Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Not from the Weathertech site but from Properautocare.com.

The whole site is 15% off and free ground shipping through May 25, '09, for orders over $50. Never done business with them but I've been to their site before and they look like a good outfit.

I don't think I've ever seen Weathertech on sale before.

Lots of car detailing stuff there too.
    These are at Sears (WeatherHandlers) and are half off for 3 days only. Ends tomorrow 5/31 in other words
    While supplies last - at Tire Rack.
    Literally....

Train Horn Kit for Cars and Trucks!

$50 VISA gift card included with two of the models while supplies last.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Sounds from a 48' Tolly in Desolation Sound at the crack of dawn! :mad:
    Wheels actually (but there are some coupon links there too).

Summer Wheel Clearance at Tire Rack.

Piloti Driving Shoes $29.97 from Sportsmans Guide. Coupon code SH498 to get $5.00 off shipping (through 7/12/09). These are the "club" kind - no Nomex. Regular price is around $90. Limited quantities.
    SUPER-SAVINGS!!!!!: Lexus Offers 20% Off On F-Sport Gear!!!!

I'd snark about the screamer headline but it's from our site. :blush::D

The 20% discount Lexus is offering on F-Sport (Lexus performance accessory line) parts expires at the end of this month. Consumers can print out the attached coupon and take it to their Lexus dealer to receive a 20% discount on purchases on any F-Sport accessory up to $2,000 (20% of a $10,000 purchase).

Lexus recently extended its F-Sport accessories to IS 250C, IS 350C and GS 350 (AWD and RWD) and GS 460. F-Sport is also available for IS 250 (AWD and RWD) and IS 350.

Of course, F-Sport parts carry a warranty. When installed by a dealer, F-Sport parts have a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty OR the balance of the new car warranty at the time of installation (4 years, 50,000 miles) which ever is greater. If F-Sport parts are not installed by a dealer, the warranty is 12 months/12,000 miles.

Link to Lexus' F-Sport microsite.
    Get up to $100 back on a Bridgestone Visa prepaid card by mail when you buy a set of four eligible Bridgestone Dueler tires.

Offer valid August 29-September 26, 2009.

Bridgestone
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I had sticker shock when I went to buy a quart of oil last week - $2.79 for a quart and that was the generic! Yikes.

I did the math and it would cost me more to do it myself vs. use the Goodyear place with the $19.99 special, even with their $3 enrivonmental fee.

My Sienna takes 6 quarts, plus the filter is $8 plus at the local auto supply store, nearly $12 for a FRAM. I found them on-line for about $6 each, and ordered some. So 6 * $2.79 plus $6 equals about $24 with tax.

The tire place said they would not charge the $3 if I recycled the oil filter myself, so I save a few bucks and the labor is free.

Anyone find a bargain please share.
    Oil seems to go on sale a lot too but there's not much listed at FatWallet, except some Pennzoil Synthetic at Walmart on sale (today is the last day). Supposedly a buck a quart after coupons and rebates. link
    I hate waiting for rebates, though, that sometimes don't come.

Hey, remember that $5 gas card from Chevron? My fault for hesitating, perhaps, but by the time I found a Chevron the card did not work. So they mailed it to me, but it either expired, or just did not work. :(

I'll shop Costco and buy by the case, maybe. Can't be more than $33 for a case of 12.
    lol, that's their plan I'm sure. I got a $10 one last week from a memory purchase and I put a reminder in my computer so I'd be sure and spend it. That one from Pennzoil expires in a few months, so you know they are counting on most people forgetting to use the gift card or not bothering to fill out the paperwork in the first place.

Then again, the states are so broke a lot of them are going after unclaimed rebates now under their abandoned property laws.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    >so broke a lot of them are going after unclaimed rebates now under their abandoned property laws.

I'm off to Walmart to buy Pennzoil.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

No bottles with rebates on the cap at my Walmart. Guy working in auto said he hadn't seen any. He would have bought it for himself if he had seen it at $5 per quart.

I wonder if it's in specific zones.

Bummer. There were comments from others that the rebate hang tag forms were missing. Not sure if it was limited to certain areas or not. I just skimmed about 20 comments and they were available in TX but not in CA, for example.
    Had you gone to the Link, clicked on it & then clicked on the rebate form, printed it-

Then you all have it no matter where you live.
    The way I read it was that you had to have the hang tag from the bottle in order to get the WalMart rebate. link. People were griping at FatWallet because they couldn't get the deal without the hang tag. I think they were stacking rebates.

Now I see that there's a separate Pennzoil 5 quart promo going through November too. $15 off synthetic, $10 off SUV oil and $5 off plain ol' dino. (Pennzoil pdf file)
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Thanks for the tip Steve: I just printed the rebate form, went to the Pennzoil web site and found a dealer about three miles from my home in NJ. Just called them and made an appointment. My 2007 Honda CRV is due for it's "second" oil change, so I am going with the synthetic this time. Again, thanks for the tip.

Nortsr
    AdvanceAuto $10.00 off $25.00. Good to 12/31/09. Sweeps link there too for $1,000.

AdvanceAuto

(it's always fun to hear that someone can use one of these tips, Nortsr - thanks)
    FREE three issue trial subscription to Chevy Enthusiast magazine.

Amos Automotive
    I printed the Advance Auto coupon and it's exaggerated in height--too tall for proportions of a coupon.
    Anyone else have trouble?

Printed rebate form couple days ago.

That's as good as the Walmart arrangement for synthetic.

Thanks, bookmarked that. That's the only auto supplier that's really close to me, NAPA and Pep Boys are sort of a hike.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Follow up on my previous post. Went to the nearby Pennzoil dealer yesterday and had the preprinted form (all filled out) with me. Not only got the oil and filter changed, but when I asked "how much for a tire rotation?" the service tech replied "the tire rotation is free" with the oil change.
    Dealer even printed an extra copy of the work that had been done. inserted same in the already addressed envelope and mailed same on the way home. ) (form stated "six to eight weeks" for the check to arrive).
    Sweet - and they didn't even try to upsell you a transmission or brake flush? :shades:
    Advance Auto is sending out email specials (like most outfits I guess).

For September, they have a Pennzoil Oil Change Special for $15.99 with some free Gumout and brake shoes and plugs are on sale. Seafoam too.

They aren't in Idaho so y'all will have to enjoy and report back.

In other news, you can get a Craftsman 204 pc. Mechanic's Tool Set for 87.39+tax (reg 199.99). Here's the how-to link, using Bing cashback and a coupon code. Doesn't state the expiration date in the link.
    Just an update, I was whining about even generic oil costing $2.79 a quart at Advance...and oil filters $8-11 or so.

I ended up ordering the filters on-line - Car Parts Discount had them for $3.65. I paid some shipping but no sales tax.

Then I saw oil at Wal Mart for $9.50 for a 5 quart jug.

That puts the supplies for one change at a little over $13, which is back down to earth. Phew.
    I guess this is about the best price on this gizmo in a year or so:

$139.95. Free Super Saver Shipping.

ScanGauge II (Amazon.com).

Deal could expire at any time.... And then you'll go aarrgh, me hearties.
    Test drive a Cadillac CTS and get a free bicycling jersey.

Expires Sept. 30.

Restrictions apply. linky - pdf file
    Now if we can just find some HEMI and Type R stickers on sale. :shades:

"Imagine starting up your modern, boringly silent car and the interior is filled with the thrilling sound of a powerful Super Sports Car engine…

Shift in the first gear, hit the gas pedal and the driving experience will really excite you! In every phase of driving - accelerating, decelerating, shifting, cruising and idling — the sound is so convincing that it actually fools your senses to believe that you are driving the real thing, a Super Sports Car!"

SoundRacer V10

$39.95 and free shipping using "fatracer" as the coupon code.
    "EPDM belts, installed by original equipment manufacturers on new vehicles since the late 1990s, typically do not show obvious signs of wear, as with Neoprene belts. Cracks and chunk-outs rarely occur, so it is necessary to evaluate belt wear differently. Like tires, EPDM belts wear out gradually, steadily losing rubber material. Gates has developed this Belt Wear Gauge to help you assess wear on these newer EPDM belts. It is simple to use, and will allow you to quickly gauge wear on a multi-ribbed serpentine belt–either on the engine or off."

Gates

Click on the "Free Belt Wear Gauge" button and register.
    There's a $15 rebate on Bosche ICON wipers. The best deal looks to be at Amazon.com, although the rebate supposedly works at other retailers.

"This offer is valid only for Bosch ICON™ Wiper Blades purchased at participating stores from October 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009. Purchase two (2) Bosch ICON™ Wiper Blades and receive $15 by mail-in rebate by return mail. Rebate does not include sales tax. Limit 2... "

AutoZone has a buy one, get one at 50% off after rebate on all wiper blades. (pdf file)
    I posted a similar deal back in March. These things must have a rebate on them several times a year.

Fram coupon (pdf file)

Limit 2, must buy the air filter between 8/30 and 9/21, 2009.
    I typically avoid Exxon stuff so don't pay much attention to their ads. Oil's on sale all the time anyway it seems like - more so than tires even. So I tend to gloss over oil sales.

There's this Shift to Mobil 1 Mail-in Rebate Offer at the official web site. There's another rebate ($10) linked there.
    I wonder if that applies to cabin air filters. Does FRAM make those, too?
    THANK YOU Steve.

The website enabled me to learn that Walmart is roll back pricing a 5 qt. jug of Mobile One to $22. Hope that is across the country for others to get in on it. :)
    I don't recall ever seeing a Fram cabin filter, but you'd think it'd be a good addition to their line.

Euphonium, bigbox stores like Walmart have specials that are sometimes weird and regional. Some people have luck tracking down the store manager and asking them to pricematch a deal that the Walmart in the next state is offering. Sometimes it helps to check their website too.
    I managed to get my current subscription free last year, but I forget how I managed that.

Right now, Tanga is offering a year of R&T for $4.99. Use code ba75 to crank the price down from $12.99.

Didn't look at the details but it's probably US only. Not sure if you can use the code for 3 years either.

I just take it for the comic on the last page. :shades:
    >I don't recall ever seeing a Fram cabin filter,

I saw Fram cabin filters last year when I shopped for my LeSabre's. They have baking soda and a charcoal coated filter. But I was turned off that filters were made in countries I had never heard of instead of US. If I remember the boxes give an address for Fram in US that makes it sound like the filters were made here, but closer inspection determined otherwise. So I bought Purolator which says "Made in US" just like the previous one.

baking soda and a charcoal coated filter

Held in place with Chinese "sheetrock" eh?
    The official Saturn store is selling stuff for 50 to 80% off.

$20 shirts are $5; $75 watch for $25, etc.

Shipping is a bit high, unfortunately, unless you spend more than $25.
    Go to your dealer and get some free Outback Detergent. While supplies last.

It's for clothes, not cars. Go figure. Some dealers may bug you to take a test drive to get your 12 oz. bottle, but it's not a requirement. Just ask for it.

linky
    If you buy $25 worth and keep it long enough I bet that would make for some intersting nostalgia wear 20 years from now.
    My wife happens to be next to me and laughed at that one.

She said she'd only go if she happened to be there.

This is someone who finds all those test drives offers. Detergent is worth a couple of bucks, they've gotta offer more than that.

As a marketing campaign, though, it's clever. Goes back to the Croc Dundee roots, in a way. It probably is more worthy than a Venza or Crosstour in the dirt, even though few will take it there.
    Firestone coupon for a standard oil and filter change, plus free 4-tire rotation. Through 11/10/09.

Not to pick on Firestone, but it's always a good idea to be aware of up-sells and get a second opinion if other problems are found with most of these coupon deals.
    $10 off Mobile 1 with coupon from Costco, valid Oct 15 - Nov 1. Limit 3.

10W30 or 5W30.

Don't ask me where to get the coupon, I'm not a member. Probably in the flyer coming out shortly in the mail. Try the Member Services desk otherwise.

If your Costco has self-scanners, you may be able to print the online coupon and scan that. The print-outs may not work in the "human" checkout lines.
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    Steve,don't be so generous on Firestone ! ;) Of course there are no free lunches anywhere.You can bet that when you go for the so called oil change,your rotors and pads are totally worn,you need new tires and you need a tranny flush/coolant flush/brake flush.
    And if you don't get these done,driving your car can be very dangerous and if you drive it home,the wheels may come off on the freeway.So drive at your own risk. :P Ya,right!!
    Yeah, that kind of stuff never happens at the dealers. :D
    $15 off an oil change, plus free music downloads, or a car care kit. And a driving school contest.

Various restrictions so check the fine print.

Pennzoil Promotions