Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• oozboozoozbooz Member Posts: 4
    How's $29500 for "2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD 5K miles" by owner on craigslist ?
  • lwb3lwb3 Member Posts: 5
    I dont feel good about this deal, but I already signed and walked away. This was my first lease of a car so I wanted to get your perspective on it. We had a 2010 Cx-7 Sport that we were financing. We traded that in for a 2012 CX-9 Sport that we decided to lease. According to the paper work, we owed 16,500 on the CX7 which they gave us 16, 600 for and then leased us the CX-9 for a term of 48 months/ 10,000 miles for $365 per month.

I feel like I should have walked away for 24 hours and looked at the lease terms then tried to talk them down on the price, but got a little overwhelmed by the whole thing, and signed. In the big picture, we still had 4 years left on our loan and would have paid off the $16500 and been left with a car that was too small for our needs (cx7) instead we are paying an additional $1200 over the 4 years for a bigger, nicer car and we can walk away at the end of it and go lease something else.

THe whole leasing concept freaked me out anyway, now I feel worse about it...
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    So you have the same size car, will own nothing at the end of the lease and have nothing to show for paying out all that money. No equity at all.

You know, in most states you have 3 business days to CANCEL any contract.
    Call a lawyer, or legal aid or dept of consumer protection and ask how much time you have you can cancel a contract.
    The CX9 is definitely bigger and better for our purposes. Yes there will be no equity but the way I saw it, we already owed more than our CX7 was worth and we had outgrown the car. The KBB value was around $14K and we owed $16

The hardest thing for me to swallow with the lease is that we will have nothing at the end of the lease..just more payments if we get into another one. I think I would feel alot better about it if it had only been 36 months

In NJ you have 24 hours to get out and we are past that already. Just trying to learn for next time.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    So you have the same size car, will own nothing at the end of the lease and have nothing to show for paying out all that money. No equity at all.

They bought the last car... and, didn't end up with any equity in that one, either.... so, not sure how leasing will be any worse..

You know, in most states you have 3 business days to CANCEL any contract.

That doesn't apply to vehicle purchases...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carmom7carmom7 Member Posts: 3
    I recently test drove a 2012 CX9 GT, with the car having only 5 miles on it. During the first 10 minutes of the test drive a awful burning smell came through the vents. When I put the vent control on recycle the smell went away but when I put it back on fresh air, the smell came back.

The sales rep said that it was the undercoating spray and that after 20-30 miles it will go away and that this happens to all Mazda cars. Is this true and has anyone else had this smell during their test drive, or even even after buying their car ?

Thank you.
    I havent experienced that. We have a 2010 CX7, a 2011 Mazda 3 and now, 2012 Cx9...You should test drive a different vehicle and see if you experience the same thing
  • nsbio1nsbio1 Member Posts: 75
    edited February 2012
    I did. back when I bought my 08 Mazda3. It was noticeable but not too bad, and it went away in two days. We are buying a factory-ordered CX-9, which will be hopefully delivered in a couple of months, and I will keep an eye (a nose) on it though.
  • carmom7carmom7 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks lwb and nsbio. I will test drive another Mazda model to see if the smell is there.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    When I bought my 09 GT, it had the same smell but it burned off after about a week.
  • buddy938buddy938 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first time to post but a long time reader of townhall talk specifically with Mazda forums. I just wanted to share my price paid on a new CX-9. I got my new FWD CX-9 Grand Touring with RSES, nav, power liftgate, tow prep for 34,000 plus TT&L from Bankston Ford/Mazda in Fort Worth, TX. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Wow! That's a great deal for a 2012. Did you get the 0% financing at that price?
  • buddy938buddy938 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    No. I took financing with my credit union. I was also surprised when I called them because this option is very limited here in DFW and I felt I wont get this below invoice (36,526 I believe). They gave it to me 34,429 at first but I was able to talk them to 34,000 with free tint. Not bad at all. Loving the car!!!
  • waynejswaynejs Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a CX-9 sometime, I'm in no hurry. I've been emailing dealers around my area (midwest). I have an offer from a dealer for a 2011 CX-9 AWD Grand Touring with moonroof/NAV/powerlift gate. MSRP is $39,650, the dealer is offering it for $32,300, no 0%. Do you think this is a good deal? Thanks in advance!
    If you don't need the financing, I'd offer $1200 less. Otherwise it's a decent deal for a year old car that's been sitting unsold. Is it Black/black? Most leftovers are LOL.
  • waynejswaynejs Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'll see if the dealer will go lower. She couldn't go lower than 33k at the end of february, but I guess with march incentives, she can go lower now. the car is black/black, lol
  • trf215trf215 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone in upstate NY recommend any dealers for a 2011 or 2012 AWD Grand Touring with the RSES package? I just started the internet shopping. The target prices Ive seen on the 2012 vary from $35,355 - $37,800 and on the 2011 from $32,500 - $34,500. What do you folks think? Thanks.
  • kaushik1kaushik1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2011 GT AWD on Saturday in Austin for $34500+TTL. It didn't come with 0% APR. If I wanted 0% APR then I had to add $2500 to the sale price.

The package includes Nav, Moonroof, powerlift gate, Class III Trailer hitch, remote engine start, splash guards, roof rails & rear bumper guard
  • alcapalcap Member Posts: 82
    Hello all,

How does this deal sound...I live in northern NJ and was offered for 2012 CX-9 GT AWD w/ Bose/Pwr Moon Roof, Power Life Gate MSRP 38,435. 36 Month lease 550.00 per month 15k per year sign and drive 0 out of pocket. Sounds like they are ripping me off.

What do you guys think?
  • ram55ram55 Member Posts: 1
    Seams to be a very good deal in austin. What is the dealer name.

I recently got a quote of 30000 for Touring with moonroof/bose.
  • rp001rp001 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for a CX-9 Touring AWD with Bose/sunroof/liftgate/rear Camera in Northern NJ for 32750. With 5k down, dealer is asking $519/month for 60 months with 0% financing.
    What do you guys think of this deal?
    He also quoted me $369 for 42 month lease (12K miles) with 2500 due at signing.
    Would appreciate if somebody in northern NJ could share their prices/quotes and let me know how these prices sound.
    5000 + 60(519) = 36149 ?? is not 32750 makes no sense to me

I don't lease so I can't comment on that aspect.
  • rp001rp001 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your response.
    You forgot the tax on the 32750.
    Even with that, looks like he is planning to charge me 1000 in doc fees/title/registration, which I will push back on.

How is the price itself ($32750) for this car, is it good enough with a 0% finance?
    He might reduce it if i opt out of the 0% finance.
  • nbalegend_24nbalegend_24 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I also live in northern NJ and am currently shopping around for the CX-9. Which dealership did you get that lease quote in because I'm not getting anything close. I have yet to actually do the whole back and forth with the manager but my initial quote was way worse
    Thanks
  • trf215trf215 Member Posts: 2
    I really would suggest that you internet shop around 10 dealers for an out the door price on whatever CX 9 and options you want. That will usually get you good quotes from two or three dealers who are serious about selling a car. Do everything by email until you pick a dealer with the price you want. Do not give any dealer your phone number. If the dealer's email requires a phone number put in a 555-555-5555 and then explain in the body of your email that you choose not to give out your phone number.

I live near Syracuse, NY and just bought a 2012 CX 9, AWD, Sport Trim, power seat package, with Homelink, alarm system and mud flaps for an out the door price of $30,700. I talked to the salesman on the phone for maybe five minutes. I had to drive two and half hours to get the vehicle in Albany but it was worth it.

I wanted a DVD but did not want to pay the package price for it which is silly high so I am having an aftermarket one put in for $700.

Be patient and internet shop.
  • fnulfnul Member Posts: 1
    Just got a dolphin gray FWD touring with the moon roof pkg, auto dimming mirror, all weather mats, cargo tray and net for 31,800 otd (Va title). May not be the best price around, but the wife picked the color and there were not too many dealers around with the exact vehicle.
  • chakradechakrade Member Posts: 3
    I just pulled the trigger on a 2012 CX 9 GT black on black with RSES, NAV, power liftgate wheel locks, tint and roof rails for 33500. It was a demo model with 1100 miles on it and so was able to negotiate 0% on it.

What do you guys think? Good deal?

Thanks,
    Chaks
    Mazda just came out with an additional $1500 dealer incentive.
  • tylerdurden99tylerdurden99 Member Posts: 8
    On 3/30 I picked up a silver CX9 Touring with the Bose/Moonroof/Power Liftgage for $31,999. Coupled with my '08 Acura MDX w/Tech my out the door price was $7,300.

There was a $1500 dealer incentive program in March but not sure if that has carried over to April. I actually was going to buy the FWD, but was able to get this one at the same price and according to Edmunds is like $2k under invoice.

I wasp pleased with the deal and the CX9 is very much like the Acura except it drives better and is cheaper.
  • chakradechakrade Member Posts: 3
    So is this apart from the 1500 they already had? Is the total dealer incentive 3000 now?
  • huih_8019huih_8019 Member Posts: 22
    plus remote engine start, all weather mats and wheel lock, 0APR 33,127, + tax+tags @ PA
  • ussoollussooll Member Posts: 5
    I just got a quote for a new White 2012 CX-9 with the Moonroof/Bose package and the power liftgate package for $31,000+TTL
    This is in TX and I will be paying cash. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Should I be trrying to move the price further?
    Who was the dealer? Is that 30,00 + TTL?
  • coliphagecoliphage Member Posts: 10
    A member on mazda247 forum reported 2012 Touring Blk/Blk, AWD, Monroof and Bose audio package, power liftgate, sunroof, 4 month sirius for $29,077.
    Is that 29,077+ TTL or 29,077 OTD?

29,077+TTL is a very good price, I can't get anybody even close to that...

29,077 OTD sounds too good to be true.
    FYI: Ended up buying a 2012 White CX-9 (Touring) with the moonroof/Bose and the power liftgate package for $31,750 OTD. Bought for cash, with no financing

Might not be the absolutely best deal, but seems pretty decent and i'm happy.
  • muk_sdmuk_sd Member Posts: 2
    Any one bought a new CX9 Touring or GT with Moonroof+Bose, Power lift gate, 6CD+multi info display options? What kind of out the door price did you get? For Touring AWD with these options, am getting about $35,400 to $35,500 from a couple of dealers in OC and SD counties. Wondering if this is a good deal or not. Not many good certified pre-owned options for AWD Touring or GTs. Most of them seem to be FWD only. Anyone know of a dealer with a few AWD preowned CX9s?
    edited June 2012
    See my post above. I recently paid $31,750 out-the-door for a new 2012 White CX-9 (Touring, FWD) with the same options.
  • muk_sdmuk_sd Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Ussooll. I saw that post, but your transaction was in TX. I was asking for Southern California specifically.
  • autoshopperautoshopper Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    This was the pretty good offer from Walker Mazda for a Mazda Cx-9 AWD, NAV, Moonroof/Bose, Power Lift gate:

Msrp $40240.00
    Invoice $37740.00
    Family and friend deal $37250.00
    extra discount $750.00
    Sale price $36500.00
    Sale tax $3650.50
    License and doc fee $347.25
    And lastly 0% finance for 60 month.
    OTD....$40497.00

I asked them to tweak this as it was still not low enough based on other internet bids i had received from the WA/OR area. This is was my final price:

2012 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring Awd, NAV, MR/BOSE, Power Liftgate
    $40240 MSRP.
    Sale price $36360.00
    $750 rebate for 0%
    Sale price $35610
    60 @ 0% finance-
    Sale tax $3563.28
    License and doc fee $385.00

OTD: $ 39,558.28

Note:
    The Seattle proper dealers never returned my quires for info. Lynnwood and Kirkland Mazda were responsive but would not move on price. Walker Mazda buying experience was FANTASTIC.

We have had the car for about a month and love it! Handling is great and the touring comes with every feature you can imagine. Gas mileage could be better but hey we bought a SUV and not a Prius. We also knew going in that mileage will tend to be about 18 mpg. Zoom Zoom!
  • c80c80 Member Posts: 10
    Here is the quote I received from a dealer in the Bay Area:

2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    MSRP: $ 34,785
    Destination Fee: $ 795
    Packages:
    MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE $2,255
    POWER MOONROOF
    BOSE 9-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    Individual Options:
    NAVIGATION RDS BASED W/REAL TIME TRAFFIC $1,665
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE LIFT GATE $400
    REAR BUMPER STEP PLATE $150

Total MSRP: $ 40,050
    Internet dicounted Price $ 34,399 (before destination, TTL)
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    edited July 2012
    For GT AWD, the target price should be
    about $5500 off MSRP + another $1K off if you currently own a Mazda.
    Your price is decent if you do not own a Mazda currently. :)
    (based on recent July 4th promotion)
  • vvvvvvvvvv Member Posts: 1
    c80, which dealer did you get this quote from? I'm also in the market for a CX-9 in the Bay Area. Thanks.
  • c80c80 Member Posts: 10
    @vvvvv: Menlo Mazda. If you need more information, send me your e-mail address.
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• texasmaxtexasmax Member Posts: 75
    All-

Looking to move real soon on a CX-9 GT FWD moonroof/bose+liftgate in North TX, for a 12k/36month lease... anyone know what sort of residual I'm looking at (at least, through Mazda/Chase)? Currently in an expiring Mazda lease now (2010 of the same exact thing + Nav, need to dig up the lease and see what residual we had back then).

Sticker on this, incl. dest., is 37,185. Trying to figure out how low I can take this, any input would be appreciated, and searching as we speak.

Thanks!
  • sbaleasbalea Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new 2012 CX-9 GT AWD. The dealer has several seemingly identical vehicles in stock, however, two of them are listed at about $300 less MSRP. Dealer claims there was a price increase about a month or maybe 6 weeks ago, and the two cheaper ones are from before the increase. He also claims the vehicles are otherwise identical.

Is this for real? Has anybody heard of this? If it's true, I would have no problem going with one of the cheaper vehicles, but I would like to be sure there is no difference.

Thanks
    It happens all the time....

Most car makes have mid-year price increases..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ak1900ak1900 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am getting this for $34,000 + tax/doc-fees etc..
    Is this a good deal ? I am existing Mazda owner
    so that discount is already rolled in...This is
    in MA.

2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    Packages:
    MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE
    POWER MOONROOF
    BOSE 9-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
    Individual Options:
    NAVIGATION RDS BASED W/REAL TIME TRAFFIC
    POWER OPEN/CLOSE LIFT GATE
    REAR BUMPER STEP PLATE
    ROOF RACK
  • sbaleasbalea Member Posts: 5
    This seems too good to be true. The invoice price for this configuration is 38662. With a 1750 dealer incentive, 1000 customer incentive and 500 loyalty credit you get down 35412. Even if the car predates the recent price bump, that only accounts for an extra $350 or so. I'd be a little bit suspicious, the dealer must really want to get rid of this car. Get a quote for all the fees they'll charge you, maybe the plan to make it up on the fees.