Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    jseinfeldjseinfeld Member Posts: 18
    That's not a great deal. I got an SLE for $1000 down and $450/month.
  • Options
    denali_hunterdenali_hunter Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    Hello everyone,

I am interested in leasing an Acadia FWD Denali with Nav and Rear entertainment. I am trying to bring the payment around $400+tax or with tax by putting 5k+ down. Tax rate where I live in CA is 9.25%. I also have GM supplier price. Both quoted me GM Supplier price $45647. Here are the following details given

Dealer 1:
    - MSRP $47560
    - Supplier Price $45647
    - Total Inception ($5000 includes 1st payment (480) + Fees&insurance (677)+Upfront taxes (414))
    - Monthly payment = 439 (includes 1K Ally rebate on lease) + tax = $480
    - Miles 10K/year
    - Excess miles 0.25
    - Residual $27,706
    To bring $400 payment including tax (9.25%). I need to put $8K down

Dealer 2:

- MSRP $47560
    - Supplier Price $45647
    - Total Inception ($5000 out of pocket)
    - Monthly payment = 445 (includes 1K Ally rebate on lease) + tax = $487
    - Miles 10K/year
    - Apr 0.3
    - Residual $25200
    To bring $436 payment including tax (9.25%). I need to put $6900 down

I think second one is a better deal than the first one but is the first one a good deal and do i have any room for negotiations?

I plan to purchase the residual value at the end of the lease but don't want to finance right now just in case i don't want to keep. How much difference should usally be to get 12K miles instead?

thank you for your help in advance.
  • Options
    dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    What city are you located in? Is there any other money down other than first month payment? This sounds rally low.
  • Options
    mikeyboimikeyboi Member Posts: 1
    Hey car man can you help me. Im looking to lease an Acadia denial fwd with dual dvd in the headrest. Im in nyc but don't mind traveling to jersey or long island for a good deal. For a 36 moth lease at 10k miles with no money down what is the lowest monthly pavement I should negotiate to? Bumped into a guy with the same and he said he pays 500 a month no money down first month and little fees, only due at signing. Is that possibel? My credit is decent at 680,,been following this forum but not quite sure about some of terms im seeing. Just looking for a rough estimating guide of what I should be negotiating towards, any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi washhomeowner. It would be easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were to provide us with this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is room left to negotiate.

Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi mikeyboi. Let me know what the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you are interested in are and I'll be happy to use GM's actual lease program to work up a sample payment on it for you. You can find the pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mrloofermrloofer Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I'm in FL (6% sales tax) looking at the Acadia Denali model but getting a bit of a run around with the dealers down here. Getting prices way in the 700s for 39mo lease, 12K, zero down. MSRP on the one I looked at was $44,225K. Thing is dealers down here don't even want to negotiate it seems and let you easily walk out the door. Is it like that everywhere these days? 3 years ago I leased at fully loaded LT2 Tahoe for 600/mo so was hoping to pay roughly the same, or even less.

Can anyone tell me what I should be paying for these terms?

Cheers.
  • Options
    sputnik3sputnik3 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I need your help. Pls let me know if this is a good lease deal on a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali:

MSRP: $49,560
    39 Month Lease / 12,000 Miles
    $3,000 Down
    $550/Month including CT Taxes (6%)

Thanks,

sputnik
  • Options
    Hi sputnik3. The easiest way to evaluate this deal would be to look at this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    Hey Carman, What are the latest lease numbers for the acadia for a 39 mo lease? I live in FL. Thanks,
    Todd
  • Options
    valuehunter3valuehunter3 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Hi - thanks ahead of time for input and suggestions. I'm looking to lease a Acadia Denali this weekend after diligence and preliminary discussion on terms. Below are the terms i'm getting, is this a good deal.

Acadia Specs: AWD, Navigation system and rear seat entertainment
    Lease = 39 months, 15,000 per year
    No money down, $850 at time of signing for 1st pmt and admin fees

Lease (some of the major) terms:
    Residual Value = 52%
    Money Factor = .00015
    Monthly PMT = $565
  • Options
    Hey Todd. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that is available on 39 month leases of it through Ally into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    bangorbangor Member Posts: 14
    Hope someone can help.

The lease on my current Is about to expire, I really like the Acadia. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'm thinKing of waiting for the 2012 models to come out and try to lease a 2011 model to save money. My questions are is this possible/does it make sense? And also when are 2012 models due to hit showrooms?

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    It definitely makes sense to wait until the 2012 models arrive to try to purchase or lease a leftover 2011 model, bangor. The problem is that you can't wait too long if you want to lease. The reason is that vehicles' residual values, which are used to calculate the depreciation portion of lease payments, gradually fall as the model year progresses. This means that all things being equal, such as the selling price and incentives, a vehicle will actually become more expensive to lease at the end of the model year than it will be at the beginning. Manufacturers usually counteract this by increasing their lease support on vehicles as the model year goes on, but... it usually eventually gets to the point where it is too expensive to provide competitive lease payments on vehicles and manufacturers then pull the plug on their lease programs. It's difficult to say exactly when this will happen with '11 GM models like the Acadia, but it eventually will. I'd say that you have a number of months before that occurs though.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    bradcambradcam Member Posts: 1
    I am getting ready to turn in a lease on a 2008 acadia SLT and I am interested in the 2011 acadia Denali. Can you tell me what the rate and residuals are for a 2011 acadia denali AWD, 15K miles for 36 and 39 months?

Thanks
  • Options
    cuse1989cuse1989 Member Posts: 1
    I am at the end of a 39 month lease on a 2008 Acadia SLT. The buyout is $23,700 including Florida sales tax. I don't know how to decide whether to turn it in or buy it. The car has 46,000 miles and has had no problems. Can I negotiate with the GM dealer to lower the buyout price?

Also, Ally rep told me that I have to negotiate with a GM dealer over the buyout price because in Florida buyers can't buy directly from Ally. What if I trade it in at another company (like Ford or Honda) ?

Any knowledgeable help would be appreciated!
    Thanks
  • Options
    Hi bradcam. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.3% and 48%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    carfreak1229carfreak1229 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2011
    Hi Carman! I would like to know the residual value and money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 FWD. Please (if you can) also search for the average price payed on a SLT-1 with no options. Also, would it be cheaper to get a 36 month lease instead of 39? Thanks! :D
  • Options
    bangorbangor Member Posts: 14
    Carman, wondering how this deal is, I'm in PA

Denali AWD with Nav and DVD

MSRP 49525

Gross cap cost 47703
    2500 down, 1700 in incentives

$522 monthly payment (includes taxes)
  • Options
    sthcrsthcr Member Posts: 2
    If you are buying it for better gas mileage than a full size SUV. We bought a 2011 Acadia Denali AWD, around town best we have seen is 14.5 and on the highway 17. Dealer says it's getting 24.2 on the highway after a 100 mile road test but when we got the car back the on board computer displayed 17. Think they are lying????? you know they are so they don't have to take it back.
    we have almost 7,000 miles on the car and they keep saying wait it will get better. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!! We wish we could get back our 2009 Yukon Denali at that we traded in wanting a car with better fuel mileage man are we sorry at least the Yukon had some get up and go 400HP.
  • Options
    kennypiperkennypiper Member Posts: 2
    hey bangor - can you post more specific info on this deal? also name of dealer

thanks
    kennyp
  • Options
    Hi carfreak1229. Through July 5th (today) Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.3% and 47%.

You can look up the pricing for this truck over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

General Motors was providing a $500 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this truck through Ally. It had an additional $950 on top of that for the 4th of July weekend.

As I mentioned, this program is only scheduled to run through July 5th. GM is scheduled to introduce new programs some time tomorrow. Please feel free to check back with me later this week for an update if you're interested.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi bangor. The cap cost that you were quoted appears to be $800 to $900 over dealer invoice. If the dealer is subtracting all of the available cash incentives from that then this is a decent deal. If not, then there's probably some room to work with.

Also, General Motors is scheduled to introduce its new July incentives some time tomorrow, so its programs on this truck might be a little different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    dstudboydstudboy Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    What is the current lease rate and residual value for the vehicle listed above? The dealer quoted me with 1.5 APR and 44% residual. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi dstudboy. General Motors' lease program for the Acadia varies by bank. For some difficult to explain reason, GM currently runs lease specials through three different banks, Ally, US Bank, and GM Financial. That lease rate doesn't look like any of the rates that I have seen for the Acadia recently.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 47%.

GM is currently providing a $1,825 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thank you! Does it matter that the truck is FWD?
  • Options
    And is the .3% the APR or the money factor? Thanks again for your help
  • Options
    thechairman1thechairman1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi carman.

Looking for current residual value and lease rate/money factor on a 2011 Acadia Denali lease. AWD, 12,000 miles per year, 36months. Also, what are current incentives?

Thanks.
  • Options
    jmonty1971jmonty1971 Member Posts: 3
    Was just quoted this deal on a 2011 GMC Denali SLT-1 with DVD:

MSRP $44,000
    $619 upfront (including first month's payment)
    $533/month.

Wondering if this is a good deal. I'm in NY state.
  • Options
    You're very welcome dstudboy. The lease rate would be exactly the same for the FWD model, but its residual value would be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Dstudboy, 0.3% is the interest rate. Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi thechairman1. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Denali AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,825 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    seekingwisdomseekingwisdom Member Posts: 1
    What is the current money factor and residual for a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 FWD at 36 months? Does the money factor and residual change much going from 36 months to 39?

Any current GM incentives?

As the 2012 models become more available in the coming weeks, have you seen in your experience more deals and incentives for the 2011 towards the end of August?

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hi seekingwisdom. The banks that General Motors uses as its captive finance companies actually use lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. Lease rates can be converted into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 46%, respectively.

The lease rate for a 39-month lease would be exactly the same, but the residual value would be 2% lower.

GM is currently providing a $1,825 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this truck through Ally.

General Motors just recently made some revisions to its programs for August, but it didn't change anything about Acadia. While anything is possible, I personally don't expect any changes to the programs for the Acadia prior to September 7th.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mbe350nissan09mbe350nissan09 Member Posts: 13
    Car_man, I am looking to get pricing on 2011 Acadia Denali I get supplier pricing, plus GM sent me a $1500.00 exclusive certificate are you saying that you also get $1825.00 lease cash plus the current $2000.00 rebate on a 39 month 12,000/year? I have pricing on a 2011 Enclave CXL2 and they are offering me $2800.00 lease rebate, plus my additional $1500.00 rebate from GM with a 42% res for 39 months. Was not sure if the program was the same on Acadia, as it is on Buick. Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    Hi mbe350nissan09. You should be able to combine the certificate with the $1,825 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck, but you cannot add the $2,000 consumer cash to that. The consumer cash is for cash purchases only. It cannot be combined with GM's special financing or lease offers. This lease cash is for deals through Ally. GM's allowances are different for deals through US Bank or GM Financial.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    jdiesel77jdiesel77 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2007
    hey what are the current lease rates for acadia denali 12k miles a year? looking for residual and lease rate/money factor. thanks
  • Options
    Jdiesel77, Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,825 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    jcatan33jcatan33 Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide the most current lease rates and residual values for both the 2012 Acadia SLT1 and Denali, 2011 Acadia SLT1 and Denali. 15,00 miles per year, 36 and 39 months?

Thanks
  • Options
    jtep24jtep24 Member Posts: 4
    Struggling to find info on lease for this car and want some help. Visited a dealer in the Los Angeles area and have been quoted 479/month no NAV and 499/month with NAV. Walkoff price is 1100 or so. MSRP around 41.9K for the Nav and 40.3K for the no NAV.

Looking for the following:

Money Factor/Lease rate with ALLY and US Bank
    Residual Value after 36 months/39 months
    Customer Incentives on leases for 10,000 miles with credit score above 800.

What should I be looking to spend/month with very minimum down (1100 walkoff is way too much)? I can't seem to find any information on the above.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    2012 Acadia SLT1 or SLT2 residual amounts through ALLY for 12k miles per year is 53% for 36 months, and 51% for 39 months.

ALLY's top tier lease rate is 1.05% for this vehicle, along with a $1,100 lease incentive rebate as well.

Offer to put down no money or first month's payment only. There is a $795 Acquisition Fee that is required to be factored in with any ALLY lease.
  • Options
    lmath74lmath74 Member Posts: 2
    Could someone confirm the above residuals? I was at a dealer last night and was given the following residuals on a 2012 Denali 12k/year:

39 month - 49%
    36 month - 51%

I was told the residuals on the SLT 1 & 2 were even lower.

Thanks!
  • Options
    The residuals that I gave are correct. I know this because I just leased a 2012 SLT1 for 39 months, 15k miles per year. I got residual values from 5 different dealerships, and only one tried to lie and say they were lower.
  • Options
    lmath74lmath74 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your quick reply. I guess I need to try another dealer.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to help you out, jcatan33. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 GMC Acadia SLT1 with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.05% and 48%.

The lease rates for the 2012 Acadia Denali AWD are the same, gut its residual values are 1% lower.

I don't believe that General Motors is providing lease support on the 2011 Acadia any longer.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,100 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    kevman1980kevman1980 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2012 SLT-1 AWD with 12k per year for 39 months. I understand the rate and residual but I am confused on how the buyout price is calculated. Can someone please point me in the correct direction. We are trying to determine the best course of action.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited October 2011
    You need to examine the purchase option clause in the lease agreement. Not all fund providers compute the buyout in the same way. I believe that Ally/GMAC still charges a $2,500 purchase option fee. This is added to the lease balance. Your lease balance is the same as the residual value IF you purchase at the end of your normal lease term. Your total buyout is the sum of the outstanding lease balance plus any applicable purchase option fee plus applicable taxes (most states levy sales tax on the lease balance plus purchase option fee).

Be advised that you can negotiate your buyout. Some fund providers are more willing to negotiate than others. If you really intend to purchase your vehicle at lease end, I highly recommend that you steer clear of GMAC/Ally due to their steep $2,500 purchase option fee unless, of course, they've eliminated that fee.

Hope this helps.

Best,

John
    TheAutoLeaseGeek
  • Options
    difdif Member Posts: 2
    I was given the following offer for the 2012 Acadia SLT1:

$568 down, $568 per month for 39 months, 12k per year for the SLT1 with sunroof and leather interior and nothing else. This sounds expensive to me but is the best deal that I have gotten so far in NJ. What do you think? If I plug in the 51% residual value, 1.05% lease rate, and ~$41,000 purchase price into the leasing calculator, I get a much lower lease rate but I would be leaving out the acquisition fees, etc. Am I doing something wrong? What do you think of this offer?

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    tmarinotmarino Member Posts: 3
    Hello All,

Anyone know the October 2011 residual and lease rates for the 2012 GMC Acadia Denali AWD? Any incentives or rebates? Any other good info or tips before I start negotiations? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hello tmarino. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMA Acadia Denali AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 50%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,100 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the '12 GMC Acadia through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.