Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX Problem with stability system

Comments

• whatgoingon04whatgoingon04 Member Posts: 1
    I also own a 2004 cadillacsrx. I can identify with some of the concerns expressed by many. Yesterday while on a 40 mile trip my stbility system engage message came on screen, the car jerked to the right. I did not hit a bump or the road conditions were fine. It did this approx. 6 times. It seems like it came from nowhere. Also at that time my drivers door unlocked. which we all know it locks upon driving. I pushed the ock button it locked then it unlocked again, at the same time i had cd on. It shut off and the radio popped on. I was terrified. I was drivig at approx. 72 mph. This message has comeon before would jerk car then it would be fine. Now looking at this I don't see the benefit of keeping this car. Unlike others this is my only vehicle with 3 daughters who has programs to get to as well as myself. So i have no choice but to sell. Which is a very difficult choice to make. And to make it bad i did buy it used from a cadillac dealership as being certified. Everytime i take it in they say nothings wrong with it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know something is wrong. I get many compliments and your soo lucky. I just say thank you and keep it moving. I don't have that much time in a day to explain.
  • gm_familygm_family Member Posts: 1
    I'm on my 5th or 6th trip to the dealership for the same thing. I am now being told that GM has asked the dealership to check the headers for carbon build-up and it's not the computer. My family has a history with GM and currently have 5 GM products within the family and NONE of them have this issue! Definitely frustrating!

Frustrated in Cali!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    gm_family,

I'm sorry to read about your frustrating situation; do you currently have a Service Request open with Customer Assistance (71-**********)? If not, we'd be happy to get one established for you. Please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (including your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, the name of your dealership and more information about your recent visits there for this concern).

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • vhowardvhoward Member Posts: 1
    My current problem with the 2004 SRX is it make a grinding noise from start up and while driving paid 1300.00 to fix it, it's back. now it can't pass inspection. This sounds crazy to me, the dealer is telling me I have to drive the car 300 miles to get it to pass inspection. why would i want to drive 300 miles in a car that can't pass inspection? Can anyone help me make sense of this?
    Good afternoon vhoward,

I'm sorry for any confusion that has come out of your recent repair visit. If we can look into this further for you, please send the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.
    All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • aljimboaljimbo Member Posts: 5
    :lemon: I am the author of messages # 190-191-193 and 201. Here I am, still driving the 04 SRX and wondering when I will again be along the side of the road. If you review my previous messages, you will understand that the car has been paid for for years. NOW, I find myself with another car payment in that the dollars spent on recent non warranty problems have added up so fast that I now have a credit card payment that will take month's to pay off. Sounds crazy, an old man with a balance to repair a car that was to be the pride and joy of retirement . Two or three thousand dollars is a major expendature for me and my wife, my hopes are that the repairs that have been done will allow me to drive the SRX safely for enough time to justify the dollars spent on the vehicle in 2011 and 2012 not to mention previous non warranty years.
  • cmurray2012cmurray2012 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 SRX. I came to the dealer because the car suddenly started cutting off. It shut off while I was driving. I had to hold the gas down to get it off the road. I had my 4 kids in the car. So I had to get it towed to the nearest GM dealer. they told me the line from the brake booster was loose. So I picked it up the next morning. When I got home I left the car running to run and get something out the house. When I come back the battery light is on and the car had cut off. So I try to start it and again it won't start unless I press on the gas. So I called the dealer back and they told me to bring it back. I did I've been sitting here for 3 hours and they haven't found the problem yet. I'm 2 hours from home and pissed to the max. I paid for one thing but its turning out to be something else.
    Hello cmurray2012,

I'm sorry that you had to go back in for the same issue. Please post an update of what they find, if you like, and if we can look into anything further for you feel free to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • elamelam Member Posts: 17
    Sarah,
    I know you are just GM's watchdog (excuse the term), and not the decision maker, but is GM EVER going to take responsibility for this lemon of a car they built, or just keep putting a band aid on it until someone get killed? By now GM just on this site alone has been given fair warning about how unreliable and dangerous this car is. The tragedy is the dealerships know what the problems are, and conveniently can diagnose it when it is to their benefit. I've seen it.

I have many stories to tell, and do not mind sharing them, just so the people that own these things know whats coming from both the dealer and GM.

For once will (Government Motors) tell the truth? Kind of follows the administration that fathered this child.
  • log21stlog21st Member Posts: 4
    I also have a 2004SRX, V6, 2 wheel drive, with 152,000 miles. It has been a good car. Just recently, it started the Stability Waltz that I have read so much about here. First it started to post a message in the msg center that the "Service Stability System", Today the "Stability System Engaged" light came on twice and the car deaccelerated. The light quickly went off and all was fine. I am getting a little concerned. I would like the GM Rep to post for me any recalls associated with this problem and what GM is doing to address this issue. It appears to be a serious safety issue and I don't have much confidence that my dealer will find and fix this problem quickly.... and I am 47 miles from the dealer. I don't want to make to many trips at that mileage.
  • cmurray2012cmurray2012 Member Posts: 2
    They first said a line to my main brake booster was lose and they replaced it and reset my lights. As I was leaving and went home it cut off again. I took it back to the dealer then they said it was my o2 sensors totaling 700 bucks. My engine light never came on. So I told them nevermind I will take my truck home for that price. I'm a working mother of 4 and just got the truck 3 months earlier with 80,000 miles on it. I get it home and my boyfriend's father check it out. The dealership never teste my spark plugs plus my Throttle body gasket was cracked to pieces. Total rip off these dealers Plus the brake line didn't even looked like it had new lines. Can you say REFUND?
  • hoopdaddy1hoopdaddy1 Member Posts: 6
    I too have an 04 SRX that has had the same problem. The dealer first replaced the brake module (ecbm). That didn't fix the problem. The next try was the steering sensor. It appears that may have fixed the problem. We are now 3 days without any "Stability System" messages appearing. Before we couldn't go a mile without the problem appearing. I would recommend having the dealer start with the steering sensor, as it seems to be the fix regardless of what the computer codes say.
    hoopdaddy1,

I'm glad that your dealership was hopefully able to resolve the stability system concern you had been having. Please keep us posted if the situation changes!

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah,
    Would you believe that I called the Cadillac Customer Service today to discuss a Stability System Issue with my 2004 SRV, V6, and I was told that I was the first customer that had called about this issue. Are you kidding me? Are all of the issues posted on Edmunds regarding the stability system bogus?
    Is Edmunds a trusted site by GM or not? Have there been issues on the Stability system reported to GM or not?
    Good evening log21st,

I appreciate how your interaction with the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center would bring forth these questions, and can understand how it must look from your perspective. Hopefully I can bring some clarity to the matter.

Our Customer Assistance Centers (phone-based as well as web-based like myself) are not centrally located; we have different departments and different locations. In addition, we handle each customer on an individual basis - the agent you spoke with may very well not have heard of any Stability System concerns on the Cadillac SRX before depending on the calls he or she had received. Furthermore, customer service representatives have access to very specific resources: open recalls on your particular vehicle, owner's manuals, product information, and so on. We would not be privy to a hypothetical technical discussions by brand quality, documents that would help us to diagnose a vehicle over the phone or web, etc.

It may not be a perfect system, but we're doing what we can within it. This is why Social Media, the department I work in, provides a new perspective for General Motors. We do document threads where a pattern of a particular issue occurs for further consideration, but where that information goes once I log it, I can't say for sure.

When you contacted the Customer Assistance Center, did they set up a Service Request for you? If we can look into it and provide any available updates, please let us know!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah,
    Thanks for your reply to my note on the Stability System Problem. I plan to take my car to an authorized GM Repair shop tomorrow. I have read enough on this site to understand where they should start. Seings that I have no warranty left after 152,000 miles and will be paying the bill, I will take them some info to get started on. Hopefully, they will be able to diagnois and fix the problem. I don't understand why GM doesn't maintain a central data base on these kinds of issues so a Customer Service Rep like I spoke with would be able to answer questions on such a issue. Sounds like to me you are operating in the dark and the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. One mans opinion.......
    Hoopdaddy 1,
    Thanks for your info on this. I plan to go to the GM Dealer tomorrow and the info I have gleened from this site will help me and them to get to the boom of this problem. I have been very pleased with my 2004 SRX. I have 152, 000 miles and it has been a good car. I have gotten my money's worth already. However, I would like to get 200,000 and then sell it. Plan to buy a GMC SUV. Bought 1993, GMC Truck and 2000 GMC Jimmy, both still going strong and have well over 100,000 on each one.
    Good morning log21st,

I hope that all goes well for you during your visit today; thank you for your feedback!
    Looking forward to an update,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • 2004deadsrx2004deadsrx Member Posts: 2
    Hi, my 2004 cadillac srx has been nothing but trouble since i've owned it. I've had a power reduced Issue for so long and dealers only replace and replace parts to no solution and now i am out of warranty with a vehicle full of new dealer parts that runs like crap. New catalytic converter, new plug to throttle body, new throttle body and who knows what else. The vehicle runs and suddenly, power reduced appears and then i can only move under 40mph. I was hoping cadillac would be better than that. Can you please help me really fix my srx. My VIN# is 1GYEE637140151495.
    Good morning,

I'm sorry that your SRX has had so many difficulties over the course of your ownership. When did you take possession of this vehicle, and when was your most recent visit to your dealership for the loss of power issue?

Please send these and further details (your name and contact information, Edmunds username, and the name of your involved dealership) to us at socialmedia@gm.com

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • sylwiasylwia Member Posts: 1
    A couple of days ago I had a scary moment while driving my new Cadillac srx 2012 (I purchased it brand new in February). After shopping, I got into my car, and put the car in reverse in order to get out of the parking lot. I reversed a couple of feet, and then all of a sudden, my car turned off. The engine stopped running, the AC turned off, I could no longer hear the radio, and the GPS screen went dark. After a few seconds, my 2-tons plus luxury car started going forward by itself. Frantically, I tried to brake but was unable to do so. I had no brakes. My car was finally stopped by a small tree on the sidewalk. Thankfully, no one was hurt.
    Dealing with the customer service representative at the Cadillac dealership was a nightmare. They told me that what happened was all my fault. They said I must have "accidentally" pressed the start-stop button, which is pretty much impossible to do so accidentally.
    Is there anyone who has experienced this; the car turning off for no reason and terrible Cadillac customer service? I would really appreciate any responses. Thank you.
    Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience - I can tell you're upset by it and apologize for that.

Looking at the manual (p. 9-17 about the ignition positions), I have a few questions about the event, just to clarify:
    -It sounds as though the vehicle was not in park when this occurred. Did you notice the message "SHIFT TO PARK" appear in the Driver Information Center? This should have occurred if you had accidentally pressed the pushbutton start while not in park, and the vehicle would have gone into ACC/ACCESSORY mode.
    -When the event occurred, I notice you state that you lost your brakes. Did the steering wheel also become difficult to turn? The manual does state that if the vehicle should be turned off while in motion you will lose power assist in both brakes and the steering.
    - Has this happened again?

If we can look into anything further for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via email at socialmedia@gm.com

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • bobby756bobby756 Member Posts: 2
    My 2008 SRX has power reduced issues every time the vehicle gets near water. Rain, car wash it won't run. I'm furious right now because I need to go to the emergency room and it rained last night. I have been towed twice and limped in once. Like the other person I get the same parts replaced only to have it happen again and again. What is the problem!!!!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    edited July 2012
    bobby756,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. Have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? Can you please email me directly with your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I would like to look into this further for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
    Christina,

Why does GM just keep having you do the same old thing? GM has a serious problem with this vehicle and does nothing about it. Yes, you (and Maria) say how sorry you are, and ask for their Vin#, but the real answer is you ultimately say there is nothing you can do, but offer a $1500 discount on a new vehicle, which I could not laugh and turn it down fast enough!!

Just answer the problem: the stability system is a major problem in this car and will get someone killed, as is the transfer case. Oh- have you told them that the exhaust and catalytic converter is actually covered under a "Special" coverage, if you complain enough.

For you new folks to this site. Feel free to write and ask what really happens. I have yet (NOT ONCE) seen any comments on this site that discusses how much GM has done to correct a problem. While GM finally corrected my exhaust, it was not without staying on them and demanding that they fix what should be fixed a long time ago, and what they told me over and over was not covered. It was only after I pressed them that they found the "Special Service", only to have them take months to do so. Glad I bough that FORD to replace it. Otherwise, I would have been without a car....
    Elam,
    Thank you for taking your time to post your concerns. Each case is handled on a case by case basis. We gather the information and review the case. Not all cases are the same. There have been many cases that we have been able to assist. I have provided the links below. If you are having concerns please contact us so we cant look into your situation and concerns at the very least.

btimes2, "Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problem" #422, 2 Mar 2012 11:01 pm

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f10b06a/473#MSG473

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f206d4b/497

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f255869/10#MSG10

Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • lorajokerlorajoker Member Posts: 1
    Ive recently purchased this car. I've had it for two weeks, and already got the converter replaced and now the stability service light keeps coming on. My cruise control got turned off and the car started slowing down from the brake on its own and became hard to drive. I of course freaked out. I called the local caddy dealership and was told to check my tires.....Since it is an V6 AWD, the back two tires are suppose to be different from the front. I checked, and sure enough it has 255/55/18 all the way around. They are suppose to have 255/60/17 on back and 235/65/17 on front. The tech said that the tire sizes would cause an issue with stability system. Why the previous owners did this I have no clue. I'm hoping this fixes the problem, but after reading these post I seriously doubt it. I'll find out shortly. I agree that there should've been a recall done. So far I'm not impressed at all with the SRX.
    I think my last post was in May for the problem. It has been since then that the dealer finally replaced the steering sensor. I have not had a problem since. Everything is working as it should. To the post that has the same size tires all around, I too have the same tires on my SRX and it has not caused a problem. The dealer checked everything and said it was fine although not recommended. I currently have 88K miles on my vehicle and hope to get may more. I do have an aftermarket extended warranty which I am thankful for, otherwise the trekk theough the stability issues would have been expensive.
    Hoopdaddy_ glad you have the warranty- Ours had about the same miles when the transfer case failed. GM would not cover, as it was past the elasped time. can you imagine that?? We purchased a tranfer case from Jasper and had it installed by a third party for less money than GM. It caries a warranty, rather than GM's tail light warranty offered.

Good luck.....
  • gillibustergillibuster Member Posts: 1
    THANK YOU ALL for posting the truth about these cars. I came within a whisker of buying one today. I actually made a lowball offer to the dealer that he rejected.

I needed a bigger car as we are having a baby in OCT.

After coming home I decided to do a little research and stubmled upon this blog. Really dodged a bullet.

I can't buy back everybody's car for them that got screwed but I do want to thank everyone who posted on here.
  • bobby756bobby756 Member Posts: 2
    Christina, How do I email my info directly?
    bobby756,
    Just send me an email to SocialMedia@GM.com. :-)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • lemonsrxlemonsrx Member Posts: 3
    Lucky you!!! These cars are horrible. No what you would ever expect from a "luxury" Cadillac. And the customer service is the worst, once you are out of warranty, they do not help you one bit. Plus these problems have been ongoing for years. Why not fix the problem gm? :lemon:
  • rsimmons21rsimmons21 Member Posts: 1
    my wife and i own a 04 SRX which makes a loud popping noise coming from middle of vehicle. I've had this looked at by 3 different shops noone knows what this is! it only happens from a dead stop until wheels get to rolling. once going about 30 to 50 feet and doesnt do it again until u come to a complete stop! Someone help us due to the fact cadillac wants to charge $135 per visit to check the vehicle and if its not on recall or still warrantied we will have to pay for the repairs! unbelievable.... I do NOT want my wife or dauhter driving this vehicle and it locks up or worse! PLEASE HELP THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!
  • luv2kayakluv2kayak Member Posts: 1
    Thanks all for your comments. Was planning on buying a car this week but I am too frustrated and will keep my 02 Trailblazer with 223K miles because it has been a fantastic car rather than have payments for products that appear to be poorly made these days. Edmunds has been the best site so far for my research and I have invested over 15 hrs. looking at mid size SUV's. Prefer to buy an American made product with great reliability and with current trends it seems impossible at this point. I am also not pleased with the lack of service I see problems get, let alone avoided recalls and changes that should be made when problems are known. A lack of pride and less expensive short cuts taken in manufacturing appear to be at issue. I also do not care for senseless electronic gadgets that will only be an expensive problem down the road to fix. Since when can't we simply turn a key to start a car and have to have a push button ignition? Would be willing to pay more and order a key start as a custom option but can't. Live in the woods and I am in sales and drive a lot & can't afford to be stranded. Hopefully American businesses will take notice and help return jobs and pride to American products and service for purchases many of us WANT to make! Respectfully, a fellow consumer
  • cadlacldycadlacldy Member Posts: 2
    In 2010 I bought a brand new 2010 Cadillac SRX. THis is not the first Cadillac I have owned but it is the first one I have owned that has had so many problems. The first problem was that the clock would not stay changed when we went to daylight savings, after bring it in to the dealer and having a software upgrade it worked until we changed time again and I had to once again take it into the dealer, after going through this several times they finally replaced my radio but I ended up losing two years of data that was stored on my hard drive. Next the car would not start, so I had to get it towed and was told that the battery was bad, they replaced it and fixed the problem. But the inconvenience, lost time and pure embarrassment cannot be undone. Now recently I am driving along and then get a stability light, an engine light, and the vehicle flashes "Engine Power is Reduced" the car literally slowed down, no amount of pushing the gas will make it go any faster, it just got slower and slower until I had coast to the side of the road and call Onstar. I was in the middle of nowhere Mississippi late at night. The car sounds like it is about to explode it's running so badly. It scared me to death! Since that first event I have taken the car in to the dealer on two occasions but it's intermittent so it didn't show up, yesterday I picked it up and they told me they had replaced a throttle motor and it "SHOULD" fix the problem but only time will tell! I need confidence in my car! I have a three year old and a seven year old that I transport daily. What if this happens on the freeway or in traffic. I don't know what to do...please advise.
    cadlacldy,
    We're sorry to hear about the frightening experience you had in your SRX out in Mississippi. If you would like for us to document this, or if you want to just keep in touch with us on this, we can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 of your VIN, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • cadlacldycadlacldy Member Posts: 2
    Last 8 of VIN AS636848.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Please don't post your name, contact info or phone number in our public forums. Thanks.
  • caddysrx4caddysrx4 Member Posts: 1
    I just had my wife tell me she was on the highway driving 60 miles an hour and the brakes came on and the car diverted to the side. She said that this experience really scared her and she didn't feel safe . She told me that the service stabilty message came on the display. The next day i took her car for a test drive and noticed the service stabilty message coming on. I then went on the internet to get an idea about what this problem could be and i was shocked to notice all the complaints coming from different individuals about the same problem. My srx was bought new in 2004 it only has 59000 miles it is basically used by my wife to commute to the train station and to drive the kids around town. I used to be a sevice tech for a major service store, before i even approached a customers house , i already knew what the problem was because of the hidden service flash on the computer. This seems to be a common problem that GM knows about and they are keeping quiet. I think this problem should be either a recall or a message sent out to owners because the consequences of this problem can cause serious harm or eventually death to a cadillac owner. I dont think GM wants to lose a cadillac owner to mercedes or Lexus. That's just what i think
  • dryoungiidryoungii Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    2/26/2013: Today my 2011 SRX ( 27k miles) reduced its speed from 65 to 11 miles per hour (max) after experiencing a fault message of Stability Control Failure. The engine light was on and a message stating that the engine power was being reduced. Highway traffic was whipping by at 75 miles per hour, fortunately the roadway had a shoulder lane. The car was dropped off at the nearest dealer for repair. From reading similar blogs/forums, It sounds like the sevice dept will not find anything to fix. Nervous about using this car for any trips, unless they pinpoint and fix the problem.
    Keep us posted on what you hear from your dealership, dryoungii. If we can be of any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• dryoungiidryoungii Member Posts: 2
    Re: msg # 248, posted by dryoungII on Feb 27th, 2013.
    dianostic of the message center "Stability Control Warning", causing the engine power to be reduced", on my 2011 Cadillac SRX, was caused by the accelerator position sensor. in addition, the "passenger airbag off" was illuminated and the check engine light on. Vehicle was returned to owner on March 2nd. Repairs were made under the factory waranty.
    Great news, dryoungii. Thank you for the update, and we wish you many smooth miles ahead.
  • my_lawyer1my_lawyer1 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    My husband was driving my 2010 srx premium and the stabili-trak warning with a wrench light came on......called the cadi dealer and the service dept ask me first if it was staying on or did it come on and go off.....What difference does it make...it should never come on unless something is wrong right?....WOW... also said the did not have a loaner but my car was still safe to drive...you tell me this with out even looking at the problem first...that in it self is scary.....
    ....bottom line the light is staying on and we have an appointment at the dealers.....

will keep you all posted as to what transpires with this visit to the shop.
    my_lawyer1,
    We're glad to hear that you do have an appointment set up to get this checked into.

Just for some further information for you on why your dealership asked whether the light was staying on or if it was on and then off. The indicator/warning light will flash when the StabiliTrak or traction control system is working to control the vehicle on a low traction surface, but stays on if there is a problem with that system in the vehicle.

Looking forward to updates!
  • dazman63dazman63 Member Posts: 2
    Need help also have 04 SRX and stability system ABS and brake assist light stay on . Call GM customer service and no help, do we actually know what the solution for this problem is?? PLEASE HELP dont want to drive unsafe car
  • dazman63dazman63 Member Posts: 2
    :cry: My 04 SRX also has many of the same problems as the rest: The CD player acts like a cd is stuck and keeps making noise as to spit it out, The all present Stability system,ABS, brake assist light stays on , both turn signal lamps have burned out and after they are changed they burn out again!! Really GM this isnt QUALITY... :cry::cry:
    I have an 04 SRX that continually had the "Stability System Engaged" show on the display and finally got to a point where it would initiate the breaking system to slow the vehicle. Quite scary and dangerous when moving at 65 and it drops you to 30 in a matter of seconds. After much trial and error over a 3 month period, it ended up being a steering sensor (about $200.00 with labor). The computer kept diagnosing as a break sensor (about a $900.00 sensor + labor) which they replaced 1st. Have not had a problem (knock on wood) since they replaced the steering sensor.
  • reggie46reggie46 Member Posts: 1
    2011 Caddy SRX Luxury Edition, 26,000 miles and Stabiltrak light came on and brakes shaking and just started. I read forum and called the dealer and she tells me its a safety issue and cannot drive the vehicle . Can't drive ? How do I get home ? I told her I would drive it right in, about 2 miles from my office.....Nope. Can't get me in until Tues, due to Memorial Day Holiday. She recommended I don't drive. Never, ever had this problem with Lexus, Murano , Acura. I have 1 year to go on this Lease and you can be certain I will not get another Caddy. I tried an "american car" to try to be a good american", but GM hasn't changed. They still can't get it right. Hopefully, it's just an easy repair or reprogamming.
    Reggie