Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Infiniti G35 Problems

Comments

• ttmttm Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I do/did. This is an acknowledged problem by Infiniti, its one of their service bulletins. Take it in and they will fix for free. The reason I say do/did is that I have taken it for this problem and they worked on it once, but did not fix it. I just took it in last week for them to fix again. I have yet to do over 70mph because I take surface streets to work. This weekend I will see if they fixed it. I will let them try one more time if I hear this weekend, before I tell them to replace the whole driver's side back door.
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    You guys must be hearing something a whole lot more serious than what I hear.
    I have no wind noise that comes at a level to complain about and certainly nothing to justify the replacement of a rear door! :surprise:
  • ttmttm Member Posts: 3
    Hey Scottm123, don't get me wrong. The noise can only be heard when I have the stereo off or on low volume. It's more annoying then anything. It's a hissing noise, but you can tell it's a leak. Infiniti totally acknowledges the problem as per the service update. I just don't like the fact that I have this nice car and it's got such a annoying thing like this. My whole reason for a replacement door is that they acknowledge the problem, I think its fair that I am willing to give them 3 tries to fix (should be fixed the first time), it would just be easier for them to order a door and stick on then me coming back every month to them saying it's still there replacing the rubber stripping and doing all the work again. I feel bad bringing it in every month. Other than that love the car!!!!
  • trudesaitrudesai Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for all the help. Yeah its definitely this hissing sound. The weird thing to me is that it wasnt happening when I first go the car. Then one day i'm driving on the highway I hear it and its still there. Is that service bulletin on their website? Other than that this car is freakin awesome.
  • kandbert1kandbert1 Member Posts: 9
    I have had my G35X for almost three months and 3300 miles. No problem so far. I absolutely love it. However there are a few things I think Infiniti could have done or made standard.

First, The car does not have auto locks. Ifigure this day and age with the thought of car jackings this would be a standard feature. As I drive off I have to remember to pres the lock button to secure the kids in the the back seat.

Second, Heated mirrors would have been a plus. The dew thelast few mornings has made backing out of my driveway a small problem.

Third, Backup sensors. I no they have a the package with the tv monitor on the trunck, but at this day and age this should be standard on all cars and suv's. I reallymiss that feaure on my Expedition.

Fourth, The ability to scroll down on the music. You can only see six songs. If you touch the down on the screen or use the wheel it changes the song. Not thought out well.

Just some thoughts on this car. I really enjoy the ride and the sounds system kick some rearend.
  • desidoggdesidogg Member Posts: 26
    One thing that bugs me about the power windows is that if have the disable switch for the rear windows on, then not only are the rear windows disbabled, but I cannot lower them either using the buttons by the driver side. What the hell was infiniti thinking?

Normally, the rear window disable switch is overridden by the drivers controls, as it is on every other car I've driven. This way one can limit the access by kids but yet still have control.
    Second, Heated mirrors would have been a plus. The dew thelast few mornings has made backing out of my driveway a small problem.

Good News!
    If you have a G35x, your outside mirrors are heated.

From the manual:
    Defrosting outside mirrors (if so
    equipped)

The outside mirrors will be heated when
    the rear window defroster switch is operated.

Shame on your salesperson for not showing you that. :P
  • loshita99loshita99 Member Posts: 1
    I have my 07 G35x for just a little over 3 weeks when I came out of the salon one night I couldn't get into my own car. I ended up pulling out the mechanical key out and opening the door, but it still wouldn't start the car. It just kept telling me that there is no key, but I had my key fob the entire time. Apparently, THERE IS NO MANUAL WAY TO TURN THIS VEHICLE ON. If the key fob doesn't work, and even if you try to put it into the key fob slot, if it doesn't recognize your key fob...there is now way of turning this vehicle on. Before I found out that there is NO MANAUL WAY TO TURN ON THIS VEHICLE, I panic, I was stranded in a parking lot @ 10 o clock @ night, and was thinking there has got to be a way to turn this thing on manually, so I took out the mechanical key and try to find somewhere to put it in. NOPE! I eventually got so scared that I stuck it into the key fob slot and gotten it stuck. I eventually had to call emergency roadside and wait for a tow truck to come tow the vehicle back to the dealership. But before he towed the vehicle away, he attempted to get the mechanical key out of the key fob slot with his screw driver and scratched up my dashboard. The dealership has yet to tell me exactly what the reasoning is behind me not being able to enter into MY OWN VEHICLE, MUCH LESS START IT. Now they want me to pay $700 to replace that damaged part! I've been without a vehicle now for 5 days, and they didn't even had the courtesy to provide me with a loaner.
  • ocg35manocg35man Member Posts: 52
    I am sorry to hear this frustrating problem with not so "Intelligent Key"!
    I have a 05 G35 sedan with intelligent key, but it seems to
    be different system than yours. So far, I haven't had problems with it, just had to replace battery on one fob.

I believe this is a serious problem and Infiniti is already
    working on replacing those keys for 07 G35 owners.
    Considering that you only had this car for 3 weeks, Infiniti
    and dealership should pay for all or most part of this repair. And also should give you a loaner at no charge.
    I would go back and be very deligent and speak with G.M. or
    Service manager and demand to take care of this problem.
    Remember, cry baby gets fed, so you have to do what you have
    to do in this situation. If they are not very helpful, call
    Infiniti and also tell the dealership you will go to a local
    T.V. station to report your disatisfaction. Most likely that
    will get the attention, especially if they are a large dealership.

good luck
  • wysguymdwysguymd Member Posts: 6
    Here's an article about this problem from Reuters:

"DETROIT (Reuters) - Nissan North America (7201.T: Quote, Profile, Research has a warning for customers: placing your electronic key too close to your cellphone could leave you stranded.

The automaker is asking customers driving new models of two of its flagship sedans to keep their car keys and cellphones at least an inch apart to avoid disabling the "intelligent keys."

Cellphones kept near Nissan's I-Keys -- wireless devices designed to allow drivers to enter and start their cars at the push of a button -- can erase the electronic code on the keys, rendering them unable to unlock or start the cars.

The problem has occurred on the 2007 Nissan Altima and Infiniti G35 sedans -- two of their top-selling models, the company said on Thursday.

"We discovered that if the I-Key touches a cellphone, outgoing or incoming calls have the potential to alter the electronic code inside the I-Key," Nissan spokesman Kyle Bazemore said.

"The car won't start and the I-Key cannot be reprogrammed," he added.

The problem has occurred in a "very small percentage" of cars sold, Bazemore said. He also said a new version of the I-Key would be available in the fall.

Bazemore said current owners have been notified of the potential glitch via mail and can get new keys from dealers if they encounter the problem."
  • kb124kb124 Member Posts: 60
    Okay. We've had this car for about 3-weeks. My wife and I drive to meet the family at a restaurant. I have the key and am the driver. I get out of the car, shut the driver door, and press the lock button. My brother meets me about 10 feet from the car, and we talk about something. I am waiting for my wife to join me. I see she is still in the car. So I go back and open the door and ask what is going on. She says I locked her in the car!

She swears she tried to open the door and couldn't. Then she tried using the door unlock button on the driver's side, to no avail.

Was this just 'user' error of some sort? Or is this how this car works?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    They should/must give you a loaner.

But before he towed the vehicle away, he attempted to get the mechanical key out of the key fob slot with his screw driver and scratched up my dashboard.

Why did you put the mechanical key into the slot? You need to put the whole remote in there.

If you damaged other part of the car, I think you should pay for that (to be fair). However, you can always ask them to do it for free or some discount.
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    sounds kinda funny, but it sounds like operator error. There really shouldn't be any reason that she couldn't just manually unlock the door as a worst case scenario.
  • rgreen06rgreen06 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2007 Infiniti G35x in November 2006 and as of today, it has about 13,300 miles on it. Until today, I've had no major complaints or repair issues.

However, this morning, I start my car and start driving when the ABS, VDC, and SLIP warning lights come on. (This has happened about 3 times before but I would restart the car and the lights would turn off). So I hit the START/STOP button to turn off the car and the car would NOT turn off.

Luckily, I was at the end of my block and I backed the car up to my house. I kept pressing the START/STOP button and finally the engine shut off but the button stayed in "ON" mode. When I tried to restart the car, it wouldn't start.

I had the car towed to my local Infiniti dealership. I explained to them what happened and they said that this is the first case regarding this issue. After several attempts, the technician was able to start the car, but then about seven warning lights came on and have remained on. (My instrument cluster looks like a CHRISTMAS TREE with all the warning lights on).

The dealership is unable to determine the problem and gave me a loaner car. Who knows when I will get it back, but I hope they fix it and fix it correctly. I will let you all know what happens.

So all you 07 G35x drivers, BEWARE!!!!
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    I had the car towed to my local Infiniti dealership. I explained to them what happened and they said that this is the first case regarding this issue. After several attempts, the technician was able to start the car, but then about seven warning lights came on and have remained on. (My instrument cluster looks like a CHRISTMAS TREE with all the warning lights on).

The dealership is unable to determine the problem and gave me a loaner car. Who knows when I will get it back, but I hope they fix it and fix it correctly. I will let you all know what happens.

So all you 07 G35x drivers, BEWARE!!!!

Please keep us informed. Good luck.
    sounds like it's something to do with the ECM. It's the main computer that controls the vehicle. I had a similar problem with mine, however mine happened while driving and basically I lost all power control. The engine was just idleing and it wouldn't do anything when I hit the gas. Fortunately I had enough momentum to get me thru an intersection so that I could restart the car. After the restart all of the warning lights went off except for the check engine light. Unfortunately for me this happened back in January when the car was very new and it took a couple of weeks for the part to arrive. This was of course after they tried a couple of other unsuccessful fixes. All in all, I was out of my vehicle for almost a month but the consumer affairs dept was very pleasant to deal with and re-imbursed me a full month of my lease payments and a full month of my insurance...and I had a loaner to drive for the entire time. Hopefully, the parts will be more readily avail now...if that is indeed the same problem that you have. I guess it also didn't help that at the time I had probably one of the only Sport models with EVERY option on it in all of California, and each ECM is different depending on the options you have (i.e. you can't take one from a Journey w/ Nav and put it into a Sport w/ Nav and 4WAS). Good luck!
  • jbourne1jbourne1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, i was hoping someone could answer this question for myself and others. I have noticed that the "un-lock" portion of the button on the 2007 g35 is NOT illuminated but the "lock" portion of the same button is. Is this a defect or does infiniti not illuminate the un-lock portion of the button on the g35? Thank you in advance for the answer/s
  • crazyyakoocrazyyakoo Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone experienced the problems of lost voicetags? I got into my car yesterday and all the phonebook voicetags were missing. It struck me as strange since the voicetags for the navigation were still there -- "Destination Home" worked but "Phonebook Home" didn't. Anyone know the cause/solution to this problem? Thanks!
    Known issue that the dealer is aware of, and there is a fix for it.
    I don't know the TSB off hand, but it's known.

I'll update if/when I find details
  • dohturdimadohturdima Member Posts: 14
    Bought my G35x 5 days ago, and noticed the dreaded "Service Engine Soon" on the panel lit up. Brought the car to the dealership, they are looking at it right now. Strange... I did not try to push past 3,000 rpms... first time something like this happened on a new car for me. So naturally I am worried, brought the car to the dealership this morning - and it turns out someone did not screw the gas cap tightly enough, which caused the light to go on. So take note - if your SES light goes on :confuse: , check the gas cap first :D
    Wow! This is good to know. How about this occurring after the warranty expires and they charge you for this service trip? Uuuggh!
    The gas cap is a well known issue as it happens in almost all cars now.
    I first learned this all important tip when the wife bought her 2000 Honda Accord.
    That was one of the first things the sales person warned her of when she was taking delivery.
  • im2kleenim2kleen Member Posts: 7
    Known issue....lol...yeah it's known as the "Oil Consumption Problem"....i suggest you try to get your money back.
  • g35floodedg35flooded Member Posts: 44
    I went out to eat the other night and gave the valet guy my key without the remote. He was able to drive it and park it in the lot.

After I finished eating the valet guy went to get my car but he couldn't start the engine with the "valet key".

The car needed the remote to start... Is this normal? My salesmen forgot to give me an instruction manual so I'm not sure if this is a problem with my remote/key or if this is normal?

The valet guy said he's driven the 07 G35 a bunch of times and said it doesn't need the whole remote to start... Hense the name being "valet key".

I have an 07 G35X
    The key doesn't start the car, the fob does.

You're supposed to take the key out, lock your trunk and glove box, and hand him the fob.... not the key.
    The key only opens the door and glove box.
    It has nothing to do with the ignition, which is keyless.
    ahh i see.. I was told if I took the key out of the fob the car only can travel at 15 mph... is this true?
    No...not true.

The key does absolutely nothing but unlock the car's door.

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but I'd suggest a new source. ;)
    > My salesmen forgot to give me an instruction manual so I'm not sure if this is a problem with my remote/key or if this is normal?
    If you bought this car new, I would immediately demand an instruction manual from your dealer.
    I agree... Although I have thin hands I cant get to the controls when I'm wearing my watch. Good thing for the memory seats otherwise I would be very annoyed by this.
    Curious if anybody else has experienced this 'problem'....

With the Alarm button placement on the Intelligent Key, I have on a number of occassions accidentally activated the car alarm. For example, the key is in my pocket. I lean against a counter and the alarm key is accidentally depressed. Next thing you know, the car alarm is activated.

I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee for 8-years that also had a key alarm button. Never once in the time I owned it did this accidental alarm activation occur. I have had the Infiniti for 3-months and this has occurred at least 5-times.

It just seems that the alarm button is fairly easy to activate. Maybe it should have been indented more into the key molding to make this a bit harder to occur. Just a thought.
    That's actually kind of funny because I had the exact OPPOSITE problem. I have yet to have a problem with the alarm button on the Infiniti, however when I had a Grand Cherokee, I had that happen a few times ;)
    I have an 07 G and for the first time last weekend, the alarm went off in my garage.
    I was outside on the ground, assembling a lawn aerator, and my fob was in my pocket. With the way I was sitting, the fob got pinched and the alarm went off.
    It's the only time it's happened since getting the car in April.

I also had a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee and yes, I also set that alarm off as well.

Did everyone here go from a Jeep to a G???
    Small world.
    > Did everyone here go from a Jeep to a G???
    :)
    If there is any fact to this, Infiniti should take note. Time for a targeted marketing blitz.
    actually...I went from a Jeep to a G35 (2003) to a G35 (2007). Man...what a difference between 2003 and 2007 ;)
  • dohturdimadohturdima Member Posts: 14
    The dealer said this happens a lot and they don't charge for something like this
  • david_fldavid_fl Member Posts: 17
    I have been deciding out which car I am going to purchase and have pretty much decided on the G35 sedan. During my first test drive of the car everything went just fine. I took my wife in the past weekend and we went on a longer test drive and took it on the highway as almost 80% of our driving is highway. I was SHOCKED by the amount of wind and highway noise I was hearing in the car. Based on that experience I am now rethinking my decision on purchasing the G35.

I am wondering if anybody that owns the car experiences this problem? If road and wind noise is an issue talking on cell phone or just a relaxing drive with the radio off.

I am coming from driving a 2007 BMW 328, which I find to be a smooth quiet ride.
  • desidoggdesidogg Member Posts: 26
    I own a G35 S... It is noisier than my old Altima with increased road noise. The wind noise is about the same I think.

I think this is due to the firmer suspesion as well as the sport tires. The increased noise caught me surprise too... I mentioned this earlier on this site but other people have not had a similar problem... Maybe my insulation didnt get properly installed at the factory?
    It could have something to do with the roads you are on.
    My 07 G35x is quieter than the wife's 06 MDX.

I'm not unhappy with the road noise.
    I live in South Florida and we took the car for a test drive on the turnpike which I drive on pretty much everyday of the week. I drove a portion of the route I take for work and just was amazed as how loud and windy it is in the car at high speeds.

Perhaps it could be the tires on the car, that your G35x uses different size or brand? But that still does not account for the wind noise, it almost sounded like someone was sticking their hand out the window. Maybe its just a bad design and the side mirrors were not made to cut through the wind or something?

Maybe the thing to do is go back to the dealership and test drive a different car and see if it was just an isolated incident. If this is how it really is I would think there would be more complaints out there and I have not seen that many so I do have hope it was just a bad car I was in.
    The car came with Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires.
    They're okay, but I certainly wouldn't put them on my top 5 list and once they're worn down some, they'll be replaced.

As for wind noise...
    My car is not what I would consider Lexus LS quiet, but it isn't that bad either.
    I've heard one or two other people complain about bad wind noise, but it's not wide spread either.
    In fact, thinking back to the beginning of 07, some people said that the weather stripping on the door's corners were coming free.
    I don't have that problem, but if that's occurring at all, it would cause some pretty loud wind at highway speed...something else to look for.
    I would definitely consider another test drive in a different car.

Your description is WAY louder than mine.
    At highway speed (75), I can carry on a comfortable conversation with the wife.
    I can also hear my 4 yr old in the back seat, who is always very soft spoken.
  • maninbizmaninbiz Member Posts: 3
    Well that is nice but,cuasing problems to the dealer will change nothing to the fact that infiniti cant give you an eta on parts.Let me remind you that your selling dealer did not bild tha car,& that it is bilt by men therefore its shure that sometimes there will be failures.if you have a problem with our car you shold contact infiniti.As far as that ecm issue its not a common thing.
    Having a problem with a new car dose not make it a lemond...
    Did I step through some sort of 'Time Vortex'??? :confuse:

Why are we responding to posts from almost one year ago? ;)
    no kidding...I was just wondering that....and it was MY problem. Fortunately it has long since been taken care of ;)
    Well your right,these guys must just like to complain,a car is a car & for 20000$ less then bmw for a better car.this sounds like frustrated guys that cant afford an infiniti.
    ...or spelling lessons :P
    maninbiz I am befuddled by your comments.

As far as people complaining, isn't the title of the forum "2007 Infiniti Problems". I would think that as a community this would be a place that people would be able to communicate issues and problems they have or are experiencing. Also as a place that would lend some insight as to how some of those problems have been resolved.

A car is not car, if that were the case we would all be driving Hyundai Elantra's A car is something different to every person. There are no "good" or "bad" cars, if that were the case, then there would have never been any Yugo's, Pinto's or even Daewoo's purchased and on the road. What there are is different opinions, preferences and perceived values to every car.

Now your statement about BMW (and most people on here) is a bit off. I will not argue the fact that BMW's have a much higher MSRP price, but almost 90% of all new BMW's are sold as leases and BMW has historically had unusually low lease money factors and bizarrely high residual values. Making it an actually lower priced car if you choose to lease. Purchasing, yes, it is going to cost you more there is no doubt about it.

One last thought, and this seems to really confuse most car salesmen I have been dealing with. Just because somebody can afford something does not mean that is what they want. It seems the common theme is most people find the maximum amount they can spend each month and that will dictate which car they will buy and can pay for. If that where the case with me I would be looking at a Rolls or Maybach. The cars I am deciding between right now are the Infiniti G35, FX35 and the Honda Civic and my choice will be based upon where I feel I am getting the best perceived value.
    And my question and concern about wind noise is valid, the noise it makes is not going to make me deaf and after 3 or 4 days in the car I would not even hear or notice it, but right now, doing test drives, I do notice it and is a concern in my decision process.

Just my thoughts I decided to share with the world :P
  • samtutsamtut Member Posts: 10
    "I can also hear my 4 yr old in the back seat, who is always very soft spoken."

Clearly your experiences are not very representative!
    Thanks David. I'm completely with you on this one.

The problem I have found with these particular forums is that you get all kinds coming in.
    I'm just as guilty, I suppose.
    I own a G35 and an MDX but I hang in the TL forums quite a bit as well.
    The difference between me and those I have issues with is this...
    I go into these forums and try to answer questions and give helpful advice. I know a little bit about the TL as it was second on my list when the G came home with me. I go there and wait in the shadows until something comes up that I can help with. I don't wait for a problem post and then pounce on it.

What happens here is, if I post something in the "G35 Problems" thread, there's always someone right there to bash it and talk about how the TL or the 3-Series doesn't do that.
    This stuff drives me nuts, but I've learned to just filter them out as much as possible.
    It's gonna happen and there's nothing that can be done about it, but it keeps me from posting questions, and I just stick to posting advice and answers.

I spend a good amount of time here and help out whenever possible, but I save my technical issues for when I get home and access some dedicated G35 sites, where this behavior doesn't occur.
    "I can also hear my 4 yr old in the back seat, who is always very soft spoken."

Clearly your experiences are not very representative!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    Have you found otherwise, or are you going by trudesai & ttm's experience?

You have an 08 on order... did you test drive result in unacceptable wind noise?