Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Aware of how much time BO spends in Europe & other parts of the world, your "out of town" guests might include the first family! ;)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I'm taking Barry on an East Coast victory tour for catching Bin Laden...LOL.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2011
    Online Advance Auto Parts $5 off $15 coupon. Code BIG5. Free in-store pickup available.

Mail in rebate on Armor AA via AutoZone. Get something on the rebate list for $3.99 (up to $10) and get up to $10 back. Expires 12/31/11. (pdf link)

Jeep Cherokee Sport Stroller for your kiddo. 45% off at Amazon. $44.00. (link)

Amazon also has a 7 piece microfiber detailing kit; oops, never mind. Price went back up already.
    edited June 2011
    Participating NAPA stores, through 6/30/11. One quart full synthetic, all weights for $4.99.
    The company sounds like it may be having financial difficulty and the mail in rebate takes forever, per the FatWallet posters, but....

Get G-Oil synthetic motor oil for $26 at Walmart (if you can find it at your local store). Send in the rebate, along with the UPC code and receipt. Wait 10 weeks. Limit one per address. 5W30 only.

Starts June 14th so don't buy too early. Ends July 4, 2011.

If you don't plan to use it right away, you'll need to put the oil in another container so you can send in the UPC code.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Just got my second $10 gas card @ CVS today. Both have been for BP though the cashier thought the next batch would be for Shell.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    edited June 2011
    “Edmunds Exclusives” is the first program of its kind to share exclusive offers from car dealers and automakers. Consumers who sign up through Edmunds.com will be able to use the program to cash in on deals for new or used cars they may be interested in buying or for vehicles they have not yet considered.

Consumers can expect valuable cash-back, financing and leasing offers from participating dealers and automakers. The program may also include deals from other auto-specific businesses like dealer repairs and parts, maintenance and body shops, aftermarket audio dealers and auto broker services.

Edmunds.com Announces “Groupon”-like Exclusive Discount Program for New Car Buyers

Only in Miami-Fort Lauderdale at the moment; expanding to select markets over the summer.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    edited June 2011
    Funny thing about this new offer is that we live just north of Lauderdale and will be in the new car market sometime in 2012...wonder how it'll all work. Last week, the wife came in and said her '05 Mazda 3s just hit 90k, the highest mileage on any car we've ever owned...we usually swap out around the 80k mark. The plan was to go till 100k and hopefully we'll do that but not so sure now as they say a motor mount or two are bad. Who knows for sure what she'll do.

Naturally, she will only look at compact or subcompact cars and with the way things are currently, this could be a problem. Hopefully the supply situation will improve by the time we're ready to buy and if all goes according to plan, that would be between Thanksgiving & New Years. I just need to remember about always being 1/2 full and I know things will work out for us so she can get just what she wants.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Why not just make the rebate take 70 years, that way the customer will probably be dead and you won't have to pay it. :D
    lol, life's a gamble eh?

I did get $15 back in the mail today from Ace for some paint I bought. That's almost 4 gallons of gas. :shades:
    And a trip to Le Mans. US only I think, since they ask for a zip code.

Chevy Wants To Give You A 2012 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible and a Trip To the 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans
    Purchase a set of 4 Big O brand tires, get $125 off mail-in rebate. Purchase a set of 2 Big O brand tires, get $50 off mail-in rebate.

Expires: 7/20/2011 11:59:59 PM

Other deals available on "name" brand tires.

link
    edited June 2011
    Lifted from FatWallet:

July 4th 0% for 60 months on Toyota Camry or Corolla with free maintainence (or lease from $169 to $199 month plus start up cost).

Get 0% APR for 60 months on a new 2011 Corolla or Camry.
    0% APR for 60 months.
    Includes Toyota Care.

Offer Ends 7/5/2011.

Check this Toyota link for the fine print/exclusions. (Offer may vary by region, can't stack offer, excludes the hybrid, etc.).
    edited June 2011
    Ace Hardware July 4th deals include:

Rain-X Automotive Wax or Wash, $3.99 each, only 99 cents after rebate. Limit 1 rebate.
    Pennzoil motor oil, $2.49 after rebate.

Starts July 1; while supplies last. should be available online with free ship to store too.

Looks like a sort of similar deal is available at O'Reilly's. Buy one, get one free on Pennzoil synthetic, Rain-X washer fluid, and some other stuff.
    edited June 2011
    Walmart Offers 10-Cents-a-Gallon Gas Savings at Participating Stations Nationwide

Didn't look closely at the details since I'm not near one, but looks like 10 cents off in about 18 mostly Midwestern and Southern states. Individual stores may vary, yada yada. Have to use a WallyWorld card of some sort (gift cards are okay too I think).
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,150
    I suspect this is strongly influenced by the Chase Freedom cards' getting 5% per gallon off starting July 1 through the quarter. 5% of $3.60 nominal price would be $.18 per gallon. Walmart is blocking that by offering $.10 per gallon through their financial tools.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Missed that, and I've been using one of those cards for most of the last year. Have to double check and make sure I'm signed up for this upcoming quarter. Thanks!
    >Have to double check and make sure I'm signed up for this upcoming quarter.

Chase is good about emails and texts if you sign up to remind you of the 5% benefit categories for the upcoming quarter. They also mail a few advert cards.

Hope I reminded some others too who might not have signed up for the "new" quarterly category!

I get the emails and haven't been able to turn off the postal mail. Still doesn't mean I'll remember to do it though, lol. Be nice if it was just automatic.

And I don't think they tell you that you've already enrolled for the quarter, but in any event, I'm good to go through September.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,314
    $80 rebate on a set of 4 Fortera's, plus $80 rebate for using your Goodyear card, plus 0% for 6 months.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited June 2011
    They remind me by e-mail every quarter but still use the post office to send my bills...was an employee for 30.5 years so feel like I owe them!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Safeway gas is discounted $1.00 / gallon after $1,000 purchases.
    .50 / " " 500 "
    One year, for qualifying residents of the 50 U.S. States, Puerto Rico and Washington DC.

freebizmag.com
    edited June 2011
    "The information entered above will be used to provide you with a list of FREE business magazines that you could receive and to send you additional great offers. Magazines for individual use only. Not for resale. For qualifying residents of the 50 U.S. States, Puerto Rico and Washington DC. Your subscription is sponsored by Fandango."

I see the word "could" receive in there. That makes me think it's not definite.

Also they will send you additional great offers. I see lots of spam in my future if I sign up with them.

"Sponsored by Fandango" sounds like a drink? Who is fandango.

edited June 2011
    "Could", as in if they think you are a 16 year old fanboy, they may not want to pay for your subscription. I've gotten these deals before, though not for years now.

But yeah, that's the deal. Buy a magazine, get junk mail. That's why I read most everything online.

FreeBizMag is part of Time Inc. aka Time Warner. Fandango is a movie site owned by Comcast, aka NBC Universal. They want your demographics. :shades:

Some people like getting mail though.
    Having my doubts about this offer...has anyone done it yet?

edited June 2011
    I think the only tricky part of these offers would be an automatic renewal. So long as you pay attention to that, you should be good to go.

If they ask for a credit card, you could ask your bank for a one time use one, and then cancel it after the subscription starts.

The Myth Of Free Magazine (articlesnatch.com)
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    "Sponsored by Fandango" sounds like a drink? Who is fandango.

Fandango sells movie tickets online/via smartphone. http://www.fandango.com/
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    Purchase any Bosch Distance Plus oil filter and receive a $5 rebate.
    Purchase any Bosch Premium oil filter and receive a $2 rebate.

Offer valid April 3, 2011 through October 29, 2011.

Mail in rebates.

link
    Curious to know "What's your favorite and recommended oil filter? I use Mobil 1 oil.
    edited July 2011
    Me? I usually get the $4 Frams at Walmart unless something else is on sale there or at NAPA.

I don't know who supplies their SuperTech, but I usually can get a jug of that for $10.
    edited July 2011
    Craftsman Large or Small Fender Protector $12 shipped from Sears.com.

Sounds like the small one is out of stock already.

large

small
    Free subscription to Super Chevy Magazine.

Another freebie sponsored by Fangango
    A FatWallet poster reports that you can get Quaker State Synthetic 5w-40 European Spec Oil for $4 a quart at Big Lots.

This is an approved oil for Mercedes (229.5 spec) and BMW.

Not sure if every Big Lots has it, but those that do have it on sale through 7/9/11.
    Buy two, get a rebate for one in the mail. 2/1/11 through 12/31/11.

PDF file
    Save up to $40 through 11/30/11.

Mail in rebates. $.50 cents to $2.50 back per plug.

link
  • im_brentwoodim_brentwood Member Posts: 4,883
    If you're using fram filters you might as well not bother changing your oil...

I wouldn't put a fram filter in my ex-wife's divorce lawyer's car. Well, maybe I would....
    edited July 2011
    Nah, they're fine. You think Honeywell is really going to cheap out that much? They probably make the same filter media for all the name brands. Don't see a lot of class action suits out there complaining about them failing and ruining engines either.

I've been using them off and on for over a decade now on my minivan and it just passed 157,500 miles. No brand loyalty though - I'll pretty much buy whatever is on sale this week (hey, we are in the bargains discussion after all. :P )

I can hardly wait to throw a rod so I can tear down the motor and eat off it, like all the oil change hobbyists do. :D
  • im_brentwoodim_brentwood Member Posts: 4,883
    Steve,

Will they cheap out? Oh you betcha.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295635

Suggest ya do some googling... I won't use em.
    edited July 2011
    Just a couple of anecdotal accounts on an internet forum. About as meaningful as my one data point with a dozen years and 150k miles.

And yeah, I've been reading the cut open filter stories for years now.

Same company makes Prestone coolant and Autolite spark plugs and I don't think they are junk either. Most of it is marketing imo.
  • socialstacysocialstacy Member Posts: 2
    OnStar is giving away a FMV Mirror each day throughout July on their Facebook page. This is the link to their FB page. http://on.fb.me/noBxI4

The FMV Mirror is the newest aftermarket technology, and is compatible with almost every make and model, so practically everyone can have OnStar safety and security.
    Bad link?

This looks like it works:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/onstar
  • socialstacysocialstacy Member Posts: 2
    Oh no! You are right. Sorry about that Steve. Try this one. http://on.fb.me/qGMaBy
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Mail in Rebate on a combo purchase of an oil and air filter. $4 to $6 back. Expires 12/31/11.

pdf link
    $5 mail in rebate when you buy a pair of Trico Exact Fit wipers between 7/1 and 8/31, 2011. US only.

Trico Rebate

Note the spammy fine print:

"To the fullest extent allowed by law, by participating in this program, all participants consent to TRICO's collection, use and disclosure of personal information to any third party for the purposes of administering the program and, unless otherwise specified, for consumer research and marketing purposes."
    The discount takes 5% off. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. This discount code expires on October 2, 2011.

Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your order total.

Discount code is:

edited September 2011
    Just in time for winter (create your own SUA event!).

Sears WeatherHandler rubber floor mat sets. $11.99 if you pick them up in the store. Usually $25.

link
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,314
    Most likely not a problem, unless you put them in a Toyota and haven't had the gas pedal trim done. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Actually you shouldn't pile 2 carpets regardless of the brand.

When you insert a set of rubber mats, you should actually remove the carpets first, so there's just one layer.

Set the carpets aside until the cold season is over.