Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX Problem with stability system

Comments

• cathy01cathy01 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell the location of the fuse on the ABS system that you said eliminates the stability control problem.
  • dontbuycaddysdontbuycaddys Member Posts: 10
    I have been posting on this forum for several weeks. I received the message from Mariah wanting my vin# etc.. still nothing about a recall for Stability system. I don't think it will be resolved this way but I do plan to continue my posts on here.

Anyone else receive any resolution yet?
  • crapilaccrapilac Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 srx that decided to spin out on wet pavement and cause an uncontrollable 720 degree double circle. I was accelerating up to 50 mph when it just lost control. I complained to the dealer from the first service day which there has been over 50 days of service on this lemon. The dealer said the computer said it is work fine. They have a service recall on the steering sensor since July and have not contacted me. I have had traction control on more than 10 carrs and trucks and this is the first control problem I have experienced. This is a major defective computer control unit and everyone needs to complain to the NHTSA as I did today in writing and start a case investigation. There are many similar problems listed by SRX owners as far back as 2004.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Crapilac,
    Is the concern still present in your vehicle or was it fixed? Has the recall been performed? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • eperkins30eperkins30 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2004 cadillac srx just about two years ago. In that time I have had to replace my blinkers twice and the last time was two months ago, they are already not working. Dishing out 200 hundred dollars to fix blinkers is beyond ridiculous and to have them stop working after two months is so frustrating. I've also had to have the tire gauges replaced and it still tells me to check my tire pressure. The stability system is what worries me the most, being jerked to the side going 65mph is scary. Ive had two power steering flushes and it still turns awful. My car only has 66,000 miles on it and id rather have my 2001 chevy cavalier that I traded in for it!!!!!
  • elamelam Member Posts: 17
    Well folks- here is the gist of Cadillac- Mariah, who monitors the site, will contact you and promise to have someone from their customer service contact you. That person will be from Boston and is programmed like a robot. They will ask you all kinds of unrelated questions, including have you owned a GM car before. This is to strengthen their case that you are an idiot and do not know how to maintain a GM< product. without all of the details, they will state that there is nothing they can do, but are willing (out of the goodness of their heart) to offer you a $1,500 discount towards a new Cadillac. Yep, they are that stupid, thinking you will forget how they treated you and you will be dumb enought to buy another GM product.

My fix with the System stabilty and transfer case was $1700, which I had done somewhere else. I received a 100,000 mile warranty on the new transfer case, something Gm would not provide even close to that.

they lost my loyalty along time ago, when they, and the dealer started to lie about things. they promised to fix the system stability when they found it, as it was still under warranty whne we complaind about a year prio. When it came time to fix it, the dealer wanted to tell me I did not know what I was talking about.

I am interested in joining others to seek a class action suit- and probably could get Stan Chesley in Cincinnati to do it. Love to hear your thoughts on doing so....
  • gerrigungerrigun Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 'o4 SRX new;@ $49k, not until June of this year have I ever had a problem with this car., other than changing the tires that were not quality Michelin tires. My local dealership rotated the tires incorrectly last year, and I drove the car for several months before this was recognized My question : did this cause the stability system to go haywire? The dealership said that the tire rotation didn't cause any problem with my car. Is this true? I was planning on buying a new SRX in 11, but , after reading all these problems I doubt that this is going to happen
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    My wife loves our 08' SRX, and i've had very little problems with it, but this is another reason why I only lease these.
  • huldafolkhuldafolk Member Posts: 6
    I am having a problem that mech can't find solution for.
    When I accelerate from a stop/ even very slowly and straight, I will have the TRACTION SYSTEM ACTIVE display on the screen. No chance of slip in the driving. Mech could find any problem. On hard acceleration I have heard an awful :confuse: grinding noise and have had times when the car will lose power for a moment until I take off the pressure on accelerator pedal and then reapply acceleration. ??? any suggestions??
  • caddyfearcaddyfear Member Posts: 2
    How about heart attacks? The first time it happened to me I was on a newly paved part of interstate 40 in AZ going the speed limit, 75!! I thought it was a big wind gust between the mountain pass. Then it happened again 10 mins later, but much more violent. I drove the rest of the way at 40MPH which is another risky thing at night! After looking at the manual I thought maybe the newly paved very smooth road had a bit of oil on it in the 100 degree heat, so I forgot about it. Today I was out on a desert highway and it happened again, which is why I'm online looking at this tonight. This has been a Caddy problem for a long time if the guy with the 1999 saw the 'fix' in his manual! And the other guy's manual said to stop and re-start the car constantly! C'MON GM! If you can't solve the problem, DON'T SELL US THE DEATH TRAP!!!!! What a load of crap saying they've never seen this before!! Are we just collateral damage or small statistics in the big profit picture, like the drug companies???? RECALL!! FINES!! JAIL!!! :lemon:
  • caddyfearcaddyfear Member Posts: 2
    Yes, get rid of the car while you're still alive! I'm going to!
  • tormentedtormented Member Posts: 1
    Time for some up-beat news.... My 04 V6 Rear wheel drive CRX with 71000 miles has had no issues at all! The only thing I wasn't happy about was that I could not plug in my Ipod into the radio until I discovered that the input jacks on the (RES),Rear Entertainment System, with the right cord, allowed me to plugin my Ipod, just set the radio to AUX, problem solved. Not everyone has had bad luck with their Caddy.
    Better frame this- you obviously have not waited long enough. Just remember- you will soon experience the the same problems as the rest of us.- just give it a few more miles. And if not- you need to really brag about your car- you will jhave one of very few that have not failed-

Hey Mariah- how about that car- going to offer him $1500 for a new one uet????
  • klasboy1klasboy1 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I have a 2004 CADILAC SRX for 5 years it is a very poorly designed SUV
    I begged my wife to get rid of it when I purchased a SUZUKI GRAND VITARA,
    It goes through breaks every 10,000 miles. It has Stability issues. It has rack and pinion issues....................we are stuck with it. Now I get a recall for a problem with check engine light cataletic converter issues. I am so upset. I put 50,000 miles on my Suzuki with NO ISSUES. NOW YOU WONDER WHY nobody wants to BUY AMERICAN, I am an Electrician in a very high position. I speak to 1000 men every Monday.........I am a union Electrician. I always start my SPEECH(CONFERENCE CALL) WITH A WARNING ABOUT PURCHASING A SRX. BEING A UNION MAN it is sad to say. THE SRX is a high priced piece of JUNK. I COULD HAVE PURCHASED
    2 SUZUKI'S for what I paid for the SRX. I am so dissatisfied I could cry. I am now going to bring it in for the latest recall. It makes you wonder why they never offered
    100,000 mile power train warranty. You are lucky if the car makes 100,000 miles.
    THE SUZUKI WILL GO 200,000 miles I am sure.. I have spent so much money on repairs I lost track. I guess I will drive it until it dies. IT so sad we can not make a good American car. I would never purchase an American car again especially a CADILAC, Customer service is horrible, Suzuki calls all the time to see if I am happy. Whoever Mariah is from CADILAC, if I were her I would start looking for another JOB, PONTIAC WENT OUT OF BUSINESS CADILAC WILL BE NEXT
    MARIAH I can be reached at klasboy@aol.com. I would love to hear your response
  • crapilaccrapilac Member Posts: 2
    I worked with the service manage at Covert Cadillac to resolve the spin out I had and they replaced the traction control master sensor in the steering wheel. This sensor is located in a different location to the older SRX's and is not on the recall. I have tried many times to make the SRX loose traction and can not. This proves the Stability Control sensor which was defective from the factory was my problem. So If your are have stability control problems demand that the dealer replace it. I will be waiting for the class action suit that is on the horizon.
  • synmansynman Member Posts: 3
    My issue with traction control seems to have come too and end. Took vehicle into Cadillac dealer and in 2 hours in waiting room vehicle returned, charge 1 hour diagnoisics. Have had no return of previous issues with traction control.
  • wiley12wiley12 Member Posts: 4
    I'm having the same issue. What did the dealer say the problem was? How did they fix it?
    Vehicle Stability Warning.

I too am having the same issue, My children ride with me and this is my only car. What can be done to resolve this very dangerous situation. I almost crashed the other day. Please contact me. (gmcustserv)
    The dealer offered to fix the problem, but not underwarranty, although they clearly admitted we had the problem for a long time. I just took mine to a private mechanic and had it fixed- with no hassles oir deception!! By the way- watch for the transfercase failurte next. that was a $1600 fix at the private mechanic, with a 100K warranty. GM would offer no warranty on their fix- but then a gain, I am not suprised.....

You will likely be contacted by Mariah of GM to offer you some help_ good luck!! All I got out of her and here associates was lip service and an offer to sell me a new car with a $1500 discount. I could not stop laughing at the offfer......

No thanks, my BMW is juist fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wiley12,
    Have you taken your vehicle to the dealer? Please feel free to email me directly. Address the email attention Christina and please include your user name and complete concerns. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Wiley12,

If you look at many of the prior postings- this is exactly what happens. Based on my experience, Next- they will have the GM entity in Conneticut or near there contact you and ask you many questions, including those that are not even related to your issue, basically acusing you of not being qualified to maintain your car, stating they cannot offer you anything, but will offer you $1500 on a new car.

If they don't, good for you, but please let us know.
  • cydricecydrice Member Posts: 1
    My problem is with the transfer case making a LOUD popping sound during quick accelleration from a stop. If this is including in the class action suit I would be very interested in joining.
  • nepcarnepcar Member Posts: 10
    The exact thing happened to me. When I first bought my 04 SRX I was having the stability sensor issue. Dealer could not find the problem. I asked them to replace the sensor and I paid $ 250. The problem did not go away. Late last year I was contacted by Mariah and I went to the GM dealer where I paid $100 and the dealer paid some amount to replace the same sensor I had replaced two years earlier.
    The stability senso issue went away now I was told that I have a Drive Head Gasket leak and the dealer is charging $ 3600 to this replaced. Anyone in the Indianapolis area know of a auto shop that can do the gasket replacement cheaper?
    I fixed my problem, I purchased a NEW FORD EXPEDITION, and did so inspite of the bogus $1500 credit GM offered that was in lieu of assisting me. Had GM stepped up, I would have been loyal. However, in my opinion, all I found was one continious lie after another.
    Thanks, Mariah and GM for all of your help, or lack thereof. I have and will continue to tell the story of how GM and the dealer know about the issues, but play stupid. Ironically, I just hired a guy that has similar problems, and similar lack of helpf from GM. Small world isn't it!!!!!!!!
  • babygirl2006babygirl2006 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same model truck and has given me problem the day I got it. You take it to the cadillic dealership, they really don't know the problems. They need to do something to help us out, because if everyone is having the same problems, that should tell them something.
    babygirl2006 ,
    Will you please email me with more information about your situation, along with your VIN and current mileage. I would like to look into this for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • koobelskoobels Member Posts: 5
    i have the same problem with stability system engaged. i had it check at the dealer but they say they can't find any error code. a mechanic even took it home to duplicate the problem. he said it came on but still don't know what to do. i've been driving with this problem for over a year.i just turned it off. also the cd player start shuffling by just opening the door.please help.
  • koobelskoobels Member Posts: 5
    i have this error code keeps coming on po128c and b2470c which is antenna circuit.is there any quick fix for this problem.
  • synmansynman Member Posts: 3
    Capital Cadillac in Smyrna, Ga. Would not say what they found. Still working properly.
    I'd like to speak with you about this solution. Is there a way I can contact you?
    What was the cost of this fix and did you say they didn't say what they found?
  • hatemysrxhatemysrx Member Posts: 1
    On my 2004 SRX, I've the traction control problems, the brakes, the engine light, the shuffling CD player upon which the computer resets; GM replaced the computer, which did nothing to help. My dealer's mechanics and service manager then came up with the line "it's suppose to do that". We've had multiple other problems I've pretty much given up on our dealer. We now get the work done by private mechanics. Trained monkeys could do as good a job as the "certified" GM mechanics at our dealership. I feel completely unsafe in this vehicle. My husband just wants to get rid of it. I'd feel safer in a Pinto.
  • indylindyl Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday, for the 3rd time this year, the check engine AND traction control lights came on...the car chugged along til I could get home. LUCKILY, I was within a mile. We took the car back to the Chevy dealer this AM. They had not gotten to the car by the end of the day. One month ago, this same dealer replaced the throttle body for $500 while I was without a car for a week and a half. Our nearest Cadillac dealer was taken away by GM and the remaining one was too far to take the car in this condition. I also called the last Cadillac 'regional' customer service person (I believe she's in the US, not Philippines) to let her know the problem still existed. She did not return my call. We are very disappointed in the entire GM system. Any solutions?
  • babygirl2006babygirl2006 Member Posts: 2
    You know I am so scared to even take my Cadillac to the dealership. They really don't know what's the problem/s, they will ask us and then they will go from what we tell them. I lost my trust in the Cadillac Dealership, they are a rip off for one and for two they don't want a lot of customers to come back due to the price. I don't see how in the world the 2004 Cadillac SRX's are having the same problem. If that's not enough to tell the dealer or whoever something is wrong with the vehicles, then they are turning a blind eye. I didn't even have my truck a good two years and was already giving me problems. You take it to the dealership for one problem another problem appears. Bump that mess, I hope they have a recall on the issues that was talked about with the model. All the problems that are listed, I had or have.
  • kneelnreelkneelnreel Member Posts: 1
    Hi, My SRX has had the same problems. Loss of power, service engine light then TCS light. Almost wrecked yesterday. Have spent lots of money at Cadillac, We have had the throttle body, computer, wire connectors to throttle body, wire connectors to magnetic pickups, the throttle pedal assembly\sensor, steering column positioning sensor all replaced. They keep telling me that they don't know why its happening. I know Cadillac knows whats going on. But I have spent of $5,000 trying to fix this with no end in sight. Please HELP anyone.
    kneelnreel,

By chance have you contacted GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • indylindyl Member Posts: 3
    OK...2 months ago they replaced (and programmed) my ECM (3 months ago replaced Throttle Body...obviously, that didn't fix it!).

Basically, Cadillac customer reps (I believe I talked to people in 3 countries) just go on what the dealership tells them, period. Unfortunately, the Cadillac dealer was too far away to safely drive to (the government closed the nearest one!), so I was at a Chevy dealer. SOOOOO...we're on our own, especially if you're out of warranty. Sadly, the lack of assistance on the company side will determine our next car purchase, DUH!

So far, my car has been fine. The Cadillac customer service did give me an extended warranty for oil & lubes. I will go the the Caddy dealership for those.

Hang in there...talk to different dealers, check the different blogs. And be like me, don't give up!
  • csmith2011csmith2011 Member Posts: 1
    Im about ready to give up on Cadillac too. I was quoted $150 to change the left front turn signal, I spent $10 on a bulb and did it myself. You have to take the wheel off to get to it. So that was minor. Just spent $2000 on new timing chains two weeks ago, car has 84,000 miles on it. Last week I had to go back to the dealer because the cylinder 1 coil had to be replaced, it was causing it to misfire. That was another $350. Now my check engine light is still on, and I'm getting a check gas cap error, after I just replaced gas cap 2 weeks ago. Dealership says they have to replace ECM to make check engine light go off, that's $750. AND, my rear wheel bearings have gone bad, which I'm told by the local Cadillac dealership will cost about $950 to replace. On top of everything, the service stability system warning turns on every time you drive it, and brakes rumble when it turns on. I agree it should be a safety recall or class action law suit.
    After all of the same issues, and GM's (both dealership and GM Customer service that nmonitors this site) slimy way of handling things, I fixed my problem by buying a new FORD Expedition EL. Great vehicle and no crap to deal with.
    For those that are just reading this, your Cadilac SRX WILL have significant problems that both the dealers and GM customer service are quite well aware of. I had the dealer lie so many times it made me sick. Just check this blog and you will see the numerous SAME problems that arise, and then follow it. A GM customer service rep will make contact asking if they can contact them. Once they get the customer off of the site, they then lead you on a wild goose chase, never providing any remedy. But wait there is more---- they will offer a $1500 credit towards the purchase of a new GM product. I personally had never been so insulted. I guess GM belives everyone is stupid and will consider the offer. Well, GM should consider why it went broke in the first place....

On a more serious note, when there is an accident that involves the SRX problem, GM and the families's attorneys will review these blogs and see just how prevelant this problem is with the SRX. It is seriously dangerous, hence the reason I bought another vehicle.

GM Customer service- just tell me where I have my facts wrong... you can't!!

Good luck SRX owners. Also- I spole to an attorney in Cincinnati that may consider a class action suit against GM on the SRX issue. If there is interest- send a message

sincerely,

New Ford Owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jball4jball4 Member Posts: 1
    :lemon: Same type of problems everyone else is having, I have had my wifes SRX in the shop more time then all of my past vehicles combined. Started with one of the rear window quit working, then started having problems out of the power steering (Have had it worked on 3 different times), It started smoking really bad and had to take it to 2 different mechanics 6 different times to get that fixed(had to have a new coolant pump and a new throttle body), just replaced the low beam head light to a tune of 100.00 and 8 hrs of my labor (found on-line that is was costing people up to 300.00 to have a new bulb put in at the dealerships), now I have another rear window that wont work, my rear window wiper wont work, if I take off to quick or have to climb a steep hill their is a knocking sound that comes from the front end, both rear tire pressure sensors have gone out and cost 150.00 each to replace, and the whole car has started vibrating has I drive down the road (According to the dealership it the tires and I need all new ones) the only thing is I just had new tires put on last summer. Luckily I bought an extended warranty when I bought the car so most of the things that I have had to fix have been covered and only cost me 100.00 deductible each time, even the local dealership told me that i should trade it in because there are so many problems with this model. I wish I could trade it in for something, Probably NOT another Cadillac, but the resale value for the car has dropped so much that I am upside down and have to have several thousand down just to get out of it. :mad:
  • jru2jru2 Member Posts: 5
    The 2004 SRX is a death trap. I was driving on the highway with a motorcycle right behind me and made a tight left hand turn. The steering wheel froze and the engine turned off. I almost killed the motorcyclist and my whole family. Yet GM just decided to ignore the problem. I also found out the engineer that looked at my vehicle because the engine light would not go off "fixed" the car and would not tell me how he managed to get the engine light off. Well I found out how by taking my car to a master mechanic. The GM "Engineer" just unplugged the ECM from the sensors on 9 leads!!!! We all need to get together before GM's 2004 SRX kills someone. It's obvious Cadillac is not doing anything. I need written statements and plan on taking these to a lemon law lawyer/district attorney and will be asking why the The vehicle safety division is not taking any action to our numerous complaints . Please send your statements to johnclarissa@aol.com. I think a nice lawsuite will wake Cadillac up. Even if you get rid of the car can you imagine that you and your family will be sharing the road with these potential death traps.
    CAR ACCIDENT: Speeding Driver Slams into Wall, Killed
    February 22 2010

Irvine &#150; A Cadillac driver who was reportedly going at a high speed along Interstate 5 was ejected from the vehicle and killed Monday after hitting a freeway sound wall, the California Highway Patrol said.

Reports show that the driver of the southbound Cadillac SRX was on the carpool lane at around 10:35 a.m. when he lost control of the vehicle and veered across all lanes before he hit the sound wall.

The vehicle reportedly flipped over and rested on its roof on the Culver Drive on-ramp.

The unidentified driver died at the scene while a male passenger was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries.

Another vehicle had to be towed after it hit a detached wheel of the Cadillac. The on-ramp was closed for at least two hours as authorities remove the debris and investigate the crash.
    Legendary photographer Helmut Newton, 83, died in Los Angeles this afternoon following a single-vehicle car crash. Reports say his 2004 silver Cadillac SRX sped out of control from the driveway of the Chateau Marmont hotel, jumped a curb, and crashed into a low wall and high shrubs across the street. Police spokesperson April Harding said Newton, who was the driver and alone in the car, was transported by the Los Angeles Fire Department EMS to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where he died a short time later.

Police said Newton was alone in the vehicle. Police would not comment on whether the vehicle's air bags were, or were not, deployed in the accident or answer any other questions about the vehicle other than to say the accident "is under investigation."

© Helmut Newton
    Harding said it was not known whether Newton was ill before the crash or whether other factors caused the wreck. Photographs of the scene by well-known Los Angeles freelance photographer Ann Johansson, which moved on the Associated Press news wire, show relatively major front-end damage to the vehicle. They show little or no damage to the driver's area or to the passenger compartment much past the dashboard or to any back area of the late-model car.

Newspaper reports say that people were walking on the sidewalk in front of the hotel driveway and that Newton's car brushed a photographer heading into the hotel before hitting the wall. Johansson, called on Friday night by News Photographer, confirmed that she is the photographer that Newton's vehicle nearly missed hitting, but she did not want to provide any other information about the incident at this time. Newton will be remembered for his dramatic and often erotic black and white photographs of nude women. His work has appeared in Vogue, Elle, Playboy, and countless other magazines around the world, as well as in oversized hardbound books and gallery exhibits.

Born in Berlin in 1920, Newton fled the [non-permissible content removed] in 1938 by moving to Singapore and later became an Austrian citizen. On October 22, 2003, he donated more than 1,000 of his photographs and his archive to the city of Berlin. News reports at the time quoted Newton as saying, "I'm very proud that my photos are returning to the city where I was born. Not just the nudes, but also the portraits, landscapes and snapshots I love to take." The donated images are scheduled to go on display in a gallery in western Berlin that Newton "fell in love with," he said. Newton financed renovation of the gallery building, which is also to be used to showcase the work of young photographers.

Newton is survived by his photographer wife, June, who works under the name Alice Springs. The Newtons have residences in Los Angeles and Monaco. She married Newton in Melbourne, Australia, in 1948 and in 1970 in Paris she became a photographer herself, changing her name to Alice Springs.
    IDAHO STATE POLICE NEWS RELEASE - generated by our News Release ListServer
    DO NOT REPLY
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IDAHO STATE POLICE NEWS RELEASE
    Region 4 Patrol 218 West Yakima, Jerome, ID 83338-5904 (208) 324-6000
    Fax (208) 324-7897
    For further information, contact Capt. Robert Storm at (208) 324-6000 or (208) 736-3070

For Immediate Release: 1/13/2011 8:15 a.m.

On January 13, 2011 at 2:21 a.m. Idaho State Police investigated a one-vehicle injury crash on US93 at milepost 43.6, near the intersection of 2400 East and 4100 North in Twin Falls County. Rebecca Evart, 34, of Spokane, Washington, was northbound on US93 in a Cadillac SRX. For unknown reasons, Evart lost control of the vehicle, drifting across the southbound lanes and off the roadway. The vehicle rolled several times and Evart was partially ejected. She was taken by air ambulance to St. Alphonsus in Boise with serious injuries. Evart was wearing a seatbelt.
    The crash is still under investigation by Trooper Pohanka who was assisted at the scene by Trooper Kilton and Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office and emergency crews.
    edited June 2011
    MANTUA TWP. -- A West Deptford Township man was killed Saturday when he lost control of his car along Harrison Avenue and the vehicle struck a tree, police said.

Leroy Scott, 32, of the Red Bank Run Apartments on Red Bank Avenue died in the 2:50 a.m. crash.

Scott was driving a 2004 Cadillac SRX east on Harrison Avenue when he lost control of the car, police said.

Scott, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the vehicle after it struck the tree.

Police said Scott was driving at a high rate of speed through Woodbury and also along Harrison Avenue moments before the crash.

The driver did not have any identification with him. He was identified using an automated fingerprint identification system.

The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office is assisting township police in the investigation.

Is it me or are these cars all crashing and killing because the owners "LOST CONTROL"??????
  • ldonnerldonner Member Posts: 4
    I purchased this vehicle in 2008 and it has been a complete nightmare. On a consistent basis, the "engine powering down" message randomly pops up and the car completely shuts off. Last week, this happened as I was in the middle of a high-traffic road.

In the last six months I have replaced both the front right and front left blinkers SIX times.

Every single day the "stability control" and "traction control" messages pop up, jolting my car to the left or right. This happens at least twice every morning on my 12 mile drive, with my two children who are under the age of four, to our daycare providers. My biggest fear is that one of these police reports will someday involve me and/or my family because of this deathtrap of a vehicle. Cadillac, GM... PLEASE someone help us resolve these problems asap.
  • rriderrrider Member Posts: 9
    welcome to the club!!!

the only tempoary solution to your problem with the stability control is to push the little button next to the shifter and hold until your screen says the stability control has been turned off. It is important that you hold it down up to 30 seconds.

your lucky it is just the turn signal bulb....wait until the actual power unit goes...that will set you back about 250-300.00 (and there are 2 of them one for each side) and God forbid the rear tailight goes...that will run you about 400.00 because there are no bulbs...the entire unit is LCD and sealed. These costs are not dealer prices either..I have done them myself and purchased parts on line.

GET RID OF THE SRX NOW!!!

If interested I have a laundry list of other defects I have had to deal with in the past 12 months...wheel hubs, transfer case, power window motors, issues with shifter linkage etc.... and only 65,000 miles
  • ldonnerldonner Member Posts: 4
    Wow. This is worse than I though. The problem is... Unlike, GM/Cadillac, If I sold the car, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing someone else might be in danger driving it. Apparently the Cadillac/GM people don't have a problem with that. What is the world coming to?
    ldonner,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    IDONNER- Read my earlier posts to see what (in my opinion and based on my experience) is about to happend to you.

1. GM Customer service monitors the site and will contact you
    2. They will ask you detailed questions, as if you know nothing about maintaining a car
    3. They will likely say they cannot help, but will give you $1500 towards a new car (Ha!!!!)
    4. Back to starting point, just more frustrated