Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Outlook Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bruce_leebruce_lee Member Posts: 23
    Hi,
    Yes. TTL (Title,tax...was extra).

I am enjoying my car and hopefully I wont have any 'water leaks' as others have mentioned. As far as gas mileage, well, as long as I don't get 12 mpg as some have posted, I'll be happy. I am avering about 16 in city and 21 on the Hwy with 1,300 on the odometer.
  • cdcruizer05cdcruizer05 Member Posts: 21
    Hi new to the forum, and i have a few questions! My first question is are co-signers allowed on a lease? Secondly, how is the payment determined for the lease, like what kind of APR do you receive also how does your credit play a role in getting a lease? Thanks Guys!
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    No, not TTL (that is the same for everyone), I am talking about extra fees such as Prep fee, Doc fee, and any other fee not paid to the local or state Gov't?
    Ah! NO. Again, the wanted to charge a "Marketing fee" but I strongly refused to pay it. :mad:

They didn't add any 'other' fees. :)

Like I wronte in other forums, everytime I park my Silver Outlook next to an '08 Black Acura MDX, it brings a smile to my face :P
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Good for you!

Enjoy your car.
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Just curious....any trade-in or financing involved and did you take this offer to another dealer to see if they could go lower?
  • mrst147mrst147 Member Posts: 1
    Our 2007 Outlook XR AWD has the same fuel gauge problem. However, it happens when we back out of the garage, which is level, and stop/park on the slanted driveway, and only when the fuel level is near the half-way mark. The guage will immediately drop near zero and never recover. The first time it happened, we immediately went to the gas station, but didn't need any more fuel than normal. We tested it not long after that by parking on the slanted driveway when the tank was 3/4 full and guess what - the guage didn't move.

We've mentioned it to the service manager, along with other issues - abnormal transmission shifting, immediate loss of gas mileage, multiple interior noises, paint chippings, remote start failures - yet, he claims nothing's wrong. :confuse:

We researched GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook exhaustively before deciding to purchase the Outlook. We're still researching owners' forums, like this, and are surprised that so many have the same problems we do.

Some have commented that the Outlook is Saturn's way of improving their "brand" and we've even seen comments from people that were accustomed to buying higher-end vehicles - BMW, Acura, etc. (Ironically, we traded an Acura TL for this Outlook.)

Has Saturn / GMC management or executives taken the time to look at any of these forums? And, would they like to comment on how they plan to correct these issues so they can keep the buyers that have FLOCKED to the OUTLOOK and ACADIA ??? Otherwise, they stand to LOOSE a LOT OF US AGAIN. Something to think about....
  • janntjannt Member Posts: 5
    I didn't have a fuel guage problem, but I did experience a problem with the MPH guage shortly after I took delivery of my Outlook. While driving one evening, the guage "locked" on a random MPH level (I think it was 45 MPH) and didn't move, regardless of whether the vehicle was going at a faster speed, a slower speed, or parked and turned off all together. I immediately scheduled a service appt. for 2 days later.

During those entire 2 days, up to and including the moment at which I drove my car up to the Saturn Dealership service department, the MPH needle was not working properly. It was no longer "locked" at the 45 MPH level, and the needle was now moving, but it was way off in accuracy (I think it was resting at 20 MPH when the vehicle was parked).

However, the dealership called later that day and reported the guage was working perfectly for them. They couldn't re-create the problem in order to test it. While I don't think they were lying to me, I was indeed surprised that the problem persisted for several days in my possession, but "all of a sudden" resolved itself while in the dealership's possession. :confuse:

I had them keep the vehicle (while insisting they provided me with a free loaner) for several days in the event the guage acted up again. It did not. And, I've not had the problem since. I chalk it up to "new model glitch".
    Hi,
    No. There was no trade-in. There was financing. I put $15K down and financed the rest (about $20K) at 5.9% through Capitol (dealer did all the paper work). I am hoping to pay it off by this summer (after I get my Tax refund and other savings I am accumulating on the side).

You know, because they didn't give me an exact quote, I couldn't take this offer to another dealer here in the Bay Area. And, I didn't mind the drive.

As far as issues with the Outlooks. I also read as many forums to learn about all the issues the the triplets were having. I learned about the water leaks and the transmission shifting. There were some people that complained about low gas mileage. Most of these were for '07 Outlooks. So I took a chance on the '08 that I got.
    It's been raining here in the Bay Area for the last 2 weeks and I haven't noticed any water leaks yet.
    My gas mileage is about 16/21 so far and I have about 1,870 miles on my Outlook. So far so good. I really like the looks of the Outlook when compared to the Acadia (and the '08 MDX). :blush:

I was in the position to buy this vehicle since it came out, but really didn't wanted the first year model. I was expecting the '07 models to have some 'glitches' and so that's why I stayed away from them. ;)
    Good luck to all of you with your '07s and I hope the dealers do fix all you issues, for GM's sake. :sick:
  • panastas1panastas1 Member Posts: 1
    I was hoping to get a deal done based on the info that Carman provided, but I came a little short. I was hoping to get the 68% residual but only could get 64% (another dealership would only give 62%). Interest was at 6.25% vs 6.45%. I ended up paying MSRP of $36,890 less a $500 GM Conquest rebate (too bad I could not get the $500 customer loyalty rebate also). I put $3,000 down (hopefully GAP insurance in my state covers me there) to get my payments to less than $500.

I know it probably not the best deal, but I was able to get them to cut me a check for the last 3 payments on my Honda Pilot lease for $1,000 to take back early (and not have to deal with car seat madness with 3 kids anymore with 2nd row captains chairs). They also threw in a DVD player to be installed since the one they had on the lot did not have it.
  • cdcruizer05cdcruizer05 Member Posts: 21
    Were you able to get that kind of interest because of your credit? Also who did they pull for you as far a Credit Report?
  • kelnaqkelnaq Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 OUTLOOK with 24,800 miles and it has been great! No problems whatsoever! I've only done oil changes and tire rotations. My best friend has a 2007 also and same for hers! Just like any vehicle on the market, they are mechanical and highly complex nowadays. thousands of parts. If it's 99.9% perfect, that's good, but also leaves room for some things to happen. I have come to the realization that most times you only hear from the odd situations on public discussion groups. My situation has been without glitches, and I bet my friend and I aren't the only ones. :)
  • golfman3golfman3 Member Posts: 5
    Hi kel, all... dont own one but just this AM took a walk aroud the Saturn lot and saw these Outlooks... was VERY surprised (pleased) to see you can get just a FWD version... the bigger CUV/SUVs are typically RWD or AWD. This size vehicle with FWD should be more than sufficient and would bet is fantastic in snow conditions, even better with a good set o' snow tires on it. Anyway, looked at both it and its smaller bro, the Vue to see an AWD vue does not get quite as good mpg as the bigger FWD Outlook, so of course AWD sucks up the gas a tad more.

And, if ya have not noticed.. read the window stickers of vehicles now-a-days... What I look for and something that drives me up a wall is where components from and where assembled. The Outlook (or may have been the Vue, sorry) I see has both the engine and tranny from USA, but is assembled in Mexico with approx 35% parts FROM Mexico. Another USA vehicle with a 3.4L engine in it... engine is from China per sticker. Also see tranny's from Mexico... Just read before buying is all... if it even matters to you that is. Regards.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey rtadams. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Saturn Outlook with 12,000 miles per year are 6.45% and 66%, respectively. The lease rate would be the same for a 39 month lease, but its residual value would be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome cdcruizer05. I believe that most banks do allow co-signers on leases. As far as down payments go, consumers are free to put as much or as little down on their lease as they want. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of down payment when leasing. Consumers who make one, risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. All you should pay at lease signing are your truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, GMAC's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

GMAC's current base lease rate for any length lease of a 2008 Saturn Outlook is 6.45%. I believe that GMAC uses a pass / fail system for its lease rates, rather than the tiered system that some banks use. This means that either your credit is good enough to take advantage of the aforementioned lease rate, or you can's lease through them at all. GMAC is usually pretty lenient in who it approves for leases and loans.

Car_man
    Host
  • ridemywaveridemywave Member Posts: 5
    39 months....15k miles... MSRP $36250....$1200 down....$612 monthly payments.

Saturn of Raleigh, from what I have seen from post in previous months this is not a good deal at all... experts please help!
    Greetings ridemywave. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

The Saturn Outlook that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $1,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice...perhaps a $1,500 discount or so. Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that you are working with calculate your monthly payment using GMAC's current base lease rate of 6.25%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    I've noticed some attractive Outlook Leases in Florida. Please give me the details for a low mileage lease.
  • ridemywaveridemywave Member Posts: 5
    $36,985.00 plus tax tags etc.......out the door $38,131...he said they would not come off the sales price....vin5GZER23778J164592.....said rate was 6.45 and residual of 60%...would not come off that deal....even told him we were ready to sign? What is the best deal they could have offered?

I am working a mazda cx-9 now...see you in that forum..i hope!
  • jenincajeninca Member Posts: 2
    Can you give me the name of your socal dealer? I too live in the Bay Area, but wouldn't mind driving down south to save some money.
    Hi,
    Yes, the dealer is called Saturn of Torrance. And, you guessed it, it is in Torrance CA (in LA), off of 405 Fwy and Hawthorne Blvd (I believe).

Google it and you will find it. Or better yet, request a quote through edmunds and you'll get an email from them. Use their ZIP code: 90503. They are very quick to respond. Unlike most other Saturn dealers I dealt with, they were the only ones to offer me a quote (initially when I started inquiring back in May of '07).

But, because I waited for the '08 model, on that request, they just stated they would give me 'invoice pricing' on whatever they had on their lot.

Good luck.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431
    I have the GM Supplier discount through my Employer. I'm seriously looking at ordering an Outlook XR FWD Cocoa exterior, black leather interior, Captains Chairs, Convenience Package, Enhanced Convenience Package, Premium Trim Package, and Skylight Sunroof. MSRP $36035 with my discount it is $34,598 plus the conquest and bonus $500 Rebates. Or I can lease at 12K miles per year 36 months for $461/Month with $3000 down. Residual at 63% interest rate 6.25% which is high. Salesman told me he really believes that the rate will drop as much as two percentage points next month. I'm hoping.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • cdl44cdl44 Member Posts: 2
    am i reading these posts correctly that the 08 Outlooks have a residual value of approx 63-66%? Or is it 44-47%? The residuals seem extremely high. I am looking at 08 XR FWD w/Premium, Convenience, Advanced audio and DVD. Found one w/sticker or $35,545. Would an offer of $33,850 be unreasonable? Does Saturn really have a "no haggle" price so the MSRP is it?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Look up a used 07 outlook like the one you want (if they made them in 07) on kbb.com and nada.com with 14000 miles on it. If it wholesales used for around 25000 (10000 from msrp) like most other trucks in this price range you want at a bare minimum of $5000 off.

Good luck
    --jjf

am i reading these posts correctly that the 08 Outlooks have a residual value of approx 63-66%? Or is it 44-47%? The residuals seem extremely high. I am looking at 08 XR FWD w/Premium, Convenience, Advanced audio and DVD. Found one w/sticker or $35,545. Would an offer of $33,850 be unreasonable? Does Saturn really have a "no haggle" price so the MSRP is it?
    Yes that is correct 63% was the residual in March with an interest rate of 6.25% I believe. Their thinking I guess was to lease you a vehicle at a little lower monthly payment with the idea that you would have to purchase another vehicle or lease again at the end of three years because the price of that vehicle would be too high. I don't know for sure, but that's pretty much what the salesman told me. He also stated that he thought the interest rate might come down in April. Also, at least where I live, the MSRP is it. It was explained that Saturn does not markup their vehicles as much as Buick and GM where you can haggle. If your employer has the GM Supplier Program then you can save money. Price can be found right on the GM Supplier Price website. My company also has a program where a company will find the vehicle you are looking for and do the haggling for you. I talked to a representative and he told me they usually can't get the dealer to lower the price with a "No Haggle" Policy.
    Was contacted by a Salesman yesterday from Saturn with disappointing news that the rates are the same for April as I mentioned in the post before this one. This was not the original Salesman I have been working with because he was either fired or quit over last weekend. The Salesman said they were all very disappointed because they really expect the rate to be lowered even though Outlook sales are pretty good. Said they would have been flying off the lot if they were lowered. I'm not sure personally that I want to lease a vehicle that I couldn't buy at the end of the 3 years. I'd like to at least have the residual at a more realistic level, so I would have the option of a purchase. He did say the rate for a loan is 4.49% for any length of time, so that might be an option for me or a different brand.
  • cdl44cdl44 Member Posts: 2
    High residuals are a good thing! You pay less over the term of your lease with the option to buy at the end vs. a car with a low residual where you pay a lot more money over the length of the lease but would have to fork over less at the end (because they car is worth less at that point). Why would you want to pay all that money up front for a car you might or might not buy in 3 years? If you have that extra money, put it in savings to earn interest and use it at the end of your lease. If you think you may want the car at the end of the 3 years vs a new car, you might be better off purchasing instead anyhow.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Well, I have to call BS on the sales guy telling you they don't have as much markup. I checked Edmunds for both, Saturn Outlook XR with MSRP of 30670, invoice is -$1707. Checking the Acadia, one of the SLEs with list of $31K plus a little has invoice of $2065 less than MSRP. Checking incentives, both have $500 cash to customer. So, pay MSRP -$500 for the Saturn or deal on the Acadia with -$500 back, even if you only get down to invoice +$500 you are about $1200 less. I'm pretty sure that if you equip the Outlook and Acadia the same, the MSRP is within a few dollars.

So, if Saturn would deal, the Outlooks might be flying off the lots. Acadia would be a better buy for most people.

BTW, I have access to Supplier Discount through my wife's job, so the Saturn might be an option vs the Acadia for us since I think that discount brings the Outlook down closer. But for Joe off the street the take it or leave it price does not seem competitive, IMHO.
    I see your point, but the payments for the same priced Outlook with a 52% residual and a 3.29% rate like the Toyota dealer is offering me for a Highlander Limited would be almost the same as a 63% residual and a 6.25% rate that Saturn is offering I would think. I would like to have the option to purchase if I like the vehicle and don't want a high priced new vehicle since my youngest will be going out of state to College most likely in three years. Or I could purchase now at a 4.49% rate that most dealers are offering around my city. Thanks for the feedback. I very hesitant about leasing since I've never done it. I've always bought my cars new. This time I'm considering it because I bought a Mountaineer 4 years ago with a sticker price over $37,000 which I got for $33,800 plus $3K in rebates and my wife and I are already looking at buying a new one. Really when it comes down to it, it would not be the most sound financial decision I've ever made. We will probably in the end keep our current vehicle for 3 more years and buy something more practical.
    If your wife has the supplier discount then you can use it to buy an Acadia as well, but the fact is in Columbus the only three Saturn dealerships are all owned by the same group and they will not haggle!!! The people that my company uses to do the haggling for us would not just tell me that they can't get a no haggle dealership to lower their price. The Salesman that I was dealing with at Saturn left or got fired because I know he was very upset that he couldn't make a deal with me because of their inability to haggle even on trade ins. I think my deal was the straw that broke the camels back with him. The salesman that I'm now dealing with told me he doesn't know for sure what happened, but he did tell the guy was growing increasingly frustrated with the dealerships policy of No Haggling and had crossed the line a few times recently when angry with management.
  • getgtpdgetgtpd Member Posts: 3
    I drove every cross over on the market. I bought a Outlook XE fwd on friday april 25th. It has the power seat options, premium stereo/dual zone/rear air. Also got the dvd package, towing package, roof rails. sticker was 32,400, I purchased for
    $30000 plus tax. I got the 500 rebate offered and the 1000 current gm owner discount.
    The dealership SAturn of Wichita Ks. West was awesome to deal with!!!

I drove it on a 2hr trip yesterday, I LOVE IT!! The car is very quiet, excellent comfort and the stereo and dvd player are very good options.

I will put 50-60k on it over the next year, I'll try to keep updating my experiences as I go.

Good Luck!!
  • macca2008macca2008 Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone. I just completed a lease deal last night for a 2008 Saturn Outlook XE AWD. MSRP was $31245, GM "employee" discount (I work for Comcast) took it down to $30,151. I didn't want to put money down but was willing to trade in my wife's 2000 Subaru Forester L to buy down the monthly payment. Honestly, I couldn't see myself fixing the car and trying to sell it for much more than what they were offering on the trade, so I was OK with a trade-in on the lease. Plus the $500 for "converting" from Subaru to a GM car. Overall, I got 3-yr 36K miles for $368.10. I told them to take out the car car maintenance from the lease and I would purchase it outright (saving almost $200 in add'l costs) and they offered 12-month no interest. Overall I'm pleased with the deal. Just wanted to get your opinion / feedback. I thought maybe I would have more leverage given the current market, but this to me seemed a fair and competitive deal.
  • cyclone4evrcyclone4evr Member Posts: 11
    Macca2008,

What were the specifics on the trade...how much was the trade-in on the Scooby? Did you final price include doc fee, tax, title, etc.?

Sounds like a good deal...where is the dealership?

Thanks...John
  • macca2008macca2008 Member Posts: 6
    John, the trade-in was $3,700. It needed brakes (pads and system), had scratches on each front door, chip in windshield, etc. Nothing that didn't surprise me. I think the blue book value was around $4K, but overall I was OK with the trade. Final price included doc fee, tax, GMAC fee, etc. I wanted to have my wife drive out of the dealer without having to write a check or put any cash down. Success. I actually had to put down $74 downpmt on the car care maintenance because I opted to pay the 12-month no interest option instead of financing the maintenance through the lease.

Dealership is Saturn of Mt. Laurel in South Jersey. Very nice staff there.
  • mandopickrmandopickr Member Posts: 1
    I needed a 7+ seater, and decided on either the Acadia, or Outlook. I had never dealt w/Saturn, and hadn't bought a GM product in 25 yrs.

I went by the local Saturn dealership, and two local GMC dealers. THe first GMC dealer only had 5 Acadia's, all optioned out, all $35k or higher. The salesman was very helpful, said he would be happy to find me an Acadia optioned as I wanted. He didn't sound like he could approach the pricing by Saturn, however.

The second GMC dealer, man am I sorry I went by there. They had 10-15 Saturns, all optioned out, wanted to find me one right there, provided "I would promise to by the car from _____". It was a confusing mess. They had the free tires program, but they charge $999.99 to participate. When I challenged the salesman on this, she said it also included free towing for a year. I reminded here that the Onstar year trial also included a year free towing, she said I would get the $1000 back when I negotiated. Finally, when I gave her the number I was quoted from Saturn, she was sure they could beat it, but when I reminded the sales manager that would be out the door, the number I put on the check, he said it was pretty tight.Of course they called me constantly for the next few days.

Finally Saturn of Greenville (SC). Sales Associate was low pressure. I told him when I went it that I was going to look at the Acadia as well. He called once, to tell me they had a XE with the options I was looking for, and to call him back if I was interested. Everyone seemed as concerned about my being pleased with my purchase as much as they were interested in buying a car.

The postnote on this is after going off for the weeked, my wife and I decided we wanted to exchange up to the XR, and get away from the light gray carpet (beautiful, but may be a challenge to keep clean).

Upon calling the sales associate, he and I discussed what I needed to change, he had a XR on the lot, and advised me to drive it for the night. I went right over, and he had it ready to go. No papers to sign, just get it in and drive. When I came back the next morning to complete the paperwork, nothing was different from my first purchase. Everyone was friendly and warm, the salesman keep telling me how I was going to like some of the changes in the XR. The GM completed the paperwork. When I apologized for all the trouble I was putting them through, he told me that was part of the Saturn experience.

Obviously, I am a new Saturn owner, but I am impressed.
  • drwilscdrwilsc Member Posts: 140
    Congratulations on your new Outlook! It appears to be a great vehicle that you will enjoy for many years. Heck, even Comsumer Reports likes it, and they are usually hard on GM cars.

I owned a couple S series cars in the 1990's, a 2000 LS2, and now a 2007 Saturn Aura XR. One of the reasons I have drifted back to Saturn over the years is that ownership experience. It goes well beyond the purchase of the car. It involves being treated right when it's time to bring the car in for service, or when something goes wrong with it. They always explain or even show you what is wrong with the car and I never get the feeling that they are trying to rip me off. They simply go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied, even if it's just trying to fix a little squeak that is annoying you. I am certain your experience will be just as pleasant.
  • disney2disney2 Member Posts: 25
    I am thinking of leasing an outlook but I have flexibility of when I return my current leased car. When would be the best time to lease an outlook? December when dealers are trying to meet yr end quotos? I heard August before 2009 become available. Next yr? What kind of lease incentives are out there. I am a AAA member will that help me?

Thanks.
  • drwilscdrwilsc Member Posts: 140
    You may want to hold out for a 2009 model, as it will likely have the Direct Injected version of the 3.6 liter engine that will have 15 more horsepower AND supposedly get better fuel economy.
  • dschneiderdschneider Member Posts: 1
    I could really use some advice. I am looking to lease a 2008 Outllook with a selling price of 34629. The dealer offered me a 36 mo. lease with 2000 down plus my trade which is worth about 1500. With 15k miles per year my payment is 435. Can I do better than that? The price is based on sticker of 36550 minus GM discount plus 995 (not sure what that's for). Thanks for your help!

:confuse:
    Hi dschneider. You really would be better off going with a zero down lease than putting $3,500 down. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

If I was in the market for any new General Motors vehicle, I personally would shoot for a selling price that's right around dealer invoice. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your truck's monthly payment using its base lease rate of 6.25% and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
  • geo16geo16 Member Posts: 3
    We're looking at a Saturn Outlook lease for a 2008 XE AWD with the additional items being remote start, backup sensor, and special paint. The MSRP is $32600 here in NJ. I'm working on a lease with no money down (just $1495 to cover the basics) for 39 months and 12k. The dealer has quoted me a monthly payment of $351. I know the details need filling in but is this a godd deal?
  • disney2disney2 Member Posts: 25
    Seems low to me. Which dealership in NJ? Thanks.
    Sorry fro spazzing out. The monthly was $451 (not $351). Dealership in Morristown. The residual is 62% and supposedly the car is selling for $31600.
    Sorry it was $451.
  • w2gew2ge Member Posts: 4
    Any ideas on Outlook leasing with 2009 models coming out soon. My guess is 2008 residual will lower but cap cost may also be lower?

I'm thinking about holding off for the 2009's as gas mileage is supposed to be better(?)
    Hi w2ge. Unfortunately, it appears as though the days of reasonable lease payments on the Saturn Outlook may have come to an end. Manufacturers are being forced to take all sorts of charges because they have overestimated vehicles' residual values over the years. As a result, many of them are cutting back on their lease support. This month GMAC raised the interest rate that it charges on leases by 2% to an unattractive 8.25%. I don't expect the 2009 model's lease program to be any better when it is introduced, but we won't know for certain until it is introduced.

Car_man
    Host
  • w2gew2ge Member Posts: 4
    Yep... That's what I found out since posting my question (which was on 7/14). Just turned in my 2005 Honda Pilot as the lease was up and new Pilot leases are $600 and the sales people are being advised to try NOT to lease them to customers. My 2005 payment was only $399 a month and I think I gave them $2k at the start.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Outlook lease is 650 or more a month... IF AVAILABLE AT ALL! I see many companies are no longer leasing SUV's and trucks, GM may be next to do the same.

btw, let alone the unattractive interest rate, watch the residual drop drastically..... (I HOPE I'm WRONG :cry: )
    Yeah, w2ge, Honda's lease program on the '09 Pilot is pretty bad right now as well. If I was in the market for a new SUV, I personally would probably go with a Toyota Highlander. Toyota has a very attractive lease program on it in my area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    I have been wanting an Enclave/Acadia/Outlook for quite a while. Got more interested when the GM Employee pricing and $1500 rebate actually showed up as a little discount from what it seemed folks were paying earlier. Looked around and finally found the Outlook XR with Enhanced Convenience package, Convenience package, Premium Trim Package & Trailering package gave a little better equipped vehicle that I could find in the Enclave/Acadia. Looked around and found one in Memphis like that with 7 passenger package (Ocean Mist ext. Tan interior) and one 70 miles away with 8 passenger (Red Jewelcoat ext. Tan interior). Decided to go with the Ocean Mist...MSRP $35,525 - employee pricing $31,230 + $75 doc/processing fee and Tenn Sales tax. Dealer included mud flaps, paint - fabric protection package, 1 year oil change, rotation. Good experience and a good vehicle.

Picked it up last night and reset the average MPG when I hit the expressway. 55-70 mph for 12 or so miles until I hit my exit was showing 25.5 mpg. Another 5 miles home over city streets, then 20 to work this morning and the DIC is still at almost 22 mpg. If that holds up, that will be 4-5 mpg better than my '00 Trooper. I'm real happy with the Outlook so far.
    What's the deal with GM raising the base price of the Outlook FWD XR by $3000 on the 2009 vs. 2008? In these difficult economic times with people tightening their belts why would they raise the price so much? Am I missing something?
This discussion has been closed.