Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• hbqhbq Member Posts: 33
    Do you know the new lease rates on the the 2009s on the Touring AWD?

Thanks
  • daphne1daphne1 Member Posts: 3
    Mazda is offering $1250 Mazda Customer lease support on the CX-9. Can someone tell me how this works? Do we put the $1250 down and get it back? Or is it used as a credit?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I sure do, hbq. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 48%, respectively. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi daphne1. The $1,250 that is available on leases of the CX-9 is being paid for by Mazda. It is essentially used as a credit. Negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can on the new truck that you want and then have the dealer subtract the $1,250 from that.

Car_man
    Host
  • ek1970ek1970 Member Posts: 1
    Was looking at the Touring with roof rack/sunroof and bose with 15,000 miles per year at $525.00 (includes taxes). Does that sounds in the ballpark? All help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • collmancollman Member Posts: 25
    Here's the quote what I got from a dealer in Seattle WA.
    09' CX-9 GT AWD w/Rear Ent.Sys. Roof Rack and Splash Guards
    MSRP : $39,010.00
    Invoice : $35,911.00
    Final Price : $32,911.00 (they said this price excludes lease incentives)

$570.51(including tax)/m - 36months, 12K miles/Y, $0 due at signing
    $558.56(including tax)/m - 36months, 10K miles/Y, $0 due at signing

They said the current incentive is a $1,250 rebate along with a .00052 money factor and a 48% residual over 10K miles OR a 47% residual over 12K miles.
    (...I thought the residual is more than 48% or 47%...??)

$32,911.00 is a good deal I think. But, monthly payment is higher than I thought.
    This is my first lease, so I'm learning now. Do I need to ask more detail quotes for taxes and the rest??
    Anyone have thoughts on this deal? Think I can do better? Greatly appreciate it.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    I just leased an 09 GT (fully loaded with GT Assist Package, Moonroof/Bose, Roof Rack, Trailer Tow Hitch Receiver: MSRP for $40,860) for $36,932 (including TT&L and no money down, except first payment) on December 27. It's for 36 months at 12k/yr at $551/month. The MF is .00093 and residual is at 49% (36 months at 10k/yr would have been at $538/month with residual at 50%).

I believe you would be paying too much for this vehicle ~ even though the "Final Price" seems to be lower, your monthly payments are way too high!
  • floorman1floorman1 Member Posts: 2
    Carman
    Please advise whether or not this makes sense. Got a quote for an 09 CX-9 GT AWD GT assist,rear ent. pkg.,roof rack,ss bumber guard, trailer hitch, wheel locks. MSRP $ 42437. 36 month lease 12miles/year. $ 609/month includes NYS sales tax. Only money down is 1st month and DMV.What should this lease go for 12M miles/year and 15M miles/year. HELP
    Hi floorman1. The best way to evaluate this deal is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this truck's selling price is and either myself or another helpful community member will tell you what they think.

If you are unable to get the selling price for some reason, if that's the case you should probably find a different dealer because I personally would never deal with one that won't tell me exactly how much they are charging me for the vehicle that I want, you can always look up this truck's dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site and tell us what that number is. I can then use it to work up a sample lease payment that you can compare to the one that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • floorman1floorman1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. I just spoke to the dealer. The initial cap cost is $38,410. Adding in NYS sales tax $ 1750.00 and bank fee $ 595.00 according to dealer the adjusted cap cost which includes these costs is $40,755. MSRP for this CX-9 is $ 42,437. I have a quote for $ 609/month 36 month 12M miles/year !st months payment and DMV down. I have another quote from the same dealer for $622 for 15M miles per year.Please let me know what you think.
    You're welcome, floorman1. Thanks for the additional information. The 2009 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD that you described probably has a spread of around $3,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,250 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of this truck and you have a total of around $4,850 to play with in your negotiations.

The $4,017 dealer discount that you are being given is probably around $800 or so over dealer invoice. Would it be possible to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this vehicle's selling price? Perhaps, but this is a pretty good deal.

Make sure that the dealer is using Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor of .00052 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • pbgpbg Member Posts: 17
    Hi all

I have this quote from today for a 36 month lease (12K miles/yr):

2009 CX9 GT with Navigation, Entretainment, Bose, CD Changer (Assist Package)
    MSRP: $41,235
    FINAL PRICE: $37,333
    Money factor: 0.00052
    Residual: 47%
    Monthly pmt inc taxes: $599. Only down is first payment and DMV.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
  • goodhandsgoodhands Member Posts: 8
    What incentives are available to be able to negotiate a sale price of $3000.00 below invoice? That sounds like additional money available beside the $1250.00 lease cash.
  • goodhandsgoodhands Member Posts: 8
    My lease is up and the residuals are down on the new lease. I am aware of the $1250.00 lease cash available, are their additional incentives available that are not public knowedge? (ie. advertising money, regional money or individual dealer cash)
    I am looking at a new lease on a CX-9 Touring from Hood Mazda in Hammond, La. with a MSRP of $33,375.00 and an invoice of $31,166.00. 36 month lease, 12k per year, MF=0.00052 and residual of 46%.
  • jdg715jdg715 Member Posts: 4
    What is sales tax where you are? Does MSRP include destination? Is final price negotiated price for vehicle or what they are capitalizing? What are inception fees?
  • don146don146 Member Posts: 2
    Any feedback is appreciated!

Mazda CX-9 Sport 36 month lease 10k/year $433 a month with $600 down (including first payment) Only upgrade is electric heated front seats.

Is this reasonable?
  • don146don146 Member Posts: 2
    I live in PA. As for other questions I do not know at this time.
  • jdg715jdg715 Member Posts: 4
    Not enough info to provide an answer. What is the negotiated sales price? What else are they charging you for? If your not paying it up front (i.e dealer fees, bank fees, etc), you can be sure that it's capitalized in the lease. What is the residual on that model with those miles? What is the money factor?
    Anyone knows new lease incentive for May??

Thanks.
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Hi Carman,

Can you provide the MF and residual for the CX-9 Sport with 10k per yr? I am in KY, not sure if rates are based on region. Thanks!
  • trpnstntrpnstn Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan,

Thanks for all the great info!

I'm looking to lease a 2009 CX-9 Touring with 1MC Sunroof/Bose and MRH AutoDim Mirror, MSRP 34,620, Invoice 31,925. 36 mo 15k mi/yr in las vegas.

Are we still at .00052 MF and 46% residual? And is there still $1250 "lease assistance" available? And if so, can you clarify what you mean when you say make sure to take that into account when negotiating... do you mean negotiate a price and then say oh and then take off the 1250 lease assist that I know about?

Thanks!
    Michael
  • pure_2pure_2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,

2009 CX-9 GT

MSRP = 41,210

My offer is for $2500 out of pocket and $480/month on a 36 month/12,000 mile per year lease. Please tell me what you think...thanks.
  • pure_2pure_2 Member Posts: 2
    Soory - the above includes CT tax (6%)
  • accaraccar Member Posts: 1
    where on long island did you lease your car?
    Car_Man, Car_Man, where art thou, Car_Man? Please impart your leasing wisdom upon our weak souls...
    Hi collman. I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 2009 CX-9, but it is running a special lease program on it now. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of this truck is .00052. Its residual values vary by trim level and mileage allowance. If you let me know what these variables are, I would be happy to provide you with the resid for the specific model that you're interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, ajpbf7. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Sport AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00052 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, Michael. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 47%, respectively.

Mazda raised its "lease assistance" on this model to $1,550 in May. Negotiate as close a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible and then have the dealer subtract this cash incentive from that.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pure. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with this vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,

What is current residual on a 15k mi/yr 36mo lease on CX-9 Grand Touring FWD?

Thanks!
    Michael
  • dima1dima1 Member Posts: 19
    Car_man,

I am looking for a CX-9 Lease. I understand that Chase now finances Mazda leases. I was always told to stay away from the leases financed by the banks because of the disposition fees and higher level of scrutiny at the lease end.

How is leasing from Chase different then leasing from the manufacturer in the case of Mazda?

Thank you.
    Thank for your reply, Car_man.

Looking for GT AWD
    Could you let me know residuals for 10k and 12k per year? (36 months)
  • mvelosomveloso Member Posts: 9
    This looks nice...got this from my Mazda dealer. We have a CX-7 GT AWD from them:

CX9 2009 Touring + Moonroof + bose
    MSRP: 36410
    Cap Cost: 32864
    Cap Cost Reduction (Rebates): 2550
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 30314
    Residual Value: 17477
    Money Fac: .00052
    Term: 36
    Acquisition: $595
    DMV: $218
    Pmt:$ 404.44
    12k miles/36 months

Does anyone know of any way to get that any lower? That includes the $1k owner rebate and $1500 customer cash.
  • iwrite4uiwrite4u Member Posts: 14
    Is this AWD? Are you putting anything down or just first and DMV at signing? What about tax? I'd been quoted in the $470s/$480s for this car (AWD) with just first and dmv at signing, everything else in the payment.

Do you know if the lease program and customer loyalty programs are still in place for June? Thanks/
    Yep, it's AWD - and I just found out the incentives are around this month. I'm in Oregon, so no tax...and no down (ie: I don't pay a cap cost reduction).
  • iwrite4uiwrite4u Member Posts: 14
    Are you paying the 595 and DMV up front?
    Overall, this sounds like a good price. I pay $446 on my 2007 CX9 touring (moon/bose), which includes NY sales tax - and I got a fantastic deal on that lease.
  • pricediggerpricedigger Member Posts: 8
    Any chance your deal included Nav? If not do you receive seperate numbers including NAV?
  • lsnhclsnhc Member Posts: 11
    Did you end up doing the deal? What dealer?
    Thanks
  • garonoffgaronoff Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you offer any opinion on what Mazda is currently doing with CX-9 leases? Specifically, I'm looking at a 36 Month, 15K, Grand Touring AWD with Navi/Bose/Rack/Sun Roof. List is just over 40K, and I'm being quoted $540 including MA Taxes, no Cap Cost Reduction and just about $950 in fees. Thoughts? Thanks much!
    I was thinking about paying the DMV and acquisition up front, but given the low effective rate I'll just roll them in.

We test drove it the other day, and it's a really nice car. We were looking at the Ford Flex and the Hyundai Veracruz, and the CX-9 came out on top...though if the Flex lease was better, we might have given it a go.

Should be signing the paperwork, etc tomorrow or Wed.
    Yep, just drove home today in the CX-9. The quote was for blue, but we got white one for a few dollars more.

The dealer was Royal Moore in Hillsboro, OR. Shane, their internet sales guy, really seems to be able to get these deals that don't exist anywhere else.
    Here you go, Michael. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 43%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,550 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dima1. Chase now officially handles the captive finance business for a number of brands, including Subaru, Mazda, Jaguar, and Land Rover. While Chase may not have the incentive to be lenient when evaluating the lease-end condition of vehicles that a pure captive finance company like Honda Finance would have, I have always heard that Chase is very fair in evaluating the end-of-term condition of leased vehicles. I personally would not be afraid of leasing through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem collman. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00052 and 47%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $1,550 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi garonoff. To be, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can on the model that you're interested in and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If I was in the market for a 2009 CX-9 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice...which would really be equivalent to around $1,000 under after the $1,550 cash incentive that is avaulible on leases of this truck right now is taken into account.

I would be happy to use Mazda's current lease program to calculate a sample lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    I was just quoted $565/mo (incl CT tax) for a GT w/nav and sunroof. I would put out $2000 up front. Based on what I have seen here, this seemed very high. The salesman volunteered that there was a $1500 incentive for the buyer, but when I asked about the $4000 dealer incentive and whether he had applied that, he stated that the full amount could not be applied in a lease deal.
    Is this accurate?
    Garonoff
    Did you end up doing the deal? Based on my post, your offer is significantly better than what I have been able to get here (in CT): 565/mo with $2000 cap cost reduction, so obviously, 540 with only $950 paid for fees is substantially better.
    Please let me know!
    Well...we ended up doing the following deal:
    2009 CX-9 GT w/nav and sunroof
    Sticker $40300
    39 mo - 510.78/mo w/2500 down (incl CT sales tax)
    12000 mi

I shopped this very aggressively and this was, by far, the best deal I could find. Given how bad leases are on other competitive models, I think we got a very fair deal for a very nice vehicle.
  • glh205glh205 Member Posts: 22
    where did you get that deal?
  • richullmanrichullman Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted yesterday the following lease:

CX-9 Touring
    Includes stereo system, speakers, etc.
    MSRP = $36875
    residual .48
    12,000 miles
    .00081 money factor
    no down, $499/month.

I thought he could go lower, and he told me that 12k miles was now standard. Really?

Dealer told me I could buy the car for about $30,000 (including a $1k trade), which I'd consider.

Would love someone to tell me their opinion.
This discussion has been closed.