Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    CHEAP! I should get one for next time, even though I'm not due for a while.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2013
    Hertz is trying to shuttle cars out of state.

Great Low One-Way Rates Out of Florida

Valid at participating locations for pick up between 4/1/2013 and 5/31/2013.

I have a good friend on his way to Florida from Texas right now with his folks, all together in a pickup with a camper shell. I'll make sure he sees this in case he can't take it any more and has to bail out when he gets there. They left yesterday and only made 110 miles so it may be April first before they get to Tampa. :-)
    My wife got a $25 test drive offer on any Mazda.

I may go try a Mazda6 or a 3 SkyActiv. Last time I went to drive a 3 they brought the wrong car! A 2.5l instead of the 2l.

Here's the catch - it was a direct email to my wife. She used to own a 626 but that was years and years ago. I own a Miata and did not get it, go figure.
    Someone over on FatWallet got that offer too; no report on what they may have signed up for to get the offer. The few times I've signed up for info with various automakers, I've only gotten generic "spam" and nothing fun.
    She also got an invite for a Jaguar event and we are not sure how.

Funny thing is I signed up to get info on several lux brands a while ago, including Jag, so no idea why it is going to her.

Maybe because they are launching AWD and they know she has a Forester?
    edited February 2013
    One of these would fit nicely with the laptop station (that I don't have either).

Craftsman Creeper Seat, Mechanics Adjustable

On clearance at KMart, $79.88, down from $140. No free shipping on clearance items though and I don't see a free ship to store option.

And there are lots of "Mechanic's Tool Sets" up to half off and more, next door at Sears online, tonight only. Deals end at 7 am Central Time Monday the 25th.

You can save $2,197 on the Craftsman 136PC Professional Use Mechanics Tool Set. :shades:
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Have already printed mine and hopefully will go over on Wednesday for my test ride. The $25 will be nice to take the wife out for dinner with.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• tmarttmart Member Posts: 2,233
    Isn't the Emerald Club with National, not Hertz? :confuse:
    Good reviews. Was $25, now $9.49 from Newegg
    Yep, my bad. Hertz has #1 Club as I recall seeing. Those "better" cars we do not transport but some of the others did drive some new Mercedes from Tampa to Lauderdale back in December and said they were so sweet! A C300 and a GLK 450 they said...just wish I had been working then! There's 3 vehicles I'm dying to try...the Verano, Sentra and Jetta but so far, these have eluded me but I've let the others know that I would really really like to try these when we do get 'em. Also yesterday I had a new Escape again but a co-worker was saying how much he wanted to try it. So I just gave it to him, didn't matter to me even though they do drive nice and he was thrilled. A little give and take goes a long way. He did have to stop & put some gas into it though which he wasn't pleased about. And I had never done a Equinox yet so I was happy. Prefer the smaller Captiva better though. But the Sirius/XM put me in a great mood and it's so much easier as I don't have to mess with cds or aux cords...not too bad but one has to be careful about leaving stuff in these cars. One lady left her cell...luckily the other group was still there so they retrieved it. One guy left a cushion, another a jacket. And we've has to go back to pick up a phone cord charger once in Orlando already. So now, we have a checklist before we leave any destination to make sure nothing gets left behind.

I miss work today...never thought I'd ever say that again...but I do!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

MIDAS of Richmond, Inc. Donor Appreciation Giveaway 20130

Limited donation dates and sites. Cool deal by Midas.
    edited March 2013
    "If you know someone suffering from Honkaholism, we recommend ordering a free 76 Honk Suppressor™. The state-of-the-art honking alternative was designed by anti-honking professionals to provide you with a perfectly safe substitute to traditional horn honking. What the beep do you have to lose?"

Stop Honkaholism
    Funny.

That should be standard on all cars.
    Oreilly's has a 5 quart jug of conventional oil and a filter for $11.99. 5W30 pictured, didn't drill down to see if other weights were available. Get it and go - no rebate needed.
    edited March 2013
    Bosch Clear Advantage Beam Wiper Blade at Amazon. Good reviews.

"Get 2 Bosch Clear Advantage Series Wiper Blades for only $20. Simply add qualifying products to your cart and the discount will be applied at checkout. Offer only valid on items sold and shipped by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Find blades that fit your vehicle."

It's Amazon so the deal may be gone soon.
    edited April 2013
    RockAuto is having a "Wholesaler Closeout" sale on Trico blades. $4 tops.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    YMMV.

I just checked and Trico is the most expensive they list for my wife's van at $9.16 for the pair. Anco, on the other hand, are $5.25 for the pair.

Its then $8.35 for shipping.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

$3.83 for me for the beam style. Don't really need them now but that is tempting.
    edited April 2013
    Ya, that's no good, shipping kills it. Don't forget the 5% discount - that'll save you fifty cents. :shades: The current discount code is 1389745411380574.
    edited April 2013
    Get 5 quarts of NAPA Full Synthetic Motor Oil and a NAPA Silver Filter for the low price of $19.99.

NAPA

Some restrictions, don't see how long this promotion lasts, but I didn't drill down to the current ad copy.
    edited April 2013
    Mostly good reviews, lifetime maps. One FatWallet poster with one says one of his hangs sometimes doing the sat search. Check the model at Amazon for more reviews. Still seems to be a lot of bang for buck for $50.

YMMV with a refurb. I'm looking at my PC screen on a refurbished monitor and my wife just ordered a refurb iPad, but your tolerance level for chances for getting a clunker may be lower. On the other hand, it's from Best Buy so returns should be easy if it's junk out of the box.

TomTom - Refurbished VIA 1435 GPS
    I had a bad refurb Garmin, so not again.
    Planning on gifting the kids with iPads but am going new as refurbished really scares me. Am so glad that you've had luck with these kind of products but am still not ready to commit.

The Sandman

edited April 2013
    I've even lived more dangerously and purchased a used car before. :-D

There's a big bubble of iPad 3s in the refurb bin at Apple right now and my wife thinks it's because the 4G didn't work in England or Australia as advertised, and the consumer protection agency in OZ made Apple fully refund anyone who complained. It seems that only the "cellular" ones are the deal right now, which would fit with her conspiracy theory.

Her conspiracy theories are famously wrong though, lol.
    That would be good for the 2nd owner, but is still be concerned about the battery, and it's sealed up.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Wasn't the battery replaced when it was being refurbished?

I've seen a couple of videos about open the cases to replace the soldered in batteries in a couple models of GPS's.

I actually one of these mostly for the lifetime map updates. My GPS is a few years old and son's GPS is slightly newer. Main highways for traveling don't change much, but some of the local roads get revamped, so I decided it's time for new.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited April 2013
    I've seen a couple of videos about open the cases to replace the soldered in batteries in a couple models of GPS's.

Be a fun excuse to buy some plectrums or spudgers. I have a heat gun already to loosen the adhesive. And plenty of duck tape to put it back together. :-)
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed the battery life is a few hours for the GPS's I have. And they run down just sitting for weeks or months between use.

So the battery isn't a really important part of my GPS use: it's usually plugged into the aux outlet for power anyhow.

The new colored duct tape is really making expert repairs fun. Allows lots of creativity.

edited April 2013
    I've noticed the battery life is a few hours for the GPS's I have. And they run down just sitting for weeks or months between use.

That's my experience too. Probably not good for them not to be exercised regularly. I used mine in pedestrian mode a lot a couple of years ago on a trip but remembered to power it down at restaurants or attractions and it lasted most of the day.
    edited April 2013
    Meguiar's Deep Crystal Car Wash, 64 fl oz (2 qts)

$2.99 at Sears. Regular price is $4.49. Free pickup in store.
    Sorry, I meant the iPad battery.

I sold a Garmin to a friend and replaced the battery for her. Not too hard, actually. Took 1 cell out of a 6 cell battery from a damaged laptop.

My Refurb would just freeze for no reason. Plus Garmin would only give map updates to the first owner. I returned it since it had a 30 day exchange option.
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, we just got sidetracked on the other gizmo (the "topical" one, lol).

I double-checked with my wife this morning and the refurb iPads get a new battery and a new case. Engraving wasn't an option apparently.

The issue with my Garmin is the little spring loaded "pin" that makes contact with the center of the power port jams and it'll lose power. I have another cord that will work, but it doesn't have the traffic antenna built into it. But I never use that feature either.

I have a dual outlet splitter so I leave the Garmin plugged into it and the power connection usually works okay.
    I have the avoidance off for traffic, but it still warns me.
    Apparently this free trial is for those with used cars with built-in Sirius radios.

SiriusXM

No obligation, no credit card needed, but you have to call to cancel after two months or you'll get billed.
    edited May 2013
    Lousy reviews apparently. :shades:

Mail IN Rebate - pdf file

Have to get it from Walmart, Advance Auto, Pep Boys or Target.

Starts 5/3, ends 5/10.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    I use Rainx Car Wash, but 15 washes for $11.00? No wonder it's free.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    More and more products have a built-in discount. Prices are over-inflated, some times grossly, and then a discount is offered to bring it back down to a price that's still higher than the product it replaced.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    I buy a pint or so sized bottle and it lasts a loooong time.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    "The Illinois E85 Coupon Program was created to provide flex fuel vehicle (FFV) owners the opportunity to try E85 fuel out for themselves. Many FFV owners are not aware that their vehicles are capable of using E85, a renewable and cleaner burning fuel that is made right here in the United States.

Because of this, the American Lung Association in Illinois, General Motors, Ford Motor Company and the Illinois Corn Marketing Board have teamed up to educate FFV owners on the benefits of E85 fuel and to provide them an opportunity to use E85 fuel in their vehicles.

Currently, FFV owners may request a $10.00 coupon by clicking on the coupon located on the upper right side of this page."

Illinois E85 Coupon Program

Supposedly it's Illinois residents only although that disclaimer must be buried pretty good.
    Usual disclaimers about being spammed for life. :shades:

freebizmag

Titles include Automobile Digitial, Chevy HP Digital, Diesel Power Digital, Motor Trend Digital, Dirt Rider and Hot Bike. And more.

Not sure if the digital ones give you more that you can find online....
    > Reburbished TomTom VIA 1435 GPS

I bought that one. I wish I'd bought two. Lifetime maps. Used it for road trip to Michigan. Like it for my needs.

edited May 2013
    Cool.

There's a different 5" model at tigerdirect.com for $64.10, including $4.11 shipping with a $10 coupon code of TCO91606. But apparently the coupon is dead already, so call it $75. :sick:
    Napa sent me an email that Mobil 1 synthetic is currently $5.99/qt. I can't see the price on their website, so I guess you'd have to visit a store to confirm.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited June 2013
    Must be some promotion money out there. Saw an Autozone flyer that has 5 quarts of Mobil 1 Extended Performance Synthetic plus an Extended Performance Oil Filter for $31.99. (pdf link).
    edited June 2013
    Mobile 1 is at Walmart for about $22.47 . I usually buy Penzzoil Platinum full synthetic at about the same price.

Cheap - that's only $10 more than the SuperTech I usually get. :shades:
    That was 5w-30. Since Mobil1 showed up with special versions of 1, I recall the price for the regular synthetic went down, competing better with the couple of others 5 quart bottles on the shelves.

$22.47 for .... ? a case??

$22.47 for 5-quart bottle. ;)