Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Crossover SUV Comparison

Comments

• stmssstmss Member Posts: 206
    the list is large

XC90 $60k-$80k Cdn
    Toureg - $60k-$90k Cdn (ridiculous)
    XC 70 $50k-$60k Cdn
    MKX - $50k
    Pilot $45k and up
    RX 350 $55k and up

You won't get much luxury for $40k Cdn. It won't even get you a FS Ltd like I have.

But the incentives are coming out and some manufacturers are reducing prices - reluctantly and slowly. Consumer car imports from US at all time high in 2007.
  • cason1cason1 Member Posts: 65
    vad, let's not get carried away. I agree that there are other and potentially better choices than the VC, but wow, this response is a bit over the top...almost like you are trying to get a reaction.

When I was looking, I drove both the VC and the Acadia and I can't say I remember the Acadia distinguishing itself as a better driving vehicle in the least. They were both a bit bland for my possibly non-mainstream preferences, but you make the VC sound like a tractor.

Personally, I am not prepared to put down my money for a Hyundai mainly due to my uncertainty about their future resale value...a priority in my decision making process and one of the main reasons I ultimately passed on the CX-9. If a person instead holds perceived value as a priority, I can certainly see the VC as a strong choice. It is a very nicely finished vehicle...although in my opinion the comparisons to Lexus are a bit much.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Those who automatically dismiss the Veracruz probably fall into one of two categories:

* they haven't sat inside one yet (and may not be willing to)
    * they have a personal bias against Korean cars

I do think there are some legitimate concerns, however:

* residual values
    * a negative public perception that lags behind reality

Korean cars have improved dramatically, indeed many Hyundais ace reliability tests from multiple sources. Problem is, they earned a bad reputation with their earlier efforts and the public hasn't forgotten that yet. It takes a long time to overcome that bad reputation.

If you're open minded enough, I challenge you to sit inside a Veracruz Limited, then come back here and share your impressions.

Edit: I just looked, the local dealer has 25 VCs in stock and the most expensive one is $33.7k USD. That's a loaded LTD model with AWD. So the $40k thing is only in Canada, you won't see that in the US.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Juice,

I work next to a Hyundai dealer. I have not sat in one, but, only peered through the window into one. I find the outside looks to be kind of weird, especially the front end. I know many say it resembles the Lexus RX, but, I really don't see it. My mother owns a Lexus RX, and I like the exterior much better then the interior. The build quality is great, however, the interior is nothing overly special. I do like the wood accents, though.

About the VC, I guess I should just sit in one. I'm sure the boys next door won't mind!
    I like the inside better than the outside. You really have to sit in those soft leather seats, though, to appreciate it.

I also like the red/brown color option for the leather.

It wouldn't work on a CX9, which is too sporty for cushy seats like that.
  • volkovvolkov Member Posts: 1,306
    Um Vad, before you start chiding people for buying poor handling vehicles, maybe you should remember you drive an Acadia!

These are all big, heavy people haulers. If you want great handling, look elsewhere.
  • baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    Edit: I just looked, the local dealer has 25 VCs in stock and the most expensive one is $33.7k USD. That's a loaded LTD model with AWD. So the $40k thing is only in Canada, you won't see that in the US.

Actually when you price one loaded on the Hyundai site the highest you can go is $38,195 after freight charges. If they allowed you to get the DVD and the Navi from the factory together then you could raise that about another $1000 (the DVD option is $1,500 but it and the Navi both come with the same stereo upgrade so $1k is my guess at the price of the DVD alone since you obviously can't get the stereo twice). Still not $40k but pretty darn close.

On another note, when you get the Navi or DVD, $1,750 and $1,500 respectively, you also get their "Infinity® Logic 7® surround sound audio with 605 watt amp" stereo upgrade. The DVD isn't necessarily a bargain with that but the Navi sure is. Most Navis from other mfrs cost roughly $2k and don't come with stereo upgrades. How good is their Navi I guess is the real question. ;)

Strangely roof cross rails are a $205 accessory and not on the factory options list. $205? Ouch! :surprise:
  • vad1819vad1819 Member Posts: 309
    "Um Vad, before you start chiding people for buying poor handling vehicles, maybe you should remember you drive an Acadia!"

I have a good answer on your statement. How is fun to drive Acadia?

MT test:
    MT figure eight: MDX - 27.4 sec @ 0.63 g avg; Acadia- 28.2 sec @ 0.59 g avg; CX-9 - 28.2 sec @ 0.59 g avg .
    So it's 0.6 sec less than MDX and even with CX-9.
    Yes, it's still smart to not just look at cost, but rather cost of ownership. I would still have concerns re. resale, but the intent is to lease this vehicle so resale value isn't an issue. Actually the VC residuals in Canada are higher than Toyo Highlander, making lease payments even lower.
    And I too hate shelling out for roof rails when I'm getting the top of the line premium model, but Subaru is the same on that one.
    I have a good answer on your statement. How is fun to drive Acadia?

MT test:
    MT figure eight: MDX - 27.4 sec @ 0.63 g avg; Acadia- 28.2 sec @ 0.59 g avg; CX-9 - 28.2 sec @ 0.59 g avg .
    So it's 0.6 sec less than MDX and even with CX-9.

So you think .59g in the figure eight constitutes good handling - that's hilarious!
    Oh and by the way, the VC scored .58g so it must handle great too. Based in this evidence, I request you withdraw your prior statement.
  • tencjeddtencjedd Member Posts: 44
    According to the Audi website, you can get a Q7 at around $40K, but I suspect like Big Foot, a $40K Q7 is an urban legend. I certainly have never seen one on a lot.

It is an urban legend. However, you can get the Q7's (and Porsche Cayenne's) cousin, the VW Touareg in a V6 out the door at a shade under $40K without a lot of options.

I was traditionally a 16-17k miles/year driver prior to buying the Touareg. 24 months into ownership I've got 46k miles on the car.
    I'm sure there's a rebate - Edmunds says $500 for my zip but that seems low.

Any how, I think most people would be able to negotiate the price down a bit more than some of the more in-demand models.

Plus, he was talking Loonies, not US dollars.
  • tencjeddtencjedd Member Posts: 44
    On numerous occasions my FS has been mistake for an Explorer

Anyone who mistakes a FS for an Explorer...

a) Needs their eyes examined!
    b) Doesn't know SQUAT about cars!
    c) Should call me so I can sell them a BRAND NEW OLDSMOBILE!
    d) all of the above
    LOL at c! :D
    All true but MSRP was in question was it not? The VC can get expensive too is all I was pointing out. The '07 is a different story because Navi wasn't offered then so the price does go down if you were checking those in the inventory.

$500 is all I see for a rebate here too on both the '07 and the '08. That seems way off to me.
    I'm not sure, maybe Canadian MSRPs. :shades:

$38k seems high to me as well, but nowadays it's scary how easily some cars break $40k and even $50 grand.

Quick double-check...LTD AWD with DVD selling for $33,427, or choose NAV instead of the DVD and pay $33,635.

Seems like a decent value once the discounts are factored in.

The exact same dealer's Enclaves are priced from $35.6k to $40.9k, just as a reference.

These prices are in the Mid-Atlantic, and as they say, YMMV. And I don't think they accept Canadian currency. :D
  • albookalbook Member Posts: 1,282
    You might want to reread my post. I didn't say that the TX was best in class. Just that the TX/FS was the first CUV that could hold 3 rows of adults and a good amount of luggage behind the 3rd row.

No- that goes to the Rendezvous- which I think had the best third row of any CUv out there.
  • cjsbcjsb Member Posts: 71
    Let me clarify the pricing (Canadian) so the comparrisons to U.S. pricing on the VC can be fairly drawn. And so we don't get led too astray by the $40K thing.

We paid ~$33 850 before tax. Not $40K. This includes freight and all fees. Everything but the tax. So the $33 850 is the best figure to keep in mind here.

That is for an AWD, leather, 18" wheel GLS with power everything. I think similar to an SE with leather/roof/AWD in the States? And the quotes I was receiving from New York dealers on this model were not vastly different from what the prices were here once that big rebate kicked in to keep buyers from crossing the border.

We purchased outright rather than lease and I'm not concerned about resale as I keep vehicles way past their best before date. By the time I get rid of them, resale differences are so nominal it's a non-starter in my purchase decision. And if you track Hyundai resale values you'll notice a steady incline of late. I think you'll see that trend continue. Hyundai has had much better luck thus far penetrating the Canadian market then they have the American market.

Hope that helps.

And enjoy the Acadia vad! I like them a lot. But to get into an AWD Acadia appointed as luxuriously and comprehensively as our VC, was going to cost considerably more than $33 850 and my wife didn't like it as much to begin with. And the VC is her's really so I kinda have to go with the boss on this one! It took her only hours to decide the VC was the right one after she drove it. Back to back with the Outlook.

And if it's driving experience you are after rather than a serene, stylish, comfortable highway cruiser for the family like most of these vehicles are, I'd suggest picking up a bike on the side. That's how I do it.

Happy Motoring!
    Seems like a decent value once the discounts are factored in.

No doubt about that. My father-in-law just leased an '07 VC back in Aug or Sept and really likes it. He's coming out of his second Explorer and couldn't take the gas mileage hit anymore. He says he got a fantastic deal on it but I don't know the specifics. I have not sat in it or driven it yet because I can't get past the front end. It is not attractive to me so I'm pretty uninterested in it and really have no desire to go any further. I hear the interior is really nice but again, the front end turns me off too much. Others like it and I have no problem with that (my effort of warding off the attacks from VC owners :blush: ). It's just not my cup of tea.

Funny thing about my FIL and his family though. They call their A6 "the Audi", the Explorers were always called "the Ford", and the Cherokee before the first Explorer was always called "the Jeep" by all of them. However, the VC is not called "the Hyundai" but rather "the Veracruz" is their name of choice for it. It's like they are afraid to call it by the mfrs name.
  • scott613scott613 Member Posts: 14
    Vad, so you base fun to drive on figure 8 test? In that case the VC is just as much fun as your beloved Acadia - only a .2 second difference. A separate comparison test MT did between Acadia, Edge and XL7 had the Acadia figure 8 test at 29.1 sec @ 0.55 g (avg). Interesting how you don't use those numbers or even an average of the 2 tests. Every test I could find also has the VC faster in a straight line. (which I think most of drive a lot more of than figure 8's).

I own an 07 Veracruz, purchased the 1st month they were on sale last year. Zero problems and a great ride. It handles very well, has excellent acceleration, and contrary to your previous post, it does hold the road. The only advantage the Acadia has is size. You are so biased against Hyundia (and others) its ridiculous.

Here's a few areas where the cheap Hyundai VC beats your Acadia:

- expected resale values on Kelley Blue Book the Acadia lags behind the VC for both 07 and 08 models (thru 5 yrs). Not bad for people looking for a cheap ride as you call it.

- Warranty. Why doesn't GMC stand behind their product for longer than 3/36 for the bumper-to-bumper warranty? I get 5/60 which means $0 out of pocket for those last 2/24. Hope you bought an extended warranty on your Acadia? Based on reliability studies GMC and Hyundia rank about the same so you are as likely to have a problem as I am. I also get better powertrain and corrosion warranties.

But it seems you are only worried about the fun to drive factor so I am sure all of this falls on deaf ears (and blind eyes). ;)
    "Here's a few areas where the cheap Hyundai VC beats your Acadia:
    - expected resale values on Kelley Blue Book the Acadia lags behind the VC for both 07 and 08 models (thru 5 yrs). Not bad for people looking for a cheap ride as you call it.
    Warranty. Why doesn't GMC stand behind their product for longer than 3/36 for the bumper-to-bumper warranty? I get 5/60 which means $0 out of pocket for those last 2/24. Hope you bought an extended warranty on your Acadia? Based on reliability studies GMC and Hyundia rank about the same so you are as likely to have a problem as I am. I also get better powertrain and corrosion warranties."

1. Expected. That's right. Kelly Blue Book has no valid numbers. Who cares what number will be by Kelly blue book. Try to sell or trade using this numbers.It's only for dealership, how to screw you more. No valid point on this.
    2. $0, if you will do all recommended maintenance right at dealer. So you will pay a lot money for schedule maintenance. So no valid point either.
    At the end if you will try to sell it, you will loose more money, just because it's Hyundai, not a GM or Honda or Toyota. I don't do any extended warranties. Never bought, never will. It's waist of money. Never pays off. It's applies for house appliances too. They covered, but ........ always BUT. Let's come back in four - five years here, and see who's right.
    In the end on this forum best CUV's are CX-9, VC, Outlander, TX; the worst one Acadia, Highlander, Pilot, MDX,RX..... Is it something wrong here? Oh, I guess cheaper is better. Good. But... nothing.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I don't try to insult anybody.
    My point is ok to pay 20-30 grand for Hyundai, but 40 grand plus for this car it's insane.

It seems you are caught in a loop of insults. Do you not get it?

We get it, you feel Hyundai is inferior, but deriding others for choosing it and saying how much they feel they would pay for it - IS AN INSULT. C'mon Vad, surely you understand this.

I'm shocked, on this forum at beginning everyone like CX-9, and then the VC becomes better choice. How is in the world you can compare CX-9 to VC?

I can't speak for others, but I'm not defending the vehicle or claiming it to be, as you say, "better choice." I'm defending the people who you insult over and over for choosing something because THEY FIND IT BETTER SUITED TO THEIR NEEDS than you do. GET OVER IT VAD, THE GM LAMBDA CUVs AREN'T THE BEST TO EVERYONE. Do you get it yet?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Take a deep breath ...

Count to 10 ...

Engage mouse scroll wheel ... ;)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    . $0, if you will do all recommended maintenance right at dealer
    Vad, you're wrong on this, sorry.

I don't do any extended warranties. Never bought, never will. It's waist of money. Never pays off.
    sorry, wrong on this one too, because of your word choice "never" in that they "never pays off"

Folks may just want to stop responding to Vad. If you read the comments, I think you'll realize there's something "odd" about them :surprise:

Let's come back in four - five years here, and see who's right.
    on this you're right on, so why not just come back and give us a post then, I'm sure most folks can wait till then ;)
    "I can't speak for others, but I'm not defending the vehicle or claiming it to be, as you say, "better choice." .I'm defending the people who you insult over and over for choosing something because THEY FIND IT BETTER SUITED TO THEIR NEEDS than you do."

I think you're doing a trolling. You don't have any position, you're swinging between different cars. So, give me you're "better choice", that I can recored for future refernces.
    The extended warranties in most case not working, it's even CR reported the way dealer makes money. Same about electronics CC or Best buy got huge profits from extended warranties.
    So, until 100K most cars don’t have problems in our days, after 100k it's used car. I've always keep car just over 100k, than trade or better sell it.
    "May be it needs for Ford TX?!"
    I had extended warranty for Explorer; dealer gave away for free, or may be left from previous owner. So for 5 years i never use it.
    I've always keep car just over 100k,

How long do you think it will take you to put $100K on your Acadia? I guess you won't be in the market for another car until then.

Actually, since you had a trouble-free Explorer for 5 years I'd think you'd get another Ford since you've had such good luck from them!
    yes I do if Ford will have good model. Before Acadia came up and I had smaller family, I thought to buy Edge. I have test drove for whole day. it's good car. Only one problem needs little more power or better trans. settings. The trans and power ratio one of the biggest problem in domestics cars. They look underpower, compare to made in japan. The best ratio power in the Nissan cars.
    Maybe because Nissan is going for power and many of the domestics are trying for better MPG...depends on what you want. Do you need the power for towing, or do you just like the extra zip when you press the gas?
    However, the VC is not called "the Hyundai" but rather "the Veracruz" is their name of choice for it. It's like they are afraid to call it by the mfrs name.

Very interesting.

In fact we're talking about Hyundai in this thread, if you want to hop over and share that tidbit:

ateixeira, "Is There Room in the Luxury Market for Hyundai?" #1141, 18 Jan 2008 10:38 am

Hyundai wants to make Kia their value brand and move Hyundai upscale, but as good as the cars are, the memory of the name is still a handicap IMHO.

It's simply hard to fathom that the company that used to make the Excel and Scoupe make the Veracruz. Night and day.

Maybe they should launch a new brand?

Bad timing, as we approach a likely recession. Remember right before the last one, Mazda yanked plans for their upscale division, what was it going to be called, Amati IIRC?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I think you're doing a trolling. You don't have any position, you're swinging between different cars. So, give me you're "better choice", that I can recored for future refernces.

I refuse - there is no "better choice" overall. It will vary along with each person's likes and needs.

I'm not supporting one car over another here, because to each his own best choice. It's a shame you don't (or refuse to) understand that important fact.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I think you're doing a trolling.

This stops here. The next personal snipe by anyone gets a personal letter from me. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    For example it doesn’t have variable effort steering as option.

For once you are right...it's not an option. It is standard. :P

At least do a little research before you blast someone's choice.
    I'm OK if vad doesn't like my car. I'll get over it. Eventually. :cry:

You made a good choice with the Acadia vad. I think you should enjoy it. Just because I, or others, felt another vehicle was better than the Acadia for me/us, don't sweat it so much. I'm not sure what you are chasing. Are you looking for every member to agree that the Acadia is the best of the lot and end the discussion there?

You've shared your feelings on the matter - abundantly. I (and the others) hear you. But it may be time to move past. I don't think any of the vehicles in this thread are bad choices. In fact I think they are all very good choices. I've driven pretty much all of them, some several times. We're fortunate we all have the resources to even consider them in our car purchase decision.

I'll try and lead us in another, slightly more productive, positive direction...

The CX9 SUCKS! :P
    The CX9 SUCKS!

I have to go against that. The CX-9 was a great example of breaking the mold. I like that they tried to bring sport CUV to the mainstream- and they were decently succesful (It doesn't look awesome, but they did a decent styling job.
    Sorry. My poor attempt at levity I suppose. The CX9 does not suck. It's quite good in fact.
    Remember right before the last one, Mazda yanked plans for their upscale division, what was it going to be called, Amati IIRC?

That's correct. Remember, Mazda was in rough shape back then. Mazda did actually produce a luxury vehicle under the Amati name, but, since the brand never launched, they named it the Millenia. I still get people to this day looking for the Millenia, or the current Mazda equivalent, and the Mazda6 just dose not quite cut it.

I think Mazda needs to perfect their brand quality and image before they can attempt a launch of a luxury line again. I'm actually surprised that Nissan succeeded with Infiniti, considering they were in dire straights when they launched Infiniti.
    I had a Millenia S. It was really a seriously under appreciated car. Very nice car to roll up big miles on trips in. Not the best handling car I've ever owned, but that wasn't really it's mission. The controls were very good and it was very reliable. On the down side, it depreciated like crazy I bought it used so I didn't get killed as bad as the first owner) and considering the size of the v-6, the gas mileage was pretty poor.
    What you just said it what I hear constantly. People loved it. Mazda never got a chance to refine it, and just kicked it to the curb after 2002. The only other car Mazda was going to place in the Amati name was the Eunos Cosmo, a 300hp rotary luxury vehicle with technology similar to i-drive from BMW, only 10 years earlier. The car was way ahead of its time.

Back to crossovers!
  • ylzylz Member Posts: 45
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but am about to purchase a 2008 Tribeca 5 Pas/Limited. Now I am really torn about getting the black exterior with beige interior or the diamond gray exterior with gray interior. I wanted black on black but obviously that's not possible. The beige interior is much nicer in person and I always wanted a black SUV. But people keep telling me to stay away from black cars cause they're so dam hard to keep clean. Has anyone that had a black car share some insight to this. Now the diamond gray color is also gorgeous on the outside. You guys let me know which one you like better. Thanks.
  • barnstormer64barnstormer64 Member Posts: 1,106
    White is actually harder to keep clean than black is.
    White is actually harder to keep clean than black is

White carpet. I'd say black leather is harder to keep clean.
    So the Explorer really does move to a unibody platform. In my oppinion, If the production vehhicle looks half as good in comparison to this as the Flex looks in comparison to the Fairlane concept, Ford's got a hit. And it can't be all about looks either. Ford has to include some of the features from the concept, like the turbo 4 and six.
  • freealfasfreealfas Member Posts: 652
    we have a black/black limited FS and I'm not sure I would get black again despite it looking great when clean. It really does not take long for it to look dirty once washed. mine is parked on the street though and if you are garaging yours that might sway me to think about getting it. other than that if it's a day in/day out ride clean is going to be a challenge.

in the end though get what you like as you are the one making the payments and looking at it everyday... good luck
  • txbricklayertxbricklayer Member Posts: 16
    I bought a black Impala for my granddaughter.

That's the color she asked for-----------now regrets the choice----too hard to keep it looking clean.
    And it can't be all about looks either. Ford has to include some of the features from the concept, like the turbo 4 and six.

Take this with a grain of salt right now, but the info I've read on a Ford forum is that the next Explorer, which will be unibody, is slated for production in Summer 2009 as a 2010 model. Right about the same time a new Taurus is due on a new version of the D3 (Volvo XC90, S80, Taurus, Taurus X, etc) platform. It seems like the next Explorer might use that platform too. Should keep the price down and the safety up if nothing else.

I can't see why they wouldn't use the EcoBoost I4 and V6 with the new unibody chassis. Towing will be limited by the chassis anyway so a V8 or a big V6 are unnecessary IMO. Looks like Ford will be telling everyone who needs to tow anything over 3500 or 4000 lbs to buy an F-150 or Expedition.

The new blowns engines are said, by Ford, to increase fuel econ over the current Explorer's V6 and V8 by 20% and 30%. However they don't say which one increases by 20% or 30%. Given the 4.0L Cologne V6s age I'd guess it is the one that gets a 30% boost in fuel econ by being replaced with a more powerful blow I4. That would mean it goes from 13 city to 17 city and 19 highway to 25 highway.

I'll be watching this one very closely. If they do it right then it might be worth waiting for. They need to get rid of the "bold" grille though IMO.
  • humblecoderhumblecoder Member Posts: 125
    I've owned two black cars (not a Tribeca though). I have to agree that black is a tough color to keep clean. Any amount of dust, dirt, or salt stands out! In addition, in the summer time, a black car is super hot when it's been sitting in the sun.

After my first black car, I told myself that I wouldn't get another. However, when I was purchased the second black car, it was the end of the model year so I pretty much had to take what the dealer had.
    Congrats in advance, I truly enjoyed test driving the Tribeca and the pearlescent paint colors on it are gorgeous. The black contrasts nicely with the chrome and when clean probably looks best.

Having said that, black will keep you up at night. It can look dirty the day after you wash it, as any dust will show. Swirl marks from polishing will also show easily. And top it off with a very light colored beige interior which will show foot prints when your kids step in with muddy feet, and that's about the worst color combo from a practical stand point.

It pains me to say that because I think the beige interior actually does look better, but why oh why did they choose such a light shade? How 'bout a mocha color or something?

So gorgeous color combo, yes, but high maintenance.

The diamond gray pearl coat is also sort of dark, but better than black for sure, and the dark gray interior won't look dirty the 2nd day you own it.
  • barnstormer64barnstormer64 Member Posts: 1,106
    White is actually harder to keep clean than black is.

Arrrg, I gotta quit posting so early in the morning (or was it late at night) :P

I, of course, had that completely backwards (at least for cars).

Lighter vehicles are actually easier to keep *looking* clean than darker vehicles.
  • chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    >> but [CR] categorize the Outlander in the Forester's class, and the Subaru scores higher by their measures.

I was not very familiar with Forester, but after looking at its specs I would say it’s quite miserably equipped vs. the Outlander. And don’t see where the Forester “sores higher”. Forester has none of these: Xenons, LED, 40 GB hard drive based Navigation, music server, FAST key, keyless start, rear view camera, parking sensors, premium stereo with 650-watt amplifier, DVD player, 6-speed auto transmission, sportronic stick shifter, paddle shifters, steering wheel stereo and cruise controls, triple mode AWD, 3rd row seat which includes front/side air bags, split 2nd row seat. In addition the Outlander comes with 5/10 warranty, free 5 year roadside assistance, V6 which is smoother vs. 4cyl turbo, using regular gasoline. The 2008 Outlander according to Consumer Reports also has the best predicted reliability in the small SUV class (along with Honda Element).

>> The just-released 2009 model has 8.9" of ground clearance and is as much as crossover as anything else in the class, if not more so.

It’s not quite released yet. But even 2009 model is still under equipped, missing many of the features I listed above and available on 2007 Outlander.