Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    Sorry to hear about the quality of your bag.

Good thing I ordered golf balls .. kinda tough to screw those up from the factory.

(BTW, I got an email stating that my order shipped on Friday, so I'm hoping to get them in the next day or so)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I hope they are not a smaller than expected size! :surprise: :D
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's a trick I learned filling up the Outback at my local grocery today.

Gas here is a few cents cheaper with a grocery "preferred" card that you swipe. I never carry mine but usually you can key in a four digit code written on the pump followed by your phone number and get the discount that way.

Today the pump was fighting me so the attendant told me just to punch in the four digit code over and over until it wouldn't accept any more (11 digits in my case). That worked fine.

So the next time you are at a station but don't have an affinity card for that brand, try punching the "forgot my card" code in over and over.

And be sure to let me know if this trick works in your area. :shades:
    What station is that? :confuse:
    Well, as sure as I post that it was an Albertsons, this post will turn up in their daily Google scrape and they'll go fix the pumps. So I'm not going to post what station. ;)
    OK, I understand. ;)
    Google TiSp

Sick of paying for broadband that you have to, well, pay for?

Introducing Google TiSP (BETA), our new FREE in-home wireless broadband service. Sign up today and we'll send you your TiSP self-installation kit, which includes setup guide, fiber-optic cable, spindle, wireless router and installation CD.

http://www.google.com/tisp/

US & Canada only.
    Reserve your very own new 2008 smart fortwo for $99.

"The Reservation Program will open to ALL smart enthusiasts beginning April 2. If you would like to become an Insider – register today! Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation notification and a special invitation e-newsletter with the link to the Reservation Program. Please note, this program is specifically designed for smart enthusiasts, so brokers and dealers are excluded from participating in the $99 Reservation Program."

smart usa

Pricing for the smart fortwo is expected to start under $15,000 when it arrives in the first quarter of 2008.
    Top-quality images of cars and trucks taken by professional automotive photographers are on sale with a coupon. 20% off through April 30.

Check your April CarSpace Newsletter for the coupon code or zap me an email and I'll share mine. ;)

Inside Line Photo Store

That was pretty elaborate. I'm impressed they went through all that trouble.

Watch, someone will want to sue. :sick:
    Yeah, someone will poop on the idea....
    "In partnership with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, BMW organizes an annual event, The Ultimate Drive®, to raise money for breast cancer research. It's your opportunity to test drive a BMW, and show your spirited support."

It looks like the event starts in May (just spot checked a few zip codes) for the East Coast and works its way west - use your zip code to see if and when an event is coming to a dealer near you. Licensed drivers 21 and older.

BMW donates $1 for every test mile driven - $10 million since the event started in 1997.

Ultimate Drive
    Get a free 40 point inspection of your Honda:

Honda Owner Link

If you own a Nissan you probably got a similar offer in the mail (no web page). But it's a 100 point check (and don't ask me if there that much more stuff that can wrong on a Nissan, lol).

If the dealer finds something wrong (gee, what are the odds :shades: ), you can always take the info to your regular mechanic for a second opinion.

I got the Nissan offer but I'm afraid that if I take advantage of it, I'll have to go post in the Help! Repairs cost more than the car is worth!! discussion.
    The Saab Club of North America and Saab Automobile USA have teamed up to offer US Saab enthusiasts a helping hand with making travel arrangements to attend the 2007 Saab Festival in Trollhattan, Sweden, scheduled for June 7-10. This year’s festival is extra special because the 60th anniversary celebration of Saab as a car maker will be an integral part of the festivities.

saabhistory, "SCNA & SCUSA 2007 Saab Festival Travel Program for U.S. Residents" #1, 6 Mar 2007 4:14 pm
    Try any DuPont™ Teflon® Car Care product FREE (after mail-in rebate). Offer good only in the U.S. and Canada for purchases made at a qualified DuPont™ Car Care retailer. Offer good only while supplies last. Promotion Dates: March 1, 2007 through September 30, 2007.

DuPont™ Car Care Latest Offers
    $5 off coupon (good for up to four admissions) for the Henry Ford Rogue Tour in Dearborn Michigan. Includes the F-150 assembly plant walking tour (but see the FAQ on the site for closures). Click on Special Offers and Promotions on the link below for the coupon:

Ford Rouge Factory Tour
    I may do that if I ever make it back to NAIAS.
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    If you are in the market for a Ford and there is an Auto Show in your area go to the show and go to Fords booth to register for a $500 rebate. They will take your info and
    email you a coupon # good for a $500 rebate over and above other programs.
    In case you've never heard of the GM in the Driveway certificate, they are still available.

GM in the Driveway is a GM program that gives GM suppliers two coupons every month to give away to friends. You can save up to 10% off MSRP depending on the car. Not all dealers accept the certificate and some GM cars/trucks may be excluded - ask your dealer. Check this discussion for certificate requests:

Hummer H3 GMID

The certificate is tied to the last four digits of your social security number and is good for six months. Please don't request one until you are pretty sure you are buying.
    "Dash Express is the first Internet-connected automotive navigation system to hit the streets"

Dash Express

Unfortunately you have to give it back after the six monthtest period. 18 and older, US drivers.

2,000 testers will be picked.
    "This contest requires the submission of an essay and photo to participate, and your vehicle must have over 75,000 miles on the odometer. To enter, go to http://www.castrol.com/us, click on the “GTX High Mileage Mega Miles Makeover” link, and follow the directions to submit your essay and photo.

The Grand Prize Winner will receive an automotive renovation valued at $25,000 for the vehicle described in the essay and $6,000 cash which can be applied to applicable taxes and cost of a rental vehicle during the renovation."

US only, 18 and older.
    Looks interesting, but I want more specs on the unit itself. The web site focuses solely on the services.

How big is that screen? Does it provide voice instructions? Battery power?

It's almost like they're promoting GPS for people that never used a GPS before.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    I applied to test it out. Free is free!

-mike
    Good point, mike.

I can always ask for my money back! :D
    GPS for people that never used a GPS before

That would qualify me, but I probably don't drive enough to make the cut. Although I have a special talent for getting lost when I do hop in the car. :P
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Out where you live?

Does the GPS take directions like: 3rd sycamore tree on the left? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah, but there's 500,000 people out here now in the Boise "metro" area and they all are planting sycamores (me included, lol).
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    Wow. That's gonna take a lotta counting trees for each turn then!

Instead of the 3rd sycamore on the left, it'll be "turn after the 36th sycamore on the left".. :P
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Haaa and we have no Sycamore trees here at all!

-mike
    Y'all just call them London planetrees, and they are the most common tree in Brooklyn (link). :shades:
    Terms and Conditions : Offer valid until April 27, 2007, and while supplies last. Limit of one free emergency kit per household. To be eligible for this offer, you must be a member of one of the employer groups that endorse TD Insurance programs.

link
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    Wow. I love these forums. You learn something new just about every day!
    We did the Saturn test drive yesterday. I'll put the post card in the mail and report back when I get the $25 gift card.

Bummer, though, the Mazda one expired before I got a chance to use it. I drove a CX9 anyway.
  • asafonovasafonov Member Posts: 401
    Bummer, though, the Mazda one expired before I got a chance to use it. I drove a CX9 anyway.

I did stop by a Mazda dealership to get the form signed - decided not to waste the salesperson's time with a test drive, since we are likely to buy early late this year (if that.) It's been three weeks, have not gotten the card yet but it is supposed to be 6-8 weeks.
    Here's my review if anyone wants to see my impressions:

ateixeira, "The Forums Test Drive Team" #192, 12 Apr 2007 11:12 am
    Good reviews at Crutchfield. "Last year's model" or something. $56.99 and free shipping. Retail is around $100 most places.

"Special closeout pricing on this Polk Audio speaker! Very limited quantities available."

CarDomain Store
    XL7 Adventures

Bit of a flaky Flash? site. One entry per day. 48 contiguous US states only, 18 and older.
    Just in time for the summer driving season - are we there yet?

Go to freeroadmaps.com, choose your state, province or territory and get easy links to free maps and tourism guides for the part of the USA or Canada you want to visit.
    With the proliferation of GPS systems, they can't give them away. :D Literally. ;)

If you have a BlackBerry, download BlackBerry Maps, also free. It's like having Mapquest in your hands at all times.

Still not nearly as convenient as a GPS, though.
    Vacations With An Edge Sweepstakes

Win a trip for 2 to DR, PR or WY.

18 and older, 48 contiguous US states and DC ('bout time for AK, HI and PR to revolt over this 48 contiguous states hogwash btw).

One entry, contest ends 10/3/07.

If you accept email from Ford, maybe they'll send you a test drive freebie. ;)
    I've always wanted to go to Peurto Rico so why not?
    "56-page guide covers nine major service occasions and 12 component groups of the vehicle, plus service intervalrecommendations, a maintenance log and much more."

To order e-mail your name and address to the Car Care Council using the email link on the page.
    "56-page guide covers nine major service occasions and 12 component groups of the vehicle, plus service interval recommendations, a maintenance log and much more."

To order e-mail your name and address to the Car Care Council using the email link on the linked page.
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    They are also giving away an Edge to one person in every state plus one garage make over. You have to have a story though

link title
    General Motors is inviting consumers to participate in a unique driving experience. It's an opportunity for you and your guests to experience most of General Motors' vehicle lineup first hand. Free!

Valid driver's license with a photo (no paper driver's license) and be at least 21 years of age to drive the vehicles.

Friday - Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.4/27 - 4/29

Location - The Palace of Auburn Hills, MI.

See the web page for details and registration:

AutoShow in Motion
    Contest for Jeep owners - must have purchased your Jeep before 4/16 to enter the contest.

Win a $1,000 Gift Certificate and a Jeep Camping Kit from Jeep Gear.

48 states, contest ends 8/24/07.

Dodge has a similar contest to win a bike.

Chrysler's contest is a golf vacation. Same deal - have to own a Chrysler before 4/16 to enter.

Or you can enter a Buick contest and get to meet Tiger Woods. (50 states/DC; enter by September 30, 2007, no GM car ownership required).
    Will they have other locations?
    Didn't sound like it. Would be sweet though!
    Yeah, I passed up on it before, but their cars are a lot more interesting nowadays.