Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abroadusabroadus Member Posts: 1
    This may not be the correct place to post this. I am new here, but does anybody know if the 2008 CX9GT will have 3rd row air vents. If not, does the air vents for the second row do a good job of cooling the 3rd row?

thanks,
    Liz
  • imamgimamg Member Posts: 136
    No it does not ... and so far I've no complaints about discomfort from the back seats... we do live in Northern California so... heat's not a "huge" issue all the time.
  • eva2deva2d Member Posts: 7
    What does that mean?! "Won't have direct fuel injection" will that mean slower burn rates?, lags in start-up? Please explain to a novice.
    Thanks
  • davethewave1davethewave1 Member Posts: 26
    See this article: Direct Injection at Wikipedia
  • eva2deva2d Member Posts: 7
    Oooh! Thanks :D
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    I bought a Grand Touring AWD w/ Nav, Bose, Sunroof:
    MSRP: $38730
    Paid: $34795 + tax, title, etc.
    0% for 36 months

I know there was an extra $1000 MAC cash on the Sport model however, the Invoice to MSRP difference between a base Sport and loaded up GT was already $600, so not having that rebate cost me $400 more but I got all the options that I really wanted.

Also, between the discounts, closeout bonus cash and the price increase for the 2008 model, the 2007 comes out to be at least $3500 cheaper.

Cheers!
  • luvcarzrichluvcarzrich Member Posts: 36
    Seems like a good deal - where did you buy?

Anyone out there have the Aug incentives?
    And what are the details on the closeout bonus cash? My people told me I was dreaming when I told them I thought there was $500 or more out there in bonus cash.
  • baccigalupbaccigalup Member Posts: 6
    i spke with several mazda reps - there is no rebate for NJ. if it is then its a deep dark secret.
  • iscream8iscream8 Member Posts: 1
    Picked up mine 7/31 in Portland, OR.

CX-9 Sport AWD Copper Red Mica, no extras.

$28,500 including destination and all fees.
    This included the $1000 rebate that I wasn't aware of.
  • kharriskharris Member Posts: 41
    Hi folks!
    Can someone tell me if the CX-9 has a switch to lock the AWD so it has a 50/50 front/rear power distribution. A number of other crossover SUV's have this feature but I haven't seen it mentioned for the Mazda CX-9. Thanks!

Ken
  • tewks999tewks999 Member Posts: 6
    Are Mazda dealerships receiving a holdback for the CX-9s? Edmunds is stating that Mazda gives a 2% holdback, but I thought I remember one time reading that there are sometimes exceptions. I dind't know with the CX-9 being so new, if maybe they wouldn't get one.

Secondly, if you have you CX-9 special ordered, does the dealership still receive the holdback? Since it's not going to sit on the lot at all, I wasn't sure if holdback would be cut-out of the process altogether.

Thanks!
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Dealer hold back is less the 2% on the CX-9.

If you special order a CX-9, the dealer will receive the holdback. The factory has no way of knowing what orders are special orders vs. stock orders.

I don't know why holdback is such a major issue with some people. Dealers have to stay in business somehow. You really think you can stay in business selling vehicles at $100 to $200 over invoice?
    Thank you for your response. I appreciate your help.

I totally agree with you. There's an expected profit by the dealership. If they didn't profit, they wouldn't have desire to stay in business. However, it's nice to know if they're making an additional $700. For me, it's nice to know that if they're selling a car for $1,000 over invoice, they're actually pulling in about $1,700. You can't expect to pull every dime from them, but it's helpful to know the real numbers.

Once again, thank you for replying so quickly.
    No problem. You will have better luck negotiating the selling price. Dealers do not like the customer bringing up holdback.

My advise, offer $500 over invoice. That is a good deal. I am a Mazda dealer, and we have been letting them go at $500 over. If we can get more, we do!
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Well said, I am not a dealer but do appreciate different business practices and some of us "buyers" forget that everyone has "to eat". I, for one, always tell the sales staff that I am looking for a fair deal and I do my homework in order to be able to recognize a fair deal when presented to me.There is no such thing as a bargain when it comes to car purchases, the sales people, most of the time, will not provide the buyer with a final buying price because we usually walk out with that quote to the next dealership and the end result is that the second dealership drops a hundred dollars on that price and we buy there.
    The moral of the story is that the first dealer actually did the selling for the second dealership.
    I had originally thought about bringing up holdback, but then I read a similar article that stated pretty much what you just said. Don't try to take away the holdback. It's pretty sacred to dealers.

I would have felt a little uneasy trying to get it for $500 over invoice, but now that I know it's really 1) $500 over invoice plus holdback and 2) that you say CX-9s are going that close to invoice, I'm more comfortable.

Thanks!
    I hate when that happens, unless I am the second dealer ;)
  • maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    CX9 Touring AWD with Moonroof/bose option and wheel locks.

MSRP is $34,740; dealer's offer to me is $33,566 and this is after telling him that I got an offer at invoice... I just don't get it.
  • mikeschmikesch Member Posts: 5
    Looking to just get a base sport with front wheel drive.
    will be second car purchase this month trying to see how low i can get.
  • hudbudhudbud Member Posts: 1
    Im in Kansas City and I was quoted a CX-9 GT with the Grand Touring Asst Package, Moonroof, Bose Stereo and towing package for $36,205. This seems like only $500 over invoice
    It seems that the base Sport models have the most discounts.

Complete ad here:
    http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=200808&adid=4855900&type=
  • bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Hi,

I live in NY (Long Island) and am wondering about availability of FWD and '07. Not interested in AWD but I see there are more of those on dealer lots. For those buying and looking to buy, is that because people want the FWD and are buying them more quickly or is Mazda making more of the AWD? Also, if I want FWD and '07 am I out of luck or will I be able to wait and get one, hopefully with better incentives.

Thanks.
  • maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    Bill,

Check out Mazda of Lodi (it may be a bit far depending on where in LI you are) but they seem to have a handful of Sport FWD. Manhattan Mazda looks like they've got 2 but neither of these guys have been easy to deal with via email... They want to schedule an appt and have you come in. I don't know what your preference is but that certainly isn't mine.
    has anyone purchased the extended service plan or lojack? if so what did you pay?
    Here is a quote I received from Warranty Direct. All prices are with $0 deductible.
    MajorCare - Covers only "big ticket items"
    6yr/75k - $1286
    7yr/100k - $1505.

SecureCare - True bumper-to-bumper protection.
    6yr/75k - $1624.
    7yr/100k - $1984.

LuxuryCare - Ultimate bumper-to-bumper protection.
    6yr/75k - $1956.
    7yr/100k - $2291.
  • wwwwww Member Posts: 8
    Been offered a proce of 34,991 for a CX-9GT with the Bose package (metro NY area). This is around 1400 over invoice. Is it worth trying to get to 500 over invoice - what are others experiences?
    Thanks!
    eric
  • bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Just curious about whether that is with or without AWD?
  • wwwwww Member Posts: 8
    with AWD...

-Just curious about whether that is with or without AWD?
  • oxrox714oxrox714 Member Posts: 1
    I just got quoted on an 07 Touring FWD w/ assist pkg and moonroof/Bose pkg in white. $32817 + tax&tags. At first I thought this was $595 under invoice. Then I noticed destination chg wasn't listed, which happens to be $595. So I guess I'm being quoted Invoice $33412. This was a first quote from an instaquote request from the dealer's website. I have not had direct contact w/ the dealer yet. Should I try to negotiate lower? :D;) Has anyone had experience with the instaquote service

Note: I have only been able to find 2 of these vehicles as configured w/in 150 miles. 1 white, 1 blue.

Does anyone know if Mazda is going to up their incentives for September? They only offer the 0-5.9 / 36-60 mo in the Penn/Jersey area through 9/4/07.
    OXROX - you are exactly at invoice with those options without the dest charge - sounds like a good deal
    auto plus premier - pretty much bumper to bumper. 7 yr 100K - $960
  • robertschurrobertschur Member Posts: 1
    When you say you sell for $500 over invoice does that include the dealer fee that dealers in FL add on as a printed item when they give you the contract after you have agreed on the price?
    I bought my Grand Touring for $400 below invoice with 0% for 36 months, but that was with hard negotiating on the last day of the month. Yes, I would definitely try to negotiate lower.

Go with White (IMHO). Looks really upscale on the CX-9.
    Mazda has some ridiculous incentives already on the '07 CX-7's. This indicates that whatever incentives they could offer on 2007 SUV closeouts, they've already offered them. Besides, inventories aren't very high on the CX-9s. I doubt if there will be more money offered past September.

If you're okay with the Sport trim (cloth seats), there is an extra $1000 MAC cash.

In my 2 weeks of ownership, this is one SWEEEEET ride!! :)
    Nope
    There is low APR financing available on all 2008 CX-9 models:

1.9% (12-36 months)
    3.9% (37-48 months)
    5.9% (49-60 months)
  • malmskovmalmskov Member Posts: 4
    I got this offer on a 08 Touring FWD with Touring assist, moonroof and sound and towing packages.
    Color: Sparkling Black

24 months lease with 15k yearly

MSRP: $37637.00
    Sales price: $34641.00
    Reisdual: 61 percent
    Money factor: .00059
    Registration fee: $290.00
    Down payment: $2500.00 (covering first month's payment and registration fee)

Monthly payment: $500.00

What do you guys think?
    Just announced!
    Get an additional $1000 loyalty rebate if you currently own a Mazda Tribute. This is in addition to $1000 MAC Cash AND 0% financing for 36 months on all CX-9 models. The MAC Cash is only on the 2007 Sport trims.

Fine Print:
    $1,000 Tribute Owner Loyalty Rebate
    If you are a current Mazda Tribute owner, you are eligible for a $1000 Owner Loyalty Rebate** toward the purchase of any new 2006, 2007, or 2008 Mazda.

You do not have to trade in your current Tribute to receive this $1,000 loyalty incentive.

Rebate valid on purchase or lease of a NEW 2006, 2007 or 2008 Mazda. Valid through Aug 31, 2007.

*EXCLUDING 2007 MazdaSpeed3 and 2007 MX-5 Miata Retractable Hardtop.

**Offer is transferable within household, must live at same address.

Link to full dealer ad:
    http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=214088&adid=4917063&cat=4012
  • rockybrockyb Member Posts: 1
    Hi dashbb
    My local dealer told me that low APR financing is not available on 2008 CX-9.
    Could you pls send me the link for APR incentives on 2008 CX9?
    Thanks
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Give a call to Wayne Mazda in Wayne NJ and ask for Giancarlo Morrelli....I dealt with him and he appears to be a nice young guy..they are agressive on sales of Mazdas they are the largest in the country...I am still thinking about getting mine since I have to wait for my current lease to expire..good luck..
  • cuvgalcuvgal Member Posts: 3
    We test drove a 07 CX-9 Sport Stormy Blue, Sand interior with the added power driver seat. MSRP is $29,980, got a price of $26,980! Think they are ready to get rid of it?

Off to check out the Hyundai Veracruz tonight to decide which one we will get!
  • maverick8maverick8 Member Posts: 25
    Hey cuvgal, keen to hear your comparison of CX9 & Veracruz.... we are looking at CX9 / Veracruz, though I may still double back to an LR3 if the crazy deal I have been fishing for on a service loaner gets a bite. Anyway, I will watch for your follow-up report.

Thanks,
  • cuvgalcuvgal Member Posts: 3
    We picked the CX-9. The interior feel was more comfortable. My husband didn't like the way the Veracruz shifted and he had a hard time resting his arm on the left door side. We have 4 kids (3 teenagers and a preschooler) so the extra cargo space behind the third row is a huge plus for us. Even the storage under the cargo is bigger in the Mazda (not all taken up with tools like the Veracruz).

There are things on the Veracruz we really liked. The roof air vents for the rear passengers and the map lights in the rear are great. The lit cupholders/cubby storage areas are really nice as well. I didn't like how the front end was so rounded on the Veracruz (like the sleeker lines of the CX-9). We also don't like the fake wood trim in ANY car, so we really like the Sport CX-9 with the black "piano" trim.

The Mazda just seemed more refined. Good luck in your hunting!
    maverick8 & cuvgal are right-on in their analysis.

Hot off the Press! This is on the September 2007 issue of Popular Mechanics:
    New Crossover Cars: Comparison Test
    "Roomy, sporty, hot-selling crossovers are elbowing in on minivans and SUVs. We test six of the new family haulers on the track and in real-life driving (with video for each!)"

The Contenders:
    Honda Pilot
    Subaru Tribeca
    Mazda CX-9
    Toyota Highlander
    Saturn Outlook
    Hyundai Veracruz

CX9 WINS! Check it out
    Hey - question on that texas dealer (townnorth) - I assume those 2008 $ off figures are NOT rebate - their dealer discount of MSRP?
    Correct. The amount is off MSRP.
  • nastacionastacio Member Posts: 370
    Not sure about the other values as I am not familiar with leases, but you definitely got a good sales price ($3K off).

Did they include anything funny to the MSRP, such as advertisement fees?

A local dealer wants to charge $250 for ad fees + $400 for registration fees. In our area, CX-9 don't last long in the lots and it is hard to negotiate off those prices.

They haven't heard of financing specials for 2008s yet.
  • maverick8maverick8 Member Posts: 25
    Hey folks, I am looking for any info. you have on 08 vs. 07 model year such as:

1. - Timing of 08 availability?
    2. - Probable 08 pricing compared with deals on 07? Of course dealers will tell you that there will be no deals/incentives/promo's etc. but they will still have to move volume and many will have grabbed the 07's.
    3. - Differences other than larger engine/power/torque .... for example; have they improved the braking (criticized by several reviewers)?

Any input??