Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Lancer Owner's Pics

rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
edited March 2014 in Mitsubishi
Please post photos of your Mitsubishi Lancer, old or new. Take pride in your ride. ;) This way we also get to see the many forms the Lancer has gone through until it evolved to what it is today. :)

Comments

• rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    My 1989 Mitsubishi Lancer GL. Marketed in the Philippines. Still in good condition, very reliable engine. Never overhauled. Photo is a representation of the actual product since I didn't got the chance (or thought) of taking pictures of my beloved car before I left for the US. I have many fond memories with this car. Mitsubishi reliability is beyond my expectations. That's why I chose an 07 Outlander as my first US car. Why did I start this thread? I just miss my car I guess :cry:

paxtech.blogspot.com

I hope we also get to see the variants of this Lancer model. I know there is a Lancer GTi version of this, which has nice aero kit added.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    gypsyblu! I'm lovin' my Rally Red metallic '08 Lancer GTS as well. Do you have the automatic CVT transmission or the 5-speed manual?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• cybergypsycybergypsy Member Posts: 51
    CVT due to a bad arm :( had a red civic....was growing sick of red...but it is my fav color
    Rally Red on the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer. I entertained the thought of either of them or the Apex Silver for the GTS. The valance and really, entire bodykit on this Lancer GTS is suberb. Well thought-out and handsome as can be. One can surmise Mitsubishi engineers and production designers and workers spending a lot of time preparing this new Outlander SUV for 2007 and Lancer sedan for 2008. I think these two rigs have turned Mitsubishi's NA fortunes around.

And the 08 Mitsubishi Evo X will surely make it a trio of products for Mitsu's comeback. Hopefully America will start to appreciate the brand, as well as EU and Asia does.
    your mention of your Mitsubishi Lancer GL's reliability being beyond expectations brought up a memory of a coworker's comment from back in March of '07, right after I bought my '08 Lancer GTS.

He said that "your Lancer and it's engine will last forever." Wow, that sure would exceed my expectations.

I started getting interested in Lancer's after I saw a movie trailer where Jackie Chan races all of these '03 or '04 Lancer's around mercilessly. They take a licking and keep on ticking! They're all white Lancer's if memory serves me and I don't think they're EVO's, but they might me Lancer Ralliart's. If I could find that movie I'd go rent it immediately. I'll research it a bit and see if I can track it down.

Anyhoo-I am really happy with my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS so far. :D

I'm reposting cybergypsy's ride so it shows up in the thread

that is one beautiful shade of blue on one beautiful car made by Mitsubishi Motors!

• rallyfanrallyfan Member Posts: 36
    try Who Am I for another good movie with Jackie Chan being driven around in a Lancer
    thanks for that and I think I will. I've got a week off so renting flicks will be a lot easier. The wonder of the internet for giving and getting helpful information! Yeah, I remember this trailer from 2002-2004 somewhere(kinda vague in my mind)where they mention that Jackie Chan made a deal to use a bunch of Lancers in his film at that time. I'll look for 'Who Am I' for starters.

a Jackie Chan movie called 'New Police Story' in which Chan has a Mitsubishi EVO VII specially fitted out for him. 'Who am I' and 'New Police Story' for starters...Chan has had a contract with Mitsubishi since 1988 to use their Lancer's in his movies.

'Who am I' and 'New Police Story'. I've only watched 'Who am I' so far and that one indeed has a Mitsubishi SUV from that era in a Dakar Rally in Africa somewhere. Jackie Chan nurses the guy back to health from a snakebite and goes with his race-mate and him to the finish line. Jackie can't remember who he is at this point due to a bonk to the head in a fall from a helicopter in to a pack of tall trees. The SUV is clearly marked 'Mitsubishi' on the top of the windshield.

Later, Jackie is driven around in and drives around in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV, in white, with spoiler and bodykit, of course. It's a treat to watch and the EVO does an admirable job in the chase scenes in Rotterdam.

I'll report on 'New Police Story' soon. Evidently that Jackie Chan movie sports a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII. It is from 2004. 'Who am I' was filmed in 1998. More on this subject later. Jackie Chan has been in a contract with Mitsubishi Motors since the mid-80's to use their cars exclusively in his movies.

This discussion has been closed.