Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• raksgalraksgal Member Posts: 18
    can you let me know your deal and the dealer name ?

I am from DFW area also.

Appreciate your input. Thanks
  • kubutekkubutek Member Posts: 15
    Hi everyone. I am getting ready to byu cx9 in the near future. Started my research so far. This forum is great! I would like to find out how amex zag works. Are there any special conditions to be met? Will dealer respect the price quoted online by amex? Can you still bargain with them? Also will the amex price work with financing? The price i see on amex is about 4k lower than msrp on the car I am interested in. Please advise. Thanks a lot and lets keep a good work of sharing the news!!
  • novice_kpnovice_kp Member Posts: 6
    I found the Mazda CX-9 with the color & configuration that I am looking for. However, dealer is located at 200+ miles. What if, I buy the car from that remote dealer and after few days I find some problems? Where should I go? to the same dealer or any local dealer can help as well? Any suggestions would help make up my mind.

Thank you!
  • joeforjobjoeforjob Member Posts: 37
    Hi,

For my experience, any Mazda dealer will fix any problem under warranty because Mazda will pay the dealer money for any repair of your new car.
  • buckle1buckle1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi - I'm in Atlanta as well and about to buy the GT myself. Did you make your purchase yet? If so, tell us about it. I'm heading to the dealer in the morning to see what they have to say. Looks like I should look for at least $4000 off or so. I'm paying cash, so I do not want the finance deal.

Thanks
  • kubutekkubutek Member Posts: 15
    As i look at the forum if you pay cash you could look at even 6 k discount. Others with experience, please correct if I am wrong.
  • manduanyymanduanyy Member Posts: 3
    2010 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD with MOONROOF/BOSE and NAVIGATION SYSTEM, List price is $ 39,485, Dealer quot is $32,655 + TTL. It is the first to buy a new car, do you think it is a good deal?

Thanks
  • buckle1buckle1 Member Posts: 5
    Does the quote include destination and DOC fee? Some dealers are quoting lower prices because they are not including the above mentioned. These fees can add $1000++ to the price.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    It's OK if you understand the depreciation as it IS last year's model.
  • gabswissgabswiss Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Just bought a 2011 Black GT. Options are: Moonroof Bose Audio package,Towing prep,Navigation system and power lift gate (MSRP $38360).

I think I did ok especially since I traded-in my 2007 CX-7.

After all fees/taxes/registration etc.. the real cost of the car end up to be around $36500.

But with the trade-in (they gave me what I was wanted for it even though car had rear bumper damage and 1 small accident reported in carfax) I ended up paying $34500 ($32000 financed with Mazda at 0% interest)

So overall I'm pretty happy. Loain is going to cost me $80 more a month than what I was paying for the CX-7 but it is a 5 years loan (instead of 6 with the cx-7) :shades:

BTW this car is amazing!
  • pcannonpcannon Member Posts: 7
    I pulled the trigger!

$36,595.00 MSRP GT 2011 moonroof/auto lift gate/reaerview camera
    $35,300.00 out the door with 0% financing over 60mos.

The dealer offered me $34,800.00 with no 0% or pay $500.00 extra for 0%. So i took the 0% and paid $35,300.00

I looked all over Atlanta and this was the best deal.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    pcannon,

Which dealer did you purchase the new CX-9?
    Did you get the disount and 0% interest?
    How do you like it?
    Thanks!
    Jim Ellis

Yes discount and 0% out the door for $35,300.00 on MSRP of $36,595.00.
    Dealer is quoting me about $32K (invoice price) for CX-9 FWD Touring with Moonroof/Bose & Power Liftgate and possibly 0% APR. This is in bay area California. Is this a good deal?

Thank you!
    Yes it is a good deal.

What is an invoice? Everyone seems to put a lot of stock in quoting invoices. The invoices are meaningless. I mean really, are you going to believe a dealer when he shows you a piece of paper that he made and tells you this is how much the car costs them. There are many other variables that go into the cost/profit of a car for a dealership otherwise no matter what dealership you go to the car would sell for the same price.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    That's true that dealer cost can be over/under the invoice price. But, you don't have to depend on the dealer to quote invoice. You can look up the invoice price right here on Edmunds.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dogdoc1997dogdoc1997 Member Posts: 32
    I just bought last month a 100K 10 year from MAZDA for $1865 I think it was , it is the Mazda plan , NOT an after market; it was MUCh less than the after market the dealer wsas trying to sell me. dogoc
  • dogdoc1997dogdoc1997 Member Posts: 32
    I bought from Mobile Alabama, and I am in ATlanta, we were a $1000 apart so it wasclose BUT I got the color my wife wanted and used the savings to truck it here, my price ws great BUt they had a $6500 off in January incentive, but I really LIKED the guy in Mobile; I can metion it here if we are allowed to do so? dogdoc
    Thank you all! In my case, dealer quoted invoice price is same as Edmunds.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    PCannon,

Are you happy with the purchase?
    Is the Nav/Radio HDD where you store music?

Thanks
  • jschwajschwa Member Posts: 11
    pcannon - is your "out the door" price before tax/title/registration?

If not, what was the price before those fees?

I have a dealer quoting me $200 below invoice including Mazda 0% financing for a 2011 GT AWD ($33K) before TTL, and am trying to figure out if that is a good deal in NYC.

Thanks!
  • hello_manhello_man Member Posts: 3
    Got a pretty sweet deal. Paid roughly $35K including everything ($31900 - $250 Mazda private cash + tax ($3200) + documentation/registrationfee ($360)).
    The MSRP was roughly $36200

I am in seattle WA area. I think its a good price, any comments?
  • newowner2011newowner2011 Member Posts: 1
    We bought a 2011 TOURING in dolphin gray. We live in CT. Paid 32,426 out the door.no options.the only issues we had were that the dealer did not service the windshield washer resivour with washer fluid and the tires were inflated to 55 PSI. took delivery 3.30.2011
  • rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91
    I'm looking to get either a Sport or Touring AWD. From reading the posts it seems like the 2011 models are going for about invoice($3000 off). I noticed that the 2010's have a manufacturer to dealer incentive of $3500. Are the 2010's really going for $3,500 below invoice($6500 off MSRP)? I am in NJ if that matters.
    I have negotiated a price of $34,400 + TTL for the GT AWD + Moonroof/Bose/Liftgate. Is this a good price? Seems reasonably good given online comparisons, but people on this board seem to be getting much better deals.

This includes the 0%/60 month financing.

Thanks!
  • parkrode360parkrode360 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone gotten the Edmunds invoice price for any of the dealer installed options? I have a gread price on the car pending, but incidentals like roof racks and tow hitches are running between 100 and 200 over list for installation. Is this to be expected? It seems like in order to match the Edmunds invoice on dealer options, i have to install them msyelf.
    That seems pretty good. What is the invoice and MSRP? What dealer?
    MSRP was $37,985 and Invoice was $35,491.
  • 6thstreet6thstreet Member Posts: 10
    When did they pull the 0%/60 month financing on 2010 CX-9s? I negotiated a great deal on a leftover today only to find out they no longer offer it. I swore it was still up there a couple days ago. Anyone know the story?
  • lukes6lukes6 Member Posts: 35
    The 0/60 financing on the 2010 CX9's expired March 31st. You might be getting a better price since the dealers don't have that to offer towards a deal. What was the MSRP and the price they quoted you?
  • 6thstreet6thstreet Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2011
    Ok, thanks.

MSRP was 37,985 and final negotiated offer was 30,500+TTL. Knowing there's no financing, I may try to get more aggressive on the pricing.

But it seems like with the pricing on the 2011s combined with the 0%/60, it doesn't make sense to deal with the extra years' depreciation anymore. They'll need to kick up the dealer engagement to push out the last of the 2010s.
  • wufpack1wufpack1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Working on a '11 CX-9 deal and the saleperson just told me there would be a $500 fee for using the 0% financing incentive. He said it is imposed by Mazda, is the same for all dealers, and he just didn't want me to be surprised in the finance office. Obviously I think this is a scam and they're just trying to add some profit in the deal. Never have I paid a fee of this sort.

But as a sanity check, anybody else run into this or heard of it? Any feedback is much appreciated.
    There is no fee. I do think there is a $500 incentive from Mazda to the dealers that they can't use if you take the financing offer. Most dealers I spoke to indicated that the price would be $500 higher if I took the financing offer.
    Not bad getting them $7500 off MSRP but I agree with you that it's not worth getting hit with the depreciation for a year old vehicle. I negotiated $7300 off MSRP back in December on a 2010 which inluded $500 Mazda loyalty without 0/60. I didn't close the deal because it wasn't worth it to me for something that was going to be a year old in a few weeks. I was shooting for $8000 off MSRP.

I think you can do almost as well on a 2011 if you looking for the 0/60 and not taking a hit on the depreciation. I would also balk at the $500 fee they want to add that you mention in another post. Sounds like they're trying to make a little more on the deal. Good luck with your negotiations! The 2011 GT looks sharper too with those wheels.
    Isn't that the same thing though? What difference does it make if they charge you an extra $500 on the price or the "financing fee"?
    So are most people paying about $3000 below MSRP(or invoice) with 0% financing and $500 less than that if no 0% financing? This would be on the 2011's.
    A dealer here in Orlando, FL is advertising 2011 AWD GTs with a MSRP of $40,325 and sale price of $34931. Not sure if it is with or without 0/60, but that is $5400 below MSRP. Not a bad number to begin negotiations at.
    Wow. That's like $2400 below invoice. Even with the $500 incentive and 2% holdback that is low. I don't see how that is possible. I've never seen anyone on these forums get a deal like that especially in NJ area.
    Take a look back starting in Oct 2010 in this forum. A number of people have made some great deals, especially if you don't take the 0/60. The dealer is Cory Fairbanks Mazda in Orlando. Checkout their website. There may be surprises in the deal but one would have to contact them to see.
    I was looking at the more recent deals especially in the NJ area and with the 0/60 financing.
    If I were you, I would find the dealer with the largest CX9 inventory in NJ and try there first in person, phone, or Internet. Smaller dealers make their money per vehicle and larger dealers on the number of units sold.
    Thanks. I like to use Edmunds, CarsDirect,... quote requests to multiple dealers. This way I deal direct with the internet dept and can do everything by email. I get quotes from multiple dealers and then ask the dealer I want to buy the car from to beat my lowest price. Hopefully someone in the NJ area will post their soon. I would like to buy before the 5/2 end of 0/60 financing.
    That's a good plan. Post back with how things workout.
    There isn't any difference other than how honestly the dealer presents it. The honest ones just tell you upfront that they can lower the price by $500 without the financing incentive. The dishonest ones call it a "$500 financing fee" that they stick on at the end.
    Thanks. That's what I thought.
  • tuvutuvu Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have been doing lots of reading on this forum, great info. With all the research decided to go with 2011 CX-9 Touring FWD liquid silver. OTD price was $27 800 with 0% financing- I believe it was good deal, any input?
    The dealer talked me into extended warranty, and I am having mixed feelings about keeping it. It is 7 years/75K, $100 deductible per visit, Advantage Preferred from Protective Insurance for $1400. The dealer added lifetime oil change to sweeten the deal. Good price, or waste of money on after-market warranty? Anybody had experience with them? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • rhodycx9rhodycx9 Member Posts: 3
    Thought I would pass this along since this board has been helpful to me in the past. Just took delivery of a leftover New 2010 CX9 GT with Nav, Liftgate, and Bose/Moonroof and some other dealer installed stuff. Sticker was $39,500. Dealer discounted to $33,175 plus I got a $3000 rebate from Mazda for 2010's. So final was $30,175 not including TTL.

I keep my cars for 5 or 6 years and figured that since the 2010 and 2011 were almost the same except for the wheel style it was worth the 25% disc. Took a little haggling to get there but I think it's a good deal. Not sure if there are any more '10 out there but worth checking the Mazda Manuf. website.
  • pina63pina63 Member Posts: 8
    Sounds like a good price depends on the options. Was it a demo? I was offered 28K for same but not sure if it had liftgate. It was a demo not sure how many miles on it sine I had already bought a cx-9 when the demo was offered to me.

What state are you in?
    Wow. How is that possible. Invoice is about $36,500 - the $3500 Manufacturer discount for 2010's = $33,000. So you got it for about $3,000 below invoice. Nice. Which dealer was it?
  • wufpack1wufpack1 Member Posts: 2
    Agreed. Many thanks for the feedback everyone!