Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jimmy Rear Hatch Problems

cosmato1cosmato1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in GMC
My 1999 Jimmy rear hatch is broken. I have taken it apart and found that the electronic actuator may be broken. When ever I hit the button to release the rear it doesn't even make a sound. Does anyone know where I could get a new one or if the problem may be somewhere else?

Comments

• repairdogrepairdog Member Posts: 948
    Dealer sells them and the latch is plastic as usual. Only works in park.
  • flowergirl1flowergirl1 Member Posts: 2
    My hatchback on my 2000Jimmy broke this week-end. The engine runs when I push the button, but the lock won't unlatch. How did you resolve your problem? I would like to educate myself before taking it to a garage.
    Thanks
    Betty
  • flowergirl1flowergirl1 Member Posts: 2
    My hatchback will not unlock. The motor makes a sound when I hit the button, or use my remote, but the lock won't unlatch. I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similiar problem to give me some advice before this woman goes to a garage to have it fixed.
    Thank you.
  • repairdogrepairdog Member Posts: 948
    Several posts on this so search the forum and its a plastic latch and part breaks.
  • rrrobbrrrobb Member Posts: 1
    Back door latch is broke, how do you get to the broken latch to replace without tearing everything up.
This discussion has been closed.