Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 YUKON GPS CD -- "Scratched Disc?"

tlaff2tlaff2 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in GMC
Wondering if anyone is having the same problem I am. I have a 2006 Yukon Denali and, at times, am receiving a "damaged/scratched disc" message from the navigation system, even though the disc appears to be just fine. They replaced the unit under warranty and that didn't fix the problem. Now, they're telling me that the disc is my problem and that a new one is in the ballpark of $500. Why they're using a DVD disc for the nav system is beyond me, but am wondering if I'm the only one getting this message. Anyone else having problems with theirs?

Comments

• tallyho2tallyho2 Member Posts: 1
    I've been to the dealer and he has been talking with tech support and they have been told there is no solution. My brand new Denali shows my "map" location correctly at home but when I plug in my home address (or any other for that matter) it shows the address 2/10 of a mile east of my actual location. I've been told there is no recalibration that can be done but a new GPS DVD will probably fix the address problem when it comes out in March or April. Anybody having the same problem or have any solutions. I hate to say it but if this is the best they can do this will be the last of 3 Denali's for me!
  • rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    tallyho2, don't feel bad, its probably not the problem of your Denali, but whomever created the maps(something to do with the land survey was plotted incorrectly to the maps) for GM's GPS system. I have a hand-held GPS from HP, it basically does the same thing, pointing my house a half block away from my actual location once its programmed. I had my hand-held GPS maps and software upgraded 3 times, yet it still does the same thing. I heard that happens to any brands of GPS system, it all depends if we are the lucky one.
This discussion has been closed.