Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• rkarkramprkarkramp Member Posts: 25
    ggmorgan...should have mentioned that originally they were at $519 a month plus first months payment and they would pay the last three payments of my lease but not take the car as a trade. It really did not take much to get where I wanted to be. Told them I wanted $460 with only first months payment and they took my car and pandit off. They came back with $499. I said no, walked out and with two minutes they called me back and made the deal. Picked up the car the next day and they were true to their word! If you were interested in the Denali, they had quite a few but only white diamond or black and all had tan interior. Good luck and let us know how you make out!
  • ggmorganggmorgan Member Posts: 7
    Will do. Thank you so much for the info - always nice to not have to go in unarmed.
  • noff72noff72 Member Posts: 3
    How do you look up the residual rates and money factor for each month?
    Can anybody tell me what the GMC Acadia lease rates are for September 2012? Are there any capital reduction credits?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings noff72. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles per year are 1.2% and 54%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Car_man,

Thanks for the reply.

Are these rates published anywhere that I can take and show the dealer?

I was quoted 2.2% lease rate and 54% residual @ 12K miles a year (not 15K) on a 36 month lease. This was with the $3K cash incentive.

If the "base lease rate" is at a certain level, does this mean anything above that is being marked up by the dealer in an effort to achieve a profit? Should I expect to pay above the base lease rate?
  • ggmorganggmorgan Member Posts: 7
    Quick follow-up:

Wallingford actually came in as one of the higher offers I received. Said they came recommended and let them know that if they could meet or beat another offer I received, I'd give them the business. They hemmed and hawed for a bit and came back and said that's the lowest they could go, so I walked. Vail GMC in Bedford actually had the best deal, taking in my old lease and offering me $529/month with $2K out of pocket for the Denali. I'm considering this but I really wanted to get under $500 for the car. May just wait until the end of the lease at this point.
  • rkarkramprkarkramp Member Posts: 25
    That's too bad. I would suggest calling them right at the end of the month to see if they want to entertain your deal. I went in August 31 and like I said before they came down from $519 with first month's payment and paying the last three months of my lease to $462 with first months payment and them taking and paying off my car. Were they that far off from where you wanted to be? The other dealer I went to was Mario Daddario in Shelton, staff was very nice. I called them when I got the deal from Wallingford because they had the exact color I wanted. They were then willing to meet it but Wallingford said they would get the color I wanted so I just stayed with them. Keep trying....it's a great car.
  • jungle1074jungle1074 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    Thanks to those that posted before - learned quite a bit. Here is what I was able to get this week - seems like a pretty decent deal:

12K miles
    24 month lease
    MSRP: 37,010
    Init Cap Cost: 35,500
    Rebates: 3700
    Adj Cap Cost: 32,295
    Residual: 23,747 (64%)
    APR: 1.0%
    $0 down (total due at signing of $850 for 1st month, tax on incentives, plates, doc fee)
    Monthly Lease Rate: $380 + tax
    You're welcome noff72. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any resource that provides accurate, detailed information on manufacturers' captive lease programs to the general public.

If the dealer quoted you anything over 1.2% then there definitely is a chance that they are trying to mark your truck's lease rate up. I personally would never pay above the base rate to lease a GM product.

Car_man
    Host
  • jreith01jreith01 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know what the GMC Acadia lease rates are for October 2012? Are there any capital cost incentives other than the posted $2,000 on the GMC site? Any info would be a huge help as I'm trying to evaluate the posted 2012 Acadia lease special on the public GMC site:

2012 GMC Acadia 2WD w/SL

Low-Mileage Lease for Qualified Lessees
    $299/month 39 month lease.

$1,319 due at signing (after all offers). Includes security deposit.
    Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
    Mileage charge of $0.20 /mile over 39,000 miles.

Example based on survey. Each dealer sets own price. Your payments may vary. Payments are for a 2012 GMC Acadia 2WD w/SL with an MSRP of $33,660. 39 monthly payments total $11,661. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. plus $350 or turn in vehicle and pay $395 termination fee. Lessor must approve lease. Take delivery by 10-31-2012. Mileage charge of $0.20/mile over 39,000 miles. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair and excess wear. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers. Residency restrictions apply.
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Not 100% sure on the 2012 GMC Acadia, but I know for a fact these are the lease terms for a 24 month lease on a Buick Enclave FWD:

24 months and 12,000 miles/yr = 66% residual
    24 months and 10,000 miles/yr = 67% residual
    36 months and 12,000 miles/yr = 54% residual
    36 months and 10,000 miles/yr = 55% residual

Money Factor (int rate) = 1% or 0.00042 **24 month lease ONLY**

$2,000 lease cash from GM
    and
    $2,000 lease conquest cash (for any non-GM owner of a lease)
    ------------------------------------------
    $4,000 in lease cash available before discount off MSRP

I leased a $38,200 Buick Enclave for 24 months (10,000 miles/yr) for:
    $841 due at drive off
    $333/mo plus tax

AND you get: 24 months of FREE OnStar, XM Radio and Maintenance
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Hi jungle1074-

Take a look at my 2012 Buick Enclave lease I posted in the Buick Enclave forum.

You might want to work out a deal on that vs Acadia.

We drove the Traverse, Acadia and Enclave and felt the Enclave was nicer than the other 2. Just our opinion.
    Hi jreith01. The $2,000 cash incentive that you saw mentioned on GMC's website is actually not available on leases. The good news is that there is a different $3,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck through Ally.

Ally's October base lease rate for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Acadia is 1.2%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cary32cary32 Member Posts: 3
    Can I expect those same rates (54% residual, 1.2% lease rate) if I also get the GM family discount? I am negotiating a lease on a 2012 Acadia SLE AWD in Grand Rapids, MI and the discounts are good, but the lease rate seems too high. The dealer hasn't given me the exact lease rate yet, but from what I can calculate using the lease calculator on this site, it is about 4%.

Thank you!
    Yes, cary32, the lease program us exactly the same for consumers who qualify for the GM Family discount and those who don't...just the pricing varies.

A lease rate of 4% is way too high. Go with the ones that you have seen mentioned here. The dealer should give it to you.

Car_man
    Host
  • brz66brz66 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    Just worked out a Lease on a 2013 Denali on Long Island NY with no money down, only first payment due at signing. Sticker is $51,700. $539 per month and had them throw in the roof cross rails. $4750 in rebates. Was this a good deal?
  • myfriendmisesmyfriendmises Member Posts: 2
    brz66. Do you mind mentioning what dealer you used? I am long island as well and am looking at the Acadia.

Thanks.
  • brz66brz66 Member Posts: 8
    I used Sun in Wantagh but I was quoted numbers in the same ballpark at other dealers like King O'Rourke.
  • myfriendmisesmyfriendmises Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!
  • jimmynanjimmynan Member Posts: 1
    Can anybody tell me what the GMC Acadia (incl Denali) lease rates are for December 2012? Are there any capital reduction credits?
  • 62vette62vette Member Posts: 19
    I am in the same boat curious what lease rates are now. My local dealer told me they cant lease the 2012's any more.
    Hi jimmynan. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles per year are 1.2% and 56%.

General Motors is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck in December.

Car_man
    Host
  • ds_atlds_atl Member Posts: 1
    Any idea what the January lease rates and residuals are for a 36 month lease on a '13 Acadia SLT-1?

Any GM or Ally incentive cash?
    Hi ds_atl. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia SLT1 with 15,000 miles per year are 1.85% and 56%.

General Motors is providing a $2,000 cash incentive on 3-year leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevied32stevied32 Member Posts: 9
    Car man-

The dealer was pushing a 39 month lease, 10,000 miles for a 2013 Denali. Can you please let me know the incentives, residual and money factor?
  • slapshot54slapshot54 Member Posts: 1
    CarMan do you have the numbers for February.

Looking at a 2013 Acadia SLT-1, 12,000 miles, 39 months.

Thanks in advance.
    edited February 2013
    I see the advertised lease is 299/month and 1999 down plus lic. Is this good or should I be able to do better. This is for the SLE-1 which would be a fine car for me.

I have a 2003 Silverado and 2 old chevys if there is any incentive for that.
    Sure slapshot54. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia SLT-1 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.85% and 56%.

There is a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Should we expect anything better as a special for Presidents Day weekend?
    Good question 62vette. Nothing would surprise me, but I haven't heard anything specific about President's Day specials from GM yet. I'll ask around and see if anyone knows anything. It definitely wouldn't hurt to wait to see if they do anything. It's not like you're risking missing out on an offer in the middle of the month.

Car_man
    Host
  • laurie9973laurie9973 Member Posts: 7
    We are looking at leasing the SLE-1 Acadia.. Please tell me if this is decent or if we can do better. The only additional option is the Black Metallic Paint.

MSRP: $35,440
    Cap Cost: $33,950 - $2000 rebate = $31,950
    Residual: 58% ($20,555.20)
    Term 39 months
    APR = 1.85%
    down payment = $0 (amount due at start is $992.07)
    Payment = $377.64

Total

Currently the deal is $1999 down and $299 per month + Tax. We chose to put $0 down so the payment is higher but I don't like putting much money down on a lease. It does feel like the Out of Pocket is high even though it includes the first months payment.

Can you tell me if this deal looks good or should we be able to get a better deal?
  • trickykilltrickykill Member Posts: 4
    laurie9973, This could never be a good deal. GMC only provide a 36 month/36K new car warranty. So you would be responsible for any failures no longer under warranty for the last 3 months of this lease. Have your dealer reduce the lease term to 36 months or lease a car from a manufacturer that covers the entire lease term. Hope this helps.
  • laurie9973laurie9973 Member Posts: 7
    Wouldn't it make the payments higher?
  • trickykilltrickykill Member Posts: 4
    laurie9973, Car man should know if a 36 month lease has the same money factor as a 39. Regardless, it is just bad when a major manufacturer burdens a lessee with potential repair costs on a car that is not their asset. Its a pity because the offers on these cars make for a really shrewd lease at this time. My 2 cents. Good luck!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Something you have to live with... if you lease with 15K/yr, you are 9000 miles out of warranty.... the last 7.5 months of a 36 month lease..

I've put up to 54K on a leased car, and have yet to have an out of warranty repair.... some luck involved, I'm sure, but the miles between 36K and 50K are the easy ones....

Now, if you go look at the Acadia repair forums, that might scare you off...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I've leased a number of vehicles for 39 months, some with protection and some without and I've never had a problem. Perhaps it's because if the vehicle was a real dud the major problems would have happened in the beginning while it was still under warranty, but 39,000 to 48,750 (depending upon whether you do 12K or 15K for the allowance) is not really enough for the vehicle to begin falling apart. You're right, theoretically it is possible for a vehicle to have a problem in that coverage gap that one would have to pay to repair out of their own pocket...I just don't see it happen very often.

I'm a gambler, I'll go the extra three months sans coverage for another $20 per month off on the payment ;).

Car_man
    Host
    HA. I replied before I read your reply, kyfdx...and we said almost the exact same thing. Great minds think alike :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • dkm7498dkm7498 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car man, what do you think of this deal?

2013 SLT Acadia

MSRP $43,070
    Sale price $41,770
    Aquisition lease fee $595
    Factory rebate $2000
    Down payment $1500
    Net cap $38,865

39 month lease 12K per year total payment including 9% tax is $465

Total due at signing $2174 ($1500 down payment, 1st payment $465, Doc fees, title, ect $209)

Is this a fair deal?
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    Car man never advocates a cash down payment on a lease. Your monthly payment would go up to about $509/mo. Edmunds.com True Market Value says you should be able to get $2,117 off MSRP on this vehicle and this dealer is only offering $1,300 off. If you can get this additional discount you should be able to get the payment down to $485/mo with no down payment. (Just first month's and title).

If you are interested in a vehicle like the Ford Explorer they have much better offers this month.
  • choerigchoerig Member Posts: 2
    Hello, was wondering if anyone could answer some questions on a lease for 2013 Acadia. Right now my current quote from my local dealer in San Antonio, Texas is
    3,000 (ttl) upfront
    525 security deposit
    1st months payment due
    Then a monthly payment of $462
    This seems like a lot upfront to my husband

Also another question, we leased a trailblazer in 2006 and turned in 2009. Our new lease was declined til we submit a balance that was owed from that lease to gmac of $1000.00. They said once its pd they will approve new lease. Is that a tactic to get the balance due or would that really happen?
    I leased a 2013 2 weeks ago, total down was 2500, monthly payment 343, 12k miles a year. If you are looking at the base model that seems way to high. Really depends on the option you are including.
    Hi dkm7498. The selling price that you were quoted isn't bad...probably less than $1,000 over invoice. It's great that the dealer is subtracting the cash incentives from that, though GM just introduced another $500 to $1,000 op top of the two grand that you mentioned in March (it varies by region).

As peperboy helpfully mentioned, I definitely always advise consumers against making capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles. You'd be better off doing with a zero down lease, just making the first payment at signing and rolling all of the fees into the cap cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • danyc1danyc1 Member Posts: 11
    Car man,

We're going to be in the market for an SLT Acadia over the next 3 months in the NY/CT region, but really don't need it until early July. Is near the end of the month in June, right around 4th of July, going to be the likely best time to get a good lease deal (looking for 36/39 month lease).

Assuming we want the AWD Acadia SLT with NAV system but without sunroof (if we can de-couple), what would be an expectation of monthly lease cost, assuming 730+ credit.

Thanks.
  • shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    I just picked up my 2013 denali with nav 49675.00 msrp. 3yr/36month lease with usbank
    paying 484 a month. Paid 1st and plates total was 655.00
    5000 in rebates 2000 GM rebate 2000 conquest then 2) 500.00 bonus cash rebates

MSRP: $49.675
    Cap Cost: $48111 - $5000 rebate = $43,111
    Residual: 58% ($20,555.20)
    Term 36 months
    MF .00040
    down payment = $0 (amount due at start is $655.00)
    Payment = $484
    Also traded in month car had 7 payment left. They bought out car and gave me check for 1000.00
    Was quoted about the same price from 2 other dealers and was about same on trade in. This dealer was only one that had denali with no chrome wheels or upcharge for paint color.
    Very happy with my deal. Based on edmunds true car I think I did well.
    Lmk
  • acechipaceacechipace Member Posts: 1
    HI - I'm new here and wanted to run a lease deal past the group.

2013 GMC SLT 2 - Tow package, Nav, sun roof

3,000 credit
    Trading a 2003 BMW Xit 120K - 4,000
    1,500 Cash at delivery

39 month lease - 462/ mo

Would prefer lease payment to be 399 per month. Any suggestions on how to negotiate the price, trade and credit to bring only $1,500 and get my payment to $399?

Thanks
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    You didn't mention the selling price. You need to negotiate with multiple dealers. Also make sure they are using the buy rate for the money factor.
  • fortune13fortune13 Member Posts: 4
    GM is offering meaningful incentives it seems -- my out the door lease on a 10k / y, 36 mo lease was a little over 500+tax ($0 drive off) -- and the denali was loaded w rear DVD screen , premium paint and chrome wheels.

would suggest emailing a few dealers first and comparison shopping. in my experience, in this day and age, if a dealer or internet sales rep is unwilling to give any starting quote on email, they are not worth visiting. But i guess this may work better in a highly competitive and saturated market like southern california than say markets where there are only a few dealers in the state.
    Hi danyc1. It's difficult to say what General Motors incentives will be like several months down the road. I suspect that the end of June will be a good time to get a new vehicle, but you never know.

If you provide me with the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact Acadia that you're interested in, along with how long you want to lease it for and what mileage allowance you need I can work up a payment for you. You can find this data in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • danyc1danyc1 Member Posts: 11
    We are looking at the SLT1 with AWD and the base navigation package ($795) and all 3 rows of all weather floor mats ($225). Invoice price is $41,484 and MSRP is $43,695. We are looking for a 3 year (or 39 mo) lease with a 12k per yr limit. I understand that guessing the incentives is the great unknown, but a ballpark pricing would be much appreciated. Also, would you recommend dealing with the Internet sales team or going in and negotiating the traditional way.

Thanks so much.
This discussion has been closed.