Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Infiniti G35 Problems

14567810»

Comments

• crazyhorse627crazyhorse627 Member Posts: 3
    I am hearing a noise from the rear of my 2007 G35 near trunk area whenever I hit a little bump. It sound like "click" noise. I don't think it's from the rear windows, but just cannot isolate the problem. Does anyone have same type of noise coming from rear of car? I think it might be from the trunk area. I removed everything including spare tire but still can hear it. Thanks!
  • crazyhorse627crazyhorse627 Member Posts: 3
    It actually sound more like "tick, tick". When i am driving on a smooth road, I don't hear the rattle noise.
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    try having someone sit in the rear seat to determine the side of the car- i would check under it as well maybe something lodged
  • 2004g35titan2004g35titan Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2004 G35 AWD after one week, this morning when leaving my parking garage I hear exactly what you experiencing, when I am on the highway the drive is smooth, but when i am driving at a slow pace I hear a noise, however, after I returned home in the garage I push the trunk up and down, I did hear the squeaking noise, so I am assuming its a suspension problem or something, and will be visiting the dealer tomorrow :) I will post whatever the resolution is thanks
  • 2004g35titan2004g35titan Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2004 G35
    I had it detailed today, and as I exited the car wash, the slip light came on and disappeared but it only came on because the tires spinned or something but light never came back on! anyone every had this problem
  • rusutmrusutm Member Posts: 2
    need advice guys..
    i am planing to buy 08infinity fully loaded, from a private dealer,it has 54k on it.
    checked with infinity dealer ,he said font rotors are 30%, and should be replaced after 10k more miles.
    asking 21k$ for it as it is fully loaded.
    do you think it is a good buy ?

pls...reply
  • bettysmombettysmom Member Posts: 1
    So I bought a G35 a yr ago with 27k. It has 41k on it right now and might be having clutch problems. 4 months ago my friend said it started smelling funny and we checked the breaks and it wasnt the brakes. I have had the car for a year and while switching gears sometimes the clutch pedal well press all the way down and won't offer any resistance..i checked the internet and found out about the clutch slave assembly recall...It happened to my friend while she was driving the car and she said it smelled funny. So question is it the assembly or does the clutch need replacing...need advice on avenues of how to approach this so i do not get cheated by a mechanic.
  • asweetie0102asweetie0102 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I noticed that you referenced working at a dealership so I am hoping that you can help me with my question. I own a 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan and 4 days ago I turned it on and it started revving itself. It was in park revving as well as when my foot was on the break. Once I put it in drive and took my foot off the break the car would accelerate as much as 40mph almost completely skipping 1st gear. Is it out of warranty and has been at a local shop since that day and they are having trouble finding out what is wrong with it. I also checked all recalls on this car and I do not see anything. Any idea what the issue could be?
  • asweetie0102asweetie0102 Member Posts: 2
    I own a 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan and 4 days ago I turned it on and it started revving itself. It was in park revving as well as when my foot was on the break. Once I put it in drive and took my foot off the break the car would accelerate as much as 40mph almost completely skipping 1st gear. Is it out of warranty and has been at a local shop since that day and they are having trouble finding out what is wrong with it. I also checked all recalls on this car and I do not see anything.

Any idea what the issue could be? Anyone else having the same issue?
  • gprostgprost Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2006 G35 sedan from a dealer in California when it had 11,000 miles and was 1 year old. I was assured the 4 year warrantee was valid throughout North America.

Within a year the paint began to delaminate, not from the front, but from the sides and rear of the car. The (Calgary) Infiniti dealer's response: see if the car had been in an accident and repainted. If not, the paint chips are due to road hazard.

I checked with the original dealer, who assured me the car had not been in an accident. I also checked with CarFAX, with the same result. I took the car to several local paint shops and the concensus was that the paint is not bonding properly to the primer. I asked for a review by my car insurance company. Their response: the paint is not bonding properly with the primer.

I asked for a review by Infiniti of North America and was told I could drive the car to Spokane so that an Infiniti rep could inspect it. I drove the car 400 miles to Spokane and presented the rep with the paint shop and insurance assessments. Their response was that the peeling paint on the sides and rear of the car are due to "environmental road damage" and Infiniti is not responsible. When it was pointed out that the paint on the front and hood is not peeling, and the windshield is not pitted, yet paint is flaking off the sides and rear of the car, the Infiniti rep's comment: "this is not a warrantee issue."

The seat belt retracter guide does not work well. It has a slit that allows the belt to come out of the guide and flop around where it is difficult to grab while in the seat. This is a bad design.

The radio is not set to work at low temperatures (-10 C and below): the static is so bad that you can't hear anything. Perhaps something in the wiring needs to be fixed or insulated.

Overall impression: this luxury sports car is not worth the money, and Infiniti/Nissan North America both miss-represent their warrantee and do not provide the service one would expect of a luxury car.
  • jcramptonjcrampton Member Posts: 1
    I have a G35x and have had the same problem a few times, but only when it rains for a couple days. I believe it is related to water getting in the controller system. They replaced the controller system once, and that seemed to do the trick, but the problem recurs 1-2x / year and they do not seem to know what to do.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
  • prttyprncssbprttyprncssb Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I too have recently had the same problem. I own a 2004 g35 that's had airbag light problems. I went in for the recall back in November of 2010. Now every time it rains they airbag warning light comes on in my car. Mind you I have had NO problems prior to this. Infiniti has now diagnosed the car as needing an entire passenger airbag and module at $875 to replace. I'm not happy about the fact that this car had no problems before this recall was completed, now I'm looking at $875 to replace an airbag and module that should NOT be faulty. The airbag has never been deployed and Infiniti cannot give me a reason as to WHY this has happened. On top of that, the part is on a backorder and may not be here for at least 1-2 weeks. If the part is on backorder, then Infiniti should realize this is a problem with this car and should have included this with the recall. I'm very frustrated!
  • hihosilver_g35hihosilver_g35 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, it's been over a year since my first post on this forum.

Since my last post I have added a Borla cat-back exhaust system. Crazy expensive, but the music from them and along with the JWT intake is amazing. Guys on hyperbikes even take notice when I drop down a couple of gears and romp on it. Acceleration is much better as well. The power comes on much more linear throughout the RPM range. I also added 4 new rotors and semi-metallic pads. I went with Brake Performance's Premium Slotted and Cross Dimple Drilled rotors. Makes hard braking a sheer joy on the twisty roads up in the Santa Cruz Mountains here in Cali. Lastly, I went with the newer Bridgestone Serenity Turanza's. I went up to the 235/50/17 size and am finding that they are wearing very evenly and slowly thank god. The grip is great in wet or dry and if and when they break loose, the car is very predictable. At around $1,200 for 4 installed and with all the road hazard warranty stuff, they are not cheap but in the long run I suspect good bang for the buck if I can get more than 40k out of them. Still hate the quality of the some of the interior trim.. On my second shift knob and it's starting to dimple and the finish looks like it wants to start peeling. One spoke of my steering wheel is almost void of that wonder rubbery coating and is revealing a shiny gray base.. Hey, maybe I should just strip all of the rubber off, it will blend in with my Liquid Platinum exterior better. :-)

Still love the baby in general though! Just turned 41k on it!

Peace, good health, and happiness to all, thanks for listening.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    I hope you get many more years of enjoyment out of your G35. I owned a 2003 model, and it was totaled at 108,000 miles in December - never a single mechanical issue with it. I would have kept it for a long time had it not been totaled because I put nothing but regular maintenance $ into it. Hope you have the same experience!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sammyslabsammyslab Member Posts: 5
    HiHoSilver. Sounds like you had a nice G. We still have our 07 G35X. The wife wants to get rid of it. Has right at 13,000 miles right now. If intersted, send me a message.
  • csaeedcsaeed Member Posts: 1
    Wow I thought this was just me. I think they painted this car with water colors. I have never owned a car that scratches so easy. I know I am reading this several years later, but I wanted to know if you got any resolution to this issue, and if so, how do I resolve my issue?
  • gojoannegojoanne Member Posts: 6
    Hi, well I agree with your comment on painted w/ water colors!! I first went to a dealer near me and showed them my hood, they said its environmental and would do nothing. I then took it to the dealer where I purchased it and after really complaining about this they did admit there was a problem w/ some paint. The service mgr. got the hood repainted for me and its been better since then. I will not buy another Infinity though because of their cheap paint, never have had another car do this and I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Tahoes, Ford, etc....
  • rickmcqrickmcq Member Posts: 1
    Have you had a luck with paint? I just bought the car with low miles and it was garage kept. I notice new chips or scratches every time I wash it, some go right to the metal. Other show as white, I hope to have a body shop look at it and maybe they can put a heavy wax on it.
  • paulk7paulk7 Member Posts: 2
    I am driving a 2003 G35. It has been parked in the garage with a full tank of gas for about 4 months with about 30,000 miles on the car. I took it for a drive this morning where the RPM is dropping down to about 600 -650 idling at a traffic light. Normal RPM should be within the range of 700 - 750 RPM. It is as though one of the cylinders is missing. Acceleration is still smooth and responsive. The car has been well cared for and immaculate. Any ideas as to why the car is idling rough when it hasn't even been driven in quite awhile? Thanks in advance.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It might just need a good long run, with a few good stomps on the gas on freeway entrances. Have you added some fresher gas?
  • mescalitomescalito Member Posts: 4
    Several months ago I had check engine light. According to Infiniti dealer service, the catalytic converter went out. About 1500.00 to replace. I ask the service guy if I didn't fix would there be a problem. He said no. I've had the car since new (it'll be 5 years old in December), and it now has 132,000 miles. At the time I was thinking about getting a new vehicle, so I didn't replace it. I've had no problems with the car since then, and I still have it.
    Should I worry about this in the near future?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    edited August 2011
    I don't know the answer but, wow, 132K miles in a little over 4 years? You should buy my 2 years old G b/c I usually put less than 15K miles in 2 years. :cry:
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    edited August 2011
    No, unless you live in an area that requires regular emissions testing.

BTW, bad or marginal O2 sensors (particularly the one(s) in back of the cat) can also lead the OBD-II system to think that the cat is bad.

Worst case scenario is a fire in the cat. This is usually caused by unburned fuel being dumped into the exhaust, such as can happen during a misfire, stuck injector, that sort of thing.
    I rather doubt that the diagnosis was correct. If your catalytic converter was non-functioning, your car would run badly and probably catch fire, too.
    why you crying (a la George Lopez)? no really, it's cool you only have few miles. on the other hand, you've missed precious time with your G (37, right?).
    To be a little more specific, I've driven to Florida several times. Put a couple of grand this year on our New Mexico trip. Truth is, when we travel business or pleasure, I think about renting a car, but blow it off, being so use to driving my car. I've never had a car this long, yet I've never had a car perform so well.
    Thanks to all who answered my inquiry. A further update since my post-after retired for almost 5 years, I decided to go job hunting, and guess where I ended up? At the local Infiniti dealership as a porter in the sales department. And what just happened? My TPM lights up, and I drop it off at the service dept, and go to work. Later I'm told the BCM has gone out, with one of the air fuel sensors. Thank goodness for employee discounts. I was told this was not related to the Cat problem. I talk to the tech, and in all likelyhood, the other sensor would eventually go out as well, although when, he was unsure. Sigh! Anyway, when the right time presents itself, if I see a g/fx that hasn't moved in a couple of months, the dealer will let me buy it at their cost, saving about 2500 bucks. Think I'll wait a while.
  • paulk7paulk7 Member Posts: 2
    Hey thanks, I ended up replacing all 6 spark plugs. Car is running great again, just took it on a 1200 mile drive. Unfortunately, the Dealer charged in excess of 500.00 for the plug replacement.
    Well that's way cheaper than buying a catalytic converter and then finding out that wasn't the problem. Anyway you won't have to do the plugs again for a good long while.
  • edmunds40edmunds40 Member Posts: 3
    Good Day Guys!!
    i have infiniti G35 and at 100k the differential damaged without any reasons. i bought a new one and i replaced it, after that i noticed the cruise control not working well, its only works between 25m/h and 75m/h however when the speed reaches more than 75m/h the cruise control stop, and (SET) which in the meter after 75m/h comes flashing and the cruise control stop working at all unless i have to restart the engine.
    how do I resolve this issue??
    i would be highly appreciated your comments
    regards,
    Bari
    some problem with a speed sensor or sensor connector, I would guess.
  • rusutmrusutm Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I have 07 g35 , my headlights are getting ON/OFF by iteself even it is fully sunnny outside(more than 90 outside temperature),
    it is supposed to turn ON only if light is dim right?? ,

any idea what might be problem
    I've never had problems with either. I'll ask the techs at work, and see what they say. Hopefully, they can provide us with some good feedback.
    many thanks for yor reply
    Dear Mr. Mescalito,

I would like to thaank you for replying me. And i am waiting your feedback.
    appreciated it...

regards
    Bari
  • infinitiownr1infinitiownr1 Member Posts: 1
    I also have had 2 different airbag problems and get this. None were covered under my extended warranty. The first problem was the $900 module like explained by someone else. Then 6 months later I had a rear side air bag curtain go faulty. I went to my local mechanic for the 2nd and he told me basically we can fix this part and hope the error message clears for good but it could still be the other module( there are a few in the car) I complained to Infiniti No Care about the cost and issue not being covered by warranty and got nowhere and they refuse to admit there is a known problem but after hearing from so many others it is obvious. My 2004G35x drives great but I'll admit I've never had more work done on any car in my life. Hood hinges replaced. Brakes and rotors get eaten on a regular basis with this car. TPMS system has never worked regardless of tire pressure, tires used or any solution attempted. Suspension parts replaced with 75k on car. Exhaust had hole in between connections and dealer tried to replace for $1700...I did it for $75. Window motor cable replaced when squeaking nose was evident. And I'll tell you one thing the people doing the actual work at the dealer here in NY have not impressed me once yet.
  • jb1950jb1950 Member Posts: 3
    Mr. Shiftright could grab the handle of Mr Silver Lining! LOL
    I'm an optimist now because every bad thing that can happen to a person working on cars has already happened to me. :P
  • michaelrxmichaelrx Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever figure out what caused this? It's happening to me, and it's driving me nuts.
  • 86caprirs86caprirs Member Posts: 1
    Hope someone can help me out on this one. It's pretty tight in the engine bay. My friend's G35x is making some kind of clanging noise once the car is started. The noise sounds like something is hitting metal. I've "sort of" pinpointed the noise to the A/C compressor and possibly belt tensioner making the clanging noise, but I can't be too sure.
    If anyone knows, please send me an email. I appreciate it - thanks.
    I have a G '07, but have never heard what you're hearing. I do work at an Infiniti dealership, and will ask tomorrow if any of the techs know. In turn, I'll send whatever response I get, in turn, tomorrow.