Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• psoricapsorica Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone know the money factor, interest rate, and residual % for March on an SLT-1, 36 months or 39 months? Does the mileage allowance make a difference? We'd be ok with 10,500 or 12000.

What would be a realist price for an SLT-1 with navigation?
  • megapollmegapoll Member Posts: 7
    Dear Car Man

I'm starting to look at possibly leasing a 2013 AWD Acadia in Connecticut most likely the SLT but would prefer the Denali in the next couple of months. I presently finance an 2009 Audi A4 and it's becoming too small for our growing family.

I emailed a few dealers last night to get some quotes..what advice can you give to me on negotiating a low payment. My husband is not pro lease and the only way I can convince him if I keep my payments not too much higher than my current payment on Audi $430 p/month. I know the end of the month is typically a good time..but is there also a good time of the year? I am not in any particular rush. Thank you!
    Best time of year is end of the year, best time of month is end of the month. The lower your milage per year, the higher your residual value. Start by checking here on edmunds for current incentives for the vehicle you want, then check pricing for the vehicle you want, put in all the options, check the MSRP and fair market value, calculate the percentage the fair market value is of MSRP... Maybe 93-95%... Negotiate a selling price of the vehicle around that percentage... Don't make any down payments, you pay taxes on any capital cost reductions, even the incentive you get from the manufacturer of leasing company... This is why Car man says not to put money down... You might pay inception costs, which are first month payment, registration fees, etc... Or roll them back into the capitalized cost... Depends if you have the $1000-$2000 up front and if its cheaper to cover the fees up front or roll them back in (total fees divided by term months)

Find out the residual rate for the car, which is based on mileage and term of the lease in months... Probably somewhere between 55-63%... Use the lease payment calculator here on edmunds to plug in all numbers... MSRP, selling price, residual (msrp multiplied by residual rate), term in months, interest rate (MF x 2400) or MF (interest rate/2400), and local sales tax percentage...

And you will have a ball park range of lease payment...

Car man says if you get within $20 of this estimate, you've done well.
    Also, higher residual percentage and higher months equal lower payment... Biggest numbers you need to get from the dealer are residual rate and interest/MF rate... Which Car Man can provide, as well... Then negotiate the price of the car to a fair market or invoice price... And if the dealership won't let go of a car you want, because they have to cover fees such as the interest and insurance cost of the vehicles on their lot, then have them order the car you want, at a price that is fair
    Thank you Car Man
    This is what I heard so far from one of the 4 dealers I requested info from
    "The rates and residuals for the SLT-1 and the Denali are the same. If we're working with Ally, for instance, the rate is 1.5% for both (and for all Acadias) and the residual is 54% on a 15k mile lease (56% for 12k). The SLEs have a slightly higher residual."

He wants me to come in to check out my Audi to check condition.

I rather keep negotiating via email until I feel confident to pull the trigger..is this wrong?
    Thanks I will check out Edmunds lease calculator in the meantime
    Is it crazy to think I can stay under $450 per month with 12k-15k miles per year for 36/39 month lease? I want to have leather heated seats, navigation and rear camera but I don't need a sunroof..they are always so loud..so either the Denali or SLT2?
    Sorry, I'm not car man... But have been reading all his posts and have come to those conclusions... Worked well for me. Last I calculated on an SLT-1, the payment came out to just over $400/month... Maybe $430... With navigation, rear camera and leather seats, don't remember if they were heated and I may have included the sunroof on my build of the vehicle. That was at 36 months 12,000 miles... Build the vehicle you want, post the MSRP, and fair market value, and I'll calculate the payment... With no money down...

However, if you have a trade, your trade value does matter in the equation... So if there's a specific dealer you want to deal with, they will have to appraise the vehicle, meaning you have to go in... However, to get a rough estimate, just here on edmunds or kbb for the trade-in value, and then post the good, fair, and poor values... And if you owe anything on the vehicle... (Basically, will they give you a credit, because the vehicle is worth more than you owe? or will there be a debit and you have to cover some costs because you owe more than the vehicle is worth? and how much, either way?) And I'll calculate the payments for you based on those numbers
    Also, check the incentives here on edmunds and let me know how much you qualify for.
    Where do you find the incentives? Thank you so much!!
    Go to the top left drop down menu for "New Cars" then "incentives" and select make and model... Select the first column of incentives "$ offers" (because it tells u all offers available, just open all the + tabs) for the trim u want... Slt1, 2, Denali... Or Use this link and select trim level

http://www.edmunds.com/gmc/acadia/2013/car-incentives.html
    There's also a calculator thru this link that is fairly accurate... Being able to pull it up in the dealership on ur phone might help too... I can do the pricing for u for exactly what u want, all the options, but the dealership may not have the exact colors and features u want... Or they may charge too much because the vehicles they have at the dealership that have been there for a month or longer, they have had to pay insurance and maybe interest fees on those vehicles, so to recover the cost, they pass it on to the buyer... If they don't want to sell u a vehicle at the price u want, ask them to do a factory order, which takes about 6 weeks, roughly 4-8 weeks... Then u get exactly what u want and they can still make a little money, without robbing u blind.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc_pda.htm
    Thank you so much psorica for all of your help! So if I understand everything correctly I can find a fair market price or invoice price on Edmunds to go into the dealership with? How does one bring up the factory order and negotiate a cheaper price that route? Thank you again!
    Sorry I am back - I just did the car appraiser on my Audi A4 and it stated that I could get $19,519 for a trade-in or $21,337 private

I still owe $21K since I just bought it last year.

So it looks like I am looking for the SLT1 with navigation and 7 passenger seating in White or White Diamond

I built a White Diamond with the top of the line navigation with rear dvd entertainment and the MSRP came out to be $45,925 (I probably could do without the rear entertainment but it would be nice with the baby on long trips and my husband)
    I would be looking at 15K miles (to be safe) for 36/39 months (whichever comes out to a lower payment)
    Ok, so in that case your about $2K negative on your trade. Yes, you can take the invoice and fair market price with you into the dealership an use it to negotiate. Invoice is about 93.5% of MSRP (so about $42,900 based on the MSRP of the vehicle you built) and fair market is about 96.5% (43,500-44K), that 6-11 hundrend makes a difference, especially when they have to add the $2K you owe on the audi into the deal... I can try to do a rough comparison for you later...

But you might want to also consider the Ford Explorer XLT... They have a good lease program right now, and I just leased one last week, factory ordered for $355 month, and that includes tax... I didn't have any negative equity and qualified for almost $3500 in rebate money from Ford, so it made a big difference...

You'd have to check the rebates in your are to see what you qualify for... In my area, the SLT1 only has $1500 in incentives
    You can check the Explorer lease page to see the details of the vehicle I leased. Similar to the one u built, no DVD, but navigation, dual moon roof, and some safety features... I have to wait another 5 weeks to get it, but it's worth the wait
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi psorica. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 58%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.5% and 56%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 1% higher.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of slightly over invoice minus the $2,000 cash incentive that GM is providing on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi megapoll. The key to getting a good deal when leasing a new vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible for the car or truck that you want. If I was in the market for a new Acadia right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price that's fairly close to dealer invoice minus the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    How does one get invoice price? The dealer that gave my estimate on SLT1 basically said my payments would be high 500's per month. I don't even pay that with financing..just seems so crazy & frustrating! I still owe about $21 on my Audi and they gave me an estimate of $14K which I just laughed at. I guess I just have to wait?
  • choerigchoerig Member Posts: 2
    I have a question and was wondering if anyone has ever been in this situation as I am. I leased a Chevy trailblazer back in 2006. I turned it in early and went into financing a used vehicle. At the time of turn in I thought we owed nothing and were free and clear of it. However once they received it back they say we owe $1000.00. I'm trying to lease a gmc acadia now and they have denied me due to this balance. They say if I pay the balance then I can be approved for the new loan. I'm worried that I will pay the balance and then not be approved after all. What would u do? Pay it and take a chance or go with another vehicle. The debt owed is NOT on my credit report it only shows in Ally's system. Thanks for any help or suggestions
  • danyc1danyc1 Member Posts: 11
    I was just quoted $499/mo for a 39 month, 12k mile lease with $0 due ar signing for the SLT-1 with AWD and Navigation. This included $2,500 in incentives, and they said assumed a 0.96% lease rate through US Bank and a 54% residual. Thoughts on this deal? Seems high based on other posts but I'm traveling so haven't figured out implied total capitalized cost to back into.
    This is what the 2 dealers quoted me including my Audi
    the 2013 Acadia SLT1 with the factory Navigation and rear DVD Player has a window sticker of $44915. Megan from the information you gave me on your 2009 A-4 they figure unseen it has a value of $15,000 you have a payoff of $21,000 a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles a year would be with no money down = $599 Megan if you put $3000 down you would have 38 payments of $524.
  • fordbuyer2fordbuyer2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,

Woudl you be able to tell me the current lease terms for a 39-month/12,000 mile lease on a AWD Acadia SLT1?

Thanks!
    Hi fordbuyer2. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 56%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • fordbuyer2fordbuyer2 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Thanks. Do these numbers change for an AWD SLE?

Appreciate your help.
  • mrgiellamrgiella Member Posts: 52
    Hello Car_man,

Could you please provide rates for Acadia AWD SLE2 and SLT1, 12K miles 39 month lease. Trying to decide between the two. Thank you.
    Hello mrgiella. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia SLE2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 58%.

The numbers for the SLE1 would be exactly the same.

There is a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck that you should take into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • joeystiffs19joeystiffs19 Member Posts: 43
    Car_man,

Can you provide the lease and residual rates for a 2013 Acadia SLT1 AWD with Navigation, DVD and Sunroof for 36 months and 10k miles. A dealer in my area is offering $0 out of pocket and $540 month for 36 month lease with 10,000 milesIs this a good deal?
    I have gotten a couple quotes in this ball park for the SLT1 but with only the sunroof and DVD. $450 with nothing down, 39 months, 12K miles. So I would say might be a little high. Ask for the sale price and make sure its near invoice and then subtract all the months incentives your eligible for.
    What was the sale price that you were offered? Your deal sounds great.
  • procter5117procter5117 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man, Can you please provide the lease and residual rates for a 2013 Acadia Denali AWD with Navigation and Sunroof for 39 months and 15k miles.I appreciate it.
    I got a AWD SLT1 with DVD, sunroof and all weather mats, final price was $43500, MSRP $45600. I think its around $200 or so over invoice, and took advantage of $3500 in May rebates. Got a $3K+ credit for a lease trade in that the dealer bought out. $0 out of pocket $410 a month. Last month of old lease paid, and first month of Acadia lease paid.
    Just received following e-mailed quote for AWD SLT-1 Acadia in Black ($495 premium) and with just Navigation ($795 add-on):

MSRP: $43,965
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $41,694
    Residual Value: 57%
    MF: .005 (1.2%)

$493.16/month, $0 due at signing (I'm in CT so tax rate they used would be 6.35%). This is without any negotiating at this point.

Seems like there is $2000 of base incentives out there, but any thoughts on this?
  • jb2ujb2u Member Posts: 14
    For reference, the end of last month we picked up a fully loaded Acadia Denali AWD (Blk/Blk)(chrome wheels & DVD NAV&Ent) for $499/mth (39mth, 12k) with $0 down. [MSRP $52070]. I would think you can do better....
    JB2u,

Helpful, thanks. Did you have any trade-in/special incentives? Also, what is your state's tax rate? I agree there's wiggle room, as I was originally thinking $450 or so...
  • elcamelcam Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me what dealer you went to? I have been trying to make the same deal for only 10k miles/year on a denali $51080 MSRP and the lowest anyone will go is $520/month for 39 months and $1200 total out of pocket.
    Here you go joeystiffs19. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia SLT AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 59%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi procter5117. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia Denali AWD wit 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 54%.

As I mentioned in my previous post, GM is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on 39-month leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Just checked forum guidelines to make sure I could post the dealer name, and it states I can so here it is: Faulkner GMC in Trevose, PA.

To answer danyc1 's questions as well, no trade-in applied against this deal, and wouldn't call anything here a 'special incentive' (ie; no executive lease program or dealer coupon etc). It does seem from recent posts that the current rebates may be fewer/lower this month than last; note I figured out the best possible deal (that I got) by using information from a buying service - which I've used before and found to be well worth the small fee.
  • procter5117procter5117 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Hi jb2u, Seems like you have got the sweet deal on denali 2013. Congratulations! I am in Philly area and are also looking for 2013 denali awd. Would you mind telling me the first name of the sales person who you were dealing with. Who knows if I get out with some luck! I appreciate it.
    Any chance you can post the name of the buyers service?
    This is the third car obtained (over as many years) using Inside Car Buying, LLC.
    Car Man,

We're looking to lease an AWD SLT-1 Acadia in Black with sunroof/NAV, and total MSRP coming in at $44,015. Given the $2,500 incentive for a 36/39 month lease, what selling price should I realistically aim for? I was given an additional $657 (ie $3,157 off) off MSRP, but that seems too low.

Thanks.
  • mjl117mjl117 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man (Or others) - I have zero experience in leasing as i've always financed in the past. Looking at the advertised GMC Acadia for $299 a month / 39 months / 10K miles a month. I'd like to bump up the milage to 15K.

How do i go about leasing process? If i read right from previous posts, i should first negotiate as if i'm financing the vehicle and then explore the leasing option once i get to the lowest negotiated price? What other factors do i need to consider as im told residual value is important?

Just looking for a little hand holding as this is my first time going through the leasing process.

Thanks in advance.
  • nostaljacknostaljack Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

I'm looking at leasing an Acadia slt-2 or denali. In your forums you say there is a $2500 incentive on leasing this vehicle for 36 or 39 months. Who is offering the incentives? Is it regional? I live in Pensacola, FL. I keep searching for the incentives and can only find $1500 offered. Looking to lease within a week. Thank you,
  • nostaljacknostaljack Member Posts: 2
    Car man

Forgot to ask this question in the other post. Could you please tell me the residual value and money factor for a lease in FL,and AL. on an Acadia slt-2 and denali. Thank you.
  • iceman2011iceman2011 Member Posts: 12
    Carman - is this a good deal ?

2013 GMC Acadia FWD SLE 1
    MSRP - 34,945
    selling Price - 33,945
    adj cap cost - 32,488.21
    APR 1.5%
    Residual - 56%
    term 39 months

down - $2000
    Payment - $397
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    No. You can lease a buick enclave for $349 for 24mo with $2309 down with no negotiating. It's a better car with a lower payment for only 24mo
  • d_man_600d_man_600 Member Posts: 4
    No. We were offered a 2013 AWD SLE-1 for $414, zero down, including 5% tax and a 2013 AWD SLE-2 for $419. Lots of room left to negotiate or move onto another dealer.
  • mbl_carguymbl_carguy Member Posts: 11
    Just thought I'd share the deal that my wife got on her 2013 Acadia. We recently leased a FWD SLT-1 with the dual sunroofs, navigation, and DVD system. MSRP just over $44,000. She had 4 payments left on her Honda Pilot lease, but the car had a little over $3,000 of equity. When factoring in about $3,500 of other rebates, we signed a deal for $449 / month for 12k miles per year. Nothing out of pocket and this includes all taxes (we are in NC, so only 3%), fees, and a maintenance plan that should cover the lease period.
    Hi danyc1. If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome mjl117. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.