Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Solstice DIY Tips

timlawtimlaw Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Pontiac
Does anyone out there know how to do an oil change in a Solstice? I have done many on my other cars, but when trying to purchase one, I found that the Solstice' oil filter is just "the guts" with no outer case. Not sure how you would replace this, and the owners manual says nothing.

Comments

• paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    do a goggle for solsticeforum...then look it up in the tech section......its easy....the filter somes in two parts....believe you maintain the outer case and simply replace the "guts'
  • nobreaksnobreaks Member Posts: 2
    I have put up with the brakes for 6 months and the dealer was given a fix by Ponitac to repalce the vacuum system with the hydralic in the 2007. Has anyone had this done--does it work---the dealer says this is costing GM $2,000. I don't know if this outside of the dealiers ability to repair.
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    havent heard of this one...seems a bit overboard for a fix....i would ask to see the TSB....also you might want to ask over on the GXP forum as well....just do a google for pontiac gxp forum...or you may even want to check out the tech section over at solsticeforum..as well
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    Have you read the posts on the Saturn Sky Redline forum? They relate to your issues...
  • russsolstice6russsolstice6 Member Posts: 1
    trying to hookup a chip from slr motor sports to ait sensor not sure wires to hook up to thanx russ
This discussion has been closed.