Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• davem106davem106 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know the chance that Mazda will carry over the special lease rates until the end of Feb? That is when my current Odyssey runs out.

Also thank you all for your help here. A few hours of reading and I saved hundreds (probably thousands) off my next lease.

My last offer from the dealer was MSRP $38190, Invoice $35264, sale price $34250, 0$ down, add dealer fee $799 plus Acq fee $595. 42 mos, 12k per year, 6% tax = payment around $500 per month.

Here's what I found out:
    42 month lease for 2010 CX9 GT FWD
    10K = RV =.47 MF =.00075
    12k = .46 and .00075

36 mo
    10k = .50 and .0006
    12k = .49 and .0006

39 mo
    10k = .46 and .00073
    12k = .49 and .00073
  • smr2smr2 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2010 CX 9 Grand Touring package with white pearl paint. Options include power lift gate, bose/sirius/moon roof package, navigation, towing package, keyless start. For a 42 month/12,000 mile a year lease with $0 down in FL, I've been quoted $457.83 monthly payment with $1500 up front to pay taxes and for the tag. I believe the sticker price for this vehicle is around $38,000.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks for any help that you can provide here!
  • davem106davem106 Member Posts: 6
    This is a great deal if taxes are included with the monthly payment. I always thought the taxes were on your monthly payment not up front. I've caught the dealers saying the same thing to me. The 1500 is reducing your cap cost. The tag fee should be around $200 if you are transferring.

I'm working on a similar deal also in FL. I created a spreadsheet to help calculate the monthly lease payments for me. Using the factors I know, and assuming a 6% tax rate I calculate your payment to be around $462 monthly including 6% tax rate. If you want the spreadsheet email me at davem106@gmail.com.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Does anyone know the chance that Mazda will carry over the special lease rates until the end of Feb? That is when my current Odyssey runs out.

We have no idea what Mazda will do in January, let alone February. Only time will tell.
  • dandydan9dandydan9 Member Posts: 20
    What is the better deal for NJ:

2010 CX-9 AWD Sport with Dealer Leather installed

36 months
    $470/month

$435/month

No money due at signing other than title/registration.

First month payment waived (35 or 41 total payments).

Monthly includes taxes (7%), $595 acquisition fee.

From what I can tell:
    the Cap Cost is $30,500
    the MF is .00073
    the residual is either 50% for 36 months or 48% for 42 months.
  • dizzogdizzog Member Posts: 9
    Dandydan, That's a much wider range on 36-42 than I've been quoted. At that rate more than 3 of those last 6 months are paid for by the difference/savings.

Where'd you go in NJ? I was down south at Mapleshade Monday but am heading north to Wayne on Friday. They seem to have the most inventory of 9's and the best prices according to AAA/Overstock...
    I spoke with Wayne and PERHAPS they might have
    slightly better numbers
    on the inventory they have left.

HOWEVER, you don't know until you sign.

I have a local car broker that quoted me those numbers
    and is completely trustworthy not to tack on any last minute
    hidden fees when I come to sign.

He is also taking back my current vehicle that I own and
    paying me cash.

Remember, I am getting the AWD and dealer installed leather
    in the Sport trim.

Also, this broker stated that by getting the 42 months, you save
    on the acquisition fee since you are accepting the Mazda deal
    they have with Chase Finance.

Makes more sense?
    I spoke with Wayne and PERHAPS they might have
    slightly better numbers
    on the inventory they have left

Wayne Mazda is notorious for adding things in late. Be cautious....

Also, this broker stated that by getting the 42 months, you save
    on the acquisition fee since you are accepting the Mazda deal
    they have with Chase Finance.

Huh? You do pay the $595 acquisition fee, it's just built into the lease, not due up front, for every term Mazda is offering.

Broker? Last I new, Mazda's were not being traded on the New York Stock Exchange. :confuse: :P
    Right, the acquistion fee is included in either the $435 or $470 monthly payment, not added on to be paid at signing.

I am saying that the 42 month lease conforms to the Mazda offering so the terms
    like MF and Residual may be better.

Also, remember, you are continuing to lease the vehicle for an additional six months, so that translates into an additional $2610 (435x6) in payments that the dealer does not get on a 36 month lease, while the residual value does not depreciate that much in 6 months.

Broker, meaning, secondary dealer, the name of the secondary dealer is Arcar.

Sounds like, other than the warranty expiration exposure from 37-42, the 42 month lease is the better financial bet.
    Thanks for the tips on Wayne Mazda, I actually avoided going to them first after finding plenty of not-so-rave reviews regarding their potential shadiness. I know exactly what I want and I'm not trading in, so I'll just be curious how close they come to honoring their own AAA/Overstock low-price guarantee of a 2010 TOURING AWD w/ ROOF RACK and BACKUP CAM for 29950.

Is Power Liftgate standard on Touring models?
    If you want to try Arcar, I actually priced my deal around as I stated,
    and Arcar is the most honest and reliable with regards to what
    they quote is what you'll get at signing.

Look them up for competitive, honest, deals.

Please report back on your Wayne experience.

I cannot believe for a minute that they will sell you
    that Touring model for anything less than $32k after
    all "fees".
    Also, remember, you are continuing to lease the vehicle for an additional six months, so that translates into an additional $2610 (435x6) in payments that the dealer does not get on a 36 month lease, while the residual value does not depreciate that much in 6 months

That's not true. The dealer is paid on the difference between the gross cap cost (sale price) and the invoice amount less holdback, regardless of what term you choose, the dealers profit, or lack there of in some cases, does not change. There is no stairstep objective cash. The lease payments are collected by Chase and you are paying the depreciation plus a minimal interest charge (money factor).
    OK.

So the whole explanation for why the
    36/12k monthly quote is $470 versus
    42/12k monthly quote of $435 is solely
    due to spreading depreciation over
    longer term?
    Thanks man, I just checked out Arcar's site, I hadn't heard of it before. I might include a trip over to Teaneck p if Wayne turns out to be as I fear. Not in a huge rush as my current lease isn't up by 4 months, but I'll be sure post after visiting Wayne today
    The only sense of urgency would be when the
    Mazda deal ends on 1/4.

I hate walking into showrooms, you immediately
    get the sense that you are about to be taken for a "ride",
    pun intended. ;-)
    Y'all were right, as advertised, Wayne Mazda sucked. They told me on the phone that they had touring models on the lot with the few options that I wanted - they even "guaranteed" the AAA price that the website quoted. They had only a few Sports and GTs and of course tried to upsell me more car than I cared for. So i'm not quite sure what the "price guarantee" is worth. They didn't even try to sell me something that wasn't on their lot yet. Won't be going back there, will be inquiring with AAA to ask if they should be vouching for a business that doesn't quite honor their guarantee. Not unexpected, given reviews I've seen around, but disappointing nonetheless.

I digress...Dandydan, looking for more info on ARCAR. not a ton of info on their site, do I have to physically go there or is it mostly done online/phone, your 42mo quote isn't too bad.

Thanks -
    I ended up finding what I was looking for closer to home, I got a decent deal, I think, not amazing:

AWD Touring
    Moonroof/Bose
    Bluetooth
    Power Liftgate
    Backup Camera
    Roof Rack w/ Crossbars
    15K miles
    $0 out of pocket (rolled in all NJ taxes, tags, fees, yadayada..)

monthly payment $490 / 42 mos
    Sounds nice dizzog!

Good deal and good luck, enjoy the ride.

You're correct, Arcar, being a secondary dealer,
    does not have a showroom, inventory, lot, etc.

He uses the primary dealers inventory so eveerything
    is by phone except for the signing and delivery.

He physical delivers the car, local to him, of course.

I'll be signing on Monday and leaning towards
    the $435/42 month deal.
    I'll be signing on Monday and leaning towards
    the $435/42 month deal.

I hope you took that deal. The lease program got worse! Mazda is not making the first payment anymore, and the money factor doubled.

Those that did not take advantage.......better luck next time!
    I signed on Monday,

Even this guy changed the 42 month to $440 from $435
    a few hours before I arrived to sign.

He said it was his error and it should have been $447 but
    since he quoted $435 he asked that we meet in between.

I agreed since the car has power driver's seat and both
    driver and passenger heated seats, and roof rack,
    which does not come standard with the AWD Sport trim
    and was not included in the original quote.

All-in-all, a pretty good deal for this vehicle with dealer
    installed leather.

Let's hope the reliability/quality last for 42 months.

The whole experience makes you wonder how these
    dealers are still playing "hardball" on pricing after the
    last 18 months of this economy.

:confuse:
    congrats dandydan - current incentives seem pretty weak, AAA/Overstock best prices are up over 1,000 from last week too. I'm glad I struck on the last day of the drive off, the dealer seemed pretty eager to get rid of stuff anticipating that the reduced incentive could lead to a little downturn in new sales. Plus, Jan 2 being the last day of their fiscal year didn't help either. Of course, I'm annoyed that I missed the Stimuls tax break by 2 days that would have allowed me to write off my sales tax, which I why I just rolled it all in instead...

loving the 2010 version so far though, so glad they finally got on board with some things like bluetooth and back-up cam. I know their standard in some brands, but at least its progress!
    The whole experience makes you wonder how these
    dealers are still playing "hardball" on pricing after the
    last 18 months of this economy.

You are in the North East, as am I. CX-9 inventory is very low, and the demand is very high. That tends to give dealers leverage.

This is not the case nation wide, however. There are some areas with too much inventory, and the prices will be a bit better there.

Other Mazda's, such as the Mazda3, are in high supply, so the deals on those are great.
  • kokos7kokos7 Member Posts: 32
    Just before the lease offer expiration on 1/4 I closed a lease in NJ with the following terms:

2010 Touring AWD w/
    - Bose/Moonroof/Liftgate
    - aftermarket overhead DVD
    - all weather mats

36/15K
    $486 /month
    Due at signing ~1200
    Hey kokos, me too - signed last Saturday 1/2, about 30 mins before the incentives expired. Where'd u end up in NJ? I shopped Maple Shade and Wayne before getting the better deal closer to home at a smaller dealer (Hamilton).
  • kokos7kokos7 Member Posts: 32
    This was at Open Road Mazda
    I hear the supply/demand side of the equation.

I guess my question is more generalized than that.

My first attempt to visit the Lodi Dealership
    two days before xmas at 20:30 found the dealership
    locked, lights out, etc. making me think that there
    are ZERO sales if they are not even busy two days
    before xmas.

How do these guys keep the lights on after the
    last 18 months, i.e. Mitsubishi dealerships, etc.
    that have abysmal sales?

Do they still sell sufficient numbers of vehicles
    to stay in biz or ar they severely in debt?
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Carman,

I'm looking to see what the current lease terms for the Mazda CX-9 in CT 36M 12K, thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi davem106. Unfortunately, Maazda definitely did not carry over its year-end special lease program on the CX-9 into the new year. Its January program is much less attractive than its December program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • gobluejdgobluejd Member Posts: 41
    Hey Car_man you have responded/helped me over at CX7. I have a little confusion setting in....

Just for the fun of it I ran some numbers on a CX9. Is it possible it's cheaper to lease a CX9 on a SPLAN than the CX7?

Here is what I did. Both are for 2010 AWD and GT:

CX7
    MRSP = $34320
    SPLAN = $32072
    3yr/15k 45% & 0.00132 (current per you)
    $595 Bank Fee
    $3000 cash and $500 Dealer and $500 from Mazda = $4000
    Payment = $455

CX9
    MRSP = $38470
    SPLAN = $35347
    3yr/15k 50% & 0.00060 (I know these are December)
    $595 Bank Fee
    $3000 cash and $1000 Dealer and $500 from Mazda = $4500
    Payment = $395

How is this possible? I know it has to do with the Residual and money factor, but my goodness. I am sure it also has to do with my SPLAN.

Am I right? What are the Current Rates for CX9 15k/36?
  • dndzdndz Member Posts: 1
    Can you disclose which dealership you went to?
    Hi cpaman. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 54%, respectively.

You never mentioned the exact trim level that you're interested in so I had to make an assumption. Please let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gobluejd. Unfortunately, Mazda's January lease program for the CX-9 is worse than its December program was. If you were to lease a 2010 CX-9 GT AWD right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00126 and 50%, respectively.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $38,470, and a selling price of $35,347, I estimate that this truck would have a zero down, pre-tax payment of around $517.

This compares to a payment $525 of for a 2010 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD that has an MSRP of $34,320 and a selling price of $32,072.

It's amazing how close the payments for these two vehicles are. I definitely would go with the 9 if I was in the market for one of them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • shakeel3shakeel3 Member Posts: 8
    Carman,

I was wondering if you had the latest lease terms from Mazda. I am looking to lease a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD. I only need 10K miles.

Thanks,

Shakeel
    Hi Shakeel. Here's the information that you need. Mazda's current lease money factor and residual for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nickelnickel Member Posts: 147
    I am changing from a Sienna minivan. What about the difference between 36 and 48 months? I make some calculations and am confused, because pmt looks like the same.

Any help?
  • slockoslocko Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2010
    Hi Carman,

I haven't been here since my last deal, seems like ages.

Can you give me the money factor and residual for the above lease?

Thanks.

Hans.
  • jmmommyjmmommy Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I am trying to figure out what the payments should be for a 12k 36mth cx-9 GT AWD. I would also like to know what it would be on the Touring AWD. Can someone give me the money factor and residual and the MFRP vs Sell Price.

I live in nassau county NY. Thanks!
    Hi nickel. Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 52%, respectively.

This compares with .00180 and 42% for 48 months.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but the 4-year program is not very attractive. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't much of a difference between the payments on 3- and 4-year leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back, Hans. I'm still here. Here's the information that you're interested in.

Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello jmmommy. Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 52%, respectively.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this truck right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the $650 cash incentive that is available on leases of this vehicle in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thanks for all of the info. Will you post March numbers for a AWD Touring, 10K miles.

Thaks so much,

Shakeel
  • dfisher345dfisher345 Member Posts: 1
    2010 Mazda CX9 Touring AWD
    S Plan
    36 month lease
    15K miles per year
    Black
    With sun roof/ Bose
    Power lift gate
    Auto dim mirror w/homelink
    500 total due at signing
    Payment including tax
    $489.76
  • firsttime6firsttime6 Member Posts: 5
    thanks -- do you mind sharing which dealership? what's the S Plan?
  • jl49jl49 Member Posts: 33
    That looks good. What was the MSRP and selling price? Can you also provide the money factor & residual along with your local tax rate?

Thx.
  • bella20bella20 Member Posts: 1
    I live in NJ and have attempted with 2 dealerships (both NY for proximity) to purchase a white CX9 touring AWD Bose and Power liftgate $2500 down and $452/mo.
    The first dealership said they could get the vehicle and never returned my calls,
    the second said had it in stock took my downpayment and never had vehicle apparently sent it to another dealership.
    Is there something with the white CX9 touring AWD with above packages, and if anyone has had a good experience with a dealership in NYC area please recommend.
    I am ready to call it quits on a Mazda, it appears no one wants to sell me a vehicle!
    Thanks
    Also are these good numbers 3yr, 12,000mi per year.
  • mazdaman25mazdaman25 Member Posts: 7
    Trying to figure out a good lease deal for a mazda cx9 awd sport. I only have the Msrp- 31,525 and invoice of 27525. How can I figure out MF residual value etc? Was given a price of 425/month for 42 months with 3k down?? Seems high for a base model with AWD. Help!!
    No problem Shakeel. Here's the March info. Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I currently lease a 2008 CX-9 that goes back in April. For the past few weeks I have been trying to get a quote on leasing a 2010 Touring with Moonroof package + Rear Power + Backup Cam and this is the best I could come up with (from Wayne Mazda):

36 month, 10K miles per year
    MSRP: $35,627
    Cap Cost: $30,915
    Residual: 55%
    MF: .00145
    Total Due at Signing: $2000
    Monthly Payment: $448.99 (includes taxes)

Based on my calculations, the numbers did not make sense. If I believe what the salesperson was telling me, the payments should be much lower. Plus, I could not get the salesperson to tell me definitively what is included in the $2K payment at signing. The lack of transparency was very frustrating. After several back and forths, the salesperson told me that “the computer” tells him what the numbers are and this is the best he could do. He could not tell me how the lease rate is calculated.

I thought I would share to the extent it is helpful to anyone else looking in the North Jersey area. I am going to extend my lease for 2 months (the max allowed by Mazda credit) and hope for better deals to come.
  • mas3372mas3372 Member Posts: 1
    I was trying to get a lease wrapped up by the end of March. There were not great incentives but the residual was good at 54% for the grand touring AWD. We are now in April and the new incentives have not been posted yet on edmunds. Does anyone know what they are going to be as well as the money factor and residual.

Thanks, Mike
  • mazdaman25mazdaman25 Member Posts: 7
    I had a similar experience at wayne mazda. I could not get to the bottom line on what the numbers were adding up to. He kept asking me what I wanted to pay. Here is what I got from them

CX9 AWD sport
    12kmiles
    3k down
    $410/month

I am returning a cx9 in May. When I asked for an explanation of the 3k i got nothing except "lets do the deal today and let the incentives take care of your lease. I am heading to another dealer and also investigating other vehicles. Very frustrating
This discussion has been closed.