Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sedona Electrical Problems

Comments

• irritatrixirritatrix Member Posts: 40
    Bought a 2008 with rebate for 17K + tax on May 3, 2009. Twice in two weeks the battery went dead and I had to call roadside assistance for a jump. Second time I drove to the dealer, where a new battery was installed.

Happened again about a week later. Third roadside assistance call in three weeks. My Sedona has been in the shop now since May 28 (today is June 8) and they still can't find out what's causing the drain, though they have duplicated the problem.

Getting annoyed. My van is 5 weeks old, has been in the shop twice, for a total of 14 days, and has fewer than 500 miles on it.

I love driving the thing, but my faith in it has been completely ruined. In the first few weeks of ownership I'm halfway to either of the two requirements to file for a manufacturer repurchase of my vehicle under the CA lemon law. :sick:

Too bad; these would be great vans if only they were reliable.
    They sent my van home today, after 20 straight days in the shop trying to find the drain on the battery.

They spoke with Kia technical advisers several times, but never found the problem, for certain. However, the battery has held a charge for three straight days (which it had done between dying before I took it in several weeks ago). They are hoping that by removing and reinstalling the computer modules for the electrical system, they inadvertently fixed the problem.

If it happens again, they have no choice but to check all 1/4 mile of the wiring, which the Kia Consumer Affairs rep who called me several times during this ordeal said takes 10-12 days.

At 10 more days I reach the Lemon Law requirement. I hope they have fixed it, but the service manager is uneasy since if they did, they don't know how. So, we'll see. In the meantime, he offered to send someone to jump start it for me if it dies again so I don't have to wait so long for Kia's roadside assistance, which is kind of far from here.

My fingers are crossed that we're done with this issue! :)

I have to say, the dealer and the Kia Consumer Affairs person who called me (out of the blue - I never contacted them, but they were concerned about how long I was without my new van) have both been as helpful as possible under the circumstances.
  • phil78phil78 Member Posts: 4
    I test drove a 2009 Sedona EX recently, and because the dealer was busy, he let me drive it home to "try it out for a few hours." On the way home, everything worked fine, and I specifically checked the power sliding doors and remote door controls when I got home. When I went to take it back to the lot a few hours later, the power sliding doors would not work (they were "manual sliding doors" at this point) and the driver controls and passenger controls for the doors also did not work. The dealer told me this was simply because the car had not been "PDI'd" yet. This seems hard to believe, since everything worked at first.

Have other people had similar problems? Am I wrong about PDI and are these problems just due to some fuses being a bit loose? I am wary because of the reports I have read of the Sedona having a poor reliability record and wonder if the problems I noticed are harbingers of what's to come.
  • pl411pl411 Member Posts: 6
    On my 2006, there is a button to enable and disable the electric doors. It is located on the overhead console and is easy to hit. It is possible you accidentally hit that button and there is nothing actually wrong with the van.

I do not know what "PDI" means.
  • phil78phil78 Member Posts: 4
    PDI stands for "pre-delivery inspection." According to the dealer, some cars on the lot have not yet undergone this inspection, so they may need to have certain fuses installed or some systemes activated. However, since everything worked at first, I can't believe the dealer's explanation. I wish the dealer had brought up your suggestion, so I could have checked this at the time. If we go back, I will try to check for this possibility.

Thanks for your input!
  • david5000david5000 Member Posts: 1
    I have driven my 2006 for 80,000 miles. My problem started at about 70,000 miles. After some start and stop driving, ie shopping or errands, the van will not start. When the key is inserted the radio works, the door chime is on, and the overhead lights work but when I turn the key... nothing. No click, no noise, nothing. Once the van sits overnight it will then start and I can drive it around, there is no lose of power and everything seems to be working fine. I pulled the starter off and cleaned all the carbon off, I thought this would help but the not starting happened again. :cry:. Before I take it to the dealer, HELP!
  • jirkajirka Member Posts: 15
    Few days ago it started to do a weird thing:

I put the key in, the instrument panel lights and seat bell chime go on as they should, I turn the key and all goes off, wIthout even making an attempt to turn on the starter. Even the odometer goes blank. So far it has happened 3-times in 3 days. When I take the key out, and put it back in, it starts without problems (so it does not look like a dying battery) The clock is reset to 12:00. I have to take the key out, simply turning it into the OFF position and then trying again does not help.

I would be grateful for any advice...

The car is Kia 2007 Sedona EX, 20,000 miles on it.
    Just a follow-up...my electrical issue seems to be fixed. My dealer does not know what they did to fix it, but apparently pulling all the computer modules for the electrical system and re-installing them helped. I just returned from a 2000 mile road trip and the van performed flawlessly. And it was so comfortable; I drove many hours a day and never felt fatigued.

Now I need to find out what the weird sound coming from the valves at 3000 miles is. :(
  • mombeemombee Member Posts: 10
    2004 Kia Sedona.. air bag light was on, no cruise and no horn. Got the clockspring fixed and the air bag was fixed as well as horn and cruise. HOWEVER, no A/C. or heat. The little green lights on the dials won't work. It blows air but no cool or hot air. I called the repairman ON the way home and he said he didn't do anything to a/c. Something is fishy here. It worked fine at 7 am, clockspring was replaced and no a/c. Took it in again today and told the a/c is electrical problem.??? Anyone have any ideas on this? Just spent $1400. to repair a/c in August ( repair is guaranteed for 1 year) and of course, since it's "electrical" it's not covered. I am so tired of this run around. Any ideas would be appreciated!
  • rcorcoranrcorcoran Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2003 sedona and recently we had both low beams blow at the same time and know every time they are replaced they burn usually in minutes. we seem to have a surge problem so the serpentine belts were changed one was even on wrong but now it just seems like the lights are brighter but headlights still burn out. any thoughts
  • marcimcdonaldmarcimcdonald Member Posts: 1
    I have owned my 06 sedona for 1 year and have had to replace the battery once and the headlights at least 4 times! One goes out right after the other. It is very annoying and a waste of money. Did you ever find anything out rcorcoran?
  • l1029l1029 Member Posts: 1
    We also have had problems with our lights on our 2006 Sedona. It has only been a problem on the left front. We have replaced the headlight 2 times and the turning light 3 times! Right now the turning signal works when it wants too...I keep telling the dealer to check the electrical but they don't...we have had another minivan for 10 years and have never had to replace a light on it. I'd be interested if anyone else has had these problems.
    The problem was a faulty battery. Some cells were bad, so they sometimes worked perfectly and sometimes not at all. The hardest problem was to replicate it in front of a dealer. If I knew it was the battery, I would just buy a new one, forget about warranty, and save myself all the trips to the dealer.
  • bmottbmott Member Posts: 1
    Hi David...I have the exact same problem. Started around 80K miles. Same symptoms. No problem since Thanksgiving and the problem started again last Wednesday when I was traveliing. Got a hotel for the night and it started the next morning fine. Got it to a KIA Dealer. Could not demonstrate the problem. Left it with them and they concluded I needed a new battery....$137 and 100 miles later, had the same problem. Left it overnight and it started up again this morning...Have made several stops and so far it still starts up. Mine is also an 06.

Were you ever able to determine what the cause was...What the fix is? All I can think of is to get the ingition assembly where you put the key in replaced. I don;t have any faith in the KIA dealership but based on your posting and the postings on headlight replacements, they should know of these problems.

Let me know what you know...I'd appreciate it...

Thanks, Bob
  • nemeyssnemeyss Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have a 2004 Kia Sedona. It has 65K miles on it. I've had this lingering problem with it that completely happens at random instances.

My van exhibits electrical short(s) type of behavior. Prior to turning on the van, once you have the door open, you typically see the lights in the Van on, and once you put the key in the ignition, you start hearing the beep/tone sound. When the Van is having the problem, no lights will be on, nor the tone sound... as soon as I try to turn it over, the sometimes hear a brief click and then dead silence.

I pulled out the battery, alternator, starter and they all tested fine. The battery connections are fastened securely. The weird thing is, I bought one of those computer diagnostic tools to see if any DTC's would be triggered from the problem, but it didn't see anything. Although quite odd, but the Computer Diagnostic tool was able to get the van running!!!

Not every time, but some times, when the van is not working or having this problem, I hooked up this diagnostic tool and it ran a scan. Once the scan has started, it redistributed the power to the entire van somehow and it would turn on. Computer reset of some sort???

The problem 1st occurred about 6 months ago. It was down a week until the the diagnostic computer got it running... it went down again about a week later, and I did the same thing and it fired right back up. It ran great for months until now. Same problem, however, I have not been able to replicate the solution.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Can't it be the same problem as I had (see post #63)? Sometimes the battery ran perfectly, sometimes I had the same behaviour as you say. When the battery worked all battery measurements were ">link titlefine. Personally, I would first spend those $50 and change the battery and see if it helps.
  • lameridethlamerideth Member Posts: 3
    I have replaced headlights in my Kia Sedona 6 times in 3 years. Not to mention brake lights, turn lights and license plate lights. Does anyone know what the problem is? The dealer is refusing to do anything about it and at 50 bucks a headlight they are making a killing. Any suggestions. It is an 2006 Kia Sedona with 60xxxx miles.
  • icabodcraneicabodcrane Member Posts: 2
    Same car, same problem. This really should be a warranty issue since it constantly happens.
    I think I read somewhere that Sorentos have a similar issue and there is a new headlight harness with a resistor that allows less power to the headlights, dimming them but making them last longer.
    I've gotten really good at swapping out bulbs, a 15 minute job. I buy the cheap ones now at around 15 bucks each.
  • dennismcc76dennismcc76 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem. Lots of replaced headlights, turn signals, and license plate bulbs. I've also started having problems with the wiring harness for my trailer hitch. The fuses have recently started to blow, which is a real pain. Mine's a 2006. Anyone else have trailer electrical problems??
  • kiasedona1kiasedona1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2004 kia Sedona a few months ago and had it shipped to the Bahamas. The first week I used the vehicle I experienced what appeared to be an electrical problem. I turn the ignition the car will not say anything.....engine does not rool over or anything. The shift lever is in park. The dashboard light is dim and the power windows operate rather sluggishly. I press the brake pedal and the dash lights up...the engine starts. I have been using the vehicle for about 5 months and this problem has occurred at least six times. Also, I am experiencing a problem where on occasions I tried to stsrt the vehicle and get a clicking sound as if the battery is weak. I fiddle with the ignition switch trying to get it to start and eventually after 15 to 30 minutes it stsrts. I bought a brand new battery and these issues are still present. I think I got stiffed by the car dealer...... that car had that problem when I bought it. The car was bought from Metro Ford located on 7 Avenue Miami Florida.

I would certainly appreciate any suggestion you might have with regard to getting this issue rectified. I have taken the vehicle to several auto electrical shops and have explained the problem to them and they all seem clueless at to what the problem might be. I am reluctant to have someone mess with the vehicle who don't know what they are doing.

Please email me at daddy_boyboy@yahoo.com

Regards,
    Fred
  • 11b33t11b33t Member Posts: 51
    Are you leaving the headlights in the 'auto' position (sensor turns on when dark / off in daytime) all the time? If you do, it could be power surging to the lights whenever you start the car...
  • preventladypreventlady Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    We too are having electrical issues with our 06 Kia. Right front turn signal blowing out as well as the headlight. Replaced the headlight and turn signal once about a year ago. Then it went out again within a couple of months. Husband took out the light bulb noticed that it wasn't blown and put it back in and it worked fine for a couple of weeks, then went out again. At the same time the DVD player fuse blew. Called the local dealer and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with them since the book doesn't tell where the DVD player fuse is located... they couldn't find it either. My husband eventually found it by trial and error.

We've also had problems with the overhead directional compass and aver MPG readings. Compass would say S no matter what direction we were headed and aver. MPG's would reset each time we turned the vehicle off. Dealer said the "recallibrated the system" to fix it. But this also took two trips because at first they said "no this is they way Kia's are designed." (Pence Kia, Richmond, V)

Then the turn signal went out again during the same week. So, we took it in to the dealer. They said... replace the bulb. We said... it's not the bulb. They said... humm the bulb seems to be working fine now, we can't find the issue. Following week, turn signal not working again.. dealer finally agrees to fix the encasement of the bulb thinking this will fix it. I'm telling them it is a bigger issue given the other fuses that blow - this is at 58,600 miles. (Pearson Kia, Richmond, VA)

Well, now at 60,150 miles we notice that every time we put on the brakes the air conditioner fan goes to about 50% power and the headlights dim. Two days at the dealer and "we can't replicate the problem." We pick it up tonight, don't even leave the lot and problem continues, get the mechanic in the car with us for a test ride around their lot and low and behold, "oh, there's the problem." Well, now it's not covered under warranty, to which I remind them that they told me if there were more problems with the "electrical system" and it wasn't far out of warranty they said they would fix it since they couldn't find the underlying problem at 58,600 miles. (Pearson Kia, Richmond, VA)

Also, dead battery issue. Replaced the battery once last year, as we thought we left the interior lights on by accident (our old van had an auto shut off). Last weekend the battery went out three separate times, but strange enough the lights and radio worked. After driving it for an hour the battery didn't have any more problems.

I'm hoping somebody gets to the bottom of this with Kia, as it is clearly a trend and a problem with the vehicle.
  • nooneytunenooneytune Member Posts: 1
    I changed a driver's side low beam bulb on my 2002 Sedona and now the van won't idle. When I take the bulb out and leave the bulb housing open, there's no problem; yet when I close the bulb housing, the problem returns. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?
  • sammy52sammy52 Member Posts: 2
    I want to ask you do you found the fuse for the DVD.
  • sammy52sammy52 Member Posts: 2
    where do you found the dvd fuse?
    My dvd player works sometimes and other times you have to pull the screen backwards and forwards. I think that it is a short. I haven't looked for a fuse.
  • mandm0407mandm0407 Member Posts: 4
    I unfortunately own an '07 Sedona. I have had my left front turn signal bulb replaced twice since April. When it was at the dealer last week I told them it needed to be replaced again at no cost b/c they had just replaced it in April. They could not duplicate the problem (after hours of keeping my van for this one particular problem). So when I went to pick up my van I asked again if they were able to find the problem. They said no. While reinstalling my girls' car seats, I started the van so I could cool it down before we left. I turned on the left turn signal and let it run until it started malfunctioning again (5-10 minutes at the most). It would stop working and then begin working again, back and forth. I went back inside and told the Service Employee. I told him about it working and then not working. (He observed this.) I asked him to PLEASE check the fuse and the electrical system for it to work on and off like that. His response was, "it's not electrical. Bulbs will work on and off like that when they're about to burn out completely. There's not anything electrical to check about the bulb and we can't check it electronically." Needless to say the bulb was changed and the last time I drove it, it was still working fine. But I find it to be a bunch of "bull" that there isn't something electrical going on and that they cannot detect it by hooking it up to a computer in their service department.
  • james911james911 Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday my tachometer stopped working and the check engine lite came on.
    Does anyone know if this is a electrical problem or nor
  • katchkimkatchkim Member Posts: 1
    I just replaced my left turn signal for the 2nd time in 3 months. I have replaced this year alone both turn signals twice. My 2006 has also had to have both fog lights replaced and both headlights. I don't understand it. Once in awhile my airbag light comes on but then it goes out. I love my van but sheez these light bulbs and electrical issues are nuts.
  • bojote63bojote63 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2003 kia sedona w 100,000 plus miles. lately it starts when it wants to. If i open the doors and place the key in the ignition it will light everything as suppose to, then on occasions if turn the ignition to start it will go completely dead and will stay like that for a while then after playing with the parking brake and the shift gear it will come back on on start like nothing ever happenned any suggestions
  • morethanbooks9morethanbooks9 Member Posts: 1
    I'm beginning to hate this van, and for many of the reasons already posted in this forum.

We bought it used but it was still under original warranty. The turn signal went out just before 60,000 miles. We had to pay for the bulb and the labor, but it worked after that. Earlier in the fall, the front dash power point and cigarette lighter stopped working, so I had the dealer look into that as well. They fixed it and told me that I had to watch the plugs for my kids' DS to be sure they only went into the power point, and not the lighter. We do not smoke and we have not used the power point since it was fixed. It is no longer working again. A week after having the turn signal replaced, a headlamp also went. My husband replaced that and saved us the labor bill. About a month ago, the kids and I were driving along and the radio station changed on its own. I thought it was odd, but changed it back, and it did it a couple more times. About three weeks ago, the same turn signal stopped functioning again. I called the dealer yesterday and set up an appointment for tomorrow to look into the signal problem. This morning the van won't start at all-just ticks-like an alternator is bad. There is definitely something wrong with this vehicle and its electrical system. The dealer says they can't promise the repairs will be covered, but I will fight for my rights as a consumer because something is truly wrong with this vehicle. I'm beginning to question its safety-what if something shorts out and causes a fire...I'll keep y'all posted. :sick:
  • patrick1964patrick1964 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, did you ever find a resolution to this problem? We have a 2006 Sedona with just under 80,000 miles and is just had this problem with no start. I put the key in and the lights came on as usual, then turned the key and nothing. Lights went out, did not come back on. Battery still has power, the accessory plug I use for the GPS still powers the garmin. No exterior lights, power sliding doors don't work, power tailgate does not work. SO, checked all fuses, all good. Kia service depts are currently closed. Timing is everything. I am going to go and move the parking brake and gear shift and kick the tires. Maybe light a candle and make offerings to the Great Spirit. :mad: :confuse:
  • mike89woofpackmike89woofpack Member Posts: 4
    Bob,

Did you and David ever figure this out? I have a 2006 Kia Sedona EX (75,000 mi) that does the same thing. Turn the key and all indicator lights come on but engine does not turn over. Have to keep turning key over and over until it eventually starts. Sometimes have to wait 10-15 min. and then will start. Happens 4-5 times a month just out of the blue. Dealer had me replace battery--same problem. Then they replaced IPM (instrument panel module) twice--same problem. They can never replicate the problem in the shop because it is so intermittent. Dealer says there is little they can do unless they can replicate with diagnostic computer hooked up (what are the odds??). They are now corresponding (by email) with Kia Techline to see if maybe it is the ignition switch but are saying it is unlikely. Please let me know if you have any advice.
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • wardlaw1971wardlaw1971 Member Posts: 1
    We have had this 2006 Sedona for a few years now and have had to replace the headlights and turn signals 4 times in the last 5 months. I looked at a burned out bulb and noticed what looked like scorch marks on the connector. I brought it to a mechanic friend of mine who I trust and he let me know that if the connections are not tight then the bulb can burn out and leave those marks. The lights work each time I replace the bulb but only for a few weeks. Anyone else getting this problem too?
  • nakamoto2nakamoto2 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Did you ever find a solution to this? My 2006 Kia Sedona is doing this as well as numerous other things.
  • psaddpsadd Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Sedona 2.9 diesel LE. Every time the battery is removed the ECU-ETACS fails and cannot be revived. I'm about to go to my 8th. Kia's suggestion is change the ETACS but there's clearly an underlying problem with the car. Has anyone had this problem and found the root cause? Auto-electrician quoting £500 just to diagnose the problem and, as I've seen many Sedonas on other fora with the same problem, i feel sure someone, somewhere must have an idea what causes this.
    I did not find a solution, as a matter of fact, I sued Kia using a federal lemon law and got a settlement. It wasnt much, but still helped with the expense of changing lights all the time. Unfortunately(?), my Kia was totalled. AND the air bags failed.
  • adamsbroncoadamsbronco Member Posts: 2
    have a 2002 sedona the alt fried now door lock button doesnt work and after couple days sitting idle battery is drained
  • jackj59jackj59 Member Posts: 5
    Ditto on the Turn Signals. And a couple of times - like right now - I take the assembly out and it works! Put it back in... yeah, you get the picture. I also bent the metal tongue that contacts the bulb out, and that did seem to help for awhile. Actually, I think that was the other bulb, so maybe haven't done it yet on the right. So, possibly that's the fix. Definitely worth a try. And since they still work intermittently, it seems quite logical (which is how I came up with the idea the last time). I'll post back if it doesn't fix it.
    Also, I'm far from an expert, but I've only heard about not touching the bulb with your hands if it's a halogen bulb. Is it an issue with non-halogen, too?
  • darren632darren632 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    i have a kia sedona 2003 i have just had the engine rebuild as it stoped running and will not start again and now the engine been rebuilt its still not starting. it trnes one time and thats it, its like its killed the batters off. can anyone help me out by this.

thank you darren :sick: :confuse:
  • darren632darren632 Member Posts: 2
    i have looked at timing, batter, starter motor, the works and can not see why it will not run
    :mad:
    The new 2008 Sedona I posted about here 2 years ago had repeated dead batteries, and the replacing the battery didn't help. (The car was in the shop for 22 days in one month due to this problem, and they couldn't figure out why it kept discharging.) For a few months the problem seemed solved, and for various reasons unrelated to that issue, I decided to sell the van when it only had 9K miles on it. I'd bought it with a $5K rebate and haggled, and was able to sell it for only $750 less than I paid for it a year earlier, so I was happy. I disclosed the original battery issue to the buyers and told them I'd had no problems since. They were fine with that. Well, about 3 months after they bought it, they called me and said they were having multiple issues with lights, a/c controls sometimes not working, and the CE light coming on, and their dealer said the van had been modified with aftermarket parts which voided the warranty! I told them no one had touched the van except the dealer I bought it from, and told them to contact the service manager there, who would certainly remember it. They were extremely gracious about it and I never heard from them again, but I have to say, I'm glad I unloaded the thing. KIA really needs to address the electrical problems with this van because it's giving the whole brand a bad name.
    I posted a couple of months ago re: turn signal. Well, again I bent the contact which helped for a few days, now the same thing. Bulb is still good; I can't figure out where the issue is. Not necessarily the wire, as moving that around doesn't change things. But I take it apart, get it working, put it back in and... But, bulb is still good. Unbelievable...
  • jimmysanders39jimmysanders39 Member Posts: 2
    if you google those codes you can find the description, also if you have a manual for your car or a pep boys near by, the manual ussually will give you the knowledge for those codes,let your fingers do the walking.
    google OBD codes and your make and model
  • jimmysanders39jimmysanders39 Member Posts: 2
    my battery keeps dieing if i let my van sit for longer than 24 hrs. i have a set of interior,front, door lights that are constantly on,so i took the bulbs out, so the rest of the lights inter, will still work, this seems to have solved the problem.not the only van with this issue.my brother has kia with same problem.thinking this is a feature with out dealer thinking it threw, as any thing pulling on your battery while the vehicle is not running will kill the battery in time,24 hrs. time for mine. has any one else been dealing with this, thank you...
  • judy444judy444 Member Posts: 1
    Interesting! I just changed the 6th bulb on my 2005 Sedona (in four years): two passenger headlights, two drivers side headlights, one tailight and one brake light. I ALSO had to replace the alternator earlier this year.

Is there a statute of limitations on the federal lemon law?

(That is very scary that your air bags failed.)
  • theresa9theresa9 Member Posts: 1
    Mike,
    I have 2006 Sedona with about 61,000 miles and I am currently having the same exact problem. It did occur to me, on long trips (more then 20 minutes driving) with short stops (car is off for about 15 minutes) is when this problem occurs. It seems that if I let it sit for a bit, maybe to cool down (?) is when it starts again with no problem. Have you had the problem fixed and if so, what was the outcome.
    Thank You,
    Theresa
  • covvb0ycovvb0y Member Posts: 2
    I have the EXACT same problem. Mine is a 2006 Sedona. I have changed out at least 4 headlights within the year. I thought the blinkers/running light was blowing. Now I have figured out that it isn't the bulb. You can pull the bulb out and it starts blinking, put everything back together and it seems to work anywhere from a day to a week, then it goes out again. The crazy thing is, you can shake the bulb and wiring harness and it continues to work, while you have everything torn down. There's no loose connection, no loose bulb; however once everything is assembled back together, it works for a brief time. Dealership is trying to blame it on the type of bulb. This isn't my first run in with problems on our 2006 that was purchased brand new. I believe the first year we had it, it stayed in the shop for about 1-1/2 months troubleshooting another problem. I have said all along that the van has electronic issues or wiring issues, but the dealership refuses to here it. After getting on line, it seems pretty obvious that the kia brand name has issues across the board. Next time I will pay another $5,000-$7,000 and buy a toyota or honda, like I should have done to begin with.
    It appears that Kia is aware of this. When my 'fixes' didn't work, I took it in and they replaced the blinker assembly (not sure if that's the exact name) at no charge under warranty. So, at least that was good!
  • pointsettanoelpointsettanoel Member Posts: 2
    I have many issues w/ my van, from replacing headlamps to taillights, replaced the transmission.
    Numerous brake issues,the horn never works when i need it !! All safety recalls repaired. Now there is water in my trunk and the black door lining is coming off, also the doors lock and will not open. Problem after problem, and Kia is no help and do not stand by their customers!!! I will not buy Kia again !!