Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
How much did you pay for your Acadia?

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• whitjeeptjwhitjeeptj Member Posts: 2
    SLT 1 FWD
    power liftgate, remote start
    convience package
    115 volt outlet
    moonroof
    DVD
    leather
    captain's chairs
    carbon metalic, ebony interior
    trailering package and XM radio

This is as ordered to the best of my knowledge at 34,000 before TTL.
    This is in Lafayette, LA at Courtesy GMC
  • kegelskegels Member Posts: 20
    Where can I post Acadia lease questions? I posted this earlier but no response, perhaps posted on the wrong forum. Can I post it here?

I got the following lease quote for an Acadia SLT w/ Nav, DVD Pkg, 19" wheel, HUD and trailer pkg;

Term: 36 months, 15K mi/yr
    Price: $40,844($500 over invoice)
    Residual: $23,201
    GMAC Rate: 8.05%
    Drive-off Due: $1,454
    Monthly Lease Payment: 785(including insurance)

Is this a good deal? Pls advise. Thank You
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Started a new discussion...

GMC Acadia: Lease Questions

You can copy/paste your post over there, as well..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• oleolsenoleolsen Member Posts: 1
    Just ordered my Acadia with:
    SLT-2 AWD Carbon Metallic/Titanium Leather
    19" alum tires
    sunroof
    cargo audio
    HID headlamps
    DVD/Nav/XM
    Heads up display
    Trailer package
    for 41,129 after 1,500 of dealer rebates
  • rush1169rush1169 Member Posts: 15
    SLT-2 - loaded except trailer package and rear audio controls. MSRP of $44,390. Final price depends on rebates and incentives upon delivery. $41,690 is locked in and I anticipate the $500 rebate + $1,000 conquest cash for a final price of $40,190.
  • ppalonskyppalonsky Member Posts: 34
    I purchased my Acadia from dealer inventory in Atlanta at $300 over dealer invoice (which included advertising fee). This was a straight up purchase, no trade, and the $300 over price was before any applicable rebates.

SLT-2
    Dual Sunroof
    DVD System
    19" wheels
    8 passenger seating

MSRP - $38,900
    Edmunds Invoice - 36,126
    Dealer Invoice (with regional advertising) - $36714.78
    Sale Price (before rebates) - $37,014.78

Rebates: $1,000 conquest & $1,000 GM Card Bonus and 4.9% financing for 36 months (just missed out on $500 bonus cash)
  • mikeoc1mikeoc1 Member Posts: 46
    That does not look like a good deal. I just leased a 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium (MSRP of $55,000) with all of those options and more for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year for $730/month with no cap cost reduction ($1700 due at lease signing)

THe killer with your lease is the interest rate. The residual isn't great, either, but that's a brand new model for you. Does GMAC offer Multiple Security Deposits? If you are unfamiliar, this means you can make several fully refundable security deposits and buy down the money rate. It can save you $30-50/month or more and equates to 10-15% tax free guaranteed return on your money.

My father just bought an Acadia, beautiful truck. But don't pay a lease price equivilent to a car $15,000 more expensive.
  • sssfegysssfegy Member Posts: 132
    That is not fair to do!Audi has a better rate than GM, and a residual also.The Acadia is a brand new model in a different segment than the Q7. The Q7 must have a strong lease while a cheaper car does not need it yet. I do not think that applies to his question. LOVE the Q7!
  • mikeoc1mikeoc1 Member Posts: 46
    Thank you! I think the Acadia is a great truck. It has virtually all of the options that my Q7 has. Very similar in size as well. My point is why would you pay the same monthly lease payment for a car that is $15,000 less expensive? A Money factor of 0.0033 is very high. The Audi lease factor for 3 years 15k miles is 0.00038 (0.91%) Makes a tremendous difference in monthly payments. Makes the Acadia unattractive to lease. Same thing with BMW right now. There are no lease incentives on the new X5. Same price as my Q7, almost $200/month more expensive right now. Just not worth it right now. Buy the Acadia rather than lease it, with the way things are right now.
  • kgbradleykgbradley Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone here know (especially some of the dealers posting) how long it takes to receive an Acadia after ordering? The dealer told me it would take anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks but that seems excessive. I've read in other places that a domestic vehicle order should take 5 to 6 weeks tops. What's the real story? I know the dealer is trying to cover his bases in case of delays, but can't they get a little more specific? I ordered a Liquid Silver Acadia SLT-1 about 2 weeks ago now.
  • kwormankworman Member Posts: 3
    I'm wanting to get more info on the deal you got with Courtesy GMC. We've worked a similar deal for an SLT-2 ($33,939, but a bench instead of captain's chairs in 2nd row), but would really like to get the sunroof and DVD. Can you give me more specifics (i.e. VIN, or other info that would help that dealer, Courtesy GMC, look it up)? Any other suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks! :confuse:
    We have been told 6-8 weeks, because they're still new and not in mass production yet. What you were told sounds accurate to me.
  • timotheustimotheus Member Posts: 9
    SLT-1 (Liquid Platinum)
    - Sunroof
    - DVD Entertainment
    - Trailering Pkg
    - Pwr Liftgate
    - XM Radio
    MSRP: 37,964.00
    --------
    Price Paid: $500 over invoice - $35,919 less $1000 Conquest and $1000 rebates/incentives. Total: $33,919.
    --------
    Excellent buying experience - dealer gave me highest trade-in allowance compared with 4 other dealers and CarMax. I am very happy with my Acadia - it's a great upgrade from a minivan!!!!!!
    timotheus, where did you purchase? we're trying to decide whether to take this slt-2 we've negotiated or order one with the dual sunroof and dvd. please help! we've negotiated $34,839 (already including rebates) + ttl, and they'll install a single moonroof (after market--does anyone know if these are problematic?).
    kworman. I purchased mine in Columbus OH - Dan Tobin GMC. Personally, I wouldn't recommend an aftermarket sunroof. I work in insurance (claims) and over many years I've seen firsthand the problems that can come up with them. That's not to say they're always bad, I just personally wouldn't put on on my new Acadia. You should be able to buy any Acadia for $300-$500 over invoice less rebates. Not sure what your invoice was, but I'm guessing you could do better on the deal.
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    What is the best deal?

An Outlook at MSRP (- incentives) or an Acadia at Invoice (-incentives).

Interesting dilemma.

If you ask the Saturn salesperson and they will tell you that the Outlook will give you more car for money, while GMC states that Acadia has more option configurations and is the best deal for the money.

Who is right?
    seloo- it's probably pretty close to a wash. Just decide which vehicle you like best and go for it. The best deal is the one that you walk away from feeling good about. I personally liked the Acadia's option flexibility, and interior trim. I priced them both six ways to Sunday and ended up with the Acadia. I believe the salesman should be your last resort for information - during my buying experience, I knew more than any salesman I was dealing with (because I spent hours on the internet before ever entering a showroom). When it was time to purchase, it was pretty no-nonsense. I definitely recommend working a minimum of two dealers for each brand and let them know that's what you're doing. They are competitive and they will do a lot to earn your business. Good luck !
    I agree, with invoice pricing and better GMC incentives, the Acadia is $800-$1500 cheaper than the Outlook.

Why bother with a 'no hassle' Saturn deal?

Does anyone else have a perspective on this issue?
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    I just looked at a comparison sheet I did for myself comparing Outlook and Acadia pricing. An SLT2 AWD Acadia with no additional options has an MSRP of $38,105 and invoice price of $35,676 (both numbers are before incentives). A similarly equipped Outlook XR AWD w/leather, memory seats, captains, convenience pkg and 6-disc changer is MSRP of $36,600.

You can get the $1,000 Conquest cash on either vehicle, so I'll ignore that. However, there is a $500 bonus cash available in my region ($1000 in certain other regions) on the Acadia that apparently is not available on the Outlook. So if you could really get invoice price before incentives on the Acadia (which I doubt you can - yet) you would be paying at least $1,424 less than the Outlook in my example. But, even if you paid $1000 over invoice, you'd still be $424 ahead with the Acadia.

I haven't mentioned that my Outlook example doesn't include dual exhaust, which is standard on the Acadia but you need to buy the Touring pkg with 19" wheels to get on the Outlook. Also on the Acadia, you can get the head-up display (at additional cost of course) that is not available on the Outlook (and not included in my example above).

If you have any GM Card earnings to use, the Acadia starts becoming a lot cheaper because you can't use those on Saturn either.
    Great example! Why pay more for the Saturn and get less.

As for invoice pricing, aggressive buyers from other forums state that $500 above invoice is a common deal, but some claim to be getting the cars at invoice (then minus the incentives).

Very interesting.
    I have seen some of those claims of buying at invoice, and I suspect that some of these people actually think MSRP and invoice mean the same thing. I trust the postings that show the actual numbers and options a lot more than someone who just says "I bought at invoice".

Most of the seemingly credible posts I've seen tend to be between $500 and $1,000 over invoice before incentives, with some claiming to be lower and some even admitting to paying MSRP.
  • jrocco001jrocco001 Member Posts: 17
    I contacted my local Internet sales manager via gmbuypower.com and their first price quote was $500 over invoice, plus $400 dealer fee. After some negotiating, they added thier dealer fee back to my trade value, which was fair (but not great). They also honored all the current incentives - I paid around 33K at 0.0% for a nicely equipped SLT2 in Red Jewel after those ($1000 in conquest cash, $500 in bonus cash, $1000 in GM card earnings, and another $1000 in GM card bonus earnings (if you have the card, be sure to send away for literature and/or contact a dealer through gmbuypower.com - it increases your odds of being included in the quarterly bonus points marketing campaign...or so the Redemption Center told me.)

MSRP was 38,080..their price was was 36,521 + $397 dealer fee.

Another dealer quoted invoice + dealer fee, but could not deliver the vehicle we negotiated (claimed he had assurances from another dealer to obtain it via trade, and they sold it out from under him). So, I wouldn't count that as an actual invoice deal.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    My local dealer agreed to order me an Acadia any way I wanted it for $500 over invoice less any incentives in place at delivery. With some negotiation, $300 over is certainly possible--but for $200 I wouldn't waste the time/energy. Dealer processing fee is only $75.
    Thanks for the detailed post jrocco. This level of detailed information is very helpful.
    No problem - good luck if you're in the market. I worked w/ 3 different other dealers before I found the one I mentioned.

One would not budge off MSRP (which ticked me off a little, as I bought a new vehicle from them some years before and always had it serviced there), one offered invoice and a very nice price on the trade but could not deliver, another offered invoice + dealer fee but could not deliver (the latter two involved dealer trades which fell through).

gmbuypower.com shows both current stock and those in transit. I honestly think the best way to obtain a vehicle is start there - the internet prices are usually very aggressive, as each dealer is in essence competing with all others. I took this route and agreed on the price over the phone pending their offer on my trade.

I worked with a traditional salesman when I got there to work out the trade and paperwork - he indicated he'd been selling cars for 20 years and preffered Internet referrals, as both parties tend to start bargaining at a more reasonable price (he told me half his customers come in asking him to take 3K of MSRP before they'll even consider it...which sometimes they do, but not in the case of high-demand vehicles.

I picked up the vehicle yesterday when it arrived. The only other Acadia they had on the lot was purchased in the same manner - if you work out a deal for an in-transit vehicle, the rest of the sales team can't fight over it. My salesman indicated they are selling them as fast as they come in, regardless of color/options. I feel fortunate to have found one that I liked:

SLT2 Red Jewel
    8 passenger seating (bench)
    HUD
    Trailoring Package
    Skyscape sunroof (which is the only thing I didn't really want to pay for...but it is nice).

Oh, one more thing - they told me that dealer hold-back on the vehicle is 3%...which is in-line with other sources I've seen.

So, theoretically, you can get 3% below invoice and the dealer would break even, but I doubt many would even consider going that low. The hold-back essentially represents the interest/financing costs for them to borrow money to pay for the vehicle. GM re-imburses them for this 90 days from when they obtain it (theory being it should not stay in stock for more than that)...its gravy for them if they sell them right away (no carrying costs, and they get the $ from GM anyway)...but I doubt any would put that money on the table unless the vehicle was in stock for over the 90 days, at which point it may become a liability for them.

Heck, they had a GTO sticked for $31K that had been on the lot forever. I joked with him that I'd give him $24K for it, and he told me he'd consider it if I was serious :)
    I will probably not be in the market for another 4-6 months, but I'm tracking this stuff pretty closely as I want to be prepared. The inventory and in transit vehicles in my area are not even close to what I want, which is an SLT2 with HUD and really no other options. My (i.e. my wife's :) ) color preferences are also pretty narrow. Most of the SLT2s seem to be loaded with Nav, Sunroof, 19's that I'm not going to pay for. I'm stuck with having to get an SLT2 because I want memory seats. I may end up having to order anyway. I buy new cars so infrequently that I'm probably not going to be willing to compromise much on what I want.
    The new March incentives are not impressive. They are $1,500 less than the February incentives.

The smart money will be off the table until more incentives are available, but I am sure once some get the tax refund checks, that money will burn a hole in their pocket and they will be at the dealership.
    Keep your eye out toward the middle of the month. GM usually runs "March Madness" incentives to coincide with the NCAA basketball tournament.
  • bruheardbruheard Member Posts: 1
    So what is "Conquest Cash"?
    Conquest Cash is a non-model specific incentive offered by GM (currently through 3/15). You can get it if you have a non-GM vehicle titled at your address (it can be your trade or your other vehicle). My dealer told me it only applied to 1999 and later models, but I hear some people have been getting it for their vintage/collector vehicles as well.

I believe its $1000 across the board (all vehicles)
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Unless GM has changed the incentive over the last two weeks, the amount varies by model. It was only $500 for the G6 as recently as Feb 20th.
  • aroxasaroxas Member Posts: 10
    I located a loaded SLT2 AWD in dealer inventory (Norther NJ)in www.gmsupplierdiscount.com. I have a supplier discount.

The MSRP comes to $44,965.00. The supplier Price right under it is $42,047.03. When you click on the Window Sticker, a lower supplier price $40,092.90 shows up. At what price can I get the car?

One dealer tells me that I have to pay the 42K number because it includes advertising fees, etc for the dealership. Is this true?
  • michigalmichigal Member Posts: 11
    So far, I know about Costco, Autoantage, Edmunds, & Gmbuypower as ways to compute invoice & MSRP costs, and to invite or acquire competitive dealer quotes. I am ready to buy an Acadia SLT-2, & I wonder if it makes sense to use more than one, or if there is a 'best' one to use?
  • islanddadislanddad Member Posts: 1
    Ordered a carbon metallic with ebony leather AWD Acadia SLT 1. Additional options include dual skyscape sunroof, convenience package, trailering, cargo package, power liftgate, heads up display, 8 passenger seating, cargo area audio controls, 115 v 3 prong power outlet, XM radio, heated windshield washer and 2 years of Onstar.

Net of incentives, $34,513.83. dealer profit $225 ordered price of $34,738 versus MSRP of $39,024 (plus $399 for 2nd year of onstar)
  • ppalonskyppalonsky Member Posts: 34
    What incentives did you qualify for on this deal? Based on Edmunds pricing, invoice (without advertising fee) is $36,215.
  • michigalmichigal Member Posts: 11
    Sounds like an exceptional deal! did you get an employee discount? who was your dealer? Please give us some more info, if you don't mind.
    For the Acadia that I am interested in - AWD Acadia SLT-2 with tow pkg, prem paint, & 8-pass seating (-$411)- the Edmunds TMV, is a paltry $72 under MSRP (invoice is $2544 below MSRP of $38780 (Invoice is $36,236.)
  • mannymrmannymr Member Posts: 2
    Anyone hear that Diamond White is on restriction? What does that mean: i.e. did they have problems with that color?
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    Blue gold is on restriction as well.
  • aroxasaroxas Member Posts: 10
    What does "on restriction" mean? I can't put in an order for that color?
    You can order it, but it won't get scheduled for production until the restriction is lifted.
    According to someone on another forum, the blue-gold restriction was lifted and white-diamond is the only color that is still not being produced. I have seen pictures from Acadia owners in every color except white diamond.
    My restriction information was about a week and a half old, so it may well have changed by now.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a national newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who currently are or just recently purchased a new vehicle and factored or will factor in where the car was made (i.e. made in the USA). Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, March 16, 2007 with your daytime contact info.
  • sox83sox83 Member Posts: 2
    For everyone's reading pleasure... here's the deal I got this morning on my Acadia. Spent about 4 weeks waiting for a decent amount of inventory in the Atlanta area before feeling like I had a few options.

Carbon Metallic with Titanium interior - SLT2 with nav, dvd, hud - front wheel drive.

MSRP $42,965
    SELL PRICE: $40,373
    PLUS DOC FEE: $395
    LESS $1,000 CONQUEST REBATE (GOT BLACK BOOK FOR MY TRADE)
    LESS $2,200 GM CARD

Also purchased the GM Extended bumper to bumper (60mo/60k miles) warranty for $1000.

Thoroughly enjoyed all of the people I came in contact with at Capital Buick, Pontiac, GMC.
    Congrats.

Looks like you did well.

I really hate those Doc Fees ,it is just plain BS!

Enjoy your new car.

I am still not sure why others would pay MSRP for the Outlook?

Very odd.
  • zplnfanzplnfan Member Posts: 18
    I just saw a Diamond White at the Reno dealership when checking the inventory online. Apparently, they are now out there.
    Yep, just saw pics from a new owner on another forum.
  • hschehsche Member Posts: 9
    I had been told by GM Card that the max GM card earnings you can use on an Acadia is $1,000. Is that information wrong, or is there away around the maximum? Thanks and Enjoy!
    I had been told by GM Card that the max GM card earnings you can use on an Acadia is $1,000. Is that information wrong, or is there away around the maximum? Thanks and Enjoy!

It depends on whether you have the original or "old" GM Card or the "new" GM Card. The "new" GM Card (which is not really new, it's just newer) has maximum allowances for each vehicle. It also doesn't limit how much you can earn in any one year.

The "old" card is limited to $500 earnings per year, up to a maximum of 7 years or $3500 total at any one time. You can apply these earnings to any eligible vehicle - no allowances.

I got my card in 1990 and never switched it to the new card, so I have the old card. GM Card customer service can tell you which card you have.
  • sox83sox83 Member Posts: 2
    I was able to apply $2200 from an old GM Gold card on my Acadia... it took the dealership a phone call to GM Card Services before they sorted it all out.