Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I see the image, FWIW.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    No swag (apparently) this time, but " For every participant who test drives a vehicle at the event, BMW will make a donation to the U.S. Olympic Team."

BMW DRIVE FOR TEAM USA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    If you are interested in buying a BMW, you should definitely sign up. Participants are given a $1000 rebate certificate on a new BMW (expires within a few months).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    hahaha.
    Had me for a second. I couldn't figure out the angle, so I had to read the fine print.

The pre-calculated interest in advance amount $61,294.00 based on the 1.20% APY available through May 31, 2012 can only be used towards the purchase of one of four (4) specific Mercedes Benz vehicle models from Crown Eurocars Inc. with a MSRP of $59,585.00 and includes $3,488.34 sales tax, $687.70 delivery fee, $2.50 Florida Lemon Law fee, $6.50 Florida tire and battery fee, $500.00 registration/tag and $24.00 electronic filing fee with a total purchase price, net of $3,000.00 discount, of $61,294.04.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited May 2012
    Someone over at FatWallet calculated the interest generated at another bank would pay for the Mercedes in ~5 years. Not a great rate of return on your million with this deal. Good hook to grab your eyeballs though. :shades:
    I signed up, mostly to sample the new 4 banger turbos from Germany (BMW and the Benz C240 also).
    I'm doing a 328i vs. A4 comparison... June 1st.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    I'm doig the A4/328i comparo. Might yet go with a 328i M Sport mit der stick... ;)

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Cool, I'm June 5 so lemme know what to expect.
    Will do! I'm scheduled for 5/24.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Wow, that's a lot sooner.

At the rate BMW updates engines, we may be driving different cars. :D
    Almost certainly different software... :P

Prolly 2-3 flash updates. ;)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    edited May 2012
    Just remember the time you are scheduled for starts with a product review.
    You get to drive about 20 minutes after that.
    Each group has an X5 towing a trailer.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    The better events tend to be in large parking lots. This is at a dealership so I don't expect too much, but I'm in for the show if they have one.

The last BMW one I attended (in Baltimore at the Ravens parking lot) was a mini-autocross course. Neat.
    I'm pretty sure.. that wherever it is... I'm driving the crap out of those cars.. :)

The Drive for the Cure that they used to do... was on public roads... I always made it a point to never exceed 110 mph..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

These are public road events. I'll see if I can find out if there are any closed course venues.
    I always made it a point to never exceed 110 mph

I admire your discipline. :D

I suspect this event will be on public roads. :cry:
    I know mine will...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

All the events are on public roads.
    Not to surprising considering every dealership is going to get a visit.
    At Oktoberfest 1989 in Keystone CO BMW offered test drives to CCA members. The test route was from the hotel to the top of Loveland Pass and back. Myself and a Roundel columnist(who shall remain nameless) would take cars out at the same time and see who could get to the top and back down in the shortest amount of time. After the third run our spouses refused to ride with us. Funny thing; we never had a really scary moment even though we had a reputation for burning up the test route. On the last test session of the last day a new E30 M3 was totaled, and everyone thought we were the culprits, but we were innocent.
    For once.

edited May 2012
    Techron Fuel System Cleaner, have to get at O'Reilly Auto Parts today. Buy one, get one free.

link
    Advance Auto runs the same promotion every couple of months.

Anyone have the current 5% off coupon code they'd like to share?
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    I just learned about www.autoparts2020.com
    edited May 2012
    "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the date of entry. Void where prohibited. Ends July 9th, 2012. See Official Rules for complete details."

Get the Gift of Speed Sweepstakes

It's not just any Chevy either - it's a Camaro ZL1.
    Yesterday Chevy was at this theme park and handed out T-shirts for anyone who signed up for their mailing lists. It's white with an old school Chevy logo on it.

Just a heads up for anyone else who sees a Chevy stand around anywhere else. All 4 of us got one.
    edited May 2012
    "Starting on June 30 in New York, Ford is offering a free consumer driving event featuring performance training and a timed autocross to participants who simply sign up. "Our fans have expressed extremely high interest in this car, but we know the proof is in the pudding," said Lisa Schoder, Focus ST Marketing manager. "We want ST fans, as well as drivers of competitive vehicles, to be able to taste this car firsthand."

Ford Launches Free 2013 Ford Focus ST Performance Academy (Straightline)

(Don't get too jazzed - all sites are currently full).
    Saw that but I'm out of town that day. Bummer!
    Discount Tires - Buy any set of 4 tires or wheels and get $100 rebate or buy any set of 2 tires or wheels and get $50 rebate. Installed.

Offer valid 29-30 June only.

Some people report that they got the discount even though they didn't use Discount Tire for installation, but YMMV.

link
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited August 2012
    I saw coupons on the necks of 5-quart size jugs at Walmart on Pennzoil products. They had an aisle display as well as the dispensing rack.

$5 off the 5-quart bottle or $1 off up to 5 1-quart bottles.

Instant coupon at register--no mailing.

This Walmart is in West Central Ohio. Your area may vary.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited August 2012
    Good find. I got a jug of SuperTech yesterday for ~$12.50. Might have grabbed the last jug of 5w30. They had squat for choice and nothing on special at the local Walmart here. Hm, I may have overlooked the end caps though.

I haven't done a mail-in rebate for months. They are just too much of a pain unless it's an especially good deal. I really hate getting "gift cards" back.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    I have a Caribou Coffee reloadable gift card. When it drops below a pre-set balance it automatically adds a few bucks from a credit card. I take rebate gift cards into the local CC location when I'm getting a cup of coffee and have them add the balance to my Caribou card. I tell them the exact amount it's good for. No fees or fuss, credit on the Caribou card never expires, it defers the next automatic reload, and I know I'll use it up.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    Automatic withdrawals scare me a bit. Plus I'd lose the card. :blush:
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    >Hm, I may have overlooked the end caps though.

These are square 4 x 4 cards with a rubber band that holds them to the bottle neck. One display was an aisle island in automotive in the main aisle and they had the coupons on the bottles in the slide racks for the oil and antifreeze.

I wonder if it's a zone-by-zone thing when they get shipments in from Pennzoil supplier.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Could be or maybe our stores are just at the end of the supply chain (which could explain why supplies of the store brand seemed thin too).
    I took my mom's Fiesta in for service and got the oil and filter changed plus tires rotated at the dealer for $45, including tax. $63 minus coupon for $18, minus $10 mail in rebate. Also, 5% of the of the top line bill before taxes went into an account that can be applied toward any future service department charges.
    Net is about $32.
    tires rotated

Ah, shoot, I need to do that.... Thanks for the reminder (I think).
    edited September 2012
    I haven't tried this; just grabbed the info from FatWallet:

"If you go to http://www.nfl.com/sweepstakes/gmc and enter to win the Superbowl tickets and GMC vehicle. Sign up with e-mail address, select options on GMC vehicle you like, and enter ame and address info, then a popup will come up giving you a unique GMC code for a test drive worth $50! Write down or print out the code and follow instructions for test drive and redemption."

Turn your sound down before opening the NFL page - you'll have to suffer through some loud talking heads otherwise.
    Give or take a penny. :)

Craftsman Universal Oil Filter Wrench, Auto-Adjustable

Good reviews over at FatWallet, although you shouldn't need a wrench to loosen your oil filter. But mine are hard to get to and this could help.
    although you shouldn't need a wrench to loosen your oil filter

That's what I was thinking.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

The other day I went to rotate my tires for the first time, and I realized the dealer didn't ever give me the key to the lock nuts on my rims! Whoops.

Not with the jack, not in the glove box, couldn't find them. Maybe they forgot?

You think they'll give me a spare set or try to charge me for it?

Any suggestions to remove them? That oil filter tool is obviously too big, but some thing small that wraps around the round-ish lug nut could probably remove it.
    yikes. That sucks. You never know what the dealer will do or want. What car is this? Have you searched online for a key?

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Get a socket that's slighter smaller.

Use a hammer to bang it on.

Apply impact wrench in reverse.

PROFIT!!
    Hmm, lemme see what I have. I think I do have 17, 19, 22, and 23mm sockets. Not a bad idea.

This is the ND Miata. It's my daily but since I drive 2 vehicles the miles on it are very, very low.
    Just thought of something...I have 4 of 'em. What if the socket gets stuck? LOL

I do think I have spare lug nuts. Somewhere in the shed.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Hmm, lemme see what I have. I think I do have 17, 19, 22, and 23mm sockets. Not a bad idea.

Plan on disposing of either the socket or the lug nut.

This is the ND Miata.

Only you Miata gurus know what this means. Pop up lights or not for the rest of us please!!

Or I'll make you go look up my B5.5 Variant is.

:)
    All that and it was a typo. NC Miata. ND is not out yet.

Basically NA meant 90-97, so pop-ups. There was no 98. 99-05 was the NB. 06 to current is the NC.

I've actually heard enough VW codes to know that that is. :D

Funny, I could never memorize that big chemical chart but I know most engine and chassis codes by heart.
    This was a Groupon deal today but it sold out fast.

The Garmin 1450 LMT 5" GPS is available at Walmart for $89.98. Lifetime maps and full warranty.