Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Accessories

2»

Comments

• cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    badself is correct.
    Look at this: http://www.mazdaparts.org/inac6.html
    The front set consists of two, the rear set consists of four. You should go to your dealer and ask for the other two for the 3rd row.

BTW, that website has the lowest price (including shipping) if you intend to buy other accessories. Some other site might have better price, but if you factor in the shipping, it usually comes out a better deal.
  • tjandra168tjandra168 Member Posts: 1
    I'm expecting to receive new CX9 2008 in 2-3 weeks time. Mazda in my country does not include the Power Side Mirrors. So, anybody can help where I can buy the whole set of side power mirror with heated or non heated including installation manual if possible.
    Thank you
  • investigator1investigator1 Member Posts: 8
    Do you know what I would need to carry two kids' bikes (16" wheel size, I think) -- should I get the tow hitch installed when choosing options? Thanks!
  • lmaddielmaddie Member Posts: 4
    I have just purchased a 2008 CX9 Touring with the Bose 6 CD changer. I was concerned about my wifes MP3 (Zen) player working with the radio. We brought it with us and it worked fine. You can control the volume on the steering wheel but not control the MP3 player. In order to control the MP3 player you have to install the iPod Interface Adapter. I got a quote from the dealer for $893.01, $490.00 in labor, $349.20 in parts, misc $25.00 (???) and $28.81 in taxes. There is no way I could justify that. From reading previous post the display bar wouldn't be any better than the display on the iPod itself.

I just wanted to post to let anyone know that's what it would cost me to get it done and I don't think that it is worth it.
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    $490 in labor? This is not a 5 hour job. Clearly, that dealer does not need/want any work.
  • debbiedldebbiedl Member Posts: 1
    did you ever find a source for vent visors??

-deb
  • vikefan7vikefan7 Member Posts: 8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So does anyone know, from experience, if the Yakima Low Rider will attach and stay on the factory roof rack for the 2008 CX-9? It looks like Yakima has not tested this application because it's a dealer install or some lame excuse like that. Their suggestion is to get the Control tower and a certain landing pad, but you can only use that without the roof rack. I have not purchased the roof rack yet, but plan on doing so if I can make this work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is really going to piss me off if I have to go spend $300 to have a rack system. I already have the Q towers and the Low Rider set up for Yakima and I really don't want to go buy yet another tower type.

Thanks.
  • jcpharmjcpharm Member Posts: 92
    i have a roof rack (complete with dealer-installed crossbars) in my CX-9 GT AWD. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good cargo box (Yakima, Thule, inno, etc.) that is easy on the budget but is durable and easily attaches to the roof rack? i am not the most DIY-saavy guy so ease-of-installation is important. Just want enough room to carry a few extra things for long trips/vacations. Thanks!
  • howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    This just in....

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09E011000

Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
    MAZDA / CX-7 2007-2009

MAZDA / CX-9 2007-2009

MAZDA / MAZDA3 2004-2009

MAZDA / MAZDA5 2006-2009

MAZDA / MAZDA6 2003-2009

SUBARU / FORESTER 2009

SUBARU / IMPREZA 2008-2009

SUBARU / IMPREZA STI 2008-2009

SUBARU / IMPREZA WRX 2008-2009

SUBARU / OUTBACK SPORT 2008-2009

Equipment Brand Name / Part No. or Model No.: Production Dates:
    THULE / 3068 JAN 01, 2008 - FEB 28, 2009
    THULE / 3069 JAN 01, 2008 - FEB 28, 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09E011000
    Summary:
    THULE, INC. IS RECALLING 2,323 OWNER-INSTALLED ROOF-MOUNTED FIT KITS, MODELS 3068 AND 3069, MANUFACTURED BETWEEN JANUARY 1, 2008 AND FEBRUARY 28, 2009 THAT ARE USED WITH THULE PODIUM FOOT PACKS, MODELS 460 AND 460R. THESE FIT KITS WERE SOLD AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR USE ON THE VEHICLES LISTED ABOVE. THE BOLT(S) USED TO SECURE THE FOOT TO THE VEHICLE WAS MANUFACTURED TO A HARDNESS THAT MAY CAUSE THE BOLT(S) TO BE BRITTLE AND POTENTIALLY BREAK UNDER STRESS.
    Consequence:
    THIS MAY RESULT IN THE BOLT(S) SNAPPING OFF DURING USE OR WITHOUT A LOAD. THE UNSECURED RACK AND LOAD CAN THEN COME LOOSE WHILE DRIVING CREATING A POTENTIAL ROAD HAZARD, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
    Remedy:
    THULE WILL MAIL A RETRO FIT KIT ALONG WITH REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS TO OWNERS FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE APRIL 13, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT THULE TOLL-FREE AT 1-800-238-2388.
    Notes:
    THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO THULE AFTERMARKET ROOF MOUNTED LOAD CARRIERS AND HAS NO RELATION TO ANY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED ON THE LISTED PASSENGER VEHICLES. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV
  • rabadashrabadash Member Posts: 11
    You probably won't hear this recommendation from others, but we've been hugely pleased with Kanga's Hurricane carrier. It's a soft but weatherproof carrier, and comes in 11 and 14 cu. ft. models. We've had ours for over ten years and we favour it over the popular rigid products for a number of reasons: It's more aerodynamic, quieter on the highway, load flexible, and when you're not using it, you can just pack it right back into its box, taking up little room in the garage or at destination. The other advantage to it is that the manufacturer provides straps and brackets to allow installation on vehicles with or without roof racks. As our CX-9 and former Pathfinder had roof racks, we just strapped both ends quickly to the cross members and hit the road. Ours also has a folding, semi-rigid base that goes inside of the hurricane, and prevents any possibility of cargo damage to the roof. In short, adaptable, just like the CX-9. Hope this helps.
    thanks rabadash!
    i wasn't even looking at soft cases....are they durable? my concern is that stuff could shift weight easily and throw off the center of gravity of the car in motion moreso than with a rigid. any other opinions out there?
  • nuzynuzy Member Posts: 54
    I don't think you need to worry about that. They strap down pretty tight.

I have a soft top carrier and the biggest issue I have with it is that if you are taking a trip and need to stay overnight at a hotel, they are easily broken into with a utility knife. You can, of course, unload the whole thing, but that takes time. Outside of that though, I like all the advantages mentioned above.
  • mindleftnumbmindleftnumb Member Posts: 10
    "Do you know what I would need to carry two kids' bikes (16" wheel size, I think) -- should I get the tow hitch installed when choosing options? Thanks! "

I'm very interested in recommendations for this as well....
    The factory hitch has 2 1/4" opening. After-market hitches have 3" opening.
    Most bike racks come with adapters for 2 1/4->3 or vice versa.
    Factory hitch only comes with TOW package (unless you ask dealer to order the part and install it at dealers). The factory hitch is more expensive (~$200).
    However, aftermarket hitches can be had for $150 shipped. Installation only takes about 30 minutes with torque wrench.

The factory hitch is better integrated within the bumper. Aftermarket one sits below the bumper.

To carry bikes only, you definitely don't need the TOW package. :)
  • imamgimamg Member Posts: 136
    I have a soft case I use for our Cx9... they work great. once you strap things down tightly... they don't move.
    The factory is actually an 1 1/4, with the next size up being 2 inches.
    Low riders do indeed work... I used the original cross tops on mine that I kept from our MPV. If you already have the side rails... and previous yakima accessories... then for sure go for the low rider towers.
    I stand corrected. 1 1/4" and 2". :)
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Has anyone seen these? They are similar to the CX-7 as they have fixed mounting for use without the rails. I happen to have a set I no longer need.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I can report that Yakima EZRiders do not work with the CX-9 factory roof rails. They do not seem to open wide enough to grab around the bottom of the rail. I was able to get them to grab inside the slot in the rail but I'm not sure the rail is strong enough on the inside of the slot to make this safe.
    Here's what I know... The ones we used on our MPV from before... work on our CX9... I know too that I did have to take the claw all the way off the mount it onto the rack/rails... it's not the most convenient way but... it does work... we used the 58inch bars from before with the setup. Yakima does not list it (we're a Yakima dealer also). ">
  • tripl3threattripl3threat Member Posts: 8
    Just received and installed roof rack crossbars, all weather floor mats, cargo cover (short) and cargo net. Purchased from Mazdaparts.org for $350. All installed in under an hour - no surprises, no problems. All genuine mazda parts, and of same quality as rest of the car (above average). Cargo net is extremely versatile - and can be used in several different ways - envelope style, as well as floor net in both the 3rd row seat up and down positions. The rear cargo mat does prevent easy access to the two hidden cargo areas, but will keep the mud out of the car, so I will deal with that.

Two thumbs up for Mazdaparts.org and their free shipping, and Mazda for the reasonably priced (compared to my Honda) and high quality accessories. Oh yeah - for $5 i had them toss in a can of touch-up paint.
  • horseygirlhorseygirl Member Posts: 13
    Love my '08 GT....but...have had issues with my cargo cover. :mad: I had to replace 4 times because the roller didn't work. Either too tight and didn't open or got slack and wouldn't close. :confuse: Finally got one that seemed to be okay but now has lost its' springability to fully spring open....again..... It sags :cry:

No, I do not abuse it and am very gentle with it. ;) Just wondering if they have perfected it or if you have experienced the same issue? I hope not!! Although time will tell!!
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    What exactly is Package 1CD? It says it's a 6 CD Changer (ok, obvious) with a 4.3" Multi Information Display w/rearview camera.

I've never heard of a review camera without a Navigation system, but apparently this has it.

So, without a Navigation system, what else does this MID display when you aren't backing up?

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally figured it out. It's a little display inside the rear view mirror.
  • howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    Sorry, but the GTS with the power rear lift-gate doesn't have that as an option.
    I guess that is saving me some frustration.
    i doubt one could fit a 4.3" display in a rearview mirror :surprise:
  • wkdaviswkdavis Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking at the CX-9. I can't justify 1,900 bucks for a GPS that is not going to be as good as my Garmin portable... but I also can't get over how bloody ugly the center console is without the NAV.
    So, the 4.5" MID is the middle ground. It comes with the Bose Audio & Moonroof, but without the Nav. And it does provide the backup camera....
    ... BUT... no one has a clue what it looks like. I have called several dealers, and written Mazda an e-mail requesting a photo and a spec sheet on what its "Multi-Functions" are... It sounds like the right answer, but I can't for the life of me find any info about it.
    I'm surprised that Mazda does not follow boards like this to answer questions.
    you're absolutely right...the NAV is no better than a garmin. the MID will give you touchscreen access to your audio output (CD/aux/XM sat/blue tooth/FM AM) as well as some other bluetooth features (you can control via touchscreen and voice-activated)....how much cheaper is the MID WITHOUT NAV than with NAV? i can't imagine it's that much cheaper....
  • carseekernycarseekerny Member Posts: 1
    Have a 2009 CX9 with the Assistance Package for which I am looking to buy a Cargo Cover.

Unfortunately the cargo covers I have managed to find state that they are unsuitable for models with the power liftgate option. I was hoping for any suggestions on where to find a cargo cover that is compatible with the power tailgate.

Thanks
    None exists as far as I know. :(
    OE GPS has some advanges for a whole lot more money.
    - takes speed input
    - take steering angle (from gyro sensor) input
    With both, the OE GPS can extrapolate your current position as much as possible in the event/at the locations when SAT signals are not sufficient (such as in tunnels, in parking structure, on forest trails, among tall buildings, etc.)
    Agree, it is very expensive. If you take out the extras that come with the Assist package, the GPS costs about $800. (backup camera costs a lot also if you ask dealers to install one for you - even just the mirror type). The OE camera costs about $300-400 from dealers.

In addition, the cheapest map update for OE GPS is $199, while your portable GPS' maps can be updated for much less money ($49?).
  • nikolay23nikolay23 Member Posts: 11
    Hello,
    Does anyone know if it is difficult to install roof rails on this car. Does it require anything special? I see 3 closed plugs on each side on the roof. I am thinking to buy them and install myself.
    Any good web site to get them?

Thanks in advance
    Very very very very easy. Anyone who can operate a screw driver can do it in 10-20 minutes. Watch out for the covers. Don't break the tabs on the inside when putting them on. It would be nice if you have a torqued screw driver, but it is really not mandatory.

I bought mine from mazdaparts.org (a Mazda dealer) with free shipping (which is important since those things are long)
    Compare the price with waynemazda.com also. Sometimes one is cheaper than the other if you factor in the S&H.
  • njpathfinder28njpathfinder28 Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone know where I can find the installation instructions for the 2010 CX-9 fog light installation.

I have the 2007-2009 version, but I'd like to see the 2010 one.

Thanks.
  • vg33e powervg33e power Member Posts: 314
    Go into any Mazda dealer and ask for them, they will print them out for you at no charge or you can call and ask them to fax them to you.
    2010 or else.
    You need to take the bumper off.
    That makes it complicated.

And, think about the fact that you will have to put everything back on.
    :sick:
  • njpathfinder28njpathfinder28 Member Posts: 16
    Taking the bumper off doesn't really bother me, I can do it. And yes, I can put it back on correctly.

I just wanted to know if the 2010 is any different than the other years.

The dealer I bought the car from, told me it would cost around $700, installed, for fog lights. Since the parts are $599.23 (list), that's not a lot for labor charges. So maybe the 2010 has more pre-installed (such as the wiring harnesses?) than the other years?

For perspective, one dealer wanted $450 for roof rails, yep $200 to install them!
    Parts are about $490 (for both fog lights) here.
    www.mazdaparts.org (free S&H)
    There are other places that go even lower in price.
    I think near $460 is possible.
    Try www.waynemazda.com.

If you can install them, go right ahead.
    Mazda accessories usually come with installation instructions.
    Not sure about "parts".
  • davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    So I've had my all weather mats now for 11 months and the driver's front mat has generated a hole where my heel rests while my foot is on the accelerator. I called a Mazda dealer because I know that most genuine Mazda Parts/Accessories have a 12 month warranty...BZZZ wrong, not the mats, according to the parts advisor on the phone Mazda does not cover them because it is a "normal wear item". I am sorry, but I have had all weather mats on a previous Honda Accord and a Nissan Frontier, that by the way, saw many many trips to the desert and offroading trips and neither generated a hole on them. I think its Mazda's poor choice of choosing a company to make these all weather mats that are made of this soft compound instead of real rubber or at least a more durable material.. :mad: Either way I am SOL...
  • uffdahuffdah Member Posts: 1
    Have a 2010 CX-9 with GPS. Big waste of $$$$$ It cannot find a Home Depot in the three statres I tried. Also the night feature is already gone bad in on 2000 miles. My garmin at $200 is so far superior. It is impossible use when moving. You need to stop to put in a new destination unless it is a POI of which the selection is scarce. I tried to find a Costco near where I live in the unit and it sends me 25 south when there are three much closer. Save your money.
  • mrnadirmrnadir Member Posts: 28
    Hi all,
    I just got a rear view camera kit installed in my sport. Very dumb of mazda not to prewire the car for the camera. Anyway the installation instructions talk about routing the video wire from the front to the back lift gate. To get to the back lift gate, the wire has to be routed through a rubber grommet at the top. Now the instructions warn about not removing the rubber grommet but rather using a fish tape to route through the rubber grommet hole without removing it. I guess to make installation easier, the dealer installer removed the rubber grommet and put it back. Unfortunately the installation instructions were right and the rubber grommet did not form a tight seal when the rubber grommet was put back. Does anyone know how to put the wiring rubber grommet back once its been pried off? Its at the back of the roof and all the rain water flows over it so any gaps will make rain water to get inside the rear gate.
    Any ide how to fix this? The dealer is still trying to figure out how to fix this. Would a new rubber grommet fix this? but that would require removal of a lot of wires which probably will cause more problems. Can I just use a bit of silicone glue?
    Thanks in advance!
    The fact that the navigation system still runs off a DVD rom whould have given you a hint :)
    DVD rom based nav systems are so 2005
    Silicone the perimeter of the rubber grommet.
    "Silicone the perimeter of the rubber grommet. "
    Thats what I was thinking too. Any particular brand you would recommend? It has to be flexible and has to stick to car paint and the rubber grommet. There are just too many silicone sealants available in the market!
    I have never used it myself but DAP makes one that is Automotive/Marine grade. Item #00694
  • novice_kpnovice_kp Member Posts: 6
    Anyone has experience buying accessories from www.buyourmazdaparts.com? I am thinking of getting floor mats, cargo net/tray. I have not found anywhere cheaper than this dealership. Anyone has some other places to suggest?
  • cx9zoomcx9zoom Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010,cx9 and checked everywhere to find a siruis radio that would work, I was told I good get a aftermarket and attach it somewhere. I wanted the Mazda radio.. I made a deal at the dealer for the radio and the install. I paid @90.00 for the radio and kit toi install and 285.00 for installation.. They have to take the dash completely apart... The sport has the SAT button already on the dash.... I love it, it works great, plus you get 6 months free service from mazda.
    The vehicle has been great so far. I also went and had a aftermarket side molding put on and a trailer hidge....
  • cx9zoomcx9zoom Member Posts: 2
    My 2010 mazda sport has cloth front heated seats and I would like to know if anyone who has one have had to clean there seats and if there is a special cleaner because of the heated seat.. Are the heat elements protected so you can just get a cleaner or is there something recommended for them. Thanks, T
  • tantornadotantornado Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any CX9 car cover recommendations/stories?