Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

1171819202123»

Comments

• mloggiamloggia Member Posts: 6
    just signed this deal today...

Cx9 Touring AWD w tech, remote start & auto dim mirror installed, all weather mats, cargo net, white, 15k miles, 39 months
    0 out of pocket inc all taxes & fees (plates included) , first 2 oil changes free $400/month
    only first month ($400) due at signing, nothing else...(also I'm in NY)

I think this was a pretty good deal, it took a fair amount of negotiating to get here. Any thoughts?
  • mmlampommlampo Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Hi Carman,

Could you please provide the July lease rate and residual for a CX-9 Touring AWD with tech package for both 12k and 15k miles per year. 36 month lease in upstate NY.

Please also confirm any lease incentives for July.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • yoshimotoyoshimoto Member Posts: 35
    Dear Car Man:

Very much appreciate everything you do! We get a new lease every three years and your info is invaluable.

Looking to lease a CX-9 GT AWD w. Technology Package here in California. Turning in our 2010 CX-9. Need to do this by end of July.

Would like to know the money factor and residual value for a lease in July - including any specials (especially loyalty specials for existing Mazda customers). And if you have a target monthly payment (no money down/no driveoff costs), that would also be super.

Again, thank you so much!!!!
  • btupsxbtupsx Member Posts: 3
    Just signed a deal for a 2013 CX-9 Sport with power driver's seat. I'm in NYC. Carman, or anyone else, how did I do?:

Payment: $323 (Tax, all fees in)
    12k/year, 36 Months
    Agreed upon price: $25,369
    Zero Drive Promotion: $0 Down/First Payment/Deposit/Due at signing
    $1k Customer loyalty rebate + $2,625 Mazda Customer Lease Support
    Gross Cap Cost: $28,811.75
    Residual: $16,260.40
  • jl49jl49 Member Posts: 33
    Can you disclose the mf & residual percentage? Which dealership did you use?
    Anyone recommend any specific dealerships in NYC?
    Actually a dealership in Stamford, CT; Riley Mazda. Highly recommend. They were more than willing to work out reliable quotes via email. All other dealerships I dealt with wanted me to come in first and wouldn't guarantee quotes. I believe I qualified for the top tier rate, which is .00006 percent? I didn't ask for specific numbers as far as MF and residual percentages go because the offer was so good.
    It's a drive (or Metro North ride), but well worth it IMO: Riley Mazda in Stamford, CT. They're small, but genuine and won't waste your time.
    Ok, thanks - I'll check them out......If you have the MSRP of your vehicle, then just divide it into your residual and that will give you the residual percentage. I think the MF is .0006 cause that should equal to a 1.44% interest rate which sounds about right for tier 1 credit. Thanks again.
  • mmlampommlampo Member Posts: 2
    Just closed this deal yesterday in NY, I am very happy with the vehicle and the deal.

CX-9 Touring w/ Tech and Roof Rails
    MSRP $37865
    Negotiated Price $35,250
    Lease incentive $2625
    Plus tax $1470 (taxes suck in NY!)
    Plus fees $595 acq and $100 doc

36 month 15k/year
    $2000 out of pocket
    52% residual
    .00006 MF

$372 per month
  • tpclearytpcleary Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know the August lease numbers for cx-9 ? Looking in NJ. Tks.
  • jaser_bjaser_b Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man-

Can you let me know the top tier credit money factor, residual, and any incentives for a 2013 Mazda CX-9 Touring in Utah? Mazda's web site shows $3550 in lease support for the FWD Sport, is that the same for an AWD Touring? Also, is the customer loyalty bonus applicable to leases as well?

Thanks in advance,
    Jason
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    2013 CX-9 AWD Touring.. 36mo, 15K/yr
    MF = .00002
    Residual = 48%

The $3550 lease cash is available on all trim levels.. I don't have the answer to your loyalty bonus question.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, Kyfdx. I actually pulled the trigger on a 3/36 the other day, since I figured if they were quoting me a .00002 (quad zero!) money factor they probably weren't marking it up. After S-plan, the $3550 lease cash back and the extra $1000 loyalty cash it was a pretty good deal.

We really like the car. This is a replacement for a 2004 MPV that we bought new and have loved for 9 years. You can definitely feel the family DNA in the way it drives, although I'm still a bit bummed they didn't bring the next-gen MPV stateside.

I'm surprised the residual on 15k is 48%, though. That's only 1% less than the 12k mile lease, so I'm going to call the dealer and see if they can re-write the lease at that mileage. My calculator shows that should only raise the monthly payment by $10 or so, so not a lot of downside.

Thanks again,
    Jason
    I just spoke to the finance guy at the dealership and he says the money factor goes from .00002 at 12000 miles/ year to .00017 at 15000 miles / year. Can you confirm if that's correct or not? I need to make the change (or not) by 6 PM Mountain time tonight so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason
    I don't show any money factor differences for changing between mileage allowances.... Just for different terms (i.e.: 36 vs. 39 months)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    Just closed a lease deal for a 2013 Mazda CX-9 Sport AWD... $78.25 due up front with monthly payments of $339 for 36 months. Below are the details...

Retail Pricing Information

MSRP 2013Mazda CX9 SP XA.................................…...........… 32,170.00
    Black/Black…………………………………………………………………………………… 0.00
    Total MSRP…………………..…………………………………………..………............…… 32,170.00

Selling Price
    Agreed Upon Value…………………………………………………………………..…..…… 26,323.00

Amounts Financed (Capitalized)
    1st Payment…………………………………………………………………………………… 339.00
    Mazda Acquisition Fee…………………………………………..………………….…… 595.00
    Dealer Documentation Fee………………………………………………………….. 250.00
    Sales Tax @ 6.75% x 35 x 317.55…………..............……………...….. 750.21

Capitalized Costs
    Gross Capitalized Cost………………………………………………………………….……… 28,257.21
    Capitalized Cost Reduction…………………………………………………………….…. 0.00
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost……………………………………………………………………… 28,257.21

Residual Data
    Residual Factor………………………………………………..…………………….…………. 0.50
    Residual Value (Residual Factor × MSRP)………………………..…….…….….… 16,085.00

Cost of Money/Term
    Money Factor…………………………………………….……………………..….……….…… 0.00002
    Term (months)……………………………………………………………………….………… 36

Lease Payment Itemization
    Monthly Lease Payment…………………….…………………..……….…….…….… 339.00
    Taxable Monthly Lease Payment…………………………………………………….. 317.55

Estimated Charges Payable at Lease Origination
    License, Title, Registration Fees (estimated)……………….………………...…….. 78.25
    Amount Due at Lease Signing…………………………………………………………..…..… 78.25

Fund Provider: Mazda Credit (Chase)
    GAP Coverage: Included
    Annual Mileage Allowance: 12k
    Disposition Fee: $300.00
    Purchase Option Fee: $50
    Excess Mileage Charge: $0.15 per mile

Didn't qualify for loyalty cash.

John
    That's a nice low lease payment for a $32K MSRP...

Did you need any help with the calculations? ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited September 2013
    Hey kyfdx!

Decided to cap all charges that are customarily paid up front except for the license/registration fees. With a money factor of just 0.00002, the interest rate is slightly north of zero. If there was ever a reason not to put cash down or pay up front fees, this was it! The 50% residual is lousy and the $300 disposal fee is a bummer but Mazda came through with a $3,550 discount which makes it more palatable. Couple that with the 0.00002 money factor and it becomes a very attractive offer. Maybe they'll waive the disposal fee at lease end. Never hurts to ask!

Looks like I may be about $800 below published invoice. The question is: How close am I to actual dealer cost? I'll never know but I'm betting I'm a good bit above that. Even so, the dealership, Brunswick Mazda, is just minutes from my house in Medina, Ohio. Very nice people to work with... I highly recommend them.

Best,

John
    That's a great value, no matter how you slice it...

A full-sized 7-passenger SUV for $350/month? Hard to match that.. My friend bought a used 2012, this past winter... and loves it.. Of course she had to have the Grand Touring...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• libtech75libtech75 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    Just pulled the trigger on a new 2013 CX-9 Grand Touring. 10k/36 month lease. Price was $500 under invoice, with $3,550.00 lease cash. Just added $595.00 acquisition fee with taxes paid upfront. Monthly payment $449.50. Very happy with the deal and the car. Black on black with tech package. Purchased in NYC.
  • jellyfish86jellyfish86 Member Posts: 2
    After testing driving this car, I like it very much. I live in Philadelphia area, I am not sure how much I should pay for this 2013 without the package? I found last year at this moment, people paid 26000+TTL for a 2012 cx9. I was trying to get the same deal like last year, but after first time walk in to local dealers, none of them could offer the same price (lowest I got is 27900 + TTL). Probably because none of them have 2013 white cx 9 in their lots. I am also a Mazda owner, I got 3000+1000 incentives for this 2013 cx9. Any one could give me some suggestions on how much I should pay for this car before tax and title fees? Thanks a lot.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please continue in our 2014 Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.