Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Bent Hatch

mypathfindermypathfinder Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Nissan
I opened the back hatch of my pathfinder after an ice storm. apparently there was a thin layer of ice on the top. The hatch opened fine until I heard a crunch when fully opened. Now I have a 4 inch bend in the top of the hatch. The hatch and the roof of the pathfinder no longer match up. Is this a design flaw? Why did the hatch bend so much and so easily due to a thin layer of ice.
Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Any suggestions?

Comments

• silverghostsilverghost Member Posts: 154
    Design flaw??
  • leftturnleftturn Member Posts: 1
    1997 pathfinder hatch latch is broke. The glass will come open but the hatch will only come to the first catch and will not open fully. Any ideas as how to get the latch undone to replace the latch.
  • dougieedougiee Member Posts: 1
    my 1997 pathfinder hatch latch will not open past the second latch. how can i get to the latch to replace it?
  • elproducto42elproducto42 Member Posts: 5
    Got a new (minor) problem with my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. it seems that when I open the hatchback, it wont stay all the way up. I am tired of banging my head on the inside of the hatchback and wondering what can be done to fix it?
This discussion has been closed.