Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Scion xB - new design... love it or hate it?

darthclutchdarthclutch Member Posts: 18
edited April 2014 in Scion
http://www.carscoop.autoblog.com/photos/2008-scion-xb/

I have to say I like the new look, but I stil love my 2006 xB. I am actually disappointed they chose to put a bigger engine in it. I like getting good mileage.

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    but that's a big blind spot from that C-pillar back there, eh?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    You're right about the possible blind spot in the rear C-pillars. This design looks like a scaled down FJ and the blind spot in that is horrible. I read a small article last week in a Dallas newspaper that the 07 XB will get the 2.4 engine from the TC and not the 1.8 motor as first reported. Does anybody have any info on engine size and specs?
  • shirotorishirotori Member Posts: 51
    I personally like the looks and if it were available this spring or early summer I think I would buy it as I am living in Japan, but moving back to the States in April. Here in Japan, the xB, though not using the Scion name was updated last year and looks quite nice and was hoping it was going to be updated in N. America as well. But since it wasn't and won't be for another 8 or 10 months, I won't be purchasing an xB. After seeing the redesigned models here in Japan, I don't like the 'older' models as much anymore. :cry:
  • aathertonaatherton Member Posts: 617
    I don't like the looks or the specs. The xB2 is an entirely different car. It has been stylized in way that looks disturbing to me, and is 12" longer, 3" wider, almost 700 lbs heavier, 50% more displacement and horsepower, much less mpg and much more cost.

I wanted an xB with a more integrated front end design, side airbags, and a 1.8L engine. Scion has given me that in the xD.
  • hbgti1hbgti1 Member Posts: 16
    I was wondering what source you used that specified the 700 lb increase in weight. If this is true, then that would definitely make a big difference. I was hoping for at most 500 lbs.

Thanks
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    Autoweek noted an April 2007 release for 2008 xB. Can anyone else confirm?
  • sduff68sduff68 Member Posts: 52
    I really like the improved feature content of the 2008 Scion XB. The new styling reminds me of a mini 2007 Chevy Tahoe; especially from the rear/side view.

I really like my 2005 Scion XB for the following reasons:

Great handling, interior room, rear seat room, ABS, traction control, stability control, unique styling, cavernous cargo space with the rear seats down.

However after driving it a while I realized that I missed cruise control, trip computer, exterior temperature, and the car also lacked storage space with the rear seats up. The vehicle also lacked passing power on the highway.

The new XB has addressed all those issues; and most important my wife likes it, so she might let me trade in the 05 to get an 08.

I just hope they keep the pricing in the same price range. I am also concerned about the gas mileage...I can only hope that they tuned down the 2.4 liter to get the same gas mileage as the 1.5 liter, while still taking advantage of the increased torque and power from the larger engine.
  • redbrienredbrien Member Posts: 8
    Late Spring is approaching very fast; as a result, the All New 2008 Xb will be here soon. I been looking around the web for as much info as I could possible get on this XB. Scion(Toyota) has leaked alot of info, just not of alot of sites post it. The best one I have seen is http://www.leftlanenews.com/2008-scion-xb.html

That will give you a taste of the '08 Xb. Also wondering if anyone has talked with dealers about ordering their Xb's. Alright guys. Later
  • z9z9z9z9z9z9z9z9 Member Posts: 101
    I would expect the fuel economy to be about the same as a FWD RAV4 with the same engine and tranmission. That was 24/30 in 2007, which will translate to about 21/27 using 2008 test procedures.
    "... I really like my 2005 Scion XB... However after driving it a while I realized that I missed cruise control, trip computer..."

Bought the Rostra cruise control for $195 and had it installed for $150.
    Bought a ScanGuageII for $170 that plugs into the diagnostic port behind pull-out dash cubby. It goes in the ledge above the steering wheel, and displays all the info that the car's computer knows about the engine, as well displaying any trouble codes, and also doing trip computations.
  • gunga64gunga64 Member Posts: 271
    Any idea on what month they will be selling the 2008. It really needed a new engine bad and it may now be possible for me to get one.
  • arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    You can build one on the website now. Word is that it will be on sale by May.
  • lingnanlingnan Member Posts: 7
    According to the dealer, they already have the shipment in for California and I am supposed to test drive the new vehicle tomorrow.
    Will inform of the result afterward.
  • lingnanlingnan Member Posts: 7
    I went into the dealer to test drive the silver automatic but was sold (don't know if that is true) and they showed me a teal color one.
    The car has a lot of improvement over the 2006 and the dash is totally new, so is the gear shifter. (which is similar to Element now) A/C was sufficient enough over the 90 degree heat outside. When I pulled the car out of the lot, there is gusto underneath the hood, but the bottom seemed scrapped the drive way a bit. Cornering is good, under slow speed, and gassing up the car gets the immediate response from the new engine. Spacious interior, and comfortable ride according to my wife sitting in the back.
    Overall, for the money, out the door price just slightly under 19K is not bad for a new car. There is room enough under the hood to work with most of the items. The trunk space is enormous, gives me a feel of the Element.

I told the salesperson that we want the silver, when they have it.
    "... There is room enough under the hood to work with most of the items."

But the 2.4 engine is turned around compared to the 1.5. The exhaust side, where there is nothing to do, is in the front. The intake side, with the airbox connection, fuel injectors, throttle connection, etc, is hidden on the back against the firewall. I put a cruise control on my 2006 xB -- it would be a lot more difficult on the 2008 xB.
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    It is much improved over the previous monstrosity.
  • dtown40dtown40 Member Posts: 18
    I was going to buy an Xb before they changed the style. I really liked that little car, and then Toyota/Scion had to change everything. Now it looks like its squinting like a constipated Chinaman. Sorry , but youve lost the sale with me.
    "... Now it looks like its squinting like a constipated Chinaman."

But it will be so cool to sit down low and peer out the squinty windows over the high sides.
  • frozenguymnfrozenguymn Member Posts: 8
    You won't need to put cruise on it, since it comes standard with the 2008 xB.
  • girlbuffalo1girlbuffalo1 Member Posts: 16
    Love it--bought it yesterday--they rolled off the trucks here in Indiana last week (week or May 14th 2007)--looks really great--great head turner!
  • bpraxisbpraxis Member Posts: 292
    Hello everyone and the Element now has serious competition. The Xb will sell extremely well in my opinion.

The new model is massively improved and now will have much broader demographic appeal. It still has the edgy design but is much more funtional.

For someone like myself who wants maximum storage space in a small package and does not want to blend in with the non descript styling masses, this is a bulls eye.

The question is will we be able to buy this vehicle without the dealers adding additional dealer markup for the first year?

What do think we will be able to buy it for?
  • crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    I had my first tour of the new XB today in Hagerstown, Md. The Scion dealer had one on the lot as their display vehicle. It was a 5 speed Black on Black. Sticker price was $16k and some change. EPA ratings on the sticker show 22 City and 28 highway for the 5 speed. The box is very comfortable on the interior with softer, wider seats, and more nooks for storage. The center console is tiny and the drivers right side armrest is attached to the seatback and pivots up and down. It is almost useless as it is only about one inch wide. The headroom is very close to my 2005 XB, and I would call it almost the same, however overall height on the new design appears to be about 2 inches shorter.

Sight lines are good in front and the sides but the giant blind spots on the rear corners are a drawback. Clearly, it shares styling cues with the FJ. I like the 4 gauge pack in the center. Rear seat hip and shoulder room is greater with the wider dimensions. The rear seats do not feel as comfortable as in my 05. Access in and out of the car is easier with wider doors. Cargo space behind the rear seats is greater. There are storage nooks in the huge corner C pillers. The spare tire is a donut with a solid steel rim that was painted tan. It looks like it belongs on an old woodie wagon, and there is a storage tray that sits on top of the spare. Cruise is standard, as is a/c, integrated turn signals in the side mirrors, tilt, and single disc cd. The wheel tilts but does not telescope. There is a ratcheting height adjustment lever for the driver and a knob that adjusts the tilt of the seat cushion. Standard tires were Bridgestone Turanza's sized at 205 55 16.

The EPA numbers place the new XB smack in the middle with many other cars. This mpg puts the XB in the same range as the Subaru Forester and close to it in price. I look forward to reading actual mpg numbers on this site from the members.
    I had test drove the Element and they are scarce around these parts. I was willing to buy a new '07 however they only had 4x4 loaded versions in stock and it was just a bit too much for my wallet.

I purchased my 2008 xB black on black automatic for what is advertises on the Scion site $17,180. They accidentally forgot to charge me for the video stereo--and tried yesterday to call out the mistake and have me take the old stereo back or pay for the new one--not on my watch--I paid sticker and have signed all documents for that amount for that car--I called their bluff by saying "well what do I have to do to return the car" and they decided to let me keep the stereo ($400 on Scion site)--so that's good.
    I looked at the new xB2 at a Scion Backstage event. I am 6’-2” and was surprised to find plenty of headroom, though less than my xB1. Even though the car is lower, the seat must be lower, too. Still, it was not hard to get in and out, and each seat has nice overhead grab bars. The surfaces that are dull pebbled plastic in the xB1, like the dash and doors, are smooth shiny plastic in the xB2; odd but practical. The 5-speed shifter came out of the dash at an angle, and felt smoother than the xB1. The back seat did not have the same amount of legroom as the xB1 with the front seat all the way back. The trunk was about 6” longer. There was a storage bin under the trunk, but it was so divided up that it will not hold as much as the xB1. The temporary spare wheel was painted a mustard color, evidently to advertise its emergency nature. The engine compartment was more crowded than the xB1, and the 2.4L engine is reversed compared to the 1.5L, with the exhaust in the front and the intake and throttle hidden behind against the firewall. It is a good thing that cruise control is factory-standard, because it would be too hard for an aftermarket installer to work behind the engine. The car had alloy wheels that showed off the disk brakes on the rear. It seems like a lot of car and engine for the money. However, I am turned off by the high and rising belt line, both from outside and from sitting inside, and bothered the huge blind spots caused by the C-pillars. It is odd for a wagon to have no rear side windows. I found the interior to be claustrophobic compared to the big bright windows and high ceiling of my xB1. The xB2 makes me think of a cross between a Batmobile and a Bradley Fighting Vehicle, and I would not get it to replace my xB1. If I had to do that right now, I would look at the Forester even though I don’t need AWD.
    Congradulations on your new Xb and thankyou for your pricing insight.

In Florida the Scion dealers want a $700.00 dealer fee which seems to be non negotiable.

Keep us posted on how you like it,

With appreciation,
    "... In Florida the Scion dealers want a $700.00 dealer fee which seems to be non negotiable."

That's the beauty of Pure Price. No worries about negotiation. When I bought my 2006 a year ago, I just checked the three dealers in my city and went with the lowest fee. They ranged from $400 to $900.
  • fragofrago Member Posts: 2
    Completely in love with this new XB. It is a hit all around. All of the things I hated about the old one are gone. Its really peppy now too and scoots along well. Very spacious interior and the slit windows give it a chop top street rod look.
    Never thought I would see the day I bought a Scion but this is the coolest car anyone has designed in quite some time and I am sold.
    Pick it up in two more days.
  • subjectivesubjective Member Posts: 62
    We have owned our 08 Scion xb 5 speed for 4 days which now has 350 miles on the odometer. The trip computer shows 29.2 mpg and by me measuring fuel used comes out to 29.1 mpg by driving secondary highways at 55-60 mph and incity light traffic. My wife and I really like this 08 xb much better than our 05 xb which we have enjoyed very much. You must drive the o8 xb to appreciate how good it is. A good 5 or 6 speed with proper shift points would make the automatic better than by using the 4 speed now being used. This shows what a young team of engineers and designers can do when not dictated to by stale management.
  • cloned_2_deathcloned_2_death Member Posts: 22
    The tiny gun turret windows/high beltline and huge C-pillars are a big mistake. Sensible design, practicality and safety lost out to Toyota's styling department's decision to copy GM's and Chrysler's mistakes. Unbelievable. Then again, they'll probably sell a ton of these to the 50-70 year olds, secretaries, grannies, and college girls etc. that seem to love that nasty PT Cruiser. No doubt Toyota conducted multiple styling clinics that told them that this styling would be popular with consumers. I'm betting more than 80% of the new xB sold will be automatics.

Of course, this all raises the question of exactly what market segment is Toyota trying to reach with its Scion brand. Funky, bold, unique, practical, inexpensive vehicles like the xB were supposed to be Toyota's way of bringing new, younger buyers into the Toyota family. The changes seen with the 2008 xB are what I would have expected from Chrysler or GM - not Scion. All the car needed was a few minor upgrades: 1.8 L engine, standard cruise control, a traditional Honda-simlple dash, slight freshening of the front end and revised tail lights. If they wanted to get adventurous they could have added a diesel engine and brought in a bunch of sales from the tree hugger and commuter segments.

Since last Fall, I was holding out on buying an xB since I knew the new model was coming. As soon as I saw the 2008 xB, I went out and bought my 2006 xB. What the he11 was Toyota thinking? I suppose the redesigned tC will come with tail fins, a big spoiler, whitewall tires, fake wood side panels, 19 inch chrome wheels (with spinners), fake carbon fiber interior and pinstriping? Can't wait.

The 2004 - 2006 xB was cool because it looked like it did and seemed to be designed without a care whether or not people would like it. You either "got" the xB or you didn't - most people seemed to either love or hate the design. If I remember correctly, when Scion first came to California in 2004, Toyota actually expected the xA to outsell the xB by around a 2:1 margin. The style and practicality of the xB resulted in the xB trouncing the (practical-but-bland) xA in sales. Now fast forward to 2007 where we have a new xB introduced that seems to be trying hard to look cool. Sorry Scion Toyota: you can't fake "cool". You either are or you aren't. People (and companies) that try to look cool usually just end up embarassing themselves. (Think Microsoft's Steve Ballmer and his legendary "Developers, developers, developers, developers..." speech.)

I'm seriously considering buying another 2006 xB and putting it in storage...
    My wife and I both had the same feelings about the 08 xb as poster #32 until we drove it on a 110 mile test drive. We also felt that the 06 xb could be slightly upgraded with side airbags, the 1.8 engine,better aerodynamics etc. Our new 08 xb is averaging 29+ mpg in normal driving which is better than the 23 mph that we expected. The new standard ammenities/driveability are so nice. It seems to us that the 08 xb is actually a new different model and the 08 xd is the replacement for the old xb. We have and love both xbs.
  • cloned_2_deathcloned_2_death Member Posts: 22
    I feel the new xB is actually a fairly solid vehicle. The only problem is it is no longer an xB in spirit. Instead, it seems to have morphed into yet another competent-yet-vanilla, cynical, design-by-committee-for-fat-Americans vehicle. The quirky, lean, mean xB attitude was a casualty of this redesign. Toyota might as well have called it the xD, but no doubt wanted to leech off the goodwill built up by the original ("real") xB.

I see Toyota also jumped on the silly gun turret window/high beltline styling bandwagon with the xA's replacement, the xD. Despite this, the xD seems to be more in keeping with the design philosophy of the old xB.

For years, manufacturers have "dumbed down" their vehicles for the American market, typically selling vesions of their vehicles that have poorer handling, softer ride, more options and are bigger than the versions sold in Europe and Japan. (Examples include the VW Golf, Honda Accord and Ford Focus, which often seem like completely different vehicles compared to the versions sold to "Fat Americans". Car companies seem to believe Americans only want bigger, plush-riding, numb-steering vehicles.) The 2008 xB continues that patronizing attitude: Fatten it up, try to overcome the weight with a bigger engine, jump on the latest styling fads and then try to market it as "cool" or "hip". I'm not biting. The 2008 "xB" may be a good vehicle, but it sure as he11 isn't a real xB.

Fisrt Honda butchers the CRV and now Scion butchers the xB. Great. All I need now is for Honda to kill off the S2000 this Fall and the year will "perfect".

If I was in the market for a practical vehicle now that the new xB has had its base price jacked up by $1,600 this year, I would look at the Honda Fit (hate the geeky styling + lack of a dead pedal), Honda Element (hate the geeky styling) and Scion xA (amazing price for what you get) instead of the xB and would probably go with a manual transmission base Fit.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter would like to get consumer feedback on the redesigned Scion xB. You do not have to be an owner to respond. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than June 1, 2007 with your daytime contact information.
    Hello everyone and some of you have stong opinions regarding the new design. Let me say that I think the design is a massive improvement over the prior Xb. The Xb still has the box shape with more functionality, comfort, performance, and a broader market appeal.

You know at one time not to long ago all inexpensive economy cars were non descript and unattractive. In the last ten years the masses can now afford a fun design such as the VW Bug, Mini Cooper, PT Cruiser, Chev. HHR, Scions, Element, and others. At one time only the weathly could afford a distictive design.

Weather you hate or love these designs, it is amazing how much design character you get for your money these days. I really like the new Xb and cant wait to test drive it.

For the clone poster the PT Cruiser has been a massive success for Chrysler and still sells well after 7 years.
  • tonyklotonyklo Member Posts: 3
    Our previous 2005 xB was a base model with Automatic as the only option. We took delivery of a 2008 xB yesterday, and the only thing I really do not like is the single low mounted back-up light. Being in the Chicago area, the light in the daytime, is ignored by most parking lot space-racers. I am looking forward to an aftermarket set of tail light assemblies containing back-up lights for better notice to oncoming drivers.
    We now have 840 miles on our new 5 speed 08 XB. Combined driving on interstate(75-80 mph), secondary hwy(55-60 mph) and city light traffic, the XB is giving a steady 29.1 mpg. Both trip computer and fuel used return this mpg figure. Tire pressure used is 35 psi cold. Our silver 05 XB 5 speed has been offered for 7 days at $12,850. with no takers. It is mint and yet we notice that they are offering the same model 05 XBs in California at 15 to $18k. Perhaps someone would like to come to Florida to visit Disney and save some money on our 05 XB.
  • bearcrkrdbearcrkrd Member Posts: 167
    I haven't driven the '08 or the previous gen either, but have checked them out and sat in them a few times.
    I am pretty excited with the changes on the new one. But, something popped into my head and won't go away...
    I remembered two things I thought were outstanding, even fantastic, in the original xB, and seem to have been lost; the comfortable front seats and the view looking out from inside the car. Seats as comfortable as a $35,000 car, and a 360 view as good, or better, than an interstate bus.
    A coworker just purchased an '06 Automatic, low miles, with fancy wheels, lowered one inch, and also a few of the options people ordered, for $15,000. She loves it, and did check out the '08 first. I recommended the '08, but her boyfriend has a first gen, and checked out the new one real good. Now they got a matching set! Both of them disliked the 2008. Just a story, not trying to make any point, I guess.
    The new engine, bigger & better brakes, wider stance, longer wheelbase, and a slightly chopped look make the new one my favorite. Again, haven't driven either, or been in either when they were under power.
  • vu2000vu2000 Member Posts: 58
    I test drove a base 08 Xb auto today. The car drove great and has good power. The AC actually cooled the car down(the 06 I test drove over a year ago was pathetic, no power and the AC was poor). The price is decent considering all the standard equipment that was not on the 06(side and curtain airbags, cruise, and traction control). I thought the car look decent and has lots of room inside. For those of you who does not like the way this car looks, don't buy it or buy an 07 Xb. I think this car is a good value with good gas mileage compare to most SUV, including car based SUV. :D
  • babbajobabbajo Member Posts: 1
    I bought the 2008 XB and I love everything about it. I traded in a 2006 Scion TC to get it. I loved the tc but needed more room, and the XB has given it to me.I am 62 years old and on my TC I put a big dragon on each side of my car. It was a silver car and I put a black dragon on it. I also added red pin striping to the dragon. Everyone in my town loved my car from 8 to 80 years old. ;);)
    Hi!! Glad to see it is not only 20-somethings buying the great xB's! I'm 57 and as I said in an earlier post, I had a 2005 white xB we used to call our "little white milk truck" because it reminded us of the old '50s home delivery trucks. We got our white 2008 xB automatic last week and enjoy every drive in it. I'm in the Chicago area, and it would be fun to see (nearest major city) where the posts are from. :)
    "... For those of you who does not like the way this car looks, don't buy it or buy an 07 Xb.

I did not buy my xB1 for its looks, and would not buy the xB2 for its looks. I buy for function, utility, and and how it fits my body. I like a high car that is easy to enter and has lots of headroom. A car with tall windows to see out of all around, with a low belt line so I can rest my arm on the window sill.
    Scion could have kept us all in the fold, if only they had made incremental improvements to the xB1, like the normal progression of a model. But the xB2 is a new design that does not do what I want. While I don't mind the extra size and power and cost, I don't like the chopping of the headroom, the raising of the belt line, the resulting slit windows, and no place to rest the left arm. Scion has introduced styling to the xB, but with loss of those things that mattered to me.
    babbajo- I'm in Lafayette Indiana--not too far from you. I can't wait till I see someone else in town the a new XB--Mine will be 3 weeks old tomorrow already! The dealer only got two in mine (black) and a silver one which already had a sold tag on it but then my sales person said someone might be backing out ect--so I don't know if the silver is still there or not. I'm so very happy with this UUB (urban utility vehicle)
  • johndintexasjohndintexas Member Posts: 18
    I'm thinking of buying the new 2008 XB. My wife and I were actually shopping for a Vibe/Matrix, but it's impossible to find one of those with optional ABS and side curtain airbags. So the salesman at the Toyota dealership asked us if we'd like to look at the new Scion XB because those come standard. At first we thought, "a Scion, no way." But once we got passed the silly marketing campaign and weird looks (we don't love the way it looks, but don't mind it, either) we test drove it and liked the ride, and really like all the standard safety features.

The salesman, though, and no other salesman at any other Scion dealership have been able to answer my question about the safety build of the new 2008 XB. I know it has side air bags, but does anybody know about how it's designed with side crumple zones, etc. I can't find any of this info on the Scion website or any other website. The 2006 XB rated poor in side impact crash tests. The new 2008 is heavier and also now has side air bags, but sometimes side air bags don't actually improve the crash test results in small, economy cars. So I'm wanting to know how the structural integrity has changed or been improved, or maybe if it hasn't and so that's why I can't find out this info.

I would very much like to wait on buying one until after side crash test results have been released (only the front one has been done so far) but I'm in a situation where we have to buy a new car within the month, and aside from that, I'm leaning toward the Scion, but I really don't see a point in spending thousands of dollars on a car that might rate poor.

Any thoughts or info would be great on this subject. Thanks!
  • bigfieromanbigfieroman Member Posts: 12
    Unfortunately, there is no such thing as "side crumple zones". It is just the door, the impact beam/B pillar, and the airbags. The 2008 xB has side airbags (protects your body) and head curtain airbags (keeps your head from bouncing off of hard things).

There is no real way to tell how well it will take a side impact until the test is performed. The doors are heavier than the last generation, which is a good sign, but your question cannot be answered until the test is performed. I would venture a guess that it will do considerably better.
    Hi! If you find the crash test results or other interesting info please post a link to it. Before I bought my 2008 xB, I spent time on www.scion.com using the build your xB. It shows the car in zoom and you can open the hood, doors, and tailgate to see inside. Notable items: Power brake vacuum assist chamber and master cylinder is on the Passenger side actuated by a cross-rod, and the Power steering is Electric Motor assisted, not driven by belt drive from the engine as the norm. Also, on my 2005 xB the standard Pioneer radio display could be changed to display any message you want upon power-up (didn't try the 2008 yet). :)
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    Re. the display message on the radio during power up . . . yes, this can be done on the 2008 as well.
    The only serious problem with our 08 XB has been the Bridgestone EL400-02 tires. At 1300 miles we had a sidewall failure, a perfectly straight separation from the edge of the tread to the rim. We did nothing to cause this failure and Bridgestone refused to replace this tire which we strongly believe is a manufacturing defect. Reviews from most customers of Tire Rack owning this tire reviewed it to be poor in wear and driveability. If others buy a new 08 XB my advice is to make a serious attempt to immediately trade these tires out for a better tire such as the serenity, but it seems to me that customer service with Bridgestone is nonexistant. They did not answer my emails and I could not find listed anywhere an 800 number such as the other tire manufacturers list.
  • toronado455toronado455 Member Posts: 83
    Yeah the Bridgestones are dogs. But on the west coast the 2008 xB has Goodyear tires.
  • slrmanslrman Member Posts: 2
    I Really Like Both Designes, How The New One Is More Wavy And Old One Is Boxy. Overall I Love The Scion xB!!! :P
    With assistance of Scion and Bridgestone Corporate customer service overriding the local mgr., the tires were replaced with the Bridgestone Serenity which are much better. I hope this will help other Scion XB owners with the Bridgestone EL400-02 tires. I would strongly recomend if you have this tire immediately change it out for a better safer tire.
This discussion has been closed.