Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Don't walk--RUN from those deals. Go to GMbuypower.com, locate Acadias in a big city and request quotes from several dealers. Make sure that you tell them that you are aware of all rebates and incentives (and do the research first). Cash for Clunkers is not coming back anytime soon, so GM dealers should be happy to get these things off their lots.

For what you're looking at paying, you could get an 09 Acura MDX or a CX-9 with lots of change back.
  • blendblend Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone heard of a Luxury and Fuel Inefficient Surcharge? I am in the state of NJ and the dealer wanted to tack on an additional .4%. Normally, NJ sales tax is 7%, not 7.4%. Any response would be appreciated.
  • rosalita829rosalita829 Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I are looking to buy a black 2010 Acadia SL, and would appreciate feedback on the offer we received. We have the 1.9% financing, and total of $30,180 for the car. They have also offered a fair trade-in for our car.
  • cross_currentcross_current Member Posts: 14
    Invoice should be around $40,100 for those vehicles. Subtracting the $1500 case rebate takes you to $38,600 (invoice minus rebate) so you would be paying $1600 over that. No thanks.
  • acadia_buyer1acadia_buyer1 Member Posts: 2
    Dealer has offered :
    2010 Red Jewel FWD SLT-1
    Rear DVD, no other options.
    Sale Price - $34,700 before tax tag and title
  • grummanflyrgrummanflyr Member Posts: 5
    I paid ~$34,407 (after rebates) on a 2009 Acadia with AWD, Power Liftgate, Sunroof(s) and remote start...
  • acadia_buyer1acadia_buyer1 Member Posts: 2
    this one also had the remote start and power liftgate (that's standard on the slt1, right). dealer also agreed to throw in a hitch...

thanks for the input.
  • carshopper57carshopper57 Member Posts: 3
    What was the sticker price? I am looking for a similar vehicle (2010 Red FWD SLT1) and think you're getting a decent price. In what part of the country are you making the purchase?
  • hate_car_shopghate_car_shopg Member Posts: 9
    Have not bought just yet, but have a quote for a Carbon Black, AWD, SLE with the trailer package. Out the door with taxes and all $35637.18. Would have liked heated seats and heated outside mirrors. Hubby does not know if we need AWD. I say keep it. We are in Chitown so we get the snow (exhibit A is outside our window) ;)
  • clarence10clarence10 Member Posts: 57
    I was looking at a pre-owned GMC certified 2007 Acadia in Blue with Power liftgate, remote start, DVD. Moon Roof, etc. No Nav. Seems to have everything in it.

They are asking $29,500.
    28k miles
    1 owner/Trade-In

He says original sticker was around $44,000.

It seems kind of expensive for a 2 1/2 year old car.

Am I better off buying new? are there still 2009's around?

I am on the NY area. Any recommendations?
  • maryn165maryn165 Member Posts: 12
    I am in Long Island NY and just purchaed a SLE AWD. Bought the car with taxes for $39,599 and put $10,000 down and my payment will be$482 a month. That is on a 72 month 4.9% financing with 2,000 in rebates. Just was wondering what you thought of the deal and if it was a good one.
    Vehcile had rear dvd in it also
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    That should be $417 per month. $39k is on high end even for a loaded SLE AWD.
    The 39k is with the taxes (don't know if you read that) I got the car for 37,933 about 500 and change over invoice according to Edmunds. Are you saying this is not a good deal. Please let me know because I still have not officially closed it out.
  • ethandaneethandane Member Posts: 14
    SLT-1/AWD/Black/Dual Moonroof/DVD Player
    Purchasing it, No Financing!

MSRP $43,900
    Sales Price $42,290
    Rebates $3000 (includes Conquest for Infiniti Lease

Final Sales Price $39,290 plus ttl

let me know.
  • ruzz1141ruzz1141 Member Posts: 13
    I am in Raleigh, NC. Just picked up our shiny new Carbon Black/Cashmere Leather SLT1 today and love it! Did a lot of research and this site was most helpful. Here are details:

2010 Acadia SLT1
    Installed Options: Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Roof
    MSRP = $40,995

We qualified for Supplier pricing of $39,488. We did a 3 year lease and got these incentives as well:
    - $3,500 Cash to Customer Rebate
    - $1,000 Conquest Incentive (we have an Infiniti on lease)
    - $750 Rebate for loyalty as we purchased a 2009 Solstice in December

A total or $5,250 in rebates/incentives. We were replacing a Murano that had one more lease payment due for $554 in April, and we got that covered as well. So all in all, we think we got a good amount off MSRP.

If you plan on leasing, be careful, these guys want to pack the lease rates/money factors. First we were quoted 2.52% lease rate and .37 residual. We checked around and also saw CarMan quoting .95 which is the buy rate. We went back to them and got the 3 year lease at .95% and 41% residual with zero down.
    We never, ever put money down on a lease other than drive offs.

We think we got a good deal, and hope this helps others shopping around out there. Bottom line, research to find out all available incentives/rebates and ask the dealers as there are some unpublished ones as well.

Thanks and enjoy your Acadia.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    So.. what is the payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

When adding in the following fees:
    $399 doc fee
    $890 GMAC lease acquisition fee
    $73 license fee

...the 36 month lease payment with tax is $574.47 per month. We paid first month lease payment and tax on rebates for drive off total of $807 today.
    Oh, forgot, Also included in the lease in lieu of a security deposit for $500 we did the $599 lease protection plan that covers up to $5000 in damages, wear and tear, etc.
  • macdaddy4x4macdaddy4x4 Member Posts: 7
    sounds like a solid deal. Can you tell me what the residual was and what the lease buy out option is? i am trying to determine what the upcharges to the calculated residuals are for those who may want to purchase at the end of the lease

Thank
    The lease shows:
    Residual Value: $16,807.95
    Purchase Option: $19,307.95

To reiterate, this is a 36 mth, 12K mile lease. Hope that helps.
  • macdaddy4x4macdaddy4x4 Member Posts: 7
    thanks. Just wanted to confirm that the $2,500 tack on to the residual wasn't just part of my lease. Not sure why they changed their policy on this and don't like it, but it definitely impacts the desire to purchase at the end.
  • heyroccoheyrocco Member Posts: 7
    Is this a good deal, before taxes?

GMC Acadia, AWD, SLT-1, 7 passenger, DVD

$40,936 - $2000 rebate = $38,936
  • njacadianjacadia Member Posts: 1
    Why is the financing so high? I guess this has to do with credit score? The biggest appeal of getting an Acadia is the 0% financing.
  • timmymcktimmymck Member Posts: 2
    Carbon Black, Sunroof, and Trailering package are only upcharges. All else is standard SLT-1 equipment
    Dealership in Akron, Ohio is offering/telling me this for a purchase price:

MSRP - $42,980
    Offered Price - $41,363
    Doc Fees - $250
    Total Selling Price - $41,613
    .065 Sales Tax - $2,704.85
    TTL - $33.50
    Less Rebate ($2,000)

Out the door price - $42,351.35

Edmonds Dealer Invoice shows $40,722. If that is correct (which they tell me is not) , they are starting at $41,363 so I'm starting at $641.00 over invoice.

Your feedback is much appreciated! Great site.
    Just bought a 2010 Acadia SLT-1 Red Jewel MSRP $39755 (no additional options). Selling price $37199 (or $35199 with rebate) and we chose the 0% financing. You should (at least) be able to get the vehicle down to invoice price (before TT&L) with little effort and then either apply the rebate or the financing. I worked with the internet salesperson via email.
  • jneen1105jneen1105 Member Posts: 2
    I am considering purchasing a 2008 Acadia. Does anyone know whether you can use the navigation without purchasing the OnStar service? I am not interested in real time traffic updates - just directions.
  • timmymcktimmymck Member Posts: 2
    When considering nav for the 2010 i was told that it was on-board DVD based so you might have to update the DVD every couple years. For a fee of course. It was independent of OnStar.
  • sonnylaxsonnylax Member Posts: 1
    Trying to get a rock bottom price on loaded Acadia SLT-2....

1. Question regarding GMC rebates - Do they apply the various GMC rebates BEFORE or AFTER the tax, tag, license is added? (Makes a pretty big difference when considering a car that is going to cost more then 40 grand.)

2. Question regarding GM Card Rebates - I've got a additional 1800.00 in GM Card rewards to apply to this new purchase. Is this applied BEFORE or AFTER sales tax is calculated.

Seems like both the GMC rebates and the GM Card Rewards would reduce the final price of the car before Tax, Tag, License.
    I didn't get the 0 percent because I took a 6 year loan not because of my credit score. I wanted to keep my payments below 500. I will probably pay it off a bit ealier when I get my tax refunds over the next 3 years so it won't make that big of a difference.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a GM, Ford or Chrysler within the past year for the first time. If you purchased the vehicle to help out the US automakers, please make note of that as well. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, April 20, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• skiquattroskiquattro Member Posts: 2
    Help! working with a dealer:
    2010 Acadia SLT II
    Summit White
    Cashmere Int
    Nav/Rear DVD/tow/loaded

was their demo, has 4800 miles

I am in zip code 11560/ Nassau County, NY/ Sales tax 8.625%

it does apply for 0% 60mo

approx numbers they game me are
    buy: 5k down $775/mo plus registration
    lease: 1300 out of pocket $813/mo 20K miles/year

please help...also, are there other vechiles in this segment with better deals? I will be running this thru my business.
  • skiquattroskiquattro Member Posts: 2
    sorry

msrp 49100
    price 47100
    You could get a new one for that price or less. Keep in mind this one has almost 5k miles.
  • baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    I'm currently getting ready to negotiate on a 2010 SLT-1 Acadia.

Would it be totally unreasonable to offer $150 over invoice? How much over invoice are most people getting these for right now?

I understand there is another $2000 cash incentive off of the negotiated price as well. Any quick advice would be most appreciated...my '08 Acadia was totaled last week and I need to make a quick deal without the normal amount of time I spend researching cars!
  • buddy0329buddy0329 Member Posts: 1
    When does GM usually post these figures for the new model year? RIght now they only have the Buick #'s in there for 2011.

How good is the supplier pricing? We'll be going to take a look at the Acadia's over the weekend and I'm trying to determine if the special pricing is at or above invoice.

Before accounting for rebates how much +/- are these Acadia's going for between 2010 and 2011's?

Thanks!
  • aiduaneaiduane Member Posts: 15
    I'm shopping for a new crossover and this is the deal on the tabel for a 2011 Acadia, SLT1 AWD with sunroof...sound good?
    MSRP $42,555
    Sell price $40,681
    Lease Terms 39 month / 15k miles
    Res .48
    MF .00045
    $598 month with $1512.76 down, TTL
    Plus they are making my last two payments to Nissan for $997...I think I am going to take it...?
  • aiduaneaiduane Member Posts: 15
    So, I am looking to buy one and want to know what others are paying above, or bellow invoice WITHOUT considering current incentives...If you bought an Acadia over the last couple months or have been quoted prices, please post...
  • anakleon75anakleon75 Member Posts: 23
    yes!!! you got the right and fair deal on AWDSLT 1 - 7seater. I did inquiries to 4 dealers here in Bay area ( santa clara county/san mateo/sacramento) and they quote me on same price you have. I have SLT 1 /2008 - 35500M now., and plan to
    upgrade it to 2010 or 2011. Enjoy ur ride.
  • kmctprkmctpr Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I am in the process of purchasing a 2011 GMC Acadia (AWD)SLT-1, Diamond White, Nav, and DVD. MSRP 45090. Dealer offered 41823 (this is after all rebates). Is this a good price? I am in NJ

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • anakleon75anakleon75 Member Posts: 23
    Thats a good deal!! considering that you hve DVD & NAVI!!! I am scheduled to drive out from dealer showroom an SLT 1/2011 Carbon Black /Ebony/AWD at the cost of 39000 without DVD & NAV thats after GM Discount & rebates. I have 2008 SLT 1/AWD and it is under lemon gone thru buyback processed and its done too, since i enjoyed my rides though i have some issues but it did not put me DOWN to hate acadia its bcoz i have more PROS!! GOOD LUCK..
  • bsimbsim Member Posts: 1
    I'm purchasing an Acadia soon and have solid offers from two local dealers.
    2011 SLT1 Metallic black w/Ebony interior w/Sunroof. MSRP 40,570. Initially when I talked with them I could only get them to 38,306. I wasn't happy about the price so I started searching on how to get the best deal. Low and behold, I found a site and started a price war btwn the dealers. This will work with all dealers and not just with GMC. You have to follow the rules exactly as it reads. I have a solid deal for 36,800 out the door priced.. tax, tags and title...

auto-broker-magic.com/newcarpurchase.html
  • bbaakdbbaakd Member Posts: 8
    I'm in MD, got a quote & wondering if it's a good deal.

$44500 w/ 0%, 60 mos financing (w/o financing another $2000 less).

SLT-1 w/ dual moonroof, NAV/rear DVD, trailer.

Thoughts?
  • jhill4jhill4 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Hi - We are in Carmel, indiana and are looking at a 2011 FWD SLT1 Acadia - black with navigation, dvd and towing package. We have never leased - but are interested in it. The dealer quotes us $42638 (for supplier pricing / costco pricing (were within $30 of each other). We have a 2005 Honda Odyssey for trade-in that they said they would give us $10,000 for. Now the leasing part is where i get confused - here is what they offered us:
    if we put the $10K down (not sure if this is a good idea or not) - it would be a payment of $398/month - (39 month lease - 15k miles/yr - 3.45% APR and residual of 46%) They also said we could do a 36 month lease at the same apr of 3.45% for $400 / month with a 48% residual.
    or - if we wanted to keep $8000 from the trade-in - we could do a 39 month lease for $640/month with residual 46% or 36 month for $660 month - 48% residual.
    They also said we might want to consider a shorter term lease of 24 months - if we put all $10000 down could pay $385/month (APR 1.15% with 54% residual) or take $8000 back and pay $760 / month. They said all of these options include a $2500 rebate and the 1st payment is made. Please let me know your thoughts as this is our first experience with leasing and is rather confusing!
    Thanks!
  • 2011acadiaslt2011acadiaslt Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Atlanta, New 2011 SLT1 Silver/Ebony Nav DVD Sunroof:
    $40642 including tax(2500) w/ 2K down, 5500 Trade (2002 QX4 131K) @ 2.94% 66 mos $560

Great Experience at my GMC dealership
  • stone23stone23 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2010
    Hi All...
    In NJ and comparing a quote from 1 dealer...It's for a SLT1 AWD Acadia Summit White, Ebony Interior. Dual Sunroof, DVD Entertainment in the back, 7 passenger.
    MSRP IS $45,595, INVOICE IS $43,022.56 LESS $501. = $42,521.56 LESS REBATES
    They said I qualify for 0% financing with my credit of 739. I have not told them that I intend to trade in my 2009 Mazda CX7. I was told to do this after we have agreed upon a price.

Also, 1 more question: When a dealer adds options, I noticed there is an MSRP for the Option as well as the Invoice price. I assume, I should be expecting to get the invoice price of them correct?

Thanks so much
  • 2011acadiaslt2011acadiaslt Member Posts: 2
    Use the features of this site. According to them you should be targeting a price of 41 before rebates. Also use the request quote from dealer option. and start working them against each other. I'm not sure about the strategy of getting the trade value after your price is established. Is that what the dealer says if so I'd question that. You should have a good price already in mind of what that should be by using the used car features here. I'd look to have the trade factored into your overall deal as you negotiate. That's one more variable they can tinker with to get your payments down by increasing the trade value without impacting the price of the car. I bought a similar car with Nav if you look just above your post last week. But overall, I'd say use all the features of this site.
  • kobeskobes Member Posts: 1
    The idea of a lease is not to put anything down.... you do not own the vehicle. You would be better off selling your other car and keeping the cash in the bank in case you decide to buy a car in a few years. Realize that if you lease R you getting any write offs off on your taxes. After 2-3 years you give the car back, you have nothing. Be aware leasing is not for every one! If in 2-3 years you have nothing to put down so you start from scratch. If you can afford it, borrow the money from your self and you be the leasing company, you would be better off. This way it is 0% and no rent charge.
    Rich
  • texanagaintexanagain Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Signed contract yesterday for a new 2011 Denali, White Diamond Tricoat/Cashmere with NAV and second row console. I added $150 for dark tinting front windows (legal in TX). MSRP is $46,980 and Inv is $45,401. Negotiated a final price of $42,900 (before adding $150 for window tinting). Edmunds TMV is $45,325, so I think I got a good deal. Any comments? I am putting down $3,000.
    1. Dealer financing form calculates the 6.25% sales tax on the selling price BEFORE down payment deducted. Shouldnt they deduct the $3K down pmt BEFORE calculating tax?
    2. Dealer added "Dealer Inventory Tax" of $80.51. Is that Kosher?
    3. Dealer also added $125 for document fee. I understand that this number is negotiable. Any comments on what be a fair number. I had heard that anything over $100 is high.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    1) In Texas you pay tax on the price of the car... doesn't matter how much is down..

2) The inventory tax is a dealer tax, but virtually every dealer in Texas passes it on to the consumer

3) Document fees used to be restricted by law in Texas, but no longer... so, they might be all over the map..

2) and 3).. Total $200... You'd have an easier time trying to negotiate your deal down by another $200 than focusing on these two fees... All that matters is the total cost, in the end.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator