Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jrocco001jrocco001 Member Posts: 17
    I have the "old" Platinum card...they only honored $1000 in my earnings (I only had $1023 anyway), but they did allow me another $1000 in "bonus" earnings that were part of a marketing campaign.
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    Buyers on another forum who have the "old" GM Card are all reporting that they were able to apply the full amount of the their earnings (up to the $3500 maximum that can be on the card at any one time) on the purchase of their Acadias - no limits. "New" cardholders are subject to the $1,000 limit.
  • flyboy8flyboy8 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anyone has purchased an Acadia lately and has gotten the Edmunds invoice price or the Edmunds invoice plus $500. Or if they are going for the dealer invoice( which include advertising fees etc) plus $500 or so.
  • winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    I am curious to see what kind of pricing new Acadia buyers are getting?
  • metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    The question of the day is; do you all think that getting something better than GM Supplier pricing (i.e. about 500 over invoice) is possible on the Acadia? :confuse:
  • cravenfancravenfan Member Posts: 11
    I think supplier pricing is about $148 under invoice, at least on the SLT1 I priced out today with the dealer. :shades:
  • wiscbadgerwiscbadger Member Posts: 3
    Negotiated an SLT-2 AWD for a shade under dealer invoice (w/o rebates,etc.)...and even that took a while.
  • lsouterlsouter Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone had experience purchasing the ACADIA using GM Supplier pricing AND getting the $1000 conquest cash available? I think I may have a delaer who is pulling my leg - as they say you can't combine the supplier discount and the conquest cash. Thanks!
  • sboyd1sboyd1 Member Posts: 13
    Mine told me the same thing, and I tend to believe him. He was trying to give me supplier pricing + Conquest and the computer wouldn't let him. Could it have all been a big game? Of course, but since we had already agreed on a price for the car that was about $70 higher than supplier pricing it didn't bother me too much.
    I've heard the way some people have gotten around this is that their dealers were willing to give them a deal at or near supplier pricing without calling it "supplier pricing". Then they were able to give the Conquest cash as well.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Where are you seeing the $1000 Conquest cash? I've looked and on the Acadia all that show up is 4.9% apr...no Cash. The Saturn Outlook shows 1.9% OR $1000 cash incentive available. I checked for Memphis area and another state out west. I wonder if this a regional incentive not available in all areas?

BTW, the Supplier Pricing I checked on the Outlook did show the $1000 cash allowance in the pricing.
    That sound like that would work okay. Last time we used the GSM program in May 2004, the dealer deducted the DOC fee that is preprinted on their sales orders. Unless that part of the GSM program has changed, if there is a significant DOC fee that could make the deal less attractive.
    The Conquest cash shows up under my zip code (68135), so maybe it is regional.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/gmc/acadia/100819751/incentives.html?vdp=off&set- zip=68135&state=NE
    I'm in the DFW area in TX. $1000 Conquest cash was available when I purchased my Acadia on 4/7. Don't know the current status but I've read that it's still available. I had lots of problems with the "information" available on various web sites. Especially the GMC/GMAC sites.

The salesman I dealt with was great. He told me everything up front... "Here's MSRP, here's Invoice, I see you're driving a Nissan, here's a rebate that's available. Here's your price for the car." I was really ready to do the negotiation thing but didn't have to.

Of course, Finance was a whole other story :)
    Okay...it shows up for my zip code there on the Edmunds incentive list... My mistake was trying to find it on the GM site :-). The best statement I could find on the GSM site was that 'most' rebates and incentives are available for GSM deals...so maybe this is the exception that is not included. Or maybe the GM software has a flaw in not allowing the conquest cash on a Supplier price deal?
  • jseck2jseck2 Member Posts: 7
    I also didn't see the Conquest Rebate listed anywhere but I did get it when I bought mine. I think I got a decent deal-

MSRP=$31,019 (SLE with convenience, trailering, preferred, cargo, xm and 8 passenger)
    Invoice- $28,942
    Rebate- $1000

I paid- $27990 or about $50 over invoice less the rebate. Other than taxes, title, etc. the only junk fee was a $50 document fee, which is pretty standard in my area.

I suspect prices will drop a bit by the end of summer when the new models come out but feel I did pretty well.
  • donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    Picked up my Acadia today and the Conquest
    cash was still there. Salesman said it was good into July at this time.
  • fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    jseck2...In my opinion, I believe you got one heck of a price on your Acadia. In my area they are selling about $500 below MSRP...and they can't keept them in stock.
  • eadlertxeadlertx Member Posts: 20
    jseck2 where did you buy your acadia?
  • metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    I just priced out SLT1-4A on the GMC site and it comes back with MSRP including dest of 36,745 supplier price of 34,887.
    Edmunds invoice is 34,322 all with dest incl....what gives? :confuse:
  • lsouterlsouter Member Posts: 13
    Picked up our Acadia SLT tonight.I think the deal was a good one. We got a SLT1 in blue-gold metallic (it's really pretty), with convenience pkg, power liftgate, cargo pkg, 19 inch rims, titanium leather, captains chairs, XM, rear audio controls. After a trade of our 2003 VUE, OTD we paid 31K. Oh, I did get the conquest by not using the gm supplier price. We kinda split the difference and came out $300 ahead by not using it. Buying experience was pleasant.
  • anthony008anthony008 Member Posts: 4
    I have been reading this forum since I ordered my Acadia back on March 7th. Well, on April 12th the car arrived. A silver w/ blk leather SLT2 with sky roof, DVD, trailer pkg and 8 pass seating. The experience was fine because I have purchased a car from them already. I was going to use my GMS price but I was not eligible for the 1k conquest if you use the GMS program. So the dealer made a deal to sell me the car for 36700 and then give me the rebate ($35700).
    The car is better than I ever imagined. It drives great and the amenities are better that most cars we looked at. We have looked at cars for about 1 year and waited for the Acadia to arrive and test drove it. The interior room is by far the best I have seen. I almost settled for a Tahoe boy am I glade we waited. I have heard about the transmission TCM issues but have not experienced it with my car. The six speed transmission takes some getting use to. So far the best vehicle I have owner. Home run GMC...
  • cajun53cajun53 Member Posts: 2
    We want to replace our beloved Nissan Armada (way too bad on gas!!) and have fell in love with the Acadia. After much research, I think we are ready to buy. I need some help on pricing, though. I know about Conquest Cash and I will get the Military rebate, but what is GM Supplier pricing? I've noticed it's a big topic. Can anyone use it? We will be ready to pull the trigger on this purchase soon, so any and all help is appreciated. Thanks and Semper Fi.
  • chipster562chipster562 Member Posts: 1
    We got our Acadia for 32,000 it is just the base model.
    The dealer would not budge much on the price. I am curious as to how other owners get on milage. We are only getting 12 MPG and on a hiway trip to Las Vegas we got 19 MPG.
    Employees of companies that have a business relationship with GM...well, last year GM & maybe Ford and Chrysler all ran promotions to give the 'supplier' pricing to everyone. Your HR department can tell you if your company is in the supplier pricing program for GM (or Ford or any of the others). GM supplier program information is available at https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/ then look under the FAQ section for more information.
    As I stated last week, I paid just under $28000 for an SLE-1 (sticker $31K+) from Gay GMC in Dickinson Texas. It was the one advertised in the paper and it had pretty much exactly what I wanted, so I bought it.

My MPG has been a low of 16 and a high of 23. Average over 2100 miles has been around 18+. I did change the oil & filter at 1000 miles, though I doubt that did much to help mpg. I'm slightly disppointed in the mileage overall but 23 mpg highway at 75-80 mph is pretty good and I doubt any other vehicle would do much better.

BTW there is a writeup in USNews and World Report that picks the Acadia as the best overall alternative to a minivan and the best value as well.
    "I'm slightly disppointed in the mileage overall but 23 mpg highway at 75-80 mph is pretty good and I doubt any other vehicle would do much better. "

I don't remember the details of the testing used to get the current EPA sticker rating (25-26 on the Lambada 2WD IIRC), but I don't think it was based on 75-80 mph driving. If you are getting 23 mpg at that speed, you could probably get 26 at 60-65 mph.

I went and found a listing for the tests...more than I thought...might be the new test schedules... http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/fe_test_schedules.shtml

Now there will be 5 tests instead of the 2 previous ones, starting with 2008 models.
    I agree. There are many factors that make it pretty tough to get the posted highway figures. My old Ford owners manual said to expect a 15% decrease in mileage for 65 mph instead of the 55 mph the test was based on. Combine that with the higher ethanol content of the fuel we also have now and I think the 23 highway is pretty good. What is diappointing is the city number or combined driving numbers. For example I made 2 identical 80 mile round trips this past weekend. For these 160 miles I averaged 18 MPG and over 100 miles of that was 65 mph highway driving. Seems I should be getting better than the city estimate.

There was also an article I read online the other day about a guy that drove the length of the Garden State Parkway in NJ at the posted minimum speed (45 mph) in a corolla or camry and got 57 mpg! So speed is the biggest factor but if the speed limit is 70 mph, it is not safe to drive 55.
  • cajun53cajun53 Member Posts: 2
    Noticed many people say they can't use the GMS discount price and get the $1000 Conquest cash. I went in today to spec out a vehicle to order with the GMS price and the 1k Conquest cash and my salesman told me I could get both. Is this a regional thing or am I getting my leg pulled. Also...With the GMS price, can the dealer add the delivery charge and the doc fee?? I know for a fact the the Ford equivalent of this program does not allow any extra fees to be added, including destination/delivery and documentation charges...just TT&L. Thanks for the help.
  • mtnwestsiennamtnwestsienna Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

As you can see from my username I was set on buying a Toyota Sienna (minivan) until I came across the Acadia. It is a great option in terms of people/cargo hauling capacity that we need yet I don't have to hang my head in shame as I give in to driving a minivan ;-)

We love the looks/styling of the Acadia and the interior is very competitive with what you would get space wise + seating capacity as the minivan so in my mind it is a clear winner over the minivan.

Anyway, we have closely inspected the Acadia including test driving it at length and now have a price quote that I wanted to run by the forum.

PRICE QUOTE
    SLT-2 w/everything including navigation, DVD, sunroofs, jewel red exterior
    (the only thing it doesn't have is the heads-up display + the wheels are the standard alloy wheels on the Acadia)
    MRSP = $44,315
    INVOICE = $41,718
    SALES PRICE = +$500 over invoice ($500 + $41,718)
    TOTAL = $42,218
    CONQUEST REBATE (we don't own a GM vehicle) = -$1,000
    FINAL SALES PRICE = $41,218 + TTL
  • 1gianni11gianni1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi All,

Here is the quote I got for Acadia SLT-1 + convience pkg, power liftgate and moon roof. I'm planning to purchase around Memorial day, hope I'll get even better deal. Still deciding if I should get the Acadia or Honda Odyssey (which is around $27,700 for the same spec).

Quote: $33,618 - $1000(conquest) - $500 = $32,118
    and possible $1,350 from my GM card.

Is that good deal? Anyone know the money factor for Acadia? Thanks.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    My wife hates driving a minivan because "It makes me feel old." So, when her whining reaches critical mass, we trade in the Odyssey on an SUV. Since 2001 we have owned: Ody-Tahoe-Ody-MDX-Ody. While we both appreciate the utility of the Odyssey (the most practical vehicle ever made in my opinion), we both miss the SUVs. So, I think we'll be buying an Acadia when the Odyssey's run-flat tires wear out this summer. But, if history is any indicator, we'll be looking for an 08 Ody about a year or so later.

For an active family with kids, there's just no better vehicle than the Odyssey. I hope the Acadia changes my mind...
    Hi,

We're waiting for GM to provide enough incentive for us to pull the trigger on the Acadia. It doesn't seem like they have much bargaining room at the moment off of MSRP. Here is our quote we just rec'd today (5/3/07) on an SLT-2, Red Jewel, 19" wheels, DVD player, Heads Up Display, Cargo area audio controls, HID headlamps, Trailering Package.

MSRP - $41,900
    INVOICE - $39,660
    + $400 (over invoice)
    DOC FEE - $290
    TITLE/LICENSE - $200
    TOTAL PRICE = $40,550
    LESS
    CONQUEST REBATE = -$1,000
    GM CASH BACK = -$500
    GRAND TOTAL / OTD PRICE (AFTER REBATES) = $39,050 + tax

We would welcome comments/questions as we're trying to decide how competitive this is or if we can do better....

We're also wondering when the '08 Acadias are going to be available as we would hate to purchase a couple of weeks before knowing what options will be new for '08. :confuse:
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Looks pretty good, if that's as close to invoice as you can get.

Right now, the demand for the Acadia is just growing so much, that dealers simply don't have to drop the price much, and as part of GM's revised pricing, there really isn't that much room to do so.

Granted, mid to late this summer, you may see an increase in the incentive figure or finance rate, but all that will be left then is a few oddly optioned or colored '07s. 2008 production starts on June 18th, and the only changes have already been covered--a rear view camera on models with navigation, a pearl black replacing the Carbon metallic, and a revised pearl white. That's essentially it.
  • gizmo010101gizmo010101 Member Posts: 4
    ">What kind of discounts are out there for GMS pricing? I have a friend who can get me the special coupons as he is an executive at GM. He can get the employee price and the supplier price. Which is better and how much would those be worth on an Acadia that stickers between 30K-36K? I also have about $600 in GM card earnings and a loyalty certificate from GM worth $2350 for problems I am having with my current vehicle, a 2004 Malibu Maxx :lemon:. I am thinking that I could get a base Acadia in the low-mid 20K's with these discounts but I'm not sure. For those of you who already own them, what are your positives for them? Any negatives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
    I think I paid $50 or $70 for the doc fee. You might be able to do better than $290.
  • medautomedauto Member Posts: 1
    My MSRP was 41170 and I paid 39500. The dealer closest to my house wanted $800 OVER so I traveled 30 miles. Found the vehicle through the GMC dealer online inventory and did all of the negotiations by email. Most painless car purchase ever for me. I love my Acadia. I just finished a 3 year lease on a Cadillac SRX. The SRX costs more than the Acadia but I would choose the Acadia if they cost the same. It handles great, very smooth ride, is more spacious inside and has some great features. Love the heads up display and the power rear hatch open and close from the key remote.
  • boomzerboomzer Member Posts: 37
    Stopped by a GMC/Buick dealer this weekend, they had the Enclave and my wife likes much better than the Acadia so I offered $500 over invoice on a fully loaded vehicle, the salesperson initially said no way, but 15 minutes after I got home, they called and said if I take one off the lot it was a deal. Once I got there the deal was still $500 over invoice, but there was a $900 advertising fee as part of the invoice price. What is the deal with this, the dealer indicated that it is mandatory in NJ to pay this fee, any help on this fee would be appreciated.
    Here's what Edmunds has to say about advertising fees.

"Advertising fees: Sometimes buyers look up invoice prices on Edmunds and find they don't match the invoice price given by a dealer. Is the dealer trying to put one over on the buyer? Not necessarily. This is probably because an advertising fee is involved. If an advertising fee is listed on the car's invoice we consider it a legitimate fee that should be paid. However, if the advertising fee is written into the buying contract by the dealer it is another example of a dealer trying to pass along his expense to the buyer."

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/117494/article.html

My experience is that they usually amount to about 1-2% of MSRP excluding destination.
    Thanks, I had read that on Edmunds when I got home as well, but it still doesn't make me feel better. The fee was 2% of MSRP, actually it was two different 1% fees. The manager indicated certain parts of the country do not charge the fee, but in the Northeast it was standard. That said, getting the Enclave for $500 over invoice plus the $900 was not a bad price for a brand new model that just came out. They even let me order one for the same price with no obligation to buy, but I would have first dibs. May stick with the minivan, but having two small kids with carseats, this is the really only alternative in the luxery crossover segment, as the captains chairs allow access to the third row.
  • willhbautowillhbauto Member Posts: 6
    Im an internet sales manager for a dealer here in AZ, that fee is a fee that GM charges to the invoice, the dealership pays for it just like they pay for the vehicle, we have it here in AZ too and there no way around, if you can buy an Acadia or an Enclave for $500 over invoice, then buy it now before someone else does! Thats a great deal. On something that popular the dealer deserves to make a small profit.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    Of course, the profit includes holdback plus any other incentives the dealer gets for meeting overall sales figures, etc. Also, the dealer does get the benefit of the advertising fees as those help cover advertising done by the company both nationally and regionally. Just because a vehicle is popular does not mean that the consumer should be gouged by paying too much over invoice. $500 over invoice is very fair to a dealer, espceically on a customer ordered car. If a dealer does not make a profit he can't stay in business, so a buyer should not try to squeeze him so hard he does not make something. By the same token, the dealer should make a fair profit on all sales and keep his customers coming back because they were treated fairly and the entire process was not an adversarial event.
  • jfin1jfin1 Member Posts: 1
    Bought an SLT-2 last month in Southern California. Negotiated $500 UNDER INVOICE, plus $1000 off per GM promotion, then another $500 off with my GM Card earnings = $2000 under invoice. GM is in a world of hurt right now. Exploit their bad fortion for the best deal you can get.
    That is an excellent price! ($500 UNDER invoice + GM card earnings & current promotions = $2000 UNDER invoice...)

We've browsed the current inventory extensively in our area (Mountain West) & couldn't find the right SLT-2 as far as options & color(s) that we were interested in. We had to place an order for ours so we didn't get nearly as good of a deal as you did. However, we decided that if we were going to go with ALL the options and pay for it then we wanted it EXACTLY to our specs so I went into it knowing we would would pay a bit more to get it custom. I'll post my final price once it arrives in late June / early July, but it isn't going to be under invoice like you were able to get.

I think you will get the best deals with GM right now when you find the right vehicle on a lot and can negotiate for that vehicle the day of purchase (as opposed to placing an order like we did). Just knowing that GM posted poor Q1 '07 sales/earnings + got knocked off as #1 in auto sales by Toyota means they have incentive to move their inventory.

Wish more people would have been posting deals like you made earlier because it seems like a lot of previous posts weren't anywhere near what you negotiated for. (Which influenced our decision)... well done ;)
  • 1gianni11gianni1 Member Posts: 9
    HI, I was wondering which dealer you went to? I'm also in So Cal, thinking about Acadia or Odyssey. Please reply or e-mail me, thanks.

wumike@verizon.net
  • mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    Good price, however mileage should be better. I am considering an Arcadia (1st American car in 20 years!) and it had allot of appeal including decent prices listed by some posters. I am getting 25 mpg highway miles in my BMW 200 740i at 75mph (confirmed by my cars computer and manual check on gas tank/miles driven and the car has a 302 hp V8! :confuse:
    I have 3 dealers offering the exact same deal $500 over invoice including ad fee on an Enclave. Having hard time getting the ad fee knocked down. They will come down, it is just a question of when. Of course if I knew the Conquest rebate would be extended then I could certainly wait.

Doesn't the dealer make money if you obtain a loan through them as well? While I have planned on paying cash, I have floated the idea of getting a loan through them in return for a lower price, this tactic has not been met with much success.
  • wnydadwnydad Member Posts: 6
    Here in Western New York, the Conquest cash is in place through July, and there is the additional $500 for May.

However, am having a hard time finding an Acadia equipped like I want (SLT-1 with Convenience & Trailering pkgs). Dealer is searching now. I'll update what I find and price I am quoted.
  • wnydadwnydad Member Posts: 6
    Got quoted $1100 OVER invoice on an SLT-1 the other day; with also a weak deal on trrade-in. Certainly won't take that. Tightening inventories on Acadias may make the deals tough. Anyone else seeing such high quotes?
  • markf2markf2 Member Posts: 1
    For the past 3 days, I test drove 3 Acadias, asked for quote, have my trade-in appraised.
    I chanced upon a very base model SLE-1 FWD with only a cargo management option worth $90.
    MSRP = $30080
    Dealer Savings/Incentives = $2055
    Edmunds Invoice = $28163

My dealer told me that I was already been given $700 over invoice. However, all calculations are based on the MSRP $30080. I brought up what I found in Edmunds and the dealer says that Edmunds does not consider dealer ads, etc, etc..in the price. What am I missing?
    The Acadia I'm interested is the very basic model and it clearly shows the MSRP= $30080..I cannot reconcile the figures. Any thoughts?