Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I'm no expert, but anything that says something to the effect of "dealer sets final price" tells me it's an opportunity for the dealer to rip me off.

Car manufacturers have gotten a lot better about being transparent in their incentives offered, but they still intentionally hide critical information from consumers. That's why these forums are so important...
  • mjr15197mjr15197 Member Posts: 13
    Here's what the dealer is proposing to us...it's for an Acadia SLE with an MSRP $32,505. $4250 down but with our trade in ('04 Malibu) and $600 in GM Card earnings our total out of pocket would end up being about $3600 and payments would be $413/month for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year. This includes the "conquest cash." What do you think? Is that a good deal?
  • sand529sand529 Member Posts: 45
    What is the capitalized cost, residual value, & money factor on the lease. Seems like alot of $ down for that payment though.
  • darkpeacedarkpeace Member Posts: 1
    I was considering the Acadia, however with nearly identical options the Saturn Outlook seems to have better lease options. After being quoted a $619 montly pmt on a $38,500 49 mths, 1100 down on a saturn outlook i gave up.

Then i saw a tv ad the very next morning. 39 Month lease $414.00, $1,999 "down as shown" for (XR (similar to SLT-1)) fine print, does not include tax, title, fees and options.

i went to another dealer after hearing this.

$36500 msrp, $1999 + 989 = 3k down @ 39 months = $475.00 a month (it was $500, but he came down $15 a month or $1000 off msrp).

I would like a GMC vs. Saturn, however the Saturn outlook seems like a great deal.

Oh yeah, the break down as i saw it on the print out was : 6% APR, 61% residual.

I'm just waiting for my color and options and i'm locked in with the saturn.
    We didn't have any of that info. The guy just wrote down some bs numbers on a sheet of paper-- which I took a picture of with my cellphone when the salesman did the "I've got to go talk to my manager" routine. We weren't really planning on doing anything that day, just wanted to look at the car. I never leased a car before (I'm a buy-it-and-drive-it-in-to-the-ground guy) so I wasn't prepared.

Once I got home I did my research and I've come to the conclusion we were getting ripped off. I made some educated guesses as to the residual value and the money factor and figured at best they were selling the car at MSRP. We're just going to wait for now.
  • galvanggalvang Member Posts: 156
    mjr15197, that lease may smell. Whats confusing is your trade. Is it paid off?? did you owe money? Blue book value versus what the dealer gave you?? Its a bit convoluted.

I know that the Saturn Outlook has some pretty good leasing deals going on right now. Nice SUV to take a look at.
  • jericho88jericho88 Member Posts: 8
    Hey Car_Man,
    i was hoping i could get some info on a proposed Acadia lease. here are the details:
    i am in MA - 39 mo lease at 15K / yr.
    MSRP 44315
    sales Price 42995 - still being negotiated
    rate 7.2 or MF .003
    residual 59%
    total cash out of pocket 4000. this includes GM Card, conquest cash etc. and covers doc fee, first payment, aquistion fees etc, etc...
    i am told the taxes are 3133.81. Are the taxes baased on MSRP or the residual? right now they are on the MSRP.
    And is the residual based on the sale price or MSRP? i always thought it was the sale price...

we are looking at a payment of 675 right now but our calculations indiacte a payment of 614.

please help. we are very close to doing this.... :)
  • galvanggalvang Member Posts: 156
    You are being taken. That dealer who is offering that lease should be taken into custody. This is what a lease should like.

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/FindOfferController.dyn

Check this out and compare. The bottom line you shouln't be leasing a car unless you fully understand it. Some of these dealers are so damn slimey I just cringe at seeing them rip off people.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Hum.. I went to that link and found the current lease offers. Quite a bit lower monthly pricing...but what is your point? The examples listed there are for base models with MSRP of $29K or $31K or so...jericho88 was looking at a vehicle with MSRP of $44K and 15K miles a year...these listed are 12K per year. It is difficult to compare these to what he is being offered. You do make a great point about not leasing unless you fully understand the detail.
  • maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    Anyone know the residual on an SLE-1 (36mos/15K yr)?
    It did smell. The trade-in is not paid off but we're not upside down. They offered us $1000 more than what we owe. According to Edmunds, what they offered us was fair so at least that part of the deal was ok.

I noticed the Outlook lease specials. Nice car. We really have no preference vs the Acadia. It will most likely come down to whatever one gets us a better deal. We're in no rush so were just going to keep our eyes open. At this point we may wait for the 2008s...
  • pinkey2pinkey2 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my Acadia In January 07. I got the SLT fully loaded except for the navagation system. The price was 42,000 but we got them down to 38,600. I put my trade in as my down payment which was 7,325. The finance charge was 5.9% for 39 months. 12,000 milage yearly. My monthly payments are 459.26. Did I get hosed??!!! Everybody I speak to thinks I got robbed! Please let me know. It botheres me every day. Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks for the additional information, fulano82. A base 2007 GMC Acadia SLE 2WD has a spread of slightly over $2,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $1,629 on the specific truck that you are interested in. If this price is before the deduction for the $1,000 conquest cash that you are eligible for then this is a good deal. In fact, if you haven't leased yet you're in luck because General Motors just introduced an additional $500 bonus cash on the '07 Acadia in May. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your lease on this truck. Also make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's base lease rate of 7.2% to calculate your truck's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, cms830. The fact that you are not in a hurry to get a new vehicle certainly works to your advantage. You won't be rushed into taking a deal that is not attractive. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jericho88. While the lease rate that you were quoted to lease the Acadia that you are interested in is not very good, 7.2%, it is correct. General Motors is just not providing a lot of lease rate support on this truck right now. The closer to dealer invoice before the deduction of any cash incentives you can get, the better. Once you have negotiated a price that you are comfortable with on this truck, make sure that the dealer subtracts the $1,000 conquest cash and NEW $500 bonus cash that was introduced for the month of May.

Vehicles' residual values are always based upon a percentage of vehicles full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. The last time that I looked onto how Massachusetts charges sales tax on leased vehicles, it charged tax on vehicles' entire lease payments on a monthly basis. For example, if your truck's lease payment is $316 and you had to pay 5% sales tax on it , it would increase the total payment up to $331.80. I believe that MA charges another personal property tax on the total value of your vehicle. Try stopping by the following discussions for additional information on how sales tax is calculates on leases in your state: Mass Department of Revenue or Mass Registry of Motor Vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings maradag. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Acadia SLE with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi pinkey2. I personally would not have made such a large down payment on a lease. Consumers how make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You probably would have been better off having the dealer that you got your Acadia from cut you a check for you trade rather than applying the proceeds from it towards your lease. This is all water under the bridge. Don't let it ruin your enjoyment of your nice new truck. Just chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

I don't know what the lease program was like when you leased your Acadia, but using GM's current program I estimate that an '07 Acadia that has an MSRP of $42,000 and a selling price of $38,600 leased through GMAC for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $516. With a $7,000 capitalized cost reduction this truck's payment would drop to around $316. So your monthly payment does look a little high, but again this is based upon GM's current program, not the January one.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • pinkey2pinkey2 Member Posts: 2
    THANK YOU SO MUCH Car-man!!! That is very kind of you to take time out of your day and help all of us!!!! I knew I kind of got hosed BUT hearing exactly how much makes me feel better in a weird sort of way :(

Thank you for all your trouble and I will take your advice and chalk it up and move on and learn from this!!! Thanks again :):) Pinkey2 :):)
  • biceman22biceman22 Member Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan,

Can you confirm that the conquest cash bonus is still in effect?? I talked with a dealer this morning and the said it wasn't. Can you run some numbers for me as well if it is still in play... negotiated rate to 38.5k, 36 month lease 10k or 12k miles with nothing down but first month, taxes, etc. - minus the conquest cash and 500 rebate. Thanks in advance.
  • donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    When I picked up my Acadia 2 weeks ago the salesman said the Conquest Cash was in effect into July.
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    Car Man: I am new to leasing, and therefore have a lot of questions, and you seem to be the guru. 1) Is there a formula for determining lease payments? If so, could you please post? 2) I am looking at a new Buick Enclave, with GMSUPPLIER PRICING of $36860. With no $ down, on a 36 month lease, with 12K miles per year, in MD, with 5% tax rate, what sort of payment am I looking at? 3) What are the GM residuals on the the Enclaves? One dealer told me 63% on a 36 month lease, and 70% on a 24 month lease. 4) Do you know if we can get the $1000 conquest discount with the supplier pricing? Are there any additional discounts (like the extra $500 on the Acadia's) on the Enclaves? 5) what other fees should I expect to see with a lease? 6) Can you please explain lease factors? 7) If you have the cash, does it make sense to prepay a lease with one lump sum, and not have any payment for 3 years? Will you save any $ on the lease factor? Thanks in advance for all your knowledge and assistance.
  • davezz1davezz1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi carman,

Please let me know the lease factors, residuals, money factors, by mileage and term for a 07 GMC Acadia. Im planning on leasing one with the SLT-2 package and would like to understand the pricing so I can make an informed deal.

Also if possible please let me know the rebates available currently. I believe there is a $500 rebate + $1000 conquest cash. Is this accurate ?

Thanks in advance
    Dave
  • wnydadwnydad Member Posts: 6
    Was told today that the Acadia $1000 Conquest cash (if you don;t currently have a GM vehicle) is good through July. The additional $500 is only for May (for now).

Acadia's seem to be getting into short supply around here (Western New York) and I was told they have stopped building '07s. I have the dealer searching to see if I can find one I can live with.
    You're very welcome, pinkey2.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes, biceman22, the $1,000 conquest cash that General Motors is providing on the 2007 GMC Acadia is scheduled to run through July 9th. I would be happy to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP (both the MSRP and selling price are used in the calculation).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome ody02tjk. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The fact that you are able to purchase the new Enclave that you are interested in through General Motors' supplier purchase program is a great thing. Doing so will provide you with an attractive selling price without having to haggle. I would be happy to estimate what this truck's lease payment would be for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP, in addition to the selling price that you have already mentioned. Both numbers are used to calculate lease payments.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Buick Enclave with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 7.2% and 63%, respectively.

The $1,000 conquest cash that GM is providing on the Enclave is compatible with leases and purchases through its supplier purchase program. GM is not providing any other cash incentives on this truck right now.

On a GMAC lease, at lease signing you will have to pay your truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, GMAC's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

If you have any other questions about leasing this truck, please post them over in the "Buick Enclave: Lease Questions" discussion. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you are looking for, Dave. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either off these variables are, so for now I am going to assume that you're interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

The $1,000 conquest cash that you mentioned is available on this truck through July 9th, but I believe that the $500 bonus cash that was available on it in May expired.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • willhbautowillhbauto Member Posts: 6
    that quote you got is rediculous!! I work for a dealer, heres our current residuals:

24 months 67%
    30 months 63%
    36 months 60%
    48 months 52%

as of June 18th

and the money factor (lease rate) from gmac is 7.20

but the MDX lease sounds like just as much of joke if you ask me, $1995 cap cost reduction is the same as money down and then all the fees and tax down too??? thats $4000- $5000 out of pocket here in AZ, here's quote at $500 over invoice I just did for a customer at 36 months

$33000 purchase price
    $2500 dn at signing, covers security deposit of $575, first payment, upfront charges, and the rest to reduce cap cost
    12K per year
    36 month

$564/month out-the-doorw with gap insurance
  • willhbautowillhbauto Member Posts: 6
    and that doesnt include the conquest cash of $1000 if you qualify it should lower the payment a bit more
  • mscappamscappa Member Posts: 3
    car_man,

looking for residuals and money factors on 36/12 and 36/10 for an '07 acadia slt2. live in northern VA if that helps.

visiting dealer tomorrow, please advise!!:)
  • heatonrxheatonrx Member Posts: 2
    Any idea if the lease rate on a 07 Acadia is going to go down from 7.2? I was told by a friend a a dealership not to lease one until it goes down. I would like to lease ASAP!
  • jtm60jtm60 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Texas..wanted to lease, but I am being steered by the dealers toward the GMAC Smartbuy program, and to the best of my understanding that is due to some tax law items in this state..

Anyway, even though the dealers have been telling me 8.2% is the rate they are using, my lease calc program tells me they are really marking that up to around 9-9.2%. When I pushed the dealer for a better explanation, he halfheartedly tried to explain the money factor to me (his number didnt make sense). He also mentioned they do mark up the % rate if they are selling the vehicle too low. He told me to call GMAC for further explanation..2 people from GMAC told me that GMAC has nothing to do with the % given at the dealer..they only administer the % as agreed to by the dealer and the consumer. So obviously the games are on.

Anyway, the deal I am looking at right now is for a lower level 2007 Acadia, MSRP=31,174. Selling price is $29,800. I would pay $2100 up front in cash (tax, tags, license). 36 months @ 12,000 miles came out to $468 per month. This was using .63 residual.

They told me residual was .60 for 15,000 mi/year for 36 months. Also there was a 39 month option that was .62 residual for 12k/year mileage.

I am going to wait and hit them with my GM card at the dealer (I have $2300 on that)..Based on my calcs, I should be down around $386/month this way.

Need to clarify if I have to pay more $ at signing, such as deposits/fees, etc..
    No matter what the right answer is on the interest rates, you're still leaving money on the table. You can buy the Acadia at invoice without much effort these days. My local dealer offered to order me one at invoice with no garbage add-ons (in May). Deals can only be better now...
  • jtm60jtm60 Member Posts: 2
    I think I did....KBB shows invoice as 29,071. The purchase price I negotiated was 28,900. I assume you are in NY, but in the houston area, the SLE models were pretty scarce..what is left is mostly SLT's that are fully loaded with stickers from 36-40k+. One dealer I spoke to would not move off sticker price, and another discounted only $265 and acted as if he had just done me a favor!

The deal was finalized today, using GM Smartbuy, we wound up trading in a Tahoe-dealer gave us a good trade that met the payoff on the Tahoe ($17,500), which saved us $450 disposal fee, and the trade allowed us to save $1100 in taxes.

Bottom line was $354/month for 39 months. We bit, and I am sure you can slice and dice it from here, but we needed a vehicle..I would have liked to have waited until the end of the month, but so be it.
    Congratulations! That's a nice truck for only $354 a month. My wife is pushing for another SUV (she can't wait to get out of her minivan) and I think the Acadia might be the right one for us. We've had two Tahoes and loved both, but the Acadia really offers more usable space inside. We'll look at the MDX too, but that third row seat is all but unusable. Good luck with your new truck.
  • warringtonwarrington Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a 2007 Acadia loaded. Dallas Texas 75150, Wondering if the offer is a good one. MSRP 41300 Price after rebates 37,122. Monthly payments $665, GMAC %9.2, residual on 39 month lease is 5.9%, no money down, but still owe ttl. Let me know. Thanks WIll
  • natashapnatashap Member Posts: 1
    It sounds pretty good. I put $6000 down on an SLT2 fully loaded and my payment with tax was 502. Does this payment include the tax?? If not, I would negotiate that it include the tax.
  • koko19koko19 Member Posts: 4
    Looking at a fully loaded '07 Acadia SLT2 AWD. It is a dealer demo model with 2,000 miles on it. MSRP $45,700, Purchase price of $42,560, and Residual Value of $27,322. A 39 month lease (w/12,000 miles p.a.) offered at $599 mos. (w/no money down) thru GMAC. Is this a fair lease rate?
  • mscappamscappa Member Posts: 3
    i just got an '07 slt2 awd w/ everything but the dvd player on a 36/10k lease deal for $475 including service/maintenance pack a few weeks back. i put 5k down which includes, first month, security deposit, tax, tags. live in northern va.
  • joeystiffs19joeystiffs19 Member Posts: 43
    Looking to lease a 07 Acadia SLT1 w/ options. MSRP comes to $39964. I live in NYC, want a 36 month/10k miles lease. Willing to put 2-3000 down to cover taxes, title, etc. up front. If it helps, I am currently leasing an 04 Envoy that is up in October. GMAC offered the pullahead program to waive the last 2 payments to get me into another Gm vehicle.
  • fargodogfargodog Member Posts: 13
    joeystiffs19,

I spoke with GMAC this past week and was told the pull ahead is now 4 months through the end of July. Did you check with them recently, I don't know when this changed from 2 to 4 months. Anyone else get this new info or was rep incorrect? thanks
    Thanks fardog, but I received the email last week from GM direct. Its only 2 months. However, I only have 2 left so it works out if I get the right lease deal on the Acadia. I just don't know where I stand with the lease due to the Acadia being such a new vehicle
    NYC. Just got offered a lease for a SLT2 w/options:HID headlamps, head up display, sunroof, 19 inch wheels and trailer pkg. MSRP:41375. lease 39months/10k 2500 out of pocket. 525 month including tax. Then went online and saw a SLT1 w/ options close to the above for $39275 MSRP. For the same terms they offered $555 a month incl. tax. So I guess I should go for the SLT2 or are they both
  • sparty411sparty411 Member Posts: 5
    Car Man (or anyone else) would you happen to know the current base GMAC lease rate/money factor on an '08 Acadia? We've ordered an SLT-2 with GMS pricing, so we are fairly well locked in on all of the variables, but the dealer has quoted us a lease rate of 8.5%. Seems high to us, and I'm wondering if he's marked this up. Can't seem to find the info anywhere. I'd also be curious if anyone knew the lease rate and residual (36 mo/12k miles) on an '07 Acadia. There's another local dealer who has an '07 model equipped just the way we want it, and I'd be willing to walk away from our '08 deposit ($500) if it made more sense to go with an '07. Especially since my dealer won't give me a straight answer on the lease rate for the one we ordered.
  • tenfingastenfingas Member Posts: 2
    Bottom line...

2007 Acadia SLT, 2wd, leather, equipped with the 8 passenger seating, dual skyscape sunroof, HID headlamps, head-up display, navigation, entertainment system and trailer package.

36 months/15,000 miles/$648 per month including tax w/ the standard drive-off of first payment and DMV license.
    48 months/same as above for $604. Both leases nothing down.

Also this has to be a SLT-2 right? Would GMC custom make an SLT-1 with the dvd-navigation option? The reason I ask is because when I go to build an Acadia on GMC's website, the dvd-navigation option is only available for the SLT-2.

Thanks for your help and opinions.
  • sparty411sparty411 Member Posts: 5
    Tenfingas: did the dealer give you the money factor on your deal? I'm trying to check what my dealer is quoting--I think he's marking up the money factor, and your deal might be a good benchmark.
  • tenfingastenfingas Member Posts: 2
    Hey sparty. GMAC's current base lease rate for the 2007 GMC Acadia is an unattractive 8.0%. This is still not very good, but it is slightly better than the 8.5% that you were quoted. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Acadia with 12,000 miles per year are 6.9% and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello tenfingas. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Acadia that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this what truck's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jpettyjpetty Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_man,

I think there is a typo in the reply you gave above. You mention "2007 GMC Acadia" twice, but give different lease rates. Is one of them supposed to be for a 2008? Which one?

I've got a dealer quoting me 9% (or .00375 money factor) on a '08 SLT-2 with a 63% residual on a 12K/36mo lease.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.