Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Get a Dior Beauty To Go Kit (approximate retail value of $75 plus VIP service treatment) with a test drive of the all-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible or the all-new 2007 Sebring Sedan. US only, 21 and older.

link

There's also a contest at the link to win a new Sebring.
    See gabe0702, "Land Rover LR3: Lease Questions" #170, 1 Oct 2006 9:08 pm.

Apparently Land Rover is still giving money off coupons if you visit their site and request a brochure or ask to be kept informed. You may need to fill out any surveys that you may find there too.

Anyone know if the offer is still active?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    From time to time yes. They might also ask you to fill out a survey and do the same thing.
    Thanks.

Seems like a lot of these offers are a direct result of asking for info from the various manufacturers, so if you are in the market (for a car or for swag :shades: ), it makes sense to visit the auto web sites and sign up for their newsletters and brochures.
    "Six (6) Finalists will win a trip for two (2) to the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving where they will attend three days of professional performance driving classes (ARV $3,795) for a chance to win the Grand Prize." (Grand prize is a Solstice).

US, driver's license, 21 years old.

Pontiac 'Setup' Sweepstakes
    Maxim/Pontiac Killer 3 Contest

US Residents, 21 and older, and have a valid driver's license.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Got a test-drive certificate for this in the mail. It's just $25, but check out the web site and register there, I think that's how we got it.

Still haven't done the Chrysler one mentioned earlier. I printed that out for the wife.

Finally, there's one for the Chevy HHR as well...
    Just stumbled across this one:

Suzuki Grand Vitara $25.00 Shell Gift Card

"While supplies last."
    50 states, 18 and older, licensed driver with proof of insurance to take possession - of an All-New 2007 Dodge Nitro R/T 4x2 with 20-inch chrome-clad wheels, 4.0L V6 engine, MyGIGT Multimedia Infotainment System and factory-installed power sunroof.

AUTOBLOG RELAUNCH CELEBRATION SWEEPSTAKES

(Thanks Snapcracklepop!)
    For Chrysler - to get that Beauty Kit for my wife. 4-6 weeks, we'll see.

Then for the Chevy HHR. They supposedly process it there, and send it in. Hope they do. We'll see,

And finally, the Kia Rondo one, for the $25 Best Buy gift card. I sent that in. Actually drove a Sedona instead of a Rondo.
    "$25.00 Shell Gift Card just for taking a test drive in a 2007 XL7"

Suzuki
  • nachomannachoman Member Posts: 1
    I just ran across a company called BMA online by COMPLETE mistake. I see they have some better prices for most of the things I have, but at the same time Im not familiar with them as a company... Does anyone know anything about them?

Their site is www.bmaparts.com. I am looking for some calipers for me rear brakes. They are about 150 dollars less per but like I said, im not sure if they are a good company to go with yet.

If anyone knows anything about the company please let me know, lookin for references.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Well, since you're logging on from one of their computers, perhaps you could just reel around and ask someone. Now that's what I call a COMPLETE mistake/coincidence!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

heheeh

I was wondering...
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I just love the power that Kirstie wields. Do you think that nachoman will ever make his second post??? ;)
  • grutzagrutza Member Posts: 52
    Nice :shades:
  • jnealjneal Member Posts: 247
    Way to go,Kirstie.....best one of the year!!!! :D
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Does anyone know anything about them?

I heard they sucked and couldn't be trusted. :confuse:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Any new ones? Any coupons?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jbolltjbollt Member Posts: 736
    I just received an email from Saturn with a cert. for a $25 gift card after test drive. I just did a Saturn $25 gift card test drive in March. At that time, I had called Saturn to ask if the gift card offer was available to me, and they quickly emailed me the cert. Now, I got one again. I hope the previous test drive doesn't invalidate me.
    Don't know much about Nav systems, but this one reckons it's 70% off list price - found on Deal of the Day tracker:
    http://www.refurbdepot.com/productdetails2.cfm?Product_ID=5247

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

The catch with a re-furb'd GPS is that the maps are old. $177 plus $85 or so for map updates...you can get a new Mio c310 for $199.

As for BMA, I don't trust them at all because I've heard they tend to send corporate spies to boards like these to lie about their identity to gather information on what their clients know about them. ;)
    Ah... yeah, I had a look around on places like ebay & saw several of similar price, so no fab deal there. And old maps? I can get lost all by myself, thankyouverrrrymuch. Thanks for the tip!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Suzuki has extended their test drive/get gas promo. New date is 07/31/2007.

link
  • im_brentwoodim_brentwood Member Posts: 4,883
    I have a few killer sources for BMW stuff....

bimmerclinic.com (Or bill@bimmerclinic.com)

Buddy of mine who mainly sells on the boards... nobody touches his prices, he retails stuff for less than I can get the same stuff wholesale.
    Don't have them around here, but they have a $5 off when you spend $30 or more coupon deal right now. In store use only.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    Dang it! i was just there this past weekend! arrrgggggg!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Wonder if their hitch prices are as good as etrailer.com. May go check it out this weekend.
    Ever notice that when you do stumble on a coupon, the fine print says it's been effective for a whole month already? Funny how you never find them until a week or three before they expire....
    Valid VIN required (must own an Aura in other words).

While supplies last.

link
    "Chevrolet is presenting a series of six days of public amateur auto racing in six cities around the country in an event it calls "Rev It Up 2007." The "true playground for car lovers" will include a day of performance driving school paired with an amateur competition that gives prizes to the six regional winners."

Chevrolet Invites Public To "Rev It Up" at Competition Days Around the Country

Chevy link

Gotta be 18 with valid driver's license. US residents only. See the site for more details.
    18 and up is a red flag for me, as the lines will be too long.

Most events are 25 to drive. The one I did go that was 18 and up was a Mazda event, and the lines were painfully long.

Maybe the $25 fee will keep lines manageable.
    US residents except FL, NY and RI. Licensed drivers 18 and up.

Toyota Live Web

There's a couple of other contests at the URL I didn't check out.
    tke822, "Land Rover Coupons" #15, 25 Jul 2007 8:04 pm

No guarantees, but it's worth a shot if you are shopping for one.
    I'd rather have a coupon for 1500 pounds off a Land Rover, as I find them too heavy to be much fun nowadays. ;)
    Yeah they are working on that.

Aluminium Range Rover

My sources tell me weight reduction could be as much as 1,200 pounds for the highest curb weight Range Rover. That would take the heaviest Range Rover down to 4,600 lbs or lighter then the new MKX.
    Yeah, the Edge is heavy, too.

Aluminum prices are way up so it'll be interesting to see if they can do that and hold the line on prices.
    "The C Drive is an 11-city driving event that introduces the all-new 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class. It's a great opportunity to get behind the wheel of the latest sedan from the world leader in automotive design and engineering and experience for yourself the higher-performance, increased cabin and cargo room, and more standard features than ever before."

Various US locations. 21 and older and valid US drivers license.

People (brochure requesters?) got invitation numbers but there is a registration process at the site that may get you in.

The C Drive
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    I saw in the paper this morning that if you go to a participating Middle TN Toyota Dealer and test drive a Tundra you get two tickets to Toyota Tundra 200

Nashville Super Speed Way

Hell I would go do it if I didn't have to work that weekend. :D
    Thanks for the heads up. Ironically I did request a C-class brochure and still didn't get invited. :sick:

I'll try to register if they have a stop in DC, as they usually do.

Edit: Not in DC yet, they say Check Back Soon.

http://www.themercedescdrive.com/locations.asp
    (Not for you Juice - you got Nav, lol).

Best Western Hotel Guide and Road Atlas

18 and older.
    Hee hee.

We did a west coast trip and stayed at 3 different Best Westerns. It was pretty cool, I booked all 3 hotels with one single phone call. We did SanFran, Napa Valley, Monterey, Pebble Beach, Big Sur, the works.

Best vacation EVER! :shades:
    Putting on an event for your local car club? Meguiar's donates goodies for prizes or handouts:

Car Club Central

US only.
    Spend $50, get $10 off with this coupon, ends 8/31.

link
    "Museum Day 2007

Museum Day is a nationwide event taking place on Saturday, September 29, 2007, where participating museums and cultural institutions across the country offer free admission to Smithsonian readers and Smithsonian.com visitors. Museum Day celebrates the country’s cultural offerings, allows the dissemination of knowledge and brings Americans together.

Museum Day is open to all Smithsonian readers and friends. Participants must present the Museum Day Admission Card available in the September 2007 issue of Smithsonian Magazine or downloadable via this site to receive FREE GENERAL ADMISSION. The Museum Day Admission Card is valid for you plus one guest and is limited to one per household."

No idea if any car museums are included. :P

link (see link for restrictions)
    Got to rent a car to pick up that bargain at the auto parts store since your rig won't run without it? Join a club and save up to 15%.

Car-Rental Clubs
    Funny thing is all the Smithsonian buildings around here are free already. Air & Space, Natural History, Art Museum, American History, etc. All free. :shades:
    I got a ticket for the local art museum, which has occasional free days, but otherwise is $8. Since the Hyundai sponsored ticket is good for two people, there's a $16 savings.

The Air & Space museum branch at Dulles is free, but the parking is $12!