locks only options). The new one did not come through in time. Really wanted to hold out, but there were too many risks; getting the CX-9 from the 3rd dealer before the incentives expire on Monday, trade-in not negotiated, etc.
  • hortmihortmi Member Posts: 1
    Dealers here in Atlanta are offering $5000.00 off msrp on the 2010s left over.
    I leased a loaded 2011 because the lease was better on a 2011.
    $514.00 otd 0 down for 42 months.
    Thanks! I wanted a blk/blk AWD touring and here in NJ AWD and black are very popular. I think I at least got a good deal on what I bought. A new one for $27K would have been better but my deal is done so I am just going to be happy with what I have, and $19K out of pocket isn't bad!

Happy New Year!
  • lukes6lukes6 Member Posts: 35
    Just wanted post a price I got for a 2010 CX9 GT AWD w/BoseMoonroof/Nav/Powerlift/Roof racks on 12/24/10.

MSRP - 39565
    Dealer Price - 31950 with 500 loyalty, 250 special Mazda holiday cash email I received, No 0 percent financing.

I was happy with price and their dealer fee was 599 plus TTL (not included in dealer price) but wouldn't give me a value even close to blue book. My trade is good to excellent with below average miles. I walked. My advice is to try and sell your vehicle if it is in great condition with all maintenance/repair receipts. Will give you more cash to make the deal. Wanted to try and make a buy and wasn't looking to get total blue book value. We were 700 apart in our final numbers which was OTD price. 27000 vs 27700.
  • sjcrockettsjcrockett Member Posts: 2
    Interesting. Just moved from ATL to Tallahassee and not sure that the dealer here is as aggressive to sell. Couple of question if that's ok:

Does $515/mos. include taxes? Was that a hard negotiation? Can you share your residual? Basically trying to get a similar deal here. Thanks!
  • sammytorchsammytorch Member Posts: 6
    Wow chipachip, you did great! I just got a 2011 blue GT (MR/Nav/PG) for $500 under invoice and I was pretty stoked to get that price. MSRP was 39.9, invoice was 36.6 and I got 36.1 before handling and taxes. My first new car buying experience and before I read this site I was having no fun at all, the sales folks were pointing me to the sticker price to negotiate and I just did not want to spend that much. Then I read this site and looked at the true car report and the sticker price never came up again. Thanks everyone. Car is for my wife and she is one happy camper. That blue GT with the clear markers and the silver accents is beautiful + the wicked nice interior, if I didn’t know better I would think this was a 50K car and it is a lot of fun to drive. I think we all did pretty good.
    Excellent choice and great price! Best of Luck!

Regards,
    OW
  • kifaro2kifaro2 Member Posts: 2
    No extra packages as I am doing aftermarket nav/sirius.

Montgomery Mazda, Charlotte, NC

Pretty lame that they don't include the retractable cargo cover on this.

Took my trade, 12,175 OTD

Used the $3000 to not finance and pay cash.
  • matt1104matt1104 Member Posts: 3
    I test drove a 2010 GT Cx-9 today, MSRP of 39.5k, they were asking about 34k. I told them I wasn't going to buy today no matter what, but just sat down briefly to discuss financing. They told me that the 34k price did not include 0 percent financing and that if I wanted 0 percent financing the price would go up 3k. Is this correct?
    The $3000 mfg to dealer incentive is unadvertised, but yes I believe you are correct. You can take the $750 cash back with the 0% financing, but not together with the $3000. There is an additional $500 loyalty cashback if you already own a Mazda. See here:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayRegionalIncentives.action

Edmunds has a chart showing the $3000 mfg to dealer incentive you will not find this on Mazda's website.

http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/cx-9/2010/incentives-model.html?car-incentives.html- -

BTW where do you live? In NJ I got an offer from a dealer for a 2010 GT w/nav/Bose for $28,020.
    Take a look at my post (3161). I was trying to work a cash deal on a 2010 GT AWD with the same MSRP. Here are your two options for January as I understand them for a 2010 CX9 purchase:

0/60 financing plus 750 cash or

3000 off if you bring your own financing or cash deal.

I would think that you could get the CX9 you're looking at for around 33000 if you choose the 0/60 including the 750 cash back towards that target price. 34000 is still a little high for a year old 2010 model in my opion and from my dealings in the last two months. If you are serious on getting this, make them an offer at 32000 and try to work towards 33000.

If you are a current Mazda owner you would also qualify for the 500 loyalty which would bring to 32500.
    In NJ I got an offer from a dealer for a 2010 GT w/nav/Bose for $28,020.
    Do you recall the MSRP?

Was that with loyalty and/or trade? If not,
    that's one hell of a price! They would have been taking a beating on that one. You should have grabbed that deal.
  • kifaro2kifaro2 Member Posts: 2
    Mistake I paid 27,900.
    I'm in the DC area.
  • enefinenefin Member Posts: 7
    I agree that it is quite a price - loyalty or not. After searching the Bay area for a great deal on a GT AWD for almost a month - especially after one of the poster's claim of a 30,500 price on one with MSRP of 39.4 K - I have come to the conclusion that getting more than $7000 off a GT with options can only happen on vehicles with some significant miles on them. So I pulled the trigger on a 2010 Touring AWD with no options for 27 K cash (MSRP 33 K) before TTL. My hats off to people who can manage better deals because dealers here just don't seem that hungry even with CX-9s that have been sitting on their lots for months.
    You got a nice price on the touring. The MSRP on the GT that I was offered was close to $40K it was loaded. Don't remember exactly.
    edited January 2011
    The dealers in this area that I've encountered so far don't seem to be quite as eager to slash prices as some of the other dealers out there as per this forum. I've sent an email to 7 or 8 dealers in the area and visited one. None of them seem to want to go as low as 33k with 0 APR. Many of them will go down to 33k but the second you mention to 0 APR they start balking. I'm curious to know if anyone went with the 0 % APR how low of a price were you able to negotiate?
    I received 2 prices:$3,000 additional for the 0% APR.

I will stand firm and submit this is deceptive. There is no "0%" if there are 2 prices.

Period, the end.

Regards,
    OW
    I will stand firm and submit this is deceptive. There is no "0%" if there are 2 prices.

Then I guess you think every manufacturer is deceptive when they offer a special finance rate OR a cash incentive.

You get a choice on what you want to do. Intelligent shoppers will do the math and see which incentive makes the car cheaper for them. I would assume most of us have basic math skills to figure that out.

Bottom line, there is no deception. Opinions are not to be misconstrued as facts.
    No, a finance rate of 3.9% on the cash price is the reality.

Spin it anyway you like. 0% on a second price is deceptive advertising...all mfgrs. included. ;)

Regards,
    OW
    Matt1104

I looked back at what I replied and think I gave you some really low numbers to shoot for considering you wanted the 0/60 financing. My brain was still stuck in cash deal thinking. Would estimate from my experience, in my state, that you should be able to get around 1250 off invoice, taking the 0/60 option. That would include the 750 cash you would get for the 0/60 option. If you qualify for the 500 Mazda loyalty add that to the 1250. I know....doesn't feel like such a great deal.

The sales manager at my local dealer did mention that dealers have less wiggle room since Mazda cut their tier incentives to use for advertising back in November. The only real things they have to make the deal are incentives, dealer holdback, dealer fees, and any trade that you might have.

Sorry for giving you crap numbers earlier. Hope this helps.
  • pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    I was wondering what price where people getting in the Philly area for a CX 9 AWD?

Thanks
  • sellstar1sellstar1 Member Posts: 19
    My wife and I have owned a 2007 GT for about 3.5 years, driven it 90K trouble free miles and decided we might as well take advantage of year end pricing to gain another one. Purchased at Jim Ellis Mazda in Marietta where we bought the first one. $36750 list, $30,000 plus Tax purchase price. Did not get their 0% financing.

I must say as much as we enjoyed the 07 the 10 really seems to have some nice "refinements." The audio head unit with screen is a nice touch.... white dial needles on the dash (instead of orange), digital controls on the rear h/ac controls, slight refinements in the interior of the CX9 have all made for a very satisfying first two weeks of ownership.

Interesting that we bought the '10 for about $2K less than the '07, but we have more on it... backup camera, power rear lift gate, Sirius radio and more. The best option we purchased on the '07 was the remote start. On a cold morning or hot, sunny afternoon having the ability to warm/cool the car before entry is wonderful. Required that on the purchase of our new one as well. The blind spot indicator has turned out to be quite useful as well.

My wife, when I asked her about buying a new one, said that would be great. I want one just like this one.... blue with sand interior. So, that's what we have again. Neighbors still don't know we bought a new vehicle!
  • patwhitepatwhite Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

any rates on the 2011 CX-9 Touring in the Raleigh, NC area? Found one with an MSRP of $31,850 that I'm going to look at tonight. Wanting to do a 36 month, 12k mile lease. Is anyone doing 0 down?

I'm currently in a lease on an 08 Honda Pilot with two payments left. Honda dealer said I have a little equity in that...payoff is $17200 and they would give me $18500 and use that little bit to a new Pilot but wasn't that impressed with their offer.

Thanks!
    I received a price for 33,300 on a 2010 GT AWD with moonroof, remote starter, roof rails with 0% for 60 months excluding T&T. Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • voltronvoltron Member Posts: 3
    Maybe if it was a 2011, 2010, it's fair.
    Does it come with monitors on the head rest.
    I think you could squeezed them for another.
    $1000. If you know your credit is awesome.
    Tell them you want it for 32k, walk and tell them to call
    you if they accept your offer. If they think your crazy,
    tell them free oil changes for the lifespand of the
    vehicle, tire rotations, and squeeze a roof rack if it's not equiped.
    Always be relaxed, never anxious, if you get
    the car or if you don't you really don't care.
  • jlamottajlamotta Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    I recently bought a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with Navigation, moonroof/Bose, power liftgate and roof rails for $31998 + tax & license. Purchased in San Francisco Bay Area last week. Price includes $3000 dealer incentive and $500 San Jose Auto show customer rebate. MSRP $39,565, Invoice $36,549. Financed on my own at 2.7%. Did I do alright?
    No monitors on the head rest. Yeh, I feel that the quote is still high for 10. I think I will pass. Thanks voltron.
    Pf2001-

The Invoice on this vehicle is 35404. Since you're wanting to take advantage of the 0/60 financing, I don't think 33300 is all that bad. Other than the 0/60 financing, you would only qualify for the 750 cash back from the manufacturer. If you're a current Mazda owner you can qualify for the additional 500 loyalty. Looks like the dealer is offering 2100 below invoice and almost 5000 off MSRP. From my experience here in FL, that's about as good as it gets when you take their 0/60 financing. If you bring your own financing, the should be able to knock off another 2500-3000. Good luck!
    Hi Lukes6,

Well, the 750 deduction was already included. I think they could have went down farther.

I went with the 11 GT AWD with moonroof, powergate, mud guards and remote starter for 34,000 with .9/60.
    Nice! I came to the same conclusion. The 2010's weren't discounted to the point were I felt good about the price verses taking a hit on a new vehicle that was a year old. Plus I really could fine one with everything I wanted. I was also trying to do a trade in with the deal but they really didn't want to give me much for. I decided to drive the wides SUV a little longer and sell myself. Will work on finding a 2011 CX9 I like with the options I 'm looking for later. Enjoy your CX9! The 3.7/6 speed trans is a nice trouble free combo. I have the same in my 09 Mazda6 and it scoots.
    Thanks lukes6. This is my first Mazda. I heard nothing but good things about this vehicle and glad that the Mazda tranny is better than others...
  • dc2011dc2011 Member Posts: 6
    I have a quote of 33,830 (excl. T&T) for a 2010 GT AWD with moonroof, navigation, power liftgate. Is this a good deal? I am in the DC area.
  • agbiggsagbiggs Member Posts: 19
    I recently bought in N. Virgina and paid a bit more than that (and thought I got a good deal), although I also had the Bose audio. What's the MSRP for the car you're looking at?
  • dc2011dc2011 Member Posts: 6
    MSRP is 39,365.
    The spec is GT AWD, Bose, Moonroof, Navi, liftgate. I'm looking in Montgomery County, MD
  • sufia315sufia315 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    My husband and I were looking to buy a new 2010 Mazda CX9 sport that we went to see at the dealer. We test drove the car and liked it but the breaks made a funny noise which he said was because it hasnt been driven in a while but that after 10 or so miles it should be fine. Is this true? About the price:He began to tell us that because it is a left over from last year's inventory that he was willing to give it to us at his "invoice price" which was according to his "print sheet" $28,000 OTD with 0% financing. This didnt sound right to me at all because my sister bought the EXACT, color and all, same 2010 CX9 at 0% on a deal for $28,000 OTD one year ago in the first week of february. Also, the tax in my state is half the amount of hers so i really knew he wasnt being honest. I felt something was wrong and explained to him why and he said hmm thats odd i dont know why the dealer would give the bottom price at the beginning of the year. He said if i was to pay up front that I could knock off another $3000. Making the offer about 26,100 OTD. He was stuck on his price until of course I thanked him for his time and said i would like to think it over upon when the the boss came over and said he would be able to knock off another $400, making the new OTD price 25,700 up front. He said this was the last he was able to let it go for even though its left over inventory because he was technically "losing" money even at this last price. I just don't believe that, was he just trying to make us feel bad? I mean I understand that the dealer has to make money as well but this is our first car buy and we really need the help. How fair is this deal? We just don't want to be duped. I'd appreciate any help/advice/opinion! Thank you!
    Sufia315-

Yes, new cars that sit on car lots for weeks or months usually build up some surface rust on the brake rotors which can cause some noise when driven. Usually will go away within a few miles of driving and braking.

As far as purchasing a 2010 CX9 Sport - go to www.kbb.com or truecar.com and look up a 2010 CX9 Sport and add the options on the vehicle you're looking at. This will give you the MSRP, Invoice, and what others are paying in your area prices so that you can verify what the dealer told you the invoice price is. Print these out so you have proof when you go to the dealer.

If you want to take advantage of Mazda's 0%/60 mos financing on a 2010 CX9, you can probably shoot for $1000 to $1250 below Invoice. Don't know if the dealer told you , but Mazda is offering $750 cash back on 2010 CX9 models. I considered that in the $1000 to $1250 below Invoice that I mentioned.

If you bring your own financing or pay cash, shoot for $4000 to $4250 below Invoice. This would include the Manufacturer to dealer incentive of $3000 (if you don't take the 0%/60 Mazda option) plus $750 cash back to customer.

Keep in mind, this is a year old 2010 model. Don't let them make you feel too bad. They do want to move this year old model. Good luck!
    See what the fake 0% pricing does to sales? Deceptive means wary customer.

Regards,
    OW
    See what the fake 0% pricing does to sales? Deceptive means wary customer.

It seems Mazda had their best month EVER last month selling CX-9's and finished up almost 25% YoY. Yeah, this so-called "deception" has really deterred people from buying the CX-9.

People come here for advise and help and spreading lies based on nothing but personal opinions helps no one.

Get real...