Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Outlook Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
Tell us about your Outlook shopping experience!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    The first Saturn Dealer wanted MSRP.

I know is was Saturn's original business plan to charge MSRP, but I understand they had to modify the plan to stay in business.

Please post your experiences.

Thanks
  • str8linestr8line Member Posts: 3
    We ordered a fully loaded Outlook just before Christmas. The price came to approximately $44,500(I don't remember the exact price). The dealer would not dicker but we are getting a $1000 GM conquest incentive since we currently own a non-GM car. So our price will be approximately $43,500 before taxes and licensing. I'm a little hesitant to pay full sticker but I really like the vehicle compared to everything else out there(I exhaustively cross-shopped).

We put $100 down so if for some reason I change my mind I can back out of the deal. I found the overall sales experience to be absolutely no pressure. Very refreshing!
  • outlookinoutlookin Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased an Outlook XE FWD and as the others are saying, they are not moving from sticker(St. Louis Area.) They say they are priced that way. The ACADIA with similar options costs $2000 more. Mine with options: conv pack-auto starter,120v outlet(450), trailer pack(425), and preferred package-power drivers seat (505) was stickered at 29,370. The model is the low end for the Outlook.
    FYI- the ACADIA's in Northwest Indiana (Chicagoland Area) were selling as they came in and some stores had waiting lists for them!!
    I have never purchased a new Saturn, so I was not aware of their MSRP no hassle pricing plan. After doing a little research, I did see that over the last 2-3yrs GM gave Saturn a lot of incentives, so they could sell some cars. Outlook is hot right now, so incentives will be low, it will be interesting to see what happens once other crossovers offer cash and interest rate incentives.
  • meadows6meadows6 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought an Outlook XR AWD loaded. There is something wrong with the fuel gauge. It reads that it's half full one second then 1/4 full the next. The needle will then slowly creep up. I'll park it and restart it and then it will say it's empty.

I took it to the dealer today and they looked at it and talked to Saturn who said that they would have to get back to them on it. So now I have to drive a car not knowing how much gas is actually in it.

I'm tempted to take advantage of the 30 day return policy, but I would have to get another Saturn from what I understand. Just scared this thing is a lemon from what I've been reading about people's experiences with other cars, including the vue. Anyone else have this problem?
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Don't jump ship too early--it's very likely an extremely simple problem, and shouldn't take much for the dealer to fix it. Things happen, and sometimes tiny pieces go even when new. Sounds like a basic fuel sender error (had the same on our Suburban, which was an easy enough thing for the dealer).

These are VERY high quality vehicles, and so far, seem to be proving nearly without issue--and they're NOTHING like old Saturn's, or even GM's, of the past.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Ask your Outlook lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

What is the best deal?

An Outlook at MSRP (- incentives) or an Acadia at Invoice (-incentives).

Interesting dilemma.

If you ask the Saturn salesperson and they will tell you that the Outlook will give you more car for money, while GMC states that Acadia has more option configurations and is the best deal for the money.

Who is right?
  • aroxas2000aroxas2000 Member Posts: 1
    My family is looking into leasing an Outlook configured as follows:

XR FWD
    Midnight Blue/Tan Leather
    Advanced Audio pkg
    Convenience pkg
    DVD entertainment center
    Enhanced convenience pkg
    Navigation system with CD/DVD player
    Premium Trim pkg
    Sunroof
    Touring pkg
    HID Lamps
    XM radio

My questions are as follows:

1. What is the best price that I can get for an Outlook with the options above? We live in Norther NJ.

2. I have a supplier discount. How much of a discount will this amount to?

3. To evaluate my leasing options, I want to play around with different scenarios with my downpayment amount. To do this, I need the following additional numbers:

a. supplier discount (as above)
    b. residual value at end of 36 months
    c. money factor or APR for the lease
    d. cap cost (I assume just the cost of the car net of supplier discount)
    e. typical bank fees, doc fees added on to the lease cost

4. How much do the numbers above change if I choose a 39 month lease instead?

5. Any Saturn offers that I can avail off? Conquest rebate? This would be my first GM car.
    From the Edmund's board on GMC Acadia Pricing:

I just looked at a comparison sheet I did for myself comparing Outlook and Acadia pricing. An SLT2 AWD Acadia with no additional options has an MSRP of $38,105 and invoice price of $35,676 (both numbers are before incentives). A similarly equipped Outlook XR AWD w/leather, memory seats, captains, convenience pkg and 6-disc changer is MSRP of $36,600.

You can get the $1,000 Conquest cash on either vehicle, so I'll ignore that. However, there is a $500 bonus cash available in my region ($1000 in certain other regions) on the Acadia that apparently is not available on the Outlook. So if you could really get invoice price before incentives on the Acadia (which I doubt you can - yet) you would be paying at least $1,424 less than the Outlook in my example. But, even if you paid $1000 over invoice, you'd still be $424 ahead with the Acadia.

I haven't mentioned that my Outlook example doesn't include dual exhaust, which is standard on the Acadia but you need to buy the Touring pkg with 19" wheels to get on the Outlook. Also on the Acadia, you can get the head-up display (at additional cost of course) that is not available on the Outlook (and not included in my example above).

If you have any GM Card earnings to use, the Acadia starts becoming a lot cheaper because you can't use those on Saturn either.
    -----------

Why would you buy a Saturn? You pay more and get less.

Aggressive buyers claim to be purchasing the Acadia at invoice price.

Good Luck!
    Did anyone get a good deal on an Outlook or just pay MSRP?

Is the 'no hassle' price a good deal?

When you compare the numbers of the deals reported by the Acadia buyers the Outlook does not look like a good deal.

The question is why would some pay more for a car that gives you less? There must be a good reason!
  • micmayesmicmayes Member Posts: 3
    How about a Canadian perspective??
    The Acadia sells for $2500 more than an Outlook here in Canda. Yes the Acadia has a couple of things on it that the Outlook does not but the Outlook also has a couple of things on it that the Acadia doesn't. I llok at them as being equal.
    For $3000 more I could get AWD on an Outlook which would be roughly the same price as a FWD Acadia.
    For me it will come down to incentives when they start getting offered.
    Interesting. Canada must be like Europe (fixed pricing on cars). If fixed pricing was the standard in the US the Outlook would also be the best buy, but with invoice pricing and better incentives make the GMC a better deal in the US.
  • michigalmichigal Member Posts: 11
    Wonder why the dealer didn't fix this immediately - pretty poor service, seems to me. Not a good sign. Do you think another dealer's service dept would do better?
    Is there another dealer in your area where you could take it in? this is unacceptable service! if you could get another car that you wanted, why not go ahead and exchange it, (then it's their problem!)

Re our price discussion - Can you tell us what you paid for your Outlook? (was it full sticker?)
    I priced out an Acadia, and the Edmunds TMV was a paltry $72 under full MSRP! The difference between MSRP & Invoice on this vehicle was $2544, by the way. Also, there is a very limited supply at the dealerships around here, and they seem to sell fairly quickly, so I wonder what a realistic purchase price might really be. $1000 over invoice might be wishful thinking, tho I hope you are right.
    Personally, I actually liked the Outlook much more than the Acadia because because of the interior appearance, as I think the woodgrain is very nice looking,(& not available on the Acadia) - also the Outlook offers a light tan leather seat that is beautiful, and Acadia only offers lt. gray & black leather. So these (to me) are more important than the dual exhaust & heads-up. But - I have GM card credits, so looks like I will go with the Acadia - but 'twere not for that, I think I might get more, for about the same, if I were to get the Outlook - so basically, without GM credits or incentives, it all depends on markup over invoice on the Acadia, whether Saturn dealers 'deal' (and it doesn't sound like they do, so far) - and - personal preference on options.
    Re: incentives: when I checked (this is now Mar) I could not find any(except a $500 credit, for vets only). Today, the dealer told me that some GM incentives(incl Acadia?)will be announced on Mar 12th (some other post-er mentioned that GM often offers incentives in mid-Mar.) So we will see!
    By the way, Gm customer service sent me a $700 'loyalty certificate' to use on a new gm vehicle, because I called them about a problem I had with the glove-box 'hinge' separating (& disappointment with my GM product-engineering). So, it pays to contact them with issues such as this, if you have any, and are courteous about it. (Actually, they offered to pay $100 to have it fixed, or give me the certificate, which I was glad to accept.)
    I priced out an Acadia, and the Edmunds TMV was a paltry $72 under full MSRP! The difference between MSRP & Invoice on this vehicle was $2544, by the way. Also, there is a very limited supply at the dealerships around here, and they seem to sell fairly quickly, so I wonder what a realistic purchase price might really be. $1000 over invoice might be wishful thinking, tho I hope you are right.
    Personally, I actually liked the Outlook much more than the Acadia because of the interior appearance, as I think the woodgrain is very nice looking,(& not available on the Acadia) - also the Outlook offers a light tan leather seat that is beautiful, and Acadia only offers lt. gray & black leather. So these (to me) are more important than the dual exhaust & headsup. But - I have GM card credits, so looks like I will go with the Acadia - but 'twere not for that, I think I might get more for about the same, if I were to get the Outlook - so basically, without GM credits or incentives, it all depends on markup over invoice on the Acadia, whether Saturn dealers 'deal' (and it doesn't sound like they do, so far) - and - personal preference on options.
    Re: incentives: when I checked (this is now Mar) I could not find any(except a $500 credit, for vets only). Today, the dealer told me that some GM incentives(incl Acadia?)will be announced on Mar 12th (some other post-er mentioned that GM often offers incentives in mid-Mar.) So we will see!
    By the way, Gm customer service sent me a $700 'loyalty certificate' to use on a new gm vehicle, because I called them about a problem I had with the glove-box 'hinge' separating (& disappointment with my GM product-engineering)
    So it pays to contact them with issues such as this. Actually, they offered to pay $100 to have it fixed, or give me the certificate, which I was glad to accept.
    You make some good points concerning both cars. Bottom line most decisions are driven by the mighty dollar.

Check the Acadia board, many claim that $500 above invoice is pretty easy to get, some are getting the cars at invoice.

Once you apply the incentives, GM points, and loyalty cash, you should be able to make a great deal.

Work the Internet first, until you get some good quotes, then go talk to the Internet Sales person at your dealership to see if he will match your best price, if he will not walk away.

Good Luck
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi aroxas20. Chances are that the price that you are able to get on this truck through General Motors' supplier purchase program is better than the one that you would be able to negotiate on your own. The dealer will be able to tell you what this truck's supplier price is. You also should be able to find out what the price of this truck is by visiting the GM Supplier Discount Web Site.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saturn Outlook XR FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 6.9% and 63%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be the same, but its residual value would be 1% lower. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

If you lease this truck, at lease signing you will have to pay your first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, GMAC's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

The only cash incentive that I am aware of on this truck right now is the $1,000 conquest cash that you mentioned. If you are the current owner or lessee of a non-GM vehicle you should be able to take advantage of this cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • axmangtoaxmangto Member Posts: 4
    My dealer insists the 36 month residual is 60%. Could the 63% be based on the base (sticker) MSRP and 60% if they try to use any "add-on" sticker items? Perhaps if I could reference your source for the 63% I may get further with them.
  • tkw1tkw1 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to these discussion boards and I am finding them invaluable.. thank you!

I, too, am considering leasing an Outlook.
    I just don't understand how to use the numbers you are giving above to figure out exactly how much I might pay for the lease.

The vehicle I've built online is about 35,000.00

I don't have the supplier discount, I am in my 4th Jeep GC and I'm willing to forgo all of the benies and $$ I'll save to get into the Saturn if the numbers work out.

I just don't trust the dealers, so I'd like to understand this better.

Also, at the risk of sounding completely uneducated in this, would there be a benefit to turning in my leased Jeep to Saturn (it's an early termination of the lease by 5 mos., about $1,600.00). But I'd have to pay close to $1000.in overage miles if I keep it any longer. Until I know what the Saturn lease #'s are I can't make the decision.

Thanks very much.
  • neicey59neicey59 Member Posts: 47
    on most Edmunds lease boards for various SUV's and crossovers the host(s) advise to never put a deposit, and to not sign a lease that charges you to pay a disposal feel. They advise not to give the dealership any monies and to make them apply all incentives to your lease. Can you elaborate how you would lease a outlook without money upfront - I have excellent credit.
  • karkuhoitkarkuhoit Member Posts: 1
    Saturn is offering the following deals on a 39 mo. lease for the Outlook:
    1) 2007 XE FWD MSRP $27990, cap cost $26588, residual $17354, $1995 due at signing, no security deposit, TTL extra, payments of $349.00 per month
    2) 2007 XR FWD MSRP $30290, cap cost $28921, residual $18780, $1995 due at signing, no security deposit, TTL extra, payments of $381.00 per month

Can you advise me as to these offers? We test drove the Outlook yesterday and are considering purchasing or leasing one in the next couple of months. The dealership does not negotiate sticker price. I am concerned about the $1995 due at signing because I've read that it's not a good idea to put money down on a lease.
    Hey axmangto. I am pretty sure that this truck's 36 month residual value is higher than 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome tkw1. I am glad that you have found this discussion so helpful. It sounds like you are new to the world of leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You definitely will not benefit from turning in your Jeep before the scheduled end of your lease. Chrysler Financial is currently running a promotion that lets current lessees out of their deals up to five months early if they lease a new Grand Cherokee, but if you try to get out of your current deal early to lease a Saturn you are going to have to pay for your remaining payments out of your own pocket, either in cash at signing or by rolling it into your new lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi neicey59. Consumers can lease any vehicle that they want without making a capitalized cost reduction, aka down payment. I would be happy to estimate what a zero down lease payment would be like on the Saturn Outlook that you are interested in right now. In order for me to do so I need you to tell me exactly which Outlook you want, what its MSRP is, what its approximate selling price (this may just be the MSRP if the Saturn dealer that you work with will not negotiate) is, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. You can look up this truck's pricing by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Once you have this info, let me know and I'll work up a sample lease payment for you.

As far as not signing a lease that charges a disposition fee goes, you may not have any choice. Many banks charge consumers who do not lease another new vehicle through then at the end of their current deal a disposition fee. Dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi karkuhoit. Even though Saturn dealers are traditionally no-haggle, some dealers will negotiate prices. It wouldn't hurt to shop around a little bit to see if you can find a dealer that is willing to lower the selling price of the Outlook that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kegelskegels Member Posts: 20
    Carman,

What do you think of this promotion? Good or not so good?

"2007 OUTLOOK XR AWD - Lease
    $410.00 per month 39 month lease
    $1,995 due at lease signing for qualified leasees
    No security deposit required.
    Tax, title, license and retailer fees are extra.
    For qualified lessees.

Lease payments based on specially equipped 2007 OUTLOOK XR AWD with MSRP of $32,290.00, a capitalized cost of $30,950.00 and a residual value of $20,020.00. 39 monthly payments total $15,990.00. Option to purchase at the lease end for amount to be determined at lease signing. GMAC must approve lease. Take delivery by 7/9/2007. Mileage charge of $.20 per mile over 39,000 miles. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair and excess wear. Payments may be higher in some states. Residency restrictions apply. Not available with other offers."
  • neicey59neicey59 Member Posts: 47
    Tampa's Saturn dealers are getting top dollar for this vehicle. I would like to consider a lease that would allow for a buyout at the end, so I don't want to be left with a large sum at the end of the lease in the event I really like the vehicle.

2007 Saturn Outlook
    XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
    They are asking 43,059 for this vehicle

U3R Touch Screen Navigation $2,145
    C3U Dual Skyscape Sunroof $1,300
    U42 DVD Rear Entertainment System $1,295
    PCQ Premium Trim Package $1,275
    PDC Convenience Package $1,045
    PCU Advanced Audio Package $805
    PDD Enhanced Convenience Package $690
    PCU Advanced Audio Package (when U42/UZR/U3R is selected) $510
    TVD HID Headlamps $500
    U2K XM Satellite Radio $199
    Color Adjustment - - $0
    Cream White
    Destination Charge $735
    Total with Options $42,054
  • confused10confused10 Member Posts: 1
    This is my first time on here and I have to admit I am very confused. I usually purchase my cars. But I am looking to lower my payment so I am considering a lease. Would it be crazy to lease an Outlook and take the buyout at the end. I am not familiar with how leasing works. Also on these lease deals if if get an employee discount does that change the lease deal price?? Sorry such basic questions but as I said I have never leased before.

Thanks
  • asquareasquare Member Posts: 1
    I have found an XR I like and the lease info is as follows:

MSRP 35294
    GMS Family Disc Price 31810
    Dest. Chgs 690
    GM Family Card - 278

Final Price 32222

The above numbers I pulled from the GM Family First web page based on the MSRP on sticker. Do they calculate out to the below numbers? The dealer won't let me see the numbers/calculations.

39 Month Lease
    No Money Down
    Fees (Incl 1st Mo) 588
    12000 Miles/Year
    Our tax rate is 6%
    Monthly Payment 470

Is this a good deal?
  • jak51jak51 Member Posts: 17
    I am considering leasing an Outlook XR FWD. What are the current residuals and money factors for 36 months and 12,000 miles. I reside in IN for any special incentives if they exist.

Thanks
  • janntjannt Member Posts: 5
    Is there an "insider's way" to find out when a 2007 vehicle will begin to be clearanced out? Additionally, when are Saturn's incentives updated/changed (i.e. monthly, every 3 weeks, randomly)??

Does anyone know what will be changed/improved upon with the 2008 model year Outlook?

Thanks!
  • skycovetskycovet Member Posts: 1
    I am considering a 2007 Saturn Sky Redline. What money factor and residual value should I be looking for in a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year?
    Thank you so much for your help.
    Hi kegels. That is Saturn's current advertised lease for the Outlook. Saturn's current lease program for the 2007 Outlook really is not that great right now. Saturn is providing a lease rate of 6.0% and only $350 lease cash on it this month. In my opinion there are similar vehicles out there that have better lease programs than the Outlook at this time. If you are set on getting an Outlook, make sure to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it. Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments I suspect that the selling price that this one is based upon can be beaten by savvy consumers who shop around.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi neicey59. I certainly understand your desire to have an inexpensive purchase option price at the end of your lease, but capitalized cost reductions have no impact upon the residual values of leased vehicles. Your Outlook's end of term purchase price will be exactly the same, regardless of whether you put $10,000 down or nothing down on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome confused10. If I was in the market for a Saturn Outlook right now, I personally would not lease it. Instead I would take advantage of the 1.9% - 36 month, 2.9% - 48 month, 3.9% - 60 month special financing or the $1,000 customer cash that are available on it right now. Its lease program is jut the great right now. If you do opt to go with a lease you would still be able to take advantage of the Employee Pricing that you qualify for. The selling price that you would normally have to pay for a purchase through this program would be used as the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi asquare. Let's use Saturn's current lease program and the prices that you mentioned in your post to estimate this truck's monthly payment. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Saturn Outlook XR that has an MSRP of $35,294 and a capitalized cost of $32,222 through GMAC right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $393. I used a lease rate of 6.0% and a residual value of 36% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jak51. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saturn Outlook XR FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 6.0% and 66%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $350 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings skycovet. Neat car. General Motors is not currently providing any lease support on the Saturn Sky. As a result, if you were to lease one through GMAC right now you would have to use its standard lease program...which is pretty bad. I suspect that you would be able to do better by leasing this car through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • axmangtoaxmangto Member Posts: 4
    Did you mean 63% for the residual value Car_man? If so, then is it correct that a 39 month 12k/year is now 63% and the 36 month 12k/year is 66% based on a subsequent post for the 2007 Outlook XR?

Thanks.
  • ajnbruinajnbruin Member Posts: 2
    Quote: Does anyone know what will be changed/improved upon with the 2008 model year Outlook?

I just asked the same question (almost) on the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave board.

Specifically, will the rearview camera be available in the 2008 Outlook similar to the 2008 Acadia?
  • jonnycatjonnycat Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man...

Can you shed any light on the details for any new lease details, ie rate/money factor and residuals for an Outlook XR AWD with 12K mi per year for 36 months? Also, any new incentives hitting the pipe after June 04, 2007?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • minnguy34minnguy34 Member Posts: 11
    Yes, the 2008 Saturn has the rear view camera option. Go to Gmfleet.com, then online buyer's guide to find out the details for 2008 changes.
    Buyers seem to have voted for the Acadia over the Saturn, based on sales numbers. Acadia/Outlook buyers are probably more sophisticated than Ion buyers. A good trade in value, lease rate or interest rate is not of as much importance to them. They are looking at the bottom line price, since they probably have more finance options, including cash. Why pay a Saturn dealer an extra $1,200 profit on the "promise" of being nice to you in the future. I have had excellent experiences from Pontiac and Oldsmobile dealers over the years, even though the discounted from sticker for me when I bought the cars.
  • big_abig_a Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of a way to find a specific configuration Outlook? I used the online 'build your car' tool so I know exactly what I want, but the dealers near me don't have anything close in stock, and I don't really want to wait 8 weeks for it to be built.

Search 1 dealer at a time isn't working so well...

Thanks!
  • janntjannt Member Posts: 5
    I know... their website only allows you to search inventory at one dealership at a time. I did contact Saturn and ask if I could search for a specific configuration of Outlook within a certain area (inclusive of several of their dealerships), but they said there wasn't a way to do that. However, I have found that if you are able to connect w/ a Saturn salesperson near you, you can tell them what configuration you want and they will do the legwork for finding the exact vehicle you want (if it exists, short of ordering one) and bring it to your area. I do know for a fact that they will do this w/o a fee if you simply tell them you aren't paying them a fee to use the internet/intranet (depending on their method of searching databases). Also are you looking for a 2007 or 2008 Outlook?
    Hope this helps!
    You're absolutely right, axmangto. Sorry about that, the coffee must not have made its way to my fingers yet. This truck's residual value is 63% for 39 months, 12k, not 36%. Its residual for a 36 month, 12k lease is 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jonnycat. I don't believe that General Motors has introduced any new incentives on the 2007 Saturn Outlook lately. It still has $350 lease cash and a special lease rate on this model. Through July 9th, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 6.0% and 66%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • fernhillfernhill Member Posts: 17
    Hello:

My wife and I went to the local Saturn dealer yesterday to test drive the 2008 Vue but we ended up liking the Outlook so much we are considering a lease.

My wife's brother works for GMAC.

Outlook XE AWD (preferred and convenience package)- dealer price 30,945, discount employee price $28,580.

Does a 39 month lease at 15,000 miles a year for $427 a month seem reasonable? The price includes monthly taxes (9%), etc.

A 24 month lease was $535 a month.

Would a 36 month lease make more sense (from a warranty issue)? What would an estimate payment be for 36 months?

These figures include zero money down.

I didn't do any Outlook research before we went since I didn't think we would even look at that vehicle.

When will the 08 Outlooks be out? Maybe a better offer in a month or two?

Thanks for your help!

Fernhill
  • greenjdcgreenjdc Member Posts: 25
    Hi - I was in a Saturn dealer last week, and I was told the residual for an XR was 52 or 53% for a 3 yr, 12K miles lease. Does that sound right? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.