Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vscwarriorvscwarrior Member Posts: 7
    If I may ask. Where did you get this deal? I am looking for same vehicle at that price. Dealer name, city and state.

This is a 2011 AWD Touring with leather, Bose, moonroof and powerlift?

The 31,500 OTD did not include 0% financing, correct?

Thank you for your help.
    What standard options are included on GT for that price? Is that price offered with 0% finance special?

Sounds like an excellent price to me. I've been researching the hell out of the Touring with bose, moonroof, powerlift and the standard price seems to be $30,500 + TTT. The added options would be about $4,000 more for the GT. These are prices without finance incentive. Therefore I say you have a good deal. I've only seen the base sport come in at a price like that, but I'm no expert.
    For GT that sounds good. I'm getting quotes $32,000 +TTT on a Touring. MSRP is $36,112 on the vehicle though and 0% finance special as well. Most GT msrp were $39,000 to over $40,000 in my area.
  • bolidobolido Member Posts: 4
    Its a base GT with no extra options. $28500 includes the $2K incentive which cannot be combined with the 0% APR. If you want 0% APR you need to add $1500 to the price (0% includes $500 bonus cash). On avg a 2011 is close to $2000 less than a 2012 because of the current incentives.
  • pj2011pj2011 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tip - I'll definitely get a quote from them and compare. It wouldn't be too far away if the price is right. I'd say Wisconsin wouldn't be out of the question either, for the same reason. Maybe I'll shop around a bit more.
  • pj2011pj2011 Member Posts: 3
    I thought it was odd about the 0%, but some of the other replies make sense as to why. I think that would be a huge deal to get a GT for $33,000 out the door. Not in a hurry to buy, so that makes it easier to wait a bit and maybe get a better price. Thanks for the reply.
    Picked up my 2011 Grand Touring CX-9 with only 4 miles on the odo this afternoon. got the price down to $28K!! Great deal I think!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    "Picked up my 2011 Grand Touring CX-9 with only 4 miles on the odo this afternoon. got the price down to $28K!! Great deal I think!"

Even for a FWD Grand Touring with no options, $28k is a killer deal!!!

Just last weekend, I helped my neighbors negotiate the purchase of a 2011 CX-9 Touring FWD (with Bose/Moonroof & Power Liftgate). It stickered for $34,9xx and they initially wouldn't go below $29,500. I finally got them down to $28,300 (plus tax, tag & title). I also got them to include the Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Rear-View Camera Display at the negotiated price, but retail on it is $665.

So far, they are loving it. It replaced a 2008 Lexus RX350 that they just turned in at the end of a 3-year lease. They actually like the Mazda better than the Lexus! =)

BTW, what color is your GT? My neighbors wanted Dolphin Gray with Sand Leather, but all of the Dolphin Gray models in Atlanta had Black Leather instead. They ended up going with Stormy Blue and Sand Leather.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • 9kfever9kfever Member Posts: 5
    Drove quite a ways to buy a GT AWD with Bose/Moonroof and Powerliftgate (no NAV). After the vehicle was detailed there were some scratches from shipping that would not buff out.

After a lot of negotiation and some serious stressing, we ended up in
    a 2011 GT AWD with NAV, Powerliftgate, and RES.

Sticker price was $40,650

Paid $34,250 (less TTL) with 0% for 60 months.

Also was able to add a MEPP extended warranty (72 month, 75k) for $1200.
  • iatrogenicxiatrogenicx Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    Looking to get a 2011 CX-9 Touring with Bose/moonroof and power liftgate. Is anyone finding offers in the NY metro area like the $30,500 or $30,800 posted here? Thanks!
    You got a great deal for your neighbor too! I also considered a Touring with Bose/Sunroof mainly for the backup camera (wife's requirement) as I know the MSRP is almost identical to a base GT. Ended up with the GT as I don't care for audio and sunroof. Power Tailgate is useful, but I would basically be paying $2K more for the stupid backup camera if I had chosen the Touring. I got the Stormy blue with black leather. I wasn't too sure on the Blue but it looks great under the sun.
  • kvsnaidukvsnaidu Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    I am going to buy an executive demo fully loaded CX-9 GT AWD (Nav, Bose, rear entertainment) with 2800 miles on it for $34250 (without taxes).

Is this a good deal ? Should I bargain further ?
    That's the best price I found for a GT 2011, but I would think they would come down on a demo. It's only worth negotiating down if you can walk away, but if this vehicle is the right color outside and in with all the options you want take it! There aren't a lot of 2011s left and the dealer may have a slight advantage since this is a very popular vehicle with great promotions this month. Make sure you get 0% for up to 60 or if paying cash get them to come down. It does make a difference if you are doing a trade in so look at all ways they can give you a better deal. Hope this helps. For what it's worth its my 2 cents.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    I think that is a very high price considering the '12's are out, it's considered a year old USED car driven by a bunch of different drivers. Last year's left overs, similarly equipped, with '0' miles were going for 32500 (listed for $40K) by this time of year.
    Picked up a 2011 Touring CX-9 Bose Moonroof power liftgate for $30,500 +TTT in NYC Metro area. I considered waiting to see what December incentives would be but 2011 CX-9 Tourings with the options and color I want are dwindling in supply in my area. Wish I was better at haggling to get a better price but I'm fairly satisfied. Zoom Zoom Zoom :)
    I paid that with 0% for a brand new one. Definately get a better deal.

Mine had same options.
  • xarienxarien Member Posts: 1
    VA / Mid Atlantic Area after emailing / negotiating with ~25 dealers

2011 Mazda CX9 Touring AWD
    Liquid Silver w/black interior
    Carpet floor mats
    Roof Rack
    Moonroof wind deflector
    6CD w/display audio Pkg (includes rear-view camera)
    Power Liftgate Pkg
    Moonroof/Bose Pkg
    MSRP $36,362.00
    OTD including TT+Fees = $31,815.29
  • soonersubaru1soonersubaru1 Member Posts: 9
    That's a really good deal, especially compared to what I'm finding around here. Congrats.
  • pearljam7pearljam7 Member Posts: 11
    Incredible! I just received a 31,700 otd quote on a 2011 cx-9 touring with lift gate and moonroof/bose. A ridiculously high number for a 2011 IMO. Shooting for under 30k OTD.
  • roadrunnercjroadrunnercj Member Posts: 4
    Which dealer?
  • cx9iscloud9cx9iscloud9 Member Posts: 5
    Bought 2012 CX9 Tourting with Tech Pack(Boss , Moonroof, backup cam,powerlift) for 30300. 0%APR. On road it cost me 33600. Its from FL. I have a feeling I might have paid 800 more.
    I guess the 2011 may be around 2K less. Going to buy a GT for a friend will post abt it later.
    Basics (Zoooom Zoooom)
  • kem0241kem0241 Member Posts: 3
    Quoted 32k OTD for a 2011 GT with moonroof/bose and power liftgate w/ own financing or 34k OTD with 0% (comes to same monthly payment..). Good deal?
  • hstteachhstteach Member Posts: 1
    We are looking to buy a 2011 FWD Touring with the Moonroof/ Bose and the Powerlift gate. We were quoted $34035 TOD with the 0% for 60 months financing. Does this sound reasonable for our area? It seems high based on what others are posting here.
  • msjbmsjb Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone out there decided on the Mazda over the Acura, and why? I have yet to test drive the CX-9, (Sat in one at the auto show) but for the price, amenities, and a lot less dealer negotiating hassle, I'm thinking of switching (Back to) Mazda. Have owned Rx-7, 626, Millennia, then changed to an MDX when kids started to grow. MDX have great re-sale, but priced really high in NW area, with no flexibility on new or used. Appreciate any comments.
  • big_tabig_ta Member Posts: 7
    I was in the same dilemma before I bought my CX-9. At the end, I ended up paying 10K less for an equivalent packaged car, but my CX-9 had some extra that the MDX-tech package did not have. Also space in the 3rd Row is much better in the CX-9. If you are not worried about "downgrading" to a non luxury package, its a no brainer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    You might try asking that question, here:

Acura MDX vs Mazda CX-9

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I had got offers like 28K, 28600 for 2011 with tech pack and 0% APR. You may add the tax,dealer cost and tag fee to get the out the door price. I think the good deal should be between 31k - 32k (out the door) with 0% APR
  • vancouver83vancouver83 Member Posts: 30
    Thanks for your message. Its very helpful. Two questions for you:

1- What is RES?

2- The 34,250 included the title and registration? What was the actual price for the vehicle.

We're looking to buy this week and would love to go in armed with that information. By the way, what is your general geography. We're in the North East.

Thanks
    got an email from Koeppel Mazda with ads for employee pricing: 2011 Mazda Sport $22971. These guys did not want to give me a decent deal on a 2011 Touring unless I did a 0% Mazda financing so I went with another NYC Mazda dealer. Not sure if this is a great deal since I was looking only at Tourings but this price seems low.
  • holytoledoholytoledo Member Posts: 5
    Who did you buy from in NYC metro? What was Koeppel's employee pricing deal?
    Got a deal for my friend 34,500 without tag, tax and fees but with 0% APR for a 2012 GT with boss,moonroof,nav and liftgate. Was that a good deal? OTD it was about 37800.
    RES is the rear entertainment system.

That price was before TTL but with the 0%
  • karthi525karthi525 Member Posts: 6
    Where in FL. I am looking for one in fl, with a RES and an AWD. i am finding it difficult to find a 2011 AWD
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    The 2012 have been out for several months and not many dealers will bring an AWD CX9 to FL.
    what would be the out the door price for a 2012 AWD fully loaded in fl
    Karthi, mlevinedc3 is right. You may not find many AWD in FL. By the way I can give you some figures that might help you. FWD CX9 GT with moonroof,boss etc without RES - Miami 34600(but their fee is 200 up). Coconut Creek-34,900, Tampa-34,900. All figures are with 0% APR without TTT. RES will cost you little abouve 1000 (on roof LCD). If you want the behind the headsets(2 individual LCDs- I dont like though) will be about 1700.

The best deal would be anything under 34K
    Thank you cx9iscloud9. Only 2 AWD in all of 500m radius from miami. !!-((
    Does the AWD that bad. ??

35900 for CX9 GT with RES ...

Whats TTT.

0% is the only one other than a nice SUV pushing towards this. If there is very little 2012 AWD, then what would be a 2011 GT cost with RES - 2K less than 2012?
    TTT refers to the OutTheDoorPrice - PriceOfCar. Tax,Tag and Dealer fee.
    For a 34500 car TTT would be like, Tax = 2129,Tag=450(for a new tag otherwise 200 approx), Dealer Fee=795. Once you enter into the finance dpt expect about $200 for something called a stamp fee(i guess). Do not subscribe to any package they offer(GAP insurance,Extended Warrenty, blah blah ).

I haven't confirmed but thats the impression I got speaking with dealers about 2011. A 2K less. Look, I could'nt find a 2012 Touring with tech pack under 30K (0%APR) but I was offered 28K for the same car of 2011 model.

Yes, sure its a nice SUV. But one thing you might want to know in advance; the Boss is not something you would be boasting about your CX9.
  • pugdunepugdune Member Posts: 1
    After negotiations, we came to an agreed $31,000 OTD on a new 2011 CX9 FWD Touring with the Tech Package. However, they sprang a surprise at the very end that the car was actually demo car with 4000+ miles on it already. The dealership went on the "still new car" angle, only driven by dealership sales people for markerting purposes. Did not appreciate that!!!
    My final offer for $29,500 OTD was rejected and I walked out.

Any thoughts about demo cars? Is 4000+ miles still considered a "new car"?? It is almost like a certified used car at this point IMHO.....
  • stewy001stewy001 Member Posts: 1
    Pulled the trigger on 2012 AWD touring w/ power lift, moon roof, bose, rails & remote start with Walkers Mazda (Renton), got it for under 34K + TTL took the 0% and the 90 days. The internet manager is willing to deal and took good care of us only thing worth mentioning when negotiating make sure to tell him to have the rails installed. ;) Zoom Zoom Zoom..
  • djm18djm18 Member Posts: 1
    If you figure that the car depreciates 60% from MSRP over the first 48 years/ 48k miles, then my math says that first $4k of miles cost you 1/12th * 60% of the original MSRP or 5% of the MSRP/OTD price (pick your poison).

I would have asked them for another $1500 of discount.
    Alternatively, find out what a lease company charges for overages on a 36-48 month lease ($.30?) and demand that as a discount ($1200).
  • cx9_zoomcx9_zoom Member Posts: 2
    picked up for $30K + TTL, good price?
  • cx9_zoomcx9_zoom Member Posts: 2
    Above is with Bose/power lift gate.
  • holytoledoholytoledo Member Posts: 5
    What dealer in tri-state? Did you get thw 0% as well on this 2011?

Thanks in advance.
  • raykalraykal Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2012 Touring with Bose/moon roof + power liftgate + remote start + roof rail, wheel lock, cargo net ... The final price was just under $33K + tax+ registration (125) + Doc fee (399). Also got the 0%/60 months financing. This was the lowest offer through internet price quotes near boston area. We were also looking at GT model, but the 20" wheels were too bumpy and may not be good for northeast snow. Thanks to all the comments on this forum...helped a lot to make the final decision. Did I get a good deal?
    $30K looks good. A month ago I got a 2011 CX-9 Touring in NY Metro area for $30,500 +TTT.
  • theecontendertheecontender Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I was quoted $34,498 or very close quote was under $35k on a 2012 CX-9 GT DEMO Vehicle with 5000 miles, navpack, bose, power lift, white paint, sand leather interior. But after I was approved for 0% APR for 60 months, the sales guy calls and tells me that if I use Mazda Financing at 0% APR that they couldn't sell it to me at the original asking? Why would the asking price INCREASE to $36,186 based on using their own financial incentive offer? Is this standard practice? This doesn't feel right.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    All cash incentives cannot be combined with the special financing. It's an either/or.
  • hp6130hp6130 Member Posts: 49
    Does anybody know of any good Mazda dealers in San Jose,calif.
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    edited January 2012
    I bought mine from OakTree Mazda at Stevenscreek.
    However, I do not blindly recommend every salesperson over there.
    Still, do your the email cross-shopping routine. Find the best price.
    If you have a trade-in, factor that in at the same time.
    For post-purchase services, I highly recommend OakTree. I live in Fremont, but
    I go there for services. That says it all.
    :)