Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• raloraralora Member Posts: 233
    Thanks Car_man for all the info you've provided me. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but you're right the market I'm at is simply dictating this practice not only on this vehicle but on an all of the other vehicles I've looked at lately. I've changed my mind from a crossover/suv back to a sedan and I'm currently looking at the Infiniti G35 which seems to be a somewhat slower selling vehicle with a very high residual value, thus making it very attractive for lease purposes.

RL
  • bobinchitownbobinchitown Member Posts: 2
    I just left the dealer where I got the price( $39,500), residual (60%) and lease rate (6.25) all with no haggling (SLT2/AWD & a few options) bringing the MSRP to $41,185. I used the Edmunds calculator and the manual system (like antney79 above) and figured the 36mo/45k lease to be ~$627.00.

So why do they whip out their calculation and it says $680.00? What is the dealer or GM doing to inflate the figure by $50 a month or $1800 for the lease term?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, ralora. You're not alone in your switch from an SUV to a sedan. With gas prices at over four bucks per gallon myself and a million other people are doing the same thing. The G35 Sedan is a nice car. You'll like it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • katwhite11katwhite11 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I just left the dealership and was offered the following lease options on a 2008 GMC Acadia. Can you (or anyone else) tell me if this is a good deal? I pulled this info off the invoice that the salesman gave me.

FWD SLT-1
    Summit White
    ACX Hit the road package
    E61 Power liftgate
    FE9 50-state emissions
    LY7 3.6L VVT Vg Engine
    MY9 6 speed transmission
    PDD Conv Package remote start, rear parking assist
    PDM Cargo shade & Cardo net
    U42 Entertainment system
    VK3 front license plate bracket

Total Model & options 34,647.88 plus destination charge 1,135.20 plus advertising charges 378.40 for total invoice of $36,161.48.

Dealer offered me a purchase price of $34,500 including all incentives, etc.

The 36 month 15K lease payment is 461.92, 39 month 15K lease payment is 452.56. This includes $3,500 for my trade in of a 2001 Ford Expedition with 130,000 miles on it.

Without the trade in the payments would be 561.59 for 39 months and 578.71 for 36 months.

I questioned the dealer about the lease rate factor and didn't get a straight answer.

Is this a good deal?

A response ASAP would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Katwhite
  • disney2disney2 Member Posts: 25
    2008 acadia slt-1 awd
    dvd
    power lift gate
    sunroof
    moonroof
    19 inch tires

msrp 42095
    paid 39750 including 750 rebate

39 mo lease 12k miles

$529 per mo tax in payments
    drive away: $529 (first mo), $550 refundable sec dep, mv ($350), $650 "delivery"
    Congratulations on getting your new Acadia, disney2. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • vmoorevmoore Member Posts: 7
    My dealer just informed me that GMC is no longer offering leases on the 08 Acadias. My research shows that this applies to all GMC dealers and not just my local guy.
    Car_Man, if I opt to lease through a bank, what should I expect the residual value and money factors to be for a 2008 SLT1 AWD?
    Thanks for the help.
    Hi vmoore. What you were told is correct. GMAC was offering a lease program with an unattractive 8.25% interest rate earlier this month, but it pulled the plug on it when it introduced the Employee Pricing promotion. That means if you want to lease an Acadia right now, you will have to do so through an independent bank. The problem is that many major independent banks have exited the leasing business lately. I'm not even sure that you will be able to find one that is willing to lease you an Acadia right now. If there is one, your dealer will probably know about it. Unfortunately, I do not personally keep tabs on non-captive lease programs so I don't know what an independent bank's numbers would look like for this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • chaos42chaos42 Member Posts: 23
    is there any way i can get out of my lease on an 07 acadia im not happy with the vehicle.can i trade it in at another car company.i leased at kristal automall in brooklyn ny and they said icant get out of the lease that it would ruin my credit.i feel the vehicle is a lemon.they also said that if i turned it in before the lease was up it would be like a voluntary repo but i would still have to pay for the vehicle.please help me with this.thanks :cry:
    Hi chaos42. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. You definitely just can't return your car and walk away from it. Doing so would indeed ruin your credit.

In order to get out of your lease early, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • chaos42chaos42 Member Posts: 23
    thanks fo the info i kind of figured as much i'm just glad i leased and didnt finance this vehicle has so many problems.how can they put out a product like this and get away with this.it seems like every message on the other site is a problem.i will continue 2 pay my lease and count down the months its almost over.i'm going 2 buy me a little hoopty 2 get back and forth 2 work and start leaving the acadia in the driveway :mad:
    No problem, chaos42.

Car_man
    Host
  • carnutfancarnutfan Member Posts: 19
    I'm getting terrible offers from dealers on a 36 month lease. One dealer told me the residual on a 40k car was 18k after 3 years! I'm trying to get one with drive offs for 36mo/15k year. What should I be looking for in terms of a payment?

Also, should I go directly through a bank or credit union? thanks.
    Hi carnutfan. If you're interested in leasing your next vehicle then the GMC Acadia is not for you. General Motors' financial problems have forced it to pull the plug on its special lease program. Between that and the general realignment of residual values that has occurred in the industry over the past year leasing an Acadia is going to be very expensive. If you're set on leasing, choose a different model.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrothmanmrothman Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man:

I am seeking info on leasing an 2009 Acadia SLT. I visited my local dealer (los angeles area) and received the typically outrageous first proposal. The numbers they provided are as follows: Sale price of $38,473 (taxes, etc brings it up to about $42,700), cash down of $3,000, lease term of 39 months, Money Factor of .0027, and Residual Value of 37%. This all equates to a monthly payment of $875. As I said, I believe this figure is insane.

I think the money factor is actually fair, but the residual value is a joke and I assume the sale cost is high as well. Can you please give me a fair set of numbers that I should set as my goal. Thanks.
    Hi mrothman. wow, nearly $900 per month to lease an Acadia. I don't think so. Ever since General Motors was forced to pull the plug on its special lease program is has been next to impossible to get a good deal on a lease of a GM product. The residual value that you were quoted may be a joke, but unfortunately it probably is realistic. I suppose that says something about the resale value of many GM products.

If you really want to lease, don't go with a GM vehicle. If you like the Acadia, and it is a nice truck, and don't mind not leasing finance it through GMAC at 0% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • sprmariosprmario Member Posts: 15
    It seams that GM is offering leases again on the Acadia. Car_man, do you k now the current terms? Specifically I am looking for a 15,000 mile/year lease.

thanks.
    Hi sprmario. GMAC's current base lease rate for a 36 month lease of any 2010 GMC Acadia is 0.4%. This truck's 15,000 mile per year residual values vary from 39% to 42% depending upon what trim level you want.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,300 cash incentive on leases of this truck through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    Car Man- Are the above numbrs posted on September 29th still good for October? I'm trying to negotiate a fair deal on a lease of either an Arcida or a Traverse. I posted in the Traverse Lease section asking you the same questions. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, wnuk, GMAC's lease program for the Acadia is the same in October as it was last month.

Car_man
    Host
  • sakura5sakura5 Member Posts: 2
    This is my first post. Has anyone heard about the new campaign coming out in November for the Acadia? We live in NY/NJ area and are waiting for a better deal.
  • hawkdsshawkdss Member Posts: 4
    I just received this offer from a dealer on the 2010 Acadia. Please let me know if this is a decent deal for 39 months 12,000 mi per year:

Term 39 months
    Rate .4000
    MSRP 32615
    Lease Amt 30995
    Acq Fee 795
    Fees 53.75
    Total Cap Cost 31790
    Cusomer Cash 3995
    Rebate 2300
    Net Cap Cost 27236.96
    Residual 39% = 12719.85
    Taxes 884.27
    Base Pmt 378.94 Mthly $36.94
    Periodic Payment 415.88
    Security Deposit 425.00
    Drive Off Fees 1741.96
    Net CCR 4553.04
  • mel10021mel10021 Member Posts: 31
    Is customer cash how much you are putting down or is tis from the dealer ?
    The customer cash is what the dealer wants me to put down ($3,995).
    Does anyone have an opinion on the lease deal that I posted?
  • wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    Lets do the math and find out.

MSRP: $32615
    Residual: $12720 (39% of MSRP)
    Money Factor: 4.0% or .00166 (4% / 2400)
    Dealer fees: $1275.75 ($795 incept, $425 sec. dep. $55.75 tags)

Negotiated Selling Price of Vehicle:
    Dealer Invoice: $31016 (Price you should pay for vehicle)
    Dealer Incentive: $2300 (GMC Rebate)
    Down Payment: $3995 (Cash down)

Total Selling Price: $24721

Use Value (depreciation):
    Invoice Price (plus) Dealer fees (minus) Residual
    $24721 + $1276 - $12720 = $13277

Depreciation Payment of Lease:
    Depreciation value divided by length of lease
    $13277 / 39 months = $340.43 per month

Interest Payment Calculations:
    Invoice Price (plus) Residual (multiplied by) Money Factor
    $24721+ $12720 multiplied by .00166=
    $43.15 per month

Base Lease Payment Calculations:
    Depreciation Payment + Interest Payment
    $340.43 + $43.15 = $383.58 per month

Sales Tax Payment Calculations: (See my note below please)
    Sales tax you quoted (divided by) lease lenght
    $885 divided by 39 months = $22.69 per month

Base Lease + Sales Tax payments = $406.27 per month total payment

On sales tax, here in PA it is charged on the monthly payment price and not calculated the way I did it above since I don't know the sales tax rate where you are it. In other words, take the base lease payment calculation from above ($383.58) and multiply it by the sales tax rate where you live. Here in PA on a lease it is 9% so $383.58 X 9%= $34.52 per month in sales tax on the lease. So the total lease payment would then be $418.10 per month.

The other thing to consider is you should NOT put a lot of money OOP for a lease. The only thing that does is lower your monthly payment. If you were willing to pay $4000 OOP, why not take a higher monthly payment (recalculate using the formula above by subtracting the $4000 OOP) and use that $4000 to either supplement your higher monthly payment or use it to make the first 5 or 6 higher payments. Here's why:

Say you put $4000 OOP on a lease to lower your monthly payment. Now driving out of the dealer parking lot with your new Acadia you get T-boned and your new vehicle is totaled. You insurance will cover the loss of the vehicle but the $4000 you put down to lower the monthly payment is lost. It's always better to put as little down OOP on a lease as possible for this reason.

Another thing to consider is trying to negotiate the money factor. 4% is high. A Chevy dealer just quoted me 1.25% on a 48 month lease on a Traverse.

Hope this helps you some in making your decision.
    What trim / accessories are on this ?
    It is just the basic, basic SL. It is the cheapest Acadia in the dealer's inventory.
  • fcarey529fcarey529 Member Posts: 1
    This was extremely helpful to me. I am negotiating on a lease for a new 2010 GMC Terrain, and getting very different numbers from dealers. I am taking this information with me on my next visit to the local dealer, to see if I can get the price down to something I am comfortable with.
    thanks! :)
  • ncnyawkerncnyawker Member Posts: 23
    Carman- do you have the current rates and dealer support for 2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 with 15,000 per year? Thanks!
    Here you go, ncnyawker. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 40%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Car-man: Where would the #'s be on FWD SLT1 with 10k/year ?

Thanks
  • kellimkellim Member Posts: 4
    Hey, Car Man -- Please tell me if I'm expecting the impossible before I try to work out a lease next week. Zip in Colorado: 80109. Here's the deal I'd like to get:

Trade: BMW X5 Sport Package w/moon roof -- 115K miles
    Payoff: $8,640
    BlueBookTrade value: $9,925 (good condition)

Acadia: SLT w/single entertainment system and misc other features
    Retail price as built on GMC site: $42,400
    36 month / 15K per year
    $435 month

I see above you listed "base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 40%, respectively."

I'm not great with the math so haven't worked it out, but based on the 1% rule you mentioned in another post, I'm guessing $435 would be reasonable? If not, what would be reasonable but still a good deal?

Thanks!
  • joeystiffs19joeystiffs19 Member Posts: 43
    Car Man, Can you help. I'm about to negotiate a lease deal for a 2010 Acadia AWD SLT2 for 39 mos, 10k miles. I am looking for the lease rate and residual value. I'm also turning in my 07 Acadia that the lease has 5 payments left. The salesman that called me stated that there are incredibles deals right now to get me out of my current lease and into another. Is this true?
  • macdaddy4x4macdaddy4x4 Member Posts: 7
    Just leased a 2010 Acadia SLE. Had a residual of $11,500 but the option to buy at lease end was $14,000, a $2,500 premium. Anyone know why the $2,500 fee? Looks to me like a way to artificially increase the residual while making the lessee pay for it.
    Im shopping for a SLT-1 and came across a good deal after incentives, etc. She told me the sticker price we were working off of. When I went to GMC to 'build' the car it was $500 cheaper. She said this was because it did not include a $500 advertising fee. Please advise.
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Carman,

Can you let me know what the current lease terms for the Arcadia for January or February in CT. Looking for a 36/39 month lease.
  • macdaddy4x4macdaddy4x4 Member Posts: 7
    Finally got some resolution from GMAC on a lease question that I wanted to pass on.

Effective in mid August, GMAC is adding a $2,500 fee to the calculated residual value to derive the Fixed Purchase Price that one would pay should you elect to purchase your leased vehicle at the end of the lease term. Historically this would have been up to a $500 fee.

I based my decision to lease (with the option to buy) on having to only pay a nominl fee to convert. This came as quite a shock and disappointment while signing the final documents.

Interesting that this never came up in any of the conversations, but the dealer hadn't been doing much in the way of leasing and this was a fairly recent change
  • amill97amill97 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car-man,
    My company pays for my lease but I must keep my monthly payments at about $ 500 per month. My company doesn’t want to put any money down so if I want something nicer I would need to pay the deposit myself.
    I am interested in leasing a 2010 Acadia SL1 with a MSRP $ 44,730. The dealer said his offer was with $ 4,439 down (all upfront fees and taxes included), my monthly payments would be $ 499.00 per month. I live in zip code 07024.
    Is this a good price or should I negotiate further.

Thanks for your help
  • grace7000grace7000 Member Posts: 6
    What can I expect to pay for a loaded 2010 Acadia in Nassau (ie 11050) or Suffolk (ie 11731) county NY? I am not used to the American cars with everything a la cart but if I did this correctly, the MSRP of the vehicle I built on the GM site had a MSRP of $48k. We would select the lowest mile package available.
  • amill97amill97 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car-man,
    My company pays for my lease but I must keep my monthly payments at about $ 500 per month. My company doesn’t want to put any money down so if I want something nicer I would need to pay the deposit myself.
    I am interested in leasing a 2010 Acadia SL1 with a MSRP $ 44,730. The dealer said his offer was with $ 4,439 down (all upfront fees and taxes included), my monthly payments would be $ 499.00 per month. I live in zip code 07024.
    Is this a good price or should I negotiate further.
    ** I forgot to say it's a 48 month lease, 12,000 miles per year

Thanks for your help
    Hey cpaman. Here's the info that you're looking for.

GMAC's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Acadia SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 42%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.95% and 40%.

As with the Traverse lease program that I provided you with a few minutes ago, you never mentioned the exact trim level of the Acadia that you want so I had to make an assumption. Again let me know if you want something different.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through GMAC into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • donnymccoydonnymccoy Member Posts: 7
    I faxed an RFQ for a pretty-well equipped two vehicle deal (Acadia and Sierra 1500) to three local GMC dealers. Here's a response from one of them:

The following are the lease quotes that you requested. Unfortunately there are not competitive leases on the Sierra. There are simply no programs for leasing a Sierra. The best deal on the Sierra is a buy. A lease on a Sierra like the one you requested is going to run $799 / mo with $0 down. You can lease the Acadiafor $638 / mo with $0 down for 39 months at a rate of 1.45% and a residual of 39% or $589 / mo for 48 months at a rate of 2.25% and a residual of 34%. If you would like a buy price on a Sierra let me know.

I don't have MSRP yet; but it seems like the first response BS game to me. Thoughts?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Probably so.... To get an accurate response from any dealer you have to go there.
  • ethandaneethandane Member Posts: 14
    Car Man
    1) Can you pls tell me the Feb. Residual and Money Factor for the AWD SLT1 and AWD SLT2 for 12k and 36 months or 39 months?

2) Also is there any dealer cash or cash incentives i should be taking advantage of on a Lease?

3) Do you know if the GMC Supplier Discount applies to a lease and if so is it in addition to the dealer cash or cash incentives being offered?

thank you!
    Hi donnymccoy. What you were told about leasing a Sierra is correct. General Motors is not currently providing lease support on any of its pickups.

If you really want a Sierra, you will have to finance it through GMAC at 0% for four years / 3.9% for 5 years or finance it through an independent bank / pay cash for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ethandane. Here's the info that you need.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 43%, respectively. The numbers for a 39 month lease of this truck are 0.95% and 41%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Acadia SLT2 AWD are 0.95% and 41%. The numbers for a 39 month lease of this truck are 0.95% and 39%.

As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 cash incentive that is currently available on GMAC leases and $1,000 bonus cash.

GM was providing $1,000 conquest cash to current Lexus owners and lessees, but I heard that might have changed.

You should be able to take advantage of GM's supplier purchase program on a lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • maryn165maryn165 Member Posts: 12
    I am in Long Island NY and just purchaed a SLE AWD. Bought the car with taxes for $39,599 and put $10,000 down and my payment will be$482 a month. That is on a 72 month 4.9% financing with 2,000 in rebates. Just was wondering what you thought of the deal and if it was a good one.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    Car_man,

Do you have the current lease rate, residual and CCR for the 2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD and FWD for 36 months and 12k miles per year?

Thanks!
  • joeystiffs19joeystiffs19 Member Posts: 43
    Car Man, is the $3500.00 cash incentive and $1000.00 bonus cash still available? Im about to negotiate a lease on a '10 Acadia SLT2 AWD, 36-39 mos., 10k miles yr. In addition are the lease rates and residuals the same as the past few months?
This discussion has been closed.