Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• arcadialease10arcadialease10 Member Posts: 5
    Carbon Black SLT-1
    MRSP $41055 Selling price with rebates is $37,667.
    $1819 (sales tax) due up front plus DMV, $489 per month.
    This lease is for 39 months and 12,000 miles per year.
    1st monthly lease payment is waived, so you have a 39 month lease with 38 monthly payments.
    The lease is through US Bank
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Good question, robmac2. I haven't seen it, but I'll look into that for you and see what I can come up with.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • robmac2robmac2 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2010
    Lease an SLT-1 AWD in PA

Here are the particulars on a 36 month 12,000 mile thru US BANK

Residual is 51% (49 for std 15000 mile lease +2% for the low miles)
    Rate 0.96%
    Acquisition fee is $695.00
    CCR/Rebate is $2000.00

No Security Deposit and first month payment waived.
  • slifeslife Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like you negotiated a great deal. where is this dealership, i would love to get the same price.
  • outbackeroutbacker Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man
    I need your input on these numbers:
    2011 ACADIA AWD SLT-1 with Navigation and DVD player, living in CT:
    MSRP 45695, Price 44350, Rebate 2000 and trading in a Toyota Sienna 2002 for 4500.
    39months, 18000/year, residual 48 and Money factor 0.00040.
    Monthly payments 548.
    Is this a good deal?
  • toolman3080toolman3080 Member Posts: 6
    Just haggled down a lease payment on a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali, 39 month lease, 0 down, no trade, 12000 miles a year. Had a MSRP of 45900.00. Lease thru US Bank was 558.72 which includes the tax. Residual at end of lease was 23510.00

I thought that was a pretty fair lease price....any thoughts.
  • tnjrobtnjrob Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease an 11 GMC acadia. The one I am looking at has a msrp of roughly 36,000. I want a 36 month lease no $ down around $400 a month. I know there are dealer incentives and such right now. I would like to go in fully armed and knowledgable. I have a trailblazer on lease that expires in 2/2011. (2 payments left). Can anyone give me ammo my current lease is through ally as well. What are current incentives? What is the kickback ally will give to the dealership etc...
    ok, here is what i am getting from the dealer.
    MSRP 35,200
    Base cap cost $31500
    rate 2.45%
    residual 51%
    36 month lease = $489/month(w tax) (initially it was $515)
    I then called their bluff...(the initial rate was 3.49%)

I think this is still high...When I calculate it out I come out with $454 per month including tax. The finance manager is telling me I am not compounding interest daily (whatever) They are hiding extra $ in there somewhere. Any idea how to approach them?
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited December 2010
    tnjrob,

Basic capcost means nothing because it isn't a Reg. M (the FRBB's reg governing consumer retail leasing) term. Dealerships often use inconsistent terminology and so I must ask what is meant by basic capcost? If the dealer means adjusted capcost and, assuming 31,500 is accurate (which I highly doubt), then your Ally base payment amounts to exactly 427,48. I'm not able to compute your payment, including tax, because you didn't indicate the tax rate and the state. I need to know both as different states compute tax differently. For example, if you live in a state that taxes payments at 6% as they are received, then your payment, including tax, amounts to 453.13. At any rate, no pun intended, the dealer's payment of 489 is way too high assuming that the adjusted cap is 31,500. If he told you interest is compounded daily, he is full of himself because interest is compounded monthly. Also, like GMAC, Ally discounts (present values) the residual one month nearer to the present using the interest rate. This is totally inapproporiate but GMAC has been doing this for years.

The biggest mistake that most people make when leasing is that they allow the dealer to control the deal. Bad idea! You need to collect data first (e.g., MSRP, acquisition fee, doc fee, DMV fee, sales tax rate, lease rate (interest rate or money factor, whichever applies), and residual factor). Once you've collected all pertinent data, you need to construct a one-page lease proposal. Every number must be accurate to the penny so that the amounts can be placed on the fund provider's lease agreement. After completing the one-page lease proposal, FAX/email it to the dealer. The only thing you're likely to negotiate from that point forward is the agreed upon value (i.e., selling price).

If you would like a copy of a sample lease proposal, you may email me at

autoleasegeek@zoominternet.net

and I'll be happy to send you one.

All the Best,

John
    Ok, here is what I am getting from the dealer....

MSRP $35200
    "Sale" price $34093.00
    Tax $1315.
    Doc Fee $283.50
    Acq fee $795
    Residual 51% (17923)
    APR 2.45%
    Lease term 36 months
    Ohio Taxes

They are coming up with a monthly pmt of $491.69
    John, it deleted your email address, can you try again?

Jennifer
  • gabe8303gabe8303 Member Posts: 2
    is this a good lease deal on a 2011 acadia denali in va

MSRP 50,255.00 dealer discount 1490.00 rebate 2,500.00 price 46,265.00
    tax 1467.82 aquis fee 269.00 dmv 40.00 residual .51
    lease 36 months 15,000 miles 756 month
  • gabe8303gabe8303 Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal in va

MSRP 50,255.00 aqu. fee 269.00 tax 1467.82 dmv 40.00 residual .51
    price 46,265.00 36 month 15,00 miles
    Hi outbacker. The Acadia that you described probably has a spread of around $2,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. On top of that, there is currently a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally. that gives you a total of around $4,900 to play with during your negotiations. It looks to me as though you are at around $1,100 over invoice plus the dealer is off on the incentive by $500.

I don't know what the Sienna that you're trading in is worth or if the dealer is overallowing on it, but you might still have a little room to play with on the Acadia's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • vaveevavee Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man, Can you please tell me what should I expect to pay on a 2011 Acadia SL fwd? I have been told that the residual is 49% and MF is .00040 for 39 Months. The MSRP of the vehicle I am looking at is $32,715. I know there is a customer rebate of $2000, my dealer in northern NJ is only discounting the car by $650.00, basically he wants to sell me the car for $32,050.00 he says this includes the Cust. Rebate because he added back the Acq Fee of $895.00 and taxes of $1200. Could I expect to be under $400 a month, with $0 out of pocket?

Thanks

Ray
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Hey Car Man....can you tell me the current buy rate numbers for the GMC Acadia SLT-1 for both the AWD and 2WD models? Looking at 36 or 39 month lease with 12k or 15k miles per year. Thanks!
  • outbackeroutbacker Member Posts: 3
    Thank You Car_Man
    Hi Ray. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 GMC Acadia SL FWD that has an MSRP of $32,715, a capitalized cost of $32,050, a money factor of .00040, and a residual value of 49%, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $464 for 36 months.

Unfortunately, you won't be anywhere near $400 per month unless you get a much larger dealer discount.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sprinkler13. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.45% and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 2.45% and 48%.

The lease rates for the 2WD model are exactly the same, but its residual values are 2% lower.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome outbacker.

Car_man
    Host
  • jdiesel77jdiesel77 Member Posts: 19
    hey this any good? acadia denali msrp 49525 ...sale price 45535...doc and tags around 600..im in nj...12k miles 36 months 730 a month nothing out of pocket..thanks
  • cz_raidercz_raider Member Posts: 1
    Looking for Money Factor and Residual on Acadia Denali for 36 months and 15K for January 2011. Appears there is currently $3000 worth of incentives right now.
    Hello cz_raider. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali with 15,000 miles per year are 2.45% and 53%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    hey what is the residual/lease rate for an acadia denali 12k per year and 39 months? thanks
  • optionstrailoptionstrail Member Posts: 4
    Car Man--

Does Ally offer 48 month leases?

If so, then what is the rate (or money factor) and residual on a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15k miles per year?

Thanks
  • broker100kbroker100k Member Posts: 2
    2011 GMC Acadia Denali AWD MSRP $47440, dealer offered selling price of $42960, is this a deal? How much should I pay to lease this car for 12000 x 36 months? Zero down...
  • pluffmudpluffmud Member Posts: 1
    I think that's a good deal, especially for a Denali. I couldn't get my local dealer to come down much from MSRP for the Denali. Even though it's a Denali and they seem to be selling quickly, I refuse to pay close to MSRP...hence I don't have one yet :)
    Jdiesel77, Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.45% and 53%, respectively.

GM is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    It sure does, optionstrail. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 4.25% and 43%, respectively.

GM is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    car man thanks for the info. on the vehicle , THE MSRP is 49,525. My price according to amex zag should be about 45,500, including the 2k cash incentive. Adding bank and dmv fee i come out roughly to 46,500, which brings me to a payment (incl NJ taxes) of $635. However, the best offer I've been able to find is $676, with 0 out of pocket. Does this sound right? If not, how much lower would i reasonably be able to get? Thanks
    You're welcome jdiesel77. The selling price that you were quoted appears to be right around dealer invoice minus the available cash incentives...which is a very good deal. If you like the Acadia, I don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • amj05amj05 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    I'm interested in an AWD SLT1 Acadia. I've been given a quote of $520 per month. The details are: 39 months, 12K miles per year, no money down (including taxes; everything rolled in except first month), no loyalty or other incentives. How much better do you think I can do? I'm in NY.
  • 2007tbss2007tbss Member Posts: 1
    I looked at a loaded Acadia Denali, navigation, rear entertainment, etc. Sticker $48700. Selling Price $45400. Lease payment for 48 month / 12K mile lease with $2k down........$778!!!! This doesn't make sense to me. I am in Texas, 6.25% tax rate, incentives are $2k cash and $1k loyalty bonus. I know the price should be closer to $43000 with incentives (maybe not for a Denali, I hear there are no significant discounts.) I told finance I could lose the $2k incentive, take 0% for 60 and with the $2k down and be around $50 more a month OWNING the Acadia after 5 years rather than having a $25000 residual / buyout. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? And if it is correct, what should one be able to get into a loaded SLT2 with $43000 sticker on a 48 month / 12000 mile lease?
  • flynntsterflynntster Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, I got what I think to be a pretty good deal but want to make sure. AWD Acadia Denali, 39 months/12K, MSRP $49525, supplier discount and incentives. $599/mnth with $0 down.

thanks. your posts have always been incredibly helpful.
  • jersey10jersey10 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a 2011 AWD SLT-1, with rear DVD and dual sunroof (but no navigation). I'd like to keep my monthly payments as low as possible and am willing to do whatever term will accomplish that. I am also willing to pay the title, tags, and a small payment up front, but would like to keep the up front payment (including everything) under $3k.

I haven't yet spoken to any dealers or tried to do some calculations based on all the great information contained in these forums, but I'd be interested in hearing some general thoughts on what type of deal can I expect to obtain? Is around $500 month (or less) feasible for this vehicle? I am in Maryland if that matters.

Thanks for your help.
    flynster ur 599/0 down payment. where are u? does that include taxes? also, when u say 0 down, u mean 0 out of pocket at signing including no first payment or anything? did u get the gm incentive? if 599 incl taxes and 0 out of pocket sign and drive thats a very good deal...the best ive gotten is 591 but with 1st month payment and dmv fees out of pocket same msrp
  • optionstrailoptionstrail Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_Man

In NJ, it appears that dealer's are offering competitive financing from GM Financial (formerly AmeriCredit and now GM's new captive fin co) in a battle to compete with Ally (formerly GMAC)...

In January, GM Financial's:

-implied rate (was given money factor) was lower (3.14% vs 4.25%)

-residual was higher (46% vs 43%)

-cash back was lower ($500 vs $2,000)

-bank acq fee waived for certain states ($0 vs $695)

-deposit waived for certain states

-gap waiver was not included on back of the lease contract (as was with Ally/GMAC in the past)..have to purchase separately ($6XX vs. $0)

All in all it worked out to be about $15 less per month to lease with GM Financial....this is even after purchasing the gap waiver from dealer....my ins co (state farm) does not sell it unless financing thru it's captive bank

I'm sure numbers may have changed now that February is here, but wanted to give folks some insight as to what to expect when working the the dealerships.....also Ally now has a pull-ahead program for current lessees

GM Financial is such a new entity, that my insurance co didn't even have them in their system and was unaware of their existence....
  • rm65rm65 Member Posts: 5
    on a 2011 Acadia Denali AWD for 39 months with 15k per year?

Thanks in advance!
  • acole10000acole10000 Member Posts: 6
    2011 GMC Acadia Denali AWD
    Retail with Destination - $49,525
    Selling Price - $47,988
    6% Tax
    39 Month
    12K miles per year
    $1,000 Loyalty and $2,000 Rebate
    3.45% Financing
    $1,400 Due at signing

The dealer is telling me the monthly is $681 and that seems high, and advice would be appreciated.
  • jasontjasont Member Posts: 11
    Car Man, can you please comment on how good this Lease deal is for State of CA:

GMC Acadia SLT1
    MSRP: $42,295
    Dealer Incentive: - $1,697
    Lease Aquisition fee: $795
    Ally Bank Lease reduction: -2,000
    Net Cap Cost: $39,393

39 months - 12k miles per year
    2.45 APR (they could not give me money factor)
    50% residual: $21,147.50

$530.33 Payment (NOT including tax)
    Hi flynntster. This looks like a good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the information optionstrail. I was aware that GM Financial is ramping up its operations. It started with a pilot program in Ohio a couple of months ago and it expanded to several more states last month.

It's interesting that the GM Financial payments are less than Ally's are. I guess that General Motors is trying to steal business from its former captive finance company with its new one.

Anyhow, thanks again for the feedback. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rm65. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.45% and 51%.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jasont. The lease rate that you were quoted on this truck is right on the money.

Now let's take a look at its selling price. There's probably around a $2,000 spread between this Acadia's MSRP and dealer invoice price. That puts the nearly $1,700 dealer discount that you were quoted at only a couple hundred dollars over invoice, and the dealer is subtracting the cash incentive from that. This looks like a good deal to me.

If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • rm65rm65 Member Posts: 5
    thanks CarMan for your help on my recent post. Took Delivery of the new car this weekend. Here is a summary of the deal.

2011 Acadia Denali AWD-White Diamond w/Cashmere and Navigation
    List Price: 48,660 (with Destination)
    Negotiated Price: 46,100.00
    Loyalty and Cash: -2,350
    Net Price: $43,750.00

US Bank 39 Month Lease with 51% Residual and 1.77 Rate 15K per year. 1st Payment Waived. $900 out of pocket for 602.00 per month.
  • xogradyxogrady Member Posts: 19
    flynntster, what state are you in and what is your tax rate?
  • largebreadlargebread Member Posts: 15
    No Sunroof, No Navigation, No DVD. MSRP is $40,960.

Quoted @ $527 for 12,000 mi / 39 months lease. Zero down. Taxes (MN = 7.375%) included in payment. Also DMV due at signing.

Thoughts?
  • logielogie Member Posts: 9
    Was just quoted $661 per month, including tax, with 3K down at signing. This is a 36 month lease with 20K miles. Is this a good deal?
  • plus11plus11 Member Posts: 6
    Is it possible to get a 24 month 10,500 mile lease on an SLT2 FWD. New York. If so what is the money factor and the residual. Are there any incentives? Is that GM credit card point deal worth anything or is that not useable with any other rebates, incentives. Thanks, you guys do a great job.
    You're very welcome, rm65. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new Acadia.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.