Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Azera Shortage -- Can't Find One!

goldie305goldie305 Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
I have been looking for an Azera Limited -- Ultimate package with black interior in North Georgia-Tennessee. No one has had one! Dealers around here stock 1-3 Azeras at one time.

Comments

• Options
    floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    Have you asked them to use their locator system? This will pinpoint deliveries of your desired combo to all dealers within a specific area.
  • Options
    gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    I have to wonder if they've gotten past the union problems in Korea, or if there're still strikes hampering production?...
  • Options
    dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    Re. # 1: Well, you could buy one here where I did in So CA, observe the 1,200 mile break-in recommendation driving East and when you hit Dallas, open it up a little more on the way back to Dalton.
  • Options
    The local dealer and online services claim to be trying to locate one for me.

One was found in New Mexico. I guess I'll have to wait...
  • Options
    willie11willie11 Member Posts: 14
    I purchased a new 07 Azera, ultimate package, at a dealer h Green Bay, Wi. where I live. He had some in stock but not a lot. The color my wife wanted was not in stock but they located one in Northern illinois and it was delivered to our local dealer. I am currently in the Orlando area visiting. We drove down here last weekend and did not see one Azera on the way down. So far have not seen any here but maybe we will before we head back to Wisconsin in a month. I keep looking for them.
  • Options
    pahefner01pahefner01 Member Posts: 202
    My dealer in St. Louis, Suntrup Hyundai, said there would be no problem in getting the color and features I wanted. The would either have it carried to them by truck or would send someone to drive to a dealer and drive it back for me. They thought they would have to send him to Kansas City but one arrived within the metro area and they wound up sending a carrier to the other dealer to pick it up. It had 3 miles on it when I took ownership.
  • Options
    RE: 6
    The looking really is not necessary. The locator system can tell you which dealers received the combo that you desire. It does not tell you if that dealer has sold the vehicle that they received or are going to receive in their current allocation.
  • Options
    I appreciate the helpful input. Why are dealers carrying so few Azeras. Long Hyundai must have 50 Sonatas and 2 Azeras!
  • Options
    RE: 9
    The local dealership in my area { West Palm Beach, FL} had a pretty large inventory the last time I was there.
  • Options
    Florida has 'em! Gettel in Sarasota has 21 Azeras, 9 2006's, 13 2007's...

http://gettelhyundai.com/Default.aspx?page=new-inventory

Click on "Model" choose "Azera"...
  • Options
    joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Sonata being the volume seller of the two.
  • Options
    judgmentbuyjudgmentbuy Member Posts: 27
    In San Jose, CA, I've been everywhere and rarely see a Hyundai, and have never seen an Azera!
    Been looking for months. When I have more bucks I'll look at a Hyundi dealer - I bet I'll see one there!
  • Options
    jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    They are just so damn precious to us owners, that we hate to get them dirty. And, of course, when we do get em out, the crowd around them makes them difficult to see.

Like having an incredibly beautiful wife, some of us Azera owners are just so jealous that we hate to let her be seen in public. WOO HOO tho, you should see what goes on the garage.
  • Options
    cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    Jaymagic'
    Your absolutely correct! I solved the garage problem by putting newspapers over the windows.
  • Options
    On the last day of the month and 1st quarter, several dealers within 100 miles went out of their way to locate my requested Azera configuration and negotiate a deal with me.

I pick it up tomorrow.
  • Options
    I believe there are loads of 07's in Palm Beach County, FL.
  • Options
    stcroixboystcroixboy Member Posts: 63
    And half of them are 2006 models. Aren't they offering any incentives to move the '06's out?
  • Options
    They prolly are, but I haven't kept track. I also note that two dealers in Palm Beach county have 18 and 11 Azeras each, and only one 2006 between them...
  • Options
    RE: 20
    Any dealer that is still sitting with 06's doesn't want to deal. The 08's will be shown soon.
  • Options
    washronwashron Member Posts: 5
    Fitzmall Hyundai in Clearwater has 9 new Azera's in stock. Try www.fitzautomall.com . Also, Crown Hyundai in New Port Richey has new Azeras. I have 2500 miles on my Azera and think it is the best car I have owned. I have received 2 letters from Hyundai with coupons for free service. Hyundai is trying to upgrade their Service, but it will take time. Good Luck
  • Options
    stcroixboystcroixboy Member Posts: 63
    When will the new models typically start to arrive?
  • Options
    RE: 23
    Due to excess 06 inventory, Hyundai held back distribution of 07's in many areas until Jan and Feb 07.
    Who knows what will happen with the 08'S?
    It appears that there are still 06's around.
  • Options
    altazeraaltazera Member Posts: 51
    They have not even released the 07's in Canada due to the excess inventory of 06 Azeras. The dealers I checked in late February all had 1-4 06 Azeras left and all were desperate to sell them. At that time hyundai was offering a $5,000 cash back, and the dealer where I purchased advertised another $1,000 off before negotiating!
  • Options
    derrelhgreenderrelhgreen Member Posts: 234
    Pray tell, how does a person get into their locator system? :confuse:

Looking through the Autotrader ads is not much fun, and the cars there do not have optional equipment listed.

:)
  • Options
    RE: 26
    The locator system is available only to dealers.
    All Hyundai dealers have access to the system.
  • Options
    judgmentbuyjudgmentbuy Member Posts: 27
    Been looking for an Azera in CA on the roads or parking lots, no luck. Went to Arizona recently - saw one - very nice - especially the back end. And I see the Azera lettering is in the center - spread out - not on one side like other Hyundai models. Now I know what to look for. Of course one day I'll go to a dealer, and expect to find one there!
  • Options
    cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    Definitely go to a dealer and most importantly,drive an Azera. You won't believe it! Definitely a class act. We've visited kids in the Bay area twice and failed to see a single one. Talk about exclusivity. Keep us posted. A good and caring dealer seems to be the key to customer satisfaction. Dealers range from horrible to very good. Take care.
This discussion has been closed.