Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Is Hyundai supporting the Azera?

2»

Comments

• drdonrsdrdonrs Member Posts: 164
    I knew they would get it going. I think the advertising is being handled by a new agency. Also in discussing the lack of advertising with "my" sales manager ( I stop by the dealership from time to time to say hello) he informed me that Hyundai had reduced their advertising budget by millions and funneled the money to shore-up the dealerships. It does appear that they are back up and running with a more pointed add campaign. I have not seen the Azzy ads, but I know there is lots of chatter going on what with the introduction of the concept car, Genesis. I have read interviews with a number of the Hyundai executives such as John Krafcik, and they are definitely going for the big boys in the industry. My only concern is will their dealerships be up for the task? In the NY area a number of dealerships have gone out of business and my dealership's service department at Hyundai of Westchester is being swamped, this from the service manager. I hope it all works out because I think the new Hyundai models over the past couple of years are really in the thick of it. Just saw the latest Consumer Report magazine which has a major article on small SUV's and the new Santa Fe is ranked #2 just behind the Toyota RAV4. Since it is new they won't check rate it until they have a handle on its reliability.
    I think Hyundai has every manufacturer looking. Now people have to get over their "badge snobbery" and they can have a fine car like the Azera among other models.
  • washronwashron Member Posts: 5
    Pat. We need to pick up the 2008-2009 Hyundai Genesis discussion from the main forum. If you look at the Hyundai goals for the past 3 years regarding puting out 7 new cars in 3 years they have accomplished everything. The new Genesis will only add to the value of all Hyundai cars. I think it is time we looked at the "big picture" of what "our" company is trying to do. The total Hyundai lineup is giving more established cars a run for their money. The Genesis will continue to be a big topic, please add it to our forum. :);)
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    RE. 53: There is already a Genesis Forum, well attended too.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f12c019/88

Or just enter Huyndai Genesis
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I've linked it to this group so it may also be found in the discussion list here.
  • derrelhgreenderrelhgreen Member Posts: 234
    Muchos Gracias Pat

:)
    Sure thing! :)
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,920
    Until recently, there was a good inventory of 2006 Azeras, but dealers advertised and sold most of the remaining 06s. Very few 07s to choose from. Hyundai.com hasn't even updated to reflect the new GLS with 3.3 and SE with 17",XM, etc. What's up? Is Hyundai giving up on the Azera in favor of the Genesis? Ie, is the Azera discontinued?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Pat: Re. # 58

May I suggest this post be moved over to the "Genesis" thread? "sda" raises an interesting question.

Thanks.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    I doubt Hyundai is "giving up on the Azera". The Azera and proposed Genesis are aimed at different segments of the market.
    Hyundai has resumed advertising the Azera. I have seen several over the past few weeks. They changed advertising agencies recently. There is no evidence that the Azzy will be neglected. The Genesis is not a substitute for the Azzy. My dealer, Hyundai of Westchester in Yonkers NY has several 2006 SE's in stock and is offering them at under $20,000. This is an exceptional dealership and with a little negotiating you can pick up a new Azera for less than the price of the Sonata. My son just picked up a new 2007 Santa Fe and so we have purchased 3 cars in the last 15 months, which includes my 06 Sonata LX6 and 06 Azera Limited. Anyone in the metro NY area would be well served to try this dealership. I have never been more happy with my cars and the dealer, sales and service. :)
    Don
    RE. # 61 "and with a little negotiating you can pick up a new Azera for less than the price of the Sonata."
    I sure wish your NY dealer had a branch in CA.
    This is a very appropriate discussion for that conversation. Check the title. ;)
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Ironically, the new ad agency is not the ones which designed those smart move ads.
    For those on the fence, $1,000 rebate on all trims, $299 monthly lease on SE, $500 Valued Owner coupon.

Source: HyundaiUSA "Specials in CA"
  • msazzyindcmsazzyindc Member Posts: 118
    They are promoting the Sonata and Santa Fe. What about my baby, she's cuter? :confuse:
    Hyundai is currently running a series of "DUH" ad campaigns, including:

Two Santa Fe stand-alone
    One Sonata stand-alone
    Tuscon, Santa Fe, Veracruz with Tucson details/offers at end
    Elantra, Sonata, Azera with Azera details/offers at end
  • msazzyindcmsazzyindc Member Posts: 118
    Initially my response was that I have not seen this commercial with all three and I'll be darn 10 mins later here it comes on TV. :P

They still are not showing how cute she (AZZY) is. They need to have a commercial showing the inside.

But it's about time. :)
  • stcroixboystcroixboy Member Posts: 63
    Just received my September issue of Automobile Magazine with a decent two page Azera ad. Glad to see that they are supporting it!
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    DUH------It should say Dumb.....
    These ad say NOTHING about the cars just pictures.
    Seems to me that advertising should get your interest
    and say something other then DUH
    How about showing features that you get and the great value
    that they offer. Sure they says they have leasing plans BUT why do I need the buy the advertised cars???
    Hyundai has a funny name from a Korean company and DUH
    they don't tell you why you should buy from them DUH...
    They seem to be blanketing the Madison, WI area with local, cable and Sat. with these ads. BUT what a waste of ad money. I LOVE MY BLACK AZERA :=)
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    I agree. I find this ad repulsive and stupid.I guess thats the market they are going after.It sure wouldn't have caused me to look at an Azera.
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    re 72
    Absolutely one of the finest ads for automobiles running. Now, if they can just get the dealers to conform to this style of addressing the consumer. :)
    van
    Re 73: Strange how a huge company, with constantly improving product, on the verge of launching a further upgraded sedan with rwd/v8, senses the need to change their AD agency.....still misses the crucial link. :confuse:
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    Against my better judgement I purchased another Hyunadi.

My wife and I are in the market for a new vehicle. The new Veracruz looks intriguing. Some of the comments left on that model's boards, however, mention a few things the dealers seem to be having difficulting fixing.

So decided to jump over to this Azera board to see if there were similar experiences. Yep.

Also looked at the XG350 board. Same thing.

We decided against Hyundai. A good warranty on paper isn't too valuable if the dealer service network can't support it. It also explains why Hyundai resale value suffers.

Hyundai has come a long way from its days of dumping pure junk on this market, that is true; but it still has a long way to go before it can capture the trust and confidence of American buyers.
    Part of the TAI campaign.
  • jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    Surprising you looked at these forums and saw Azera's as problem cars. Except for early 06 models the Azera has been roundly praised by virtually every owner who has posted.

While there was an initial unfamiliarity with the new model, that too has mostly passed. What you do see is that some Hyundai dealers are not customer oriented. However, this is equally true of virtually every make on the market, and certainly no worse for Hyundai owners than the complaints about dealers of all but a few high end brands. But, to each his own. I have had both an XG and now an 07 Azera, from the same dealer.
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    Your response was totally predictable, Jaymagic, as you have been a strong supporter of these cars throughout these boards. I understand and sympathize with your attempts to help bolster Hyundai's image for the sake of improving your car's resale value. Good luck and best wishes.
    The "title" above is a suggestion for a new Azera thread.

Perhaps the supposed marketing strength of Huyndai's warranty is a consumer rope-a-dope, and maybe some dweeb in Korea monitors this forum.
    I don't know that any of us can know someone else's true motivation for posting what they do, but there are plenty of people around here who are very enthusiastic about their Azeras. Sympathy is not necessary! :shades:
    Sounds like a helpful subject - let's talk about it over here: Hyundai Azera Service. That's the perfect place for it.
  • cicerobillcicerobill Member Posts: 9
    And good luck to you, tsu670! I hope you are very happy with whatever brand and model you choose. Hopefully, your new purchase will be trouble free for years to come and your resale will be satisfactory to you. Frankly, I couldn't care less what Hyundai's "image" is and don't really care about the resale. If I were concerned with image, I would buy one of the European sedans that bolster an insecure persons image of self worth. I am a middle aged man with a sucessful business and could buy any car I wanted. I like the looks of the Azera and was very impressed with the test drive, so I bought one and am very happy with the car. If image is a concern to you, I would suggest you go buy a car that will appeal to you. Why would you waste your time on this site? Good bye to you, sir.
  • garym1jgarym1j Member Posts: 46
    I concur with your philosophy of life. I also enjoy my Azera; had not problems, and if I do, heck, it is only a car. If this one causes problems I'll get it fixed. I realize it is an electro-mechanical complicated device which may have stray electron or part malfuction from time to time. I beleve all things can be fixed.
  • dfwfrankdfwfrank Member Posts: 25
    I agree with you. I had two Avalons over the last 6 years, 4 Camrys for 12 years (we lease) had to take both Avalons in for reliability issues, first one needed a new trany after one month. My wife and I enjoy the Azera (2007 Ulitmate Premium, build date 4/4/07) a lot. She is the main driver and she is very picky about things and right now she loves it. Very few cars are perfect. My coworkers drive MB, Lexus, and BMW, among others and some of the stories I hear from them about service issues and problems, price of car does not buy a perfect car.

Regarding Hyundai supporting Azera. Here in DFW there are ads on radio, TV, 1/3 page ads in Dallas Morning News. These are not dealer specific ads.
  • dfwfrankdfwfrank Member Posts: 25
    Just saw an Azera ad down here in Dallas-Fortworth area. Pretty cute and good. Has a man standing outside holding his water hose and sprayer, you don't see initially what he is spraying but he keeps squirting it and smiles. Finally wife comes out and tells him to stop. Turns out he was spraying his Azera to see the auto-wipers come on and then a message about luxury at a good price.
    I saw the same ad here in the NY area this week. I have seen more ads relating to the Azera recently than ever before. When more people are made to realize that this car has most of the "bells and whistles" that make for a luxury experience, and that the quality is, in most cases, at a high level and they overcome "badge snobbery" it is a no brainer to consider Azera. The price is unbeatable and the only thing holding back Hyundai, in my opinion, may be a somewhat weak group of dealerships in some cases. I have been most fortunate to have had an excellent dealership experience in both sales and service. It remains to be seen if Hyundai really can support the newer models present and yet to be introduced. It's one thing to sell a car but then you have to support it with good service and customer relations. However as with all businesses there are some that are excellent and some that just don't measure up. Hyundai is producing a good, and in many instances, an excellent product. The way to compete effectively with the superstars in the business is to support the product with excellent followup service. That's how you put your name out front.
    Don
    That particular is one of several national spots on the Azera, and part of the "Think About It" campaign. The whole campaign should last until at least year-end, with variation of ad spots on the overall branding and for specific models.
  • ms090870ms090870 Member Posts: 9
    Wow, I find it so interesting that you would try to praise American made cars so much. Even the car makers have little to no faith in there product because all they could offer where those great "3 year or 30,000 mile" warranties. American made cars are substandard to foreign cars. The only reason American car makers changed their warranties is because they knew that they where losing SO much business to the foreign markets because they did not stand behind there products. In addition to that, how many billions of dollars where poured into the foreign auto maker industry to bail them out?

Exactly what do you think we, the American public will get out of that?
  • sgtdevlinusmcsgtdevlinusmc Member Posts: 13
    I don't know that I really understand the purpose/intent of this topic. It seems like not many others do either. The almost 2 year hiatus between the last two messages says tons about the topic. I think you should close it down for now. IMHO
This discussion has been closed.