Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lanemckennalanemckenna Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    As a data point, I purchased a similar GT AWD with towing package for 35K in MA. (inclusive of all rebates, TT extra). In my opinion, take the lower price package without the NAV as it is not worth the extra 1,600.
  • bhw77bhw77 Member Posts: 101
    Quirk Mazda. Quincy.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    Read the thread about the navigation system. Don't pay for it.
  • ramrodatlramrodatl Member Posts: 2
    Got an offer on a 2011, Crystal White Pearl Mica Grand Touring with NAV, DVD Entertainment System, Towing Prep Package, Power Liftgate, Roof Rails, Remote Start Engine and Sirius Sat Radio for $35,802 (before TTT).

I can do better than this, right? Please help! Must get a car in the next 4-5 days.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    Do your research using Edmunds.
  • banditboybanditboy Member Posts: 54
    I am seeing a few 2009 AWD / around 30k miles for 24,000 . My lease is ending so no tradein but this seems to the range.

Is this even good?. 08/09 did they have any major issue.
  • cachacacachaca Member Posts: 1
    CX-9 Touring with Moonroof/Bose, power liftgate, roof rack, crystal white, MSRP $36561

Final price: $31500 + TTL + tax. However I had a $10000 trade in (2005 Jeep Liberty Limited about 40k miles). The price I got for the trade-in is somewhere between the KBB and edmunds pricing. I am not sure whether it is reasonable, maybe the dealer will make more money from the trade-in than the new car they sold to me.
  • ramrodatlramrodatl Member Posts: 2
    Got a 2011 Mica White Pearl GT FWD with NAV, Sunroof, Dealer Installed Dual DVD-in headrest, Cargo Net, All Weather Mats, Roof Rack, Bose surround sound, Power Liftgate, Towing package, etc for $35k with 0% financing and 90 days no payments. Its the best deal I've seen (esp in light of the throw in on the DVD). Thoughts?
  • urasports1urasports1 Member Posts: 1
    Titling in PA. Can I do better than this? This is the best of 5 area dealerships thus far.

Touring AWD
    Moonroof/Bose/Liftgate
    $33,491
    first month payment down
    $486 a month for 36 months
    15,000 miles a year including taxes and tags.
  • jay192jay192 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for our details.. I bought mazda CX9 Touring with the same config as yours for the price 31700+795Delivery+Doc+tax. final price around 35500 in East Brunswick, NJ.
  • marcnjmarcnj Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2011
    It is saying that there is $500 bonus cash, $500 lender cash and $1000 Dealer cash available. Was wondering if we are entitled to the $1000 dealer cash as well? link: http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/cx-9/2011/car-incentives.html?style=101366198
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    The $500 Bonus Cash is available on all purchases and leases.
    The $500 Lender/Mazda APR Cash is available when you finance through Mazda's captive lender.
    The 0.0% for 60mos or 2.9% for 72mos APR financing is used in conjunction with the $500 Lender/Mazda APR cash.
    The $1000 Dealer Cash (Marketing Support) can only be used with "standard" Mazda Capital Services or non-Mazda Capital Services leasing or retail purchases.

So- you can use $500 Bonus, $500 Lender & get 0.0/2.9% APR but you must qualify for and finance with the captive lender.

OR- you can use $500 Bonus and $1000 Dealer Cash if you don't qualify for the APR deal.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • marcnjmarcnj Member Posts: 8
    Ok Thanks. So using the 0% for 60, I can expect $1000 under invoice? Or can I do better than invoice before the $1000 rebate?
  • sanguosanguo Member Posts: 1
    get an offer on CX-9 Turing with Moonroof and Bose Audio package, with Multiple Information MID and 6-Disc CD, $34800 in new york state. Can I get any thing better?
  • henry12345henry12345 Member Posts: 2
    Bought 2011CX-9 TR + Moon roof + Bose + sirius +power lift gate + roof rail...
    out of the door cost 31850 after all incentives
  • bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Where did you get that? Have a 2008 MDX that I hate that we bought when we traded in MPV. Wife insisted on MDX but now might be time to go back to Mazda.
  • henry12345henry12345 Member Posts: 2
    it's a AWD, dealer in OR.
  • tarheel2015tarheel2015 Member Posts: 3
    urasports, you may want ot check my earlier post of Aug 22. I paid $31,200 (which included shipping etc) with only an additional cost of a $200 Doc fee for a 2011 AWD Touring w/ Moon roof, Bose, power lift in Suitland MD. I can give you more details if you are interestred. Good luck
  • ukrishnanukrishnan Member Posts: 6
    got this on Sept 30th:

$31250 plus plus tax and tags.

0% APR

Russel Mazda Ellicott City MD;
  • mazda9mazda9 Member Posts: 1
    I see purchase prices around ~ $31200 for the 2011 Touring AWD with moonroof, bose and power liftgate. What's a good price for the 2011 Touring AWD with leather seating only? (MSRP $33,240)
    the invoice price for moonroof,bose and powerlift gate should be around 2k; so i am thinking if you can get yours for 29k that should be fair;
  • exchangeuserexchangeuser Member Posts: 2
    Is that AWD?

I got an offer on 2011 CX9 FWD Touring + MoonRoof + powerlift + 4.3 MID + Bose Audio in Illinois for 36200 (Includes everything). I am not doing any tradein's

I think i can take atleast 1000 down...pls suggest????

Thanks in advance!
  • exchangeuserexchangeuser Member Posts: 2
    I got an offer on 2011 CX9 FWD Touring + MoonRoof + powerlift + 4.3 MID + Bose Audio in Illinois for 36200 (Includes everything). I am not doing any tradein's

I think i can take atleast 1000 down...pls suggest????

Thanks in advance!
    Exchangeuser: Like i mentioned i got a 2011 cx9 AWD touring with moonroof,powerlift, 4.3MID, bose audio for 31250 plus900 dollar tax( after my trade in) 200 dollar processing fee plus 200 dollar tags; if you dont have a trade in you should have about 2000 dollars in tax so your total out of the door should be $33650 for one with AWD. Anything you pay over 34k is a ripoff and that too for Front wheel drive. just my thoughts;
  • jph1326jph1326 Member Posts: 1
    Tried to get a 2011 CX9 Sport AWD in NC. They said there were only two in the region in color I didnt care for. Sent emails to all the dealers around DC, Baltimore, and Philly that showed 2011 CX9 Sport AWD in stock.

Accepted offer of $26,948 + tax 3% ($808.44)+ tag fees ($114.75)= $27,871.19 OTD

They were upfront, they dont charge doc fees or admin fees, and they include freight. Alot of email offers assumed 500 loyalty, didnt include freight/shipping charges, and were overall shady.

I think I got a great deal. Only options are heated/power front seats.
  • sandbox5sandbox5 Member Posts: 21
    JPH,

I am also in NC and interested in an AWD. Can I ask where you got that deal? I assume the 3% was the NC Sakes tax?

Thx
  • dandy7dandy7 Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to get a touring AWD with Moonroof+bose+power lifgate for $32,999 +9.8% tax+tag+licensefee

Can someone claim this to be a good deal or is it a Rip off?

Please let me know as I have to finalize in a day or two. I am buying in Wahington state and the destination charge itself is $800.
  • mommy2taylormommy2taylor Member Posts: 2
    Just for clarity this was zero percent right?
  • norton56norton56 Member Posts: 6
    We just got our Dolphin grey cx9 with power lift gate and bose package for 31500 out the door.

29157 for the car. I am pretty happy with this and they agreed to that price pretty easily. We are LOVING this car so far!
  • freestreamfreestream Member Posts: 2
    We are to buy a 2011 CX-9 touring AWD with Moonroof + powerlift gate package on Monday for $29,500 + tax + registration fees (all incentives and $500 loyalty rebate included). Cash purchase.
  • kem0241kem0241 Member Posts: 3
    Trying to decide if this is a good deal:

2011 GT FWD w/ moonroof + power liftgate - demo vehicle with 14,000 miles - $31,000 OTD price

Thoughts appreciated!
    I paid in cash. I got the below for $36,000 OTD

2012 Touring AWD +Moonroof bose powerliftgate. + roof rails+allwhether mats.

Car price $32,500 +TTL. Did I get robbed?
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    That's not a demo. That's a used car. Mazda does not permit a car to be sold as a "demo" if it has over 5,000 miles on it.

What is the sale price before tax, reg and fees?
  • elmikimbinelmikimbin Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2011 CX-9 Sport in cosmic blue with power/heated front seats; paid $28,700 OTD WITH the 60 mos. 0% financing. Total price including tax, title and tag.

I even splurged for the extended warranty for $1,380 but with he 0% I figured what the heck. It's the first time I've ever bought an extended warranty on a car but now we have 6 years bumper to bumper.
  • freestreamfreestream Member Posts: 2
    That may be a fair price for 2012 model. 2011 model has $2500 dealer incentive.
  • neraluneralu Member Posts: 1
    Hi Dandy,

Did you close your deal? where did you pick it from? I am looking for a similar config and it would be great help if you can share the sale info.

Thanks
    Raghu
    Hi Raghu,

Yes I closed the deal last Friday and am enjoying the great CX-9. I love teh car. I got it from University Mazda in North Seattle. Ask for the salesperson named Frank. Very courteous and no games.
    Altough $32500 is a Great price according to KBB, Below price then Fair purchase price as shown on Edmunds and True car.com, I think you should try to Get it down to $32,000 + OTD. Quote 31,900.
    All teh best with your purchase and let me know what price you get. Thx.
    Sandeep
  • aptomaptom Member Posts: 6
    CX-9 GT AWD, Nav, RES, roof rails: $35,050 before taxes and plates. Incentive at the time was $2,000, which has since risen.
  • 9kfever9kfever Member Posts: 5
    Lots of great info here!

I am going to be starting negotiations between a few dealer today. I am looking at 2011 GT AWD with Nav and Bose.

Can someone please eLaborate on the current dealer incentives?

What should I be shooting for as far as OTD pricing?

I live in Southern California if that makes a difference.
  • kem0241kem0241 Member Posts: 3
    You're absolutely right and I should have said - they are selling it as a certified pre-owned. It's only ever been titled to Mazda though. Sale price (I can't remember exactly, as I wanted OTD prices) is about $29,400. With tax/tag/fees, total is 31k.
  • vscwarriorvscwarrior Member Posts: 7
    Looking for the best price on a 2011 CX9 Touring with Bose, moonroof, backup cam and powerlift. Found a demo with few miles and paint defect that needs to be repaired prior to purchase. Is it possible to get this for $30,000 OTD in NE Ohio. I'm bringing a trade in valued kbb at $4,500 and going for $9,000 in my area. Planning to put $5,000 down, but need the 0% financing. Am I dreaming folks or is this deal possible with the dealer incentives through Nov. Help.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    FWD or AWD ????

Either way why would you want a used car when you can get a new, unspoiled one for nearly the same price, better warranty and not subject a quick, maybe crappy paint fix? Do you really want to spend that kind of money to start off with problems?

Find another stealership to deal with. You'll find PLENTY of unsold leftovers around.
    AWD. It is a new vehicle. Even as a demo with 5 miles on it.

Paint ripple looks minor in a space the size of a quarter and they have to repair it as it is a new vehicle purchase. I think being that it is a demo I could get it off the lot at that price. So still not a good deal?

Do you know if the 30,000 OTD with 0% 60 mos is possible on this model with the options I listed? Wondering if anyone else is getting a deal like this.
  • 9kfever9kfever Member Posts: 5
    2011 GT AWD, Bose/Moonroof, 6 disc with Display package, Power Liftgate, Rear View Camera, etc.

Planning to pick this car up Saturday.

MSRP: 37985
    INVOICE: 35059

Quote: 33599 (Less TTL) w/ 0% for 60 months

That's a good deal right?
  • pj2011pj2011 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    Been shopping around for a CX-9 Touring AWD with Bose/moonroof/power liftgate, most likely a 2012 due to what I've found in the area, and am seeing quotes around $32.5K including title/tags/doc/destination but before tax at the low end (MSRP is $36,362.00). This is in IL, and seems like a decent price compared to some other dealer quotes that were a bit higher and didn't answer all my questions, etc.

I've seen a few lists showing Mazda holdback to be anywhere between 1-2%, but does anyone know what % is most accurate, just to get an idea for a fair offer?

One thing all dealers mentioned, is that if I wanted to use Mazda's current 0% up to 60 month financing on the 2012, I have to add anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 to the cash price quote depending on the dealer. I'm guessing this might have to do with the factory to dealer incentive of $1,000 (?), but it seems like an odd thing to add for using the financing incentive. Has anyone else been told this to use the 0%? They said it would also apply for the 2011 model.

Anyway, if the invoice price for this car with options is $32,750 according to Edmunds, and subtracting the $1,000 factory to dealer incentive and possibly $727 (2%?) or so in holdback, the quote I received of around $32.5K including all fees and before taxes seems fair for both sides - any opinions on whether negotiating further would be unreasonable? Thanks for any info or opinions. Not sure if I should wait until the holidays and see if incentives are increased or there might be some better deals for the 2012 CX-9.
    Yes, I have heard same thing. Getting quotes for 30,800 plus TTT on 2011 touring AWD with Bose, powerlifting package.

Seems if you want the 0% you must tack on about $2,000.
    I think that is ridiculous. I'm in the process of shopping around for my own rate. If I can get close to that 0% on my own it would be better getting the lower price on the vehicle.

Side note. The guy quoted around $33,000 for the 2012 GT fully loaded OTD if I remember correctly is getting an excellent deal from what I've read and heard. I am looking for just as awesome a deal on one less snazzy. Didn't like the Nav on this car so could care less to pay $2,000 for it. Good luck.
  • jimm79jimm79 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2011 Touring AWD with options giving a MSRP of 36,800. The Mazda incentive is $2000 rebate, OR 0% financing for 60 months plus $500 rebate. Thus, if you choose the free financing, there is $1500 less in rebate money to apply to reduce the purchase price. I paid $32,400 with the 0%, and would have gotten the vehicle for $30,900 if I had paid cash or used alternative financing. Push hard on the 2011s; you will get them for at least $2000 less than the 2012s.
  • jimm79jimm79 Member Posts: 2
    pj2011. If you are in northern IL, try Liberty Mazda in Libertyville. They were the lowest of the 5-6 dealers I worked with on the internet (although I bought in Wisconsin as it turns out).
  • jchan66jchan66 Member Posts: 8
    Just wanting to share our trade-up on 10/28 with you guys.

Quoted $35488 cash or $36488 with 1.9% for a 2012 GT with moonroof/Bose, liftgate, navigation and roof rack, MSRP $40150, before $500 loyalty cash. Traded in our 2008 CX9 Touring for $21000. So, $35988 + fees and registration less $21000 OTD. This was not the best deal I've seen here but seemed to be reasonable for a 2012.

Didn't want the navigation; however, couldn't find any GT locally without it, a $1600 crap. Like the HID very much. The new Bose audio is boomy and lack of clarity compared to the old 2008. Had to drop 3 steps down in bass to make it acceptable; otherwise, gave us headache.

Too bad the promotion rate dropped to 0% starting this month 4 days after we picked up our new CX9.
  • bolidobolido Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Looking to buy a 2011 CX-9 this weekend. Got a quote for a 2011 Grand Touring with no options for $28500+TTL. Does that sounds like a good deal? MSRP is $33940