Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

1999 S10 Blazer Replacement Doors

jmw180jmw180 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 99 Chevy S10 Blazer LS that I need front and rear passenger side doors for. I have ordered them from 2 different salvage yards and both times, they have been wrong. The ones I get seem to be an older style. Nobody around here can tell me why they are different. Can anybody tell me what years can be interchanged with a 99?

Comments

• Options
    repairdogrepairdog Member Posts: 948
    98up are same body style and will work - all doors you put on will have to be aligned by you after the hinge pins are in. Striker has to be and the top usually requires slight bending using a wood block to get the door to roof seam right. Thats the GM way. You can change teh lock cyl too if so disposed.
  • Options
    jmw180jmw180 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much. That's more information than anybody around here has ever given me. Do you know of a place I can get these doors? I'm in Nebraska.
  • Options
    repairdogrepairdog Member Posts: 948
    Wrecking yards (lots of looking) or you can look on ebay. Also you can buy bare shells and transfer all parts. I'm in FL so use s10warehouse on ebay and you can contact him for parts not listed - he's 98up only.
  • Options
    nrderidder06nrderidder06 Member Posts: 1
    Hey i was wondering if you could help point me in the right direction... my broke ex gf wrecked my 2000 tahoe silverado style front passenger door and i'm picking up a new one tomorrow and was wondering exactly how i can figure out how to put it on myself because she doesnt have enough money to pay someone else to do it. If you could help me out that would be awesome!!!
This discussion has been closed.