Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• vad1819vad1819 Member Posts: 309
    How to calculated residual value for Acadia? I have one in Smart buy, it SLE 31000 sticker price, trade-in $4300 plus $500 GM rebate my payment $330 a month, 8% intrest rate. So my option to buy after 48 month will be $16,000. So it may be no reason to buy out after 48 month?
  • richwhite34richwhite34 Member Posts: 6
    Where would I go to on the internet to find GMAC's current Base Lease Rate? I was just told that .08% is in effect. I saw in a recent post that someone had received .0725%
    Please help. Thank you!
  • ilguyilguy Member Posts: 4
    A local dealer in the Chicago area has quoted me a base rate of 6.25% on the Acadia lease. If you have a top tier credit score, drive for a lower rate. It is there.
  • richwhite34richwhite34 Member Posts: 6
    When exactly did you receive that quote?
  • ilguyilguy Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for the long delay in answering. I received that number the first week in February. I have since closed a deal. The dealer was in the Southwest Suburbs.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, baseballmom97. The answer to your question is that the average consumer probably does not know what the base lease rate or money factor for the vehicle that they are interested in should be unless they are able to find out in a forum like this one or they are able to narrow it down by comparison shopping with several dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings jacsdad. It's difficult to say why the lease rate that you were quoted on the Acadia that you are interested in is lower than GMAC's base lease rate for it. Perhaps GMAC's lease program is so bad that the dealer is running your lease through an independent bank. If so, you would be able to take advantage of the $500 customer cash that is available on this truck.

Let's calculate a sample lease payment using the numbers that you provided and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 GMC Acadia that has an MSRP of $41,410, a selling price of $38,395, a lease rate of 6.5%, and a residual value of 62% for 39 months, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $499.70. Once sales tax is added to this, it is probably pretty close to the $517 per month that the dealer quoted you.

Car_man
    Host
  • pstallinpstallin Member Posts: 4
    I'm hoping Car_Man or some other smart lease people can give me some lease information for a 2008 GMC Acadia. Here are the details:
    2008 Acadia with SLT package FWD. 15000 miles/yr. 36 month lease with 0 down.
    I have spoken with a dealer here in the Austin, Tx. area and he has already said he will give me the car for invoice price plus $500 GM rebate and $500 off for trading in my Ford.
    What I need to know is the residual for this acadia and the money factor.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • shoeymisshoeymis Member Posts: 12
    We just leased an AWD SLT 12k/yr 39 mo lease and the residual was 62%. This was on the last day of February.
  • bancroft162bancroft162 Member Posts: 5
    Are there any incentives making it more advantageous to lease in March than wait til April?
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    What are the March lease programs for low mileage for the Acadia in FL?
  • yaggie1yaggie1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Carman, I just was reading thru your reply post above. I am looking a bit between all 3 GM crossovers. I was talking to a salesman from the dealer where my last 2 vehicles have come from about a Buick Enclave they had. The sticker on it was like $34,510. Now, I don't know how much GMS price comes into effect but he told me I would be looking at roughly $525/month on like 39 mths/15,000 per year. I didn't get lease rates or residual values from him but he told me today that the Enclave and Acadia residuals are close to the same thing. I guess my question is how are you coming with a payment of $516 on a $38,000+ vehicle when he is telling me $525 on a vehicle that is $4,000 less plus I can get GMS ? Is my sales guy feeding me a line of crap, because I haven't called him out on anything yet...........
    I ordered my 'perfect Acadia' today!

MSRP $41,695.00
    Invoice $39,356.73
    Agreed upon value $39,780.29
    (AAA contract rate 1% over invoice)
    plus GMAC Administrative fee $595
    Adjusted capitalized cost $40,375.29
    39 mo @ 12000/yr

Residual Factor 62%

Base monthly pmt $575.38
    State sales tax 5.6 32.22

At delivery they will adjust to all rates and promotions available.
    Tentatively, this is the pmt of a 39 mo lease.

Monthly pmt $607.60

Can somebody help me figure out what interest rate I am paying on this lease?

I'm too excited to try!!!!

Thanks!
    I just read msg 164 and wondered what is GMS???

You guys are awesome. I learned so much from this forum and I am crossing my fingers that I am doing ok on this deal.!
  • spalme2733spalme2733 Member Posts: 1
    Leasing a GMC ACADIA 2008 SLT1 AWD $1000 rebate
    39 month 12,000 miles per year
    sunroof
    power lift gate
    remote start
    parking assist
    dvd

$3,900 out of pocket 490.00 month. The car is on the lot. the car list for $40,000.
    Invoice $37,482
    TMV price$38,767
  • antney79antney79 Member Posts: 3
    Here is my lease info I am looking for in hte Chicagoland area.

2008 Acadia
    FWD
    SLT2 Trim
    Navigation
    Rear Seat DVD
    HID
    HUD
    MSRP- 42,000.00
    Selling Price- $39,500.00

Looking for 48 month lease with 15K miles per year.

Want to put 0 down.

What should I expect a monthly payment at?

I received this qoute from my dealer

Down payment $3,000 plus taxes
    Monthly- $540 for FWD/ $600 for AWD with all above options.

I think this might be an OK deal if there was no down payment. Am I out of line here?

Anthony
  • mig42mig42 Member Posts: 13
    We've just just started out looking at the Acadia & have a few questions...

We're in NJ(Maplewood area) so would love to hear feedback on any good deals people have gotten recently in the North Jersey area or close enough.

What Residual and money factor where you quoted? & what monthly payment? We're looking for a 36 month lease with 12000 miles, $0 down.
    Also, as a side note when you are given a residual quote of say 60%..is that 60% of MRSP or 60% of the selling price you agree with the dealer?

We're interested in the basic SLE model with added extra of the RES. Just wondering with the RES option do you get a multiple CD changer or are you still stuck with the one CD player that comes with the standard SLE model?

And finally, are you able to add leather as an option with the SLE? I don't see it in the spec..but just thought I'd ask.

Appreciate your input..

Thanks!
    Just received this offer:

MSRP- 42,765
    Selling price- 39,756
    48 months
    15K miles per year.
    $270 down (docs and plates) plus first month payment

They told me the residual is 52%
    Money factor (rate) @ 6.25%

Monthly payment $615.00.

Is this fair?
    I beleive it should be around 550
  • rm65rm65 Member Posts: 5
    That sounds high, I have been running numbers on the GMC website (under financial tools) and using your numbers from above the GMAC payment I get a payment of around 570.00. I dont know what MF or Residual is used for that calculation but it is what is in the GMC site. I would ask the dealer why the difference.
  • bkg223bkg223 Member Posts: 1
    I just got the following quote for a fully loaded Acadia SLT-2 ($45,045 MSRP) with Supplier Discount

15K/year / 39 mos. / 6.25%APR / resdi 59%

$627.55 a month

fair?
  • raloraralora Member Posts: 233
    Hi, I'm new here and on the market for an Acadia & would like to know where can I get current bank rates & residuals for this vehicle.

Thanks,
    RL
    Hi pstallin. Dealer invoice minus any available incentives is an excellent selling price for a GMC Acadia. As far as this truck's lease program goes, GMAC's current base lease rate and residual; value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 6.25% and 60%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bancroft162. The Acadia is actually selling reasonably well, given the current state of the economy and high gas prices. As a result, General Motors still is not providing much in the way of lease support on it in April.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings sheepdog1. GMAC's current lease program for this truck varies by term. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Its current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Acadia with 12,000 miles per year are 6.25% and 63%, respectively. If by low mileage, you meant 10,000 miles per year this truck's residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bancroft162. The selling price that you were quoted on the Acadia that you are interested in is excellent, especially for an ordered vehicle. Dealers are usually much more anxious to sell vehicles that they already physically have in inventory than they are to place an order for one. The residual value that you were quoted is right in line with GMAC's current resid for this truck. Just make sure that the dealer uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 6.25% to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business. Ask the dealer what rate they are using, they should tell you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bancroft162. GMS pricing is available to consumers who purchase vehicles through General Motors' supplier purchase program. GM employees are usually given coupons that they can use to extend the special low prices that are available through this program to anyone.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi spalme2733. You mentioned a lot of numbers in your post, but I can't tell what this truck's selling price is. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that someone here will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal if you let us know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Anthony. I see that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Lessees who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is involved in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you will be better off going with a zero down lease.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The 2008 Acadia SLT 2WD that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,900 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. the $2,500 discount that you were quoted on this truck looks very attractive to me.

Let's calculate a zero down lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 GMC Acadia that has an MSRP of $42,000 and a selling price of $39,500 through GMAC right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $651.

Car_man
    Host
    Car-man,

Where can I find the GMAC published lease rates? I was just told by the dealer that it is 8.5% instead of 6.25%. Also, is a dealer fee of $589 about right?

Thanks ahead,
    Raul
    2008 Acadia SLE with a few extras(see below)

I've yet to get the invoice from the dealership but here's what I have so far..

MSRP $33,850.00
    Selling Price $32,005.63 (this is what they emailed me, I haven't negotiated further yet until I see the invoice price)

With $0 down, 36 month lease/12000 miles

Fees due at lease signing are...
    1st months payment, $362 MV fee, $299 Doc fee, $7.50 tire tax, and $450 refundable security deposit.

$435 monthly payment incl NJ sales tax

here's the vehicle spec...

PEG: 3SA - SLE-1 Pkg
    Primary Color: 80U - Red Jewel Tintcoat
    Trim: 19C - Ebony Cloth
    Engine: LY7 - Engine, 6 Cyl. 3.6L
    Transmission: MY9 - Transmission, Auto. 6-Spd (FWD)

Options: ABB : Seating, 7-Pass. 2,2,3 PZ3 : Wheel, 18" X 7.5" Aluminum Painted
    AP3 : Remote Keyless Entry With Remote Start QLW : Tires, P255/65R18 BW-ALS
    AQ4 : Seat, 2nd Row Captains Chairs U2K : XM-Radio Digital Audio System-S-Band
    AR9 : Seats, Frt. Bucket, Deluxe U42 : DVD Entertainment Pkg. Rear Seat
    ARN : Seat, Rear, 3rd Row, 60/40 Bench, Manual UD7 : Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist
    AY0 : Restraint System, Inf. Driver & Pass & Head Curtain UE1 : OnStar
    CJ2 : HVAC System, Frt. Tri-Zone UH8 : Cluster Inst.-Cool Temp, Trip OD, Tach
    E69 : Liftgate, Rear Manual UK6 : Rear Seat Audio Controls & Headphone Jacks
    FE2 : Suspension System, Ride & Handling UQS : Audio Pkg, Advanced Bose 10-Speaker w/ Surround Sound
    NC7 : Emissions Override, Federal UVA : Radio, DVD, CD, AM/FM Stereo, MP3, RDS
    NE1 : Northeast Emissions (CT/MA/ME/NY/PA/RI/VT) VK3 : License Plate Frt, Mounting Pkg.
    NK5 : Steering Wheel, Std. Z88 : Market Brand-GMC
    PDD : Convenience Pkg

So what do you guys think? how much below the offered selling price should I negotiate?
    forgot to add

Money Factor is .00260
    Residual is 62%

and I've just been told the invoice is $31, 751
    Hi mig42. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this vehicle's current lease program is like. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a GMC Acadia with 12,000 miles per year are 6.25% and 63%, respectively. Residual values are always based upon a percentage of vehicles' full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any factory-installed options.

You will have better luck getting information on what this truck's CD player, leather, etc. are like by hopping on over to the "2008 GMC Acadia".

On an unrelated note, I saw one on the road yesterday and it looked really nice.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey antney79. The lease rate and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with GMAC's current program for this model. That is a good thing. Now let's take a look at its selling price. The truck that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. This is almost the exact discount that you are being given, which means that this is a good selling price. If you currently own or are leasing a GM vehicle, you are eligible for a special $500 owner loyalty cash incentive. Make sure to take that into account if you are eligible for it.

Despite the fact that all of the negotiable aspects of this deal look great, the monthly payment looks too high. I just used the numbers that you mentioned in your post and I came up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $527. You definitely need to get together with the dealer to see why the payment that they quoted you is so much higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bkg223. The lease rate and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with GMAC's lease program for this truck. Furthermore, its selling price should be good as well if you are getting it through GM's supplier purchase program. I suspect that this is an excellent deal, but I would be happy to double check that the payment is correct for you if you provide me with its selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ralora. I can provide you with the information that you are looking for. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles per year are 6.25% and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Raul. I am not aware of any resource that provides information on manufacturers' lease programs to the general public. However, I can assure that the lease rate that I mentioned is correct. If the dealer that you are working with quoted you a higher rate than this, they are trying to mark your truck's rate up to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. I suggest that you try comparison shopping with another dealer or two in your area. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you shouldn't have much trouble finding a dealer who is willing lease you an Acadia using GMAC's base rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • cvlavcvlav Member Posts: 6
    I have just started shopping for a lease on a 2008 Acadia SLE

Here are the details:

MSRP: $33,580.00
    Invoice $31,988.58 (which includes a charge for "Advert/Adjustments of 656.90/is this waivable or is it imposed/mandated by GMAC)
    Vehicle Price: $32,200
    Rebates serving as s cash down $1,500
    Net cost of Vehicle les rebates: $30,700
    Rate: 6.25%
    Residual Factor: 62
    Net Residual Value 20,819.60
    Security deposit: $475 (is this discretionary with dealer or mandated by GMAC)
    Administration Fee: $695 (is this discretionary with dealer or mandated by GMAC)

0 down with all fees and sales taxes rolled into monthly payment

MOnthly Payments - $455.69

Extra Options for this 2008 Acadia SLE:

PCM- Preferred Package
    PDD - COnvenience Package
    XA7- Windshield Washer Fluid System , heated

In addition to answering the questions as to the waivablity by dealer of Admin fee, security deposit and Advert/adjust fee, is this a good deal?
    Car Man, you replied to my post previous. Can you verify the below information is the correct way of coming up with a lease payment? If it is, how do I convey that to the dealership that this is where the price needs to be?

2008 Acadia- SLT2 FWD (Nav, Rear DVD, Sun Roof, HID and HUD)
    1. Sticker Price of the car + options $42,765.00
    2. Times the residual value percentage X .52%
    3. Equals the residual value = $22,237.80
    4. Invoice price of car minus incentives (net capitalized cost) $39,756.00
    5. Minus the residual (From line 3) - $22,237.80
    6. Equals the depreciation over 36 months = $ 17,518.20
    7. Depreciation (Line 6) divided by term in months ÷ 48
    8. Equals the monthly depreciation payment = $ 364.97
    9. Net capitalized cost (From line 4) $39,756.00
    10. Plus the residual (From line 3) + $22,237.80
    11. Equals = $61,993.80
    12. Times the money factor X .0026041
    13. Equals money factor payment portion = $ 161.44
    14. Monthly depreciation payment (from line 8) $ 364.97
    15. Plus money factor payment portion (from line 12) + $ 161.44
    16. Equals bottom-line monthly lease payment = $ 526.41

Dupage (7.25%) Sales tax added- 526.41*.0725=38.17
    Total payment with taxes is= $564.58
    See my post below which has a monthly payment of a bit more with an MSRP of a bit less

What dealership gave you this price quote in the NJ area?
    Car_man, thanks for your reply and info. I'm looking at 36 or 39 mo. lease w/ 15k so the 60% residual matches what the dealers have been telling me. The problem is on the rate. I've called four dealers and they are all telling me the rate is 8% & they are all showing me this from the incentives list at cars.com. My dilema is how can I show or prove them the 6.25 instead of the 8 they are all telling me? I understand there is also dealer fee and/or document fee, could you tell me from experience around how much this should be? And last, does GMAC requires a deposit on all leases and if so around how much?

Thanks ahead,
    RL
    Car_man,

Anything on this?

Thanks,
    RL
    Any response to my prior post of 4/11/08...pleae advise

Thanks
    Did you ever consumate this deal...if so how much was the invoice and/or sales price
  • mstellermsteller Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    I too cannot find a dealership in my local area (I have contacted 4) who will extend a lease rate of less than 8% to any customer. What would you advise?
    Hi ralora. I am absolutely positive that GMAC's base lease rate on the 2008 GMC Acadia is currently 6.25%. This is one of GM's most popular vehicles, so it is not surprising that dealers are trying to mark up its lease rate. If you comparison shop with a few dealers, you should be able to find one that is willing to let you use this truck's base lease rate to calculate your monthly payment. If not, then this is what you will have to pay to lease one in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, I've contacted every possible dealer I could in my area and they all came out with 8% instead of the 6.25%. In addition a family member ordered the leasewise report from carbargains.com, which is a service we have used for the past 10 years with great results, and all the dealers quoted at 8% based on GMAC's base lease rates. The residual also came out at 60% instead of 62%. This will put a base Acadia w/o any options priced at invoice with a $500 doc fee & Adv. fee of $550 (1.5% of MSRP w/o Freight) right at $621/mo on a 36/15 lease. Any other suggestions? What do I need to do in order to get the 6.25% rate & 62% rv in writing?
    Dear Car Man...can you please answer my priro inquiry of 4/11/08
    Thanks
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    I'm not "CAR_MAN" but it is pretty obvios that you can't take the 36 month residual and use it on a GM SMART BUY 48 month term. You should be looking for a 48 month residual that would be #2 on your equation. You are using 36 month residual then dividing it by 48 month term. Not gonna work. Why do you want to lease for 48 months anyway?
    Hi ralora. Unless there is some regional variation in GMAC's lease program that I am unaware of, which is unlikely, the dealers that you are working with are taking advantage of the fact that the Acadia is one of the few "hot" vehicles that General Motors has right now and they are attempting to mark your truck's base lease rate up to add additional, hidden, back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing is perfectly legal and it happens quite often on popular vehicles. If you can't find a single dealer in your area to use the base rate, that's just what the market dictates right now and there probably isn't much that you can do about it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.