Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX Problem with stability system

Comments

• larrygm30larrygm30 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 SRX with 44000 miles. We live in northern Michigan and get a lot of icy road conditions. The Stability warning has been showing up, but not every time we drive the car? My wife had it come on when she parked on a icy down hill parking space. I called the local dealer and he said I could just ignore it. The dealer also said that the fix is not covered because my car is older that five years.
    I can live with it as long as there is no danger. My wife and I have over sixty years of GM service and would like to continue to support GM. With everything that is going on with the screwing of the salary work force and rewarding the UAW, I think it is time to consider buying a Lexus. I never thought that I would say this.
  • koobelskoobels Member Posts: 5
    i owned a 2004 cadillac srx V6 AWD and have the same problem with stability system engaged keeps coming on and sometimes you feel the vibration.took it to the dealer and could not find an error code.told me to change rear tires since i put same tires as in front.replaced tires and still the same.i don't know what to do next. any new solution to this problem.
  • faithfulrosefaithfulrose Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 and am having the same problem. A message stating "service stability system" comes on every time I drive it. Twice the brakes have locked and made me skid in traffic. I have taken it to a local dealer who said "three different codes came up but we're not certain what the problem really is it will be OK to drive it we'll make some inquiries and get back to you." From what I've read, there needs to be a recall or something done~I would be willing to join a class action suit~this appears to be unsafe and I'm really not comfortable with "it will be OK to drive it."
  • nepcarnepcar Member Posts: 10
    I have written in this thread several time already. I have a 2004 SRX AWD. I always get the Stability System Engaged" Message with some vibration. Sometimes when I step on the brake it appears that the gears are not aligned. I would get a grunting sound then the "griding" would disappear. I have replaced the steering wheel sensor, wire harness has been repositioned. I replaced tires. Once thing I noticed when the temperature got cold here in Indiana the problem disappeared. Yesterday the temp went back to about 38F and the problem came back. I drove from my house in Carmel to Kokomo and all the Stability System Engaged symptoms were back.

MAJOR PROBLEM IS THAT THE DEALERS DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM

HELLLLLPPPPPP
    WHY CAN'T WE REPORT THIS PROBLEM TO THE NHTSA AND MAYBE WE COULD GET GM TO SOLVE OUR PROBLEM.AND WORKED ON IT UNDER WARRANTY.
  • windfordwindford Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    I just filed a compliant about our 2004 Cadillac SRX's Stability Control Issues on the NHSTA site yesterday 04/10/2010. The site was easy to use it took about 5 minutes to file my compliant.

Over the past 120 days I've had my 2004 SRX at the Cadillac store a half dozen times with this issue, they've already replaced the steering speed sensor, I've got stock tires and the problem still exists.

On Saturday without warning the system engaged and jerked me off the road.
  • davidlynn55davidlynn55 Member Posts: 1
    Four times over the past three days my 2004 SRX traction light has come on. When this happens, I lose the ability to accelerate the gas. The motor continues to run but very roughly. When I turn off the car and restart it, everything seems to be fine. Is this the same problem as the stability issue that I am reading on this site? Also, I have been hearing a "rubbing" sound for the past two months. Any ideas what may be happening? I'm very nervous about driving my car!
  • redcaddy04redcaddy04 Member Posts: 2
    Exactly the same has been happening to me. It is very frightening when it happens at 75 mph. Dealer couldn't "recreate the problem", that will be $150 please. The list of problems I've had is too long to put here. At least I now know what the problem is and can tell the dealer to fix it. How do we get GM to listen to us? Lesson learned - never buy the first model year of anything. Bought mine new and just put it in the shop again today for bad ignition coil. Fun. :sick:
  • dontbuycaddysdontbuycaddys Member Posts: 10
    We bought our car 2 years ago and it has been a piece of crap ever since. The turn signal on the drivers front keeps going out and we have had that fixed 2 times. We have had the STABILITY SYSTEM ENGAGED message coming up for about 6 months. I have spoken to several car dealerships and they say there is not a recall for that YET. Of course! They are telling me $500 to replace a sensor if that is the problem but I am not sure with everything that I have read if that will be what fixes it. It jerks you around on the road when the message is displayed. I am scared to even drive the darn thing.I am ready to file a class action law suit.. If anyone is actually moving forward with one please post the information on this message board. I will NEVER buy a Cadillac again and if you are thinking of doing so, be ready for major problems!!
    I just seen your post about the 2004 SRX. sounds like alot of people have had the same problem. What are you thinking of doing? I hate to not feel safe in what I drive.
    Maybe I should try and trade it just to get rid of the problems. Ours is a V8 and we live in Texas, so it won't pass the inspection test until we get something done. It infuriated me that so many people have had the same issue but they won't step up and fix the problem.
  • rriderrrider Member Posts: 9
    just today took the srx in to address the the stability system issue....there have been a number of recalls and apparently some coverage is available via the waaranty till 2013!
    I agree though.....it is unsafe to drive and God help you if it comes on and you try to brake!
    I will get a bill tomorrow I am sure and will update this post then.
    The service managers first words were, "It's probably a sensor module in the steering column ...we will have to run a diagnostic for the codes".
    Having read this as well as many other forums I was prepared and this seemed to improve the overall working relationship. I also asked for a print out he was able to get from the computer using my vin number and to my surprise offers a tremendous amount of information regarding the recalls, warranties and work done over the years...even the previous owners.

goof luck and will keep all up to date as this unfolds.

rob :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Dontbuycaddy's,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. Can you please provide me with your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Mariah, If you look at all the posts here Dontbuycaddy is not the only person who has this problem. My 2004 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD has had this problem for a long time and no Cadillac Service center could find the problem. I have had the sensor replaced, tires changed and other stuff and the problem still happens. Except when I take it to the dealer and they could not reproduce the problem.
    Hello Nepcar,
    I am sorry that your vehicle experienced an issue. Is the problem intermittent is that why they couldn't find the problem? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service.
    Mariah,

The email in that link appears to be very generic. Is there a more speicific email address or phone number where I can share my VIN?

NEPCAR
    Hello Nepcar,
    That email address goes straight to me so that will be fine to use. Thank you,
    Our car is a 2004 Cadillac SRX V8, we have had it 2 years. We have several issues going on with it but I have contacted cadillac dealers in our area and they have told me there is nothing as far as a recall been placed on any of our issues. The first is that the front blinker on the drivers side of the car continues to stop working. We have had it replaced about a year ago and now it needs it again. We live in Texas so it has to pass an inspection every year. It has not been working for a few months now and its time for a new state inspection. The next issue is the stability system engaged warning keeps coming on and jerking us to the right. It will go a little bit early in the morning on the way to work before it starts appearing. Having read everyone complaints and things that have happened to their cadillacs it seems to me that there is a defect somewhere in this system and it should be addressed no matter how old the car is. I am not sure if there is anything you can do to help with the issues. We don't have the money to play a guessing game with the problems on this car. About 2 months into the purchase of the vehicle both back windows came off track and we were told it would be $500 dollars for each window to get them fixed. Also, now just in the past couple of weeks the right rear tire has started to squeal so badly that it is embarassing to driver it anywhere. We went to try and trade the car in and just wash our hands of the whole ordeal but we owed so much on it that we couldn't even get rid of it. We are very frustrated exspecially after hearing SO many complaints about the same issues on this message board. I am glad that someone is actually acknowledging our complaint. I will send you an email with the VIN #, I do not want to post it on here.
    Our car has 56,000 miles on it. We have barely put 10,000 miles in 2 years. I am not sure if anyone has experienced the other problems we have had with our Caddy or not. But we have had the front drivers side blinker replaced and it has already stopped working again so we have to pay around $200 just to get it replaced because they have to take the front bumper off just to get into it. Also, our 2 back windows came off of track or whatevery mechanism it is inside them that rolls them up and down. This happened 2 months into our new Caddy purchase. Over the past few months we have started getting the stability system engaged message and the car will jerk you extremely hard to the right. I have to let off the gas to keep from being jerked off into the ditch. I was trying to get some ideas of exactly what the problem is but it sounds to me like everyone is playing a guessing game with exactly what is defective about the car causing these problems in repeated owners vehicles. I am not willing to invest thousands more into this car with all of the problems owners are still having after trying to fix the sensor, new tires, and many more fixes that have not changed anything about their automobile. Anyone else experienced any of the problems I have?
    Hello Dontbuycaddys,
    I will be looking for your email. If you don't get my response please let me know. Thank you,
    Are you still experiencing the same problems with the Stabilty System? I would really like for someone to step up and take responsibility for making a mistake with these cars and fix it.
    Do you still have your car? We won't to get rid of ours so bad but we went to trade it in and to get rid of it we were going to lose $8000. So we are stuck with it. I am just wondering if you ever found a fix and if this car could still have some manufacturer warranty??
  • swak6287swak6287 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2004 AWD V8 SRX with 3rd row and all, and 76000 miles on it. Carfax shows good record with no recalls. But, after reading y'alls problems with the stability control, and others, i am second guessing myself. Is it really that bad of a car? I mean, of course every vehicle has bad apples in the batch, but are all 2004 awd v8 a lemon? Are there any good things that u guys have to say about ur SRX?
    Honestly, IF I had read these message boards prior to purchasing our Cadillac, I most definitely would not have bought it. I would have purchased the 2008 Dodge Challenger we were looking at. You might want to check on the recalls for the make model and year for yourself. I have looked up information on this car and there are several recalls just nothing covering the electrical stability system nor the electrical problems we are having with the windows blinkers and running lights in the car. If you do decide to purchase it buy the warranty because it sounds like it won't have any when you decide to make the purchase. Our car has 56,500 miles on it and we have only put about 10,000 miles on it in a little over 2 years. We have taken good care of it but it is hard to take care of something that is defected. Beware! The only positive note I will say is that the car is pretty, I love the leather heated seats in the winter (I am always cold). The gas mileage is awful and the car is in need of alot of repairs that they don't even know what is causing... I hope I helped! I have never been so angry at a car manufacturer before this one. This vehicle is our 10th car purchase and I will buy Nissan, Toyota or Honda when I get my next new one.
    I did this today, have not heard anything back. Have you done it yet?
  • pycklespyckles Member Posts: 3
    My mom recently passed away and I inherited her SRX. I drove it to work and back 2 days in a row and the Stability system activate 3 of the 4 legs of the trip. Scared the crap out of me as the back end of the vehicle seemed to sway left about a foot. Work is only 5 miles away so I was really surprised that this occurred that many times in such a short distance. I would also like to be contact by Mariah at GM. I personally haven't had any trouble with anything else, at least not to date.
  • cbnailcbnail Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I have a 2010 SRX Luxury Collection. Starting the second week that I had it, the stabilitrac completely jerked the car away from me. The traction light did not come on. It does it intermittently on curves, uneven pavement, potholes, and change in the road. I am so paranoid about it causing a wreck that I'm scared to drive it long distances. I've taken it back to the dealer but was told nothing was wrong with it. I was even accused of taking the curves too fast, but it has done this numerous times in town going slow rates of speed. I've had the car since Jan. and have searched for others experiencing the same problem. I am so thankful I found this thread because I'm taking it back to the dealer in the morning. I called to see if they could disconnect the stabilitrac but was told that was not possible. This issue is really causing me to consider a trade. Other than this it's an awesome ride! :mad:
    edited July 2010
    i had the same problem with the driver side blinker. i had unfortunately replaced the bulb twice already. it's not an easy job to do.didn't have to remove bumper though. just the wheel well and the bottom covers and a 9/32 socket.
  • sham_caddysham_caddy Member Posts: 5
    I have the same problem with my caddy srx (96K miles). First the "stability system engaged", moments later its "service stability system" and then "service brake assissy". The brakes initially "slip" and will not stop the vehicle as axpected the first time the brakes are applied. It gets a little better thereafter. The CD player continually shuffles even when the engine if turned off, as if a CD/DVD is stuck inside. It has been suggested by a GM dealership that I may have to buy a new player (quoted at about $700, probably will be close to $1000 when they install it). I have taken it to GM dealer twice and they claim the computer can not detect the problem and that they can not "replicate" the problem while they have the car. I am very frustrated and wonder whether GM is seriously trying to encourage us to buy "American". :(
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sometimes you can "reset" CD players by pulling the fuse.

Not your problem, but there's a variation of the fuse trick in the How to Remove a Stuck CD guide.
    Hello Sham_caddy,
    I apologize that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle. Did the dealership ever put a code reader in your vehicle so when the problem occurred you could read the codes? Does the CD player do the shuffling all the time or just intermittently? Thank you,
    ok well I mentioned that I would get back and update as to progress or lack of.
    Took the car in and after waiting a full hour was given a rental for the day...not a cadillac but a buick!
    Left the vehicle in what I thought was capable hands only to be called at about 5:00 pm and advised that they were unable to get codes due to a malfunctioning ecm sensor/module. The problem still exists and was advised they would not be able to ascertain what the issues were until it was installed. Part ordered. Part arrived on this past Monday and I called Tuesday to schedule appointment.

Here is the kicker....I'm sorry nut we do not have anything available until the 29th. I explained the severity of the problem, AGAIN, only to have him tell me that " I'll have to test drive this thing and figure out what is going on" Boy, I wish it was that simple.

After begging he said I could drop it off at night, tonight (wed.) .and he would do his best to get to it.

In the mean time I have been advised that the vehicle needs a new right front hub bearing...$750.00, A new steering rack(only 65K miles) $1450.00, and new tires all around , $1355.00 (which I agreed to and have had replaced at half the cost.

so ...beware . Hill Cadillac quick to give estimates but not so quick to effectively diagnose. I am off for round 2 ..dropping car off tonight, will keep apprised

rob

ps..OH and I have not had the fortune of getting an email from the GM customer service woman who seems to monitor this sight...I guess my problems are just that...mine!
    Thanks for responding. The dealership said they did put a code reader and saw the history but that the problem was no longer activate, suggesting it had self corrected. They told me I "may" need to buy a steering wheel "sensor", but that they are not sure if that will solve the problems I have reported. It comes on in the first 5 minutes when I use it. I bought this car used. There seem to be a CD stuck in there. From the forum, this is not a unique problem to my vehicle, several owners have reported problems with the CD system too. While the engine is on it continues to shuffle even when the radio is turned off, and continues for a while after the car is turned off. The radio sound system is great, but I need all the functionalities of the entertainment system it is supposed to provide. I am almost regretting buying this car. I am frustrated.
    Thanks steve. The GM dealership at one time said they could show me how to remove the fuse to the CD player so that I would not run into battery being drained while the car is off. He spent some good 30 to 45 minutes, me waiting, trying to figure out where the fuse is located, going under the seats, removing panels and eventually telling me this is not going to be an easy fix, and gave up. Now imagine, these are the experts, the makers of the car, failing to do what is supposed to be a very simple task. What about poor me! There are things wrong with this vehicle that GM does not want to address before a LOUD public outcry!
    rrider,
    Same problem as you are having. Good luck. I was initially told the problem would go away and all those warnings would be corrected if I replaced the rear left hand side wheel hub and buy new tires. Wheel, I paid $700 to have the wheel bearing hub replaced and the dealership did not have the rear tire sizes in stock (I wonder why the rear size is different from the front tire sizes). The tires are replaced but I am still having problems.
    Sham-Caddy
    The wheel hub unit, believe it or not, cost me 78.00...it just arrived today in the mail. Watched a couple you tube videos on ow to replace it and discovered the job will take about an hour!!!
    Hope to save about 500.00 on the repair myself but realize this is probably not the issue.
    Dropped the car of tonight and once the ECM module is replaced I am sure they will generate a laundry list of issues...will update tomorrow.

Document everything...I am now in attack mode and will not stop until resolved. Next letter to the president of GM.
    Hello Sham_caddy,
    If you would like I can have an agent look at your situation further. Can you please email me your contact information, VIN, current mileage, dealership and best time to contact you? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Have you tried to put a CD in your player? Sometimes that will get the other CD to pop out. Thank you,
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Heh, sorry to laugh but that is kind of funny. Maybe there's an inline fuse hiding behind the player, or maybe there's one built into the back of the player. Hard to imagine that it's not fused somewhere. Then again, I've never had cause to try to track down the fuse for the cassette decks on either of my cars so who knows.

Sounds like a stuck CD could be part of the issue after all. Good luck!
  • elamelam Member Posts: 17
    I have the same System Stability issue as the rest of you, except ours is no making a serious noise when accelerating from a dead stop. Have any of you experienced the same? It sounds like somethings "knocking" seriously. maybe I have not described it correctly, but I know it makes a lot of noise.

As for the dealers, either their technicians are stupid, or they are all told to sing the same story line of " never have seen this problem, or do not know what it is".

Has anyone actually had success with getting GM to do the right thing?

Thanks
  • huldafolkhuldafolk Member Posts: 6
    I have this happen when I accelerate hard from a stop. The traction control system engages and I get a horrible grinding noise. If I turn the system off with the small button on the middle console> no noise and smooth ,hard acceleration.
    edited July 2010
    Had the problem and it was absolutely without a doubt the transfer case. This engages the all whell drive and as it does so begins to slip. I believe it it is a chain driven large sprocket that begins to skip because the chain has stretched. To prelace at dealership may cost you between 1500-2000. I bought mine on ebay for around 300 and had a friend pull and install. That cost me about 400 for a total of 700.00

sorry this is another problem the srx is known for.

The stability problem is a joke. I took mine to Hill Cadiilac in Pennsylvania and they are typical of most Cadillac dealerships I think. Engine light on, stabiity system engages whenever it feels like, car pulls to the right and brakes begin to rumble and the service guy tells me he has never heard of this. I show him a pack of blogs and he looks at me like I'm an idiot.

Then he tells me 2 days later that the ECM has malfunctioned and they can't get codes off it. Bring the car back in 5 days and replaced the ECM but still no codes. Instead he gives me a list of repairs.
    1. right frt hub needs replacement - 775.00
    2. Power steering rack needs repl - 1154.00
    3. Rear gas shocks need repl - 2230.00
    4. Four new tires - 1153.00

for a grand total of $ 5,513.00

Ok ...My heads is about ready to explode. I get into the car to come home and ponder what to do next and notice that the engine light is still on so I go back inside and say to him, "hey the engine light is still on", He says to me is, and I quote..." well it must not have been on when the mechanic took it for a test drive". I say , "you have got to be kidding me, it has been on for 2 weeks and the one day he has it. it goes off". Well I guess he didn't like being challenged and he called the mechanic to come answer for himself. By this time I'm ready to explode so I just got back in my "unsafe car to operate" as noted on the repair estimate, and drove it home.

Went to local tire store and replaced all four tires, matching Hankook Ventus 18" for $700.00 that includes balancing.

Went to a local parts supplier and got a wheel hub for 75.00 and a friend and I replaced it in 2 hours. Noticed the the inner tie rod was
    what the problem was and not the Steering Rack and replaced that. The part 45.00 and 1 hours time to pull and replace.

So whats left...oh yea. the two rear shocks. Yes there are small tears in the bellow housing and when I asked as to how this might happen to both at the same time was told that, "I don't know...it just does".
    OK well I accept that. I priced out 2 very nice and high end gas adjusted rear shocks for 250.00 a piece and spoke to my mechanic and was advised it could take 2-3 hours to replace because the rear seat needs to be taken out.I'm figuring this will cost me another $700-800.

I've had it with this car. I own three Cadillac's and this one has been far and away the worst. I am unloading it and if you are interested I am selling.

2004 SRX AWD - 65,000 miles - new tires - new rt front hub and inner tie rod - new transfer case - oil chnanges regularly - higher end options are all on this vehicle..... looking for $12,000

This is not an advertisement but if intereted reply on this blog and I may get back.

REPORT THIS PROBLEM WITH STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM - IT IS THE ONLY WAT WE CAN GET SATISFACTION. IN THE MEAN TIME OPEN UP YOUR WALLETS FOLKS AND PAY FOR THE CEO'S NEXT GOLF OUTING OR TRIP TO ARUBA!!!
    rrider,
    You are fortunate to have had the skills and the guts to do some of the things between you and your friend. I imagine hundreds of people like me out there who are suffering or being taken advantage of by those we are meant to trust when it comes to decisions on our cars. I just bought mine and already want to get rid of it too. The list of problems goes on and on on the SRX and yet GM still insists there is nothing wrong with the vehicle design nor is any recalling necessary. I just had the "shuffling CD" replaced for $600. They tell me the "brake module" and a sensor need to be replaced to get rid of the "service stability system" + "service break assist" + the "t/c" and "ABS" lights showing. By the way, about 4 weeks ago, they had told me to replace the wheel bearing hub (one rear one). I paid $700 for it. Now they are speculating I might need to do the same for the front one (hub). Who knows what next they will tell me next, replace all the 4 hubs. I see a lot of guessing games here. By the way, a GM customer service person contacted me and offered to make an appointment for me with one of the GM dealers here in Columbia, SC. After 48 hours, they suggested the problem with all those warnings above can be solved with a new "break module" and "sensor" replacement. They also suggest me to put new tires all around. The painful thing is that GM said they can not help towards the cost of any of these. This is shocking, given that in my case, the previous owner had paid about $1500 to have this "stability" issue resolves about a year ago. Is this going to be a yearly thing then? WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR GM TO INVESTIGATE THIS AND HELP THE "BUY AMERICAN" FAITHFULS? Enough is enough. Someone somewhere ought to listen and do something.
    Hello Elam,
    I apologize that you are having a concern with your vehicle. Have you ever taken the vehicle to a different dealership to get a second opinion? How long has the concern been present? How many times have you had the vehicle at the dealership for the same concern? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Well I have just returned from vacation ( trip to Muskegon Michigan- Lake Michigan is Beautiful) and succesfully completed a 1600 mile trip.
    The stability system decided to become self aware I think and began to act up about half way to destination. Every 10-15 seconds it would come on, the car would pull to the left or to the right, brakes would rumble and the entire vehicle seemed to slow down. It made me sick and the gas mileage certainly suffered.

While sitting in a coffee shop in Muskegon I decided to read the owners manual, which I might add, I should have done long ago and would crecommend that all certified Cadillac mechanics should be required to read and low and behold what did I find?

A partial solution to the problem. It made my wife very happy and as a result we drobe home the 800 miles without a single occurance. MPH average was about 68-70.

Here it is........If you push the T/C button next to the shifter and hold for 5 seconds the stability system will be TURNED OFF!!! The fact that it is in the manual leads me to believe that this may have been a fail safe to problems the engineers experienced in its design...who knows but the peace of mind was well worth the time reading.

Remember the stability system and t/c is in place for poor weather conditions and hazardous road situations. In good weather there is absoultely no need for it. This is my opinion and am preparing to sell this vehicle ASAP.

Oh...just wanted to update regarding the right front hub. When it was pulled off we found that the hub was fine but that the inner tie rod was bad...and it was. Purchased to part for 45.00 and replaced it. Nice and tight. Dont let the mechanics tell you that the entire power steering rach needs to be replaced...it does'nt.

ok will keep you all posted as we continue to assess the issues. :)
  • redrocker15redrocker15 Member Posts: 102
    rrider - best advice I've seen! I have an '04 AWD V6 and have struggled with this stability system nonsense for some time. Knowing that it costs more than $100 to have the dealer change the front turn-signal/running light bulb, and seeing horror stories here re: the stability system, I really hate the thought of shelling out several thousand dollars for them to repair an apparently flawed system.

BTW, I changed the bulb in my wife's Jaguar XJ (rear tail-light), spent less than 5 bucks for two bulbs, and about 5-10 minutes taking my time. What a treat! Is it any wonder you see SO MANY GM cars and trucks on the road with one of their turn signal bulbs out? (This has become a game for us - seeing these so called 'padiddles' and recognizing that the lion's share - WELL over 90% - are GM vehicles.) Apparently a very crummy design of either the bulb and/or socket, coupled with ridiculous gyrations needed to get access to the bulb for changing. And Jaguars are supposed to be noted as having the glitchy English electrical system? Not in my recent experience!

But I digress! Thanks again for the suggestion on how to turn the stability system OFF. Just pressing the TC button to toggle between on/off doesn't fully satisfy - pressing and holding for 5-10 seconds has become part of my start up ritual these days! (STILL no recall on this? Is it going to take a Toyota-like series of injuries & deaths to force GM's hand? Step UP!)
  • windfordwindford Member Posts: 3
    I just inherited my V8 all wheel drive 2004 Cadillac SRX back from the ex-wife, she purchased of all things a 2010 VW Jetta that’s like going from the frying pan to the fire.

Anyways I replaced the A/C compressor, condenser, radiator, updated the Trans cooling lines to the ones that bypass the transmission thermostat, new tires and detailed the car to like new condition. I bypassed the stability control system by pulling the fuse on the ABS system, it eliminates the stability control problem, but you lose use of the cruise control.

By the way I’m a dealer own my own repair shop had my techs do the work at a fraction of what it would have cost at a Cadillac store. I’m going to replace the fuse try the T/C control button trick and report back.

If you’re having turn signal bulb burn outs check the sockets, I kept changing my left turn signal bulb monthly until one day I checked the socket and found a burn mark on one of the conductors inside the socket. I replaced the socket 6 months ago and have had no burn bulbs since.

I sent a compliant to the feds about the stability problem NHTSA, never heard a word back.
    Still having the same problems with the caddy and it has been a few weeks since I came on here to read the new posts. I was sent a brief email from Mariah with GM Customer Service but got no results. How many people have to come forward with the same problem before someone steps in and makes them take responsibility for our problem?? I sent a complaint to the NHTSA and have heard absolutely nothing either. I am not giving up, there are way too many people experiencing the same problems!!
    I also received an email from Mariah and I responded and a Customer Service person from GM called and arranged for the replacement of my steering wheel sensor. I paid $100 while GM paid about $250. The problem has not returned since. It has been almost a month. Funny thing though I asked the same service center to replace the same part in 2008 and I paid $250. They said they replaced it then but during that time the problem did not get fixed.
    by rrider Aug 21, 2010 (5:10 pm)

Why won't Mariah call me? Having documented my problems with the stability control system I would have thought that I would have been a priority as well.
    The good news...If something does happen I have it well documented in this forumn and GM will pay a lot more for an accident or injury.
    To recap....new tires all around, new front hub, new front inner tie rod, new brakes all around.
    My Cadillac dealership said they replaced the ECM but I seriously doubt they even took the time to look at it considering the engine light is STILL on and they reported NO CODES.
    Cadillac and GM continues to dissappoint.

If anyone has information regarding filing an official complaint please advise..I will be more than happy to go on the record and provide any and all documentation regarding the problems I have had with the 2004 Cadilac SRX All Wheel Drive.

rob
  • bobwekbobwek Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have a 2006 SRX 6 cyl, AWD and have intermittantly been receiving the Service Stability System but this time I received the whole problem with the ABS and T/C Lights and information messages also.
    I saw rrider post that "just today took the srx in to address the the stability system issue....there have been a number of recalls and apparently some coverage is available via the waaranty till 2013!"

1) Is there a place I can go to find out about these recall items?
    2) This is the first I have seen in this post of a 2006 having the problem. Is there any one else? I can just hear the dealer saying well this is only a problem on the 2004's and no warranty for 2006 - yet.
    3) It seems the steering sensor is the fix most of the time, true? Was this the piece under recall?

Thanks in advance...
    Hello Bobwek,
    I can check to see if there are any recalls on your vehicle for you. I will just need you to email me your VIN. You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,