Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous

Comments

• buzzbo99buzzbo99 Member Posts: 111
    My local dealership did not even want me to give them a deposit. They felt if I backed out of the deal there would be no risk of being stuck because it would sell quickly. As far as the deal I am paying sticker because I did not have the time to wait.
  • woodybuickwoodybuick Member Posts: 33
    Hiker: $3,500 is the max you can use in one shot. $500 per year for 7 years. It sounds like you have the other card (accrue as much as you want), but the timing isn't right. GM Card may have screwed up somehow.. I'd e-mail them.

Bertoli: You can pay for the car, sign every bit of paperwork you want, drive it around on their lot for 200 miles, and still not be obligated to the vehicle. Once your taillights pass over the curb, it is your vehicle. That is the law in Illinois anyway.
  • fdogsfdogs Member Posts: 9
    I see in the "Interesting" post that the Rendezvous is scheduled for Mid-May arrival at dealerships. Everything I had heard to this point indicated Mid-April. Anybody have any more information on these dates?
  • yachtieyachtie Member Posts: 29
    I checked out the Rendezvous at the auto show here last week and was disappointed with the finish of the vehicle.
    The chrome above the grille was all wrinkled and creased , obvious for anyone to see and the finishing of the rear side windows/rubber misaligned. I did not take a very close look at it as these items initially put me off.

It never ceases to amaze me how GM can show such shoddy products at an auto show where they are in competition with the world. They did the same thing last year with a terribly flawed Chev Malibu
  • buzzbo99buzzbo99 Member Posts: 111
    Check out message 65 about the Detroit auto show. Apparently there were two Rendezvous there which one may have been an early prototype with poor fit and the other with good fit. I have no idea why GM would do this but I can never figure why any bueracracy does anything.
  • ra1der5ra1der5 Member Posts: 86
    To all who use the OLD GM Card:

I have used the OLD GM Card since January 1993. Currently, I have over $4K earnings toward a new car. After seeing some of the posts on this board, I sent an email to GM Card (using the GMCard.com web site), informed them of the earnings reported on my statement, and asked if I was able to use ALL of my earnings to purchase the Rendezvous.

Answer: YES! OLD GM card earnings ARE NOT limited in any way. If you have $6K of earnings saved, you can use them all toward a Rendezvous.

My advice; send an email to GM Card yourself and receive a reply via email. Then you have something in writing if there is a dispute.

Go Raiders!
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    The show Rendezvous is a prototype only. Fit and finish is not up to par and there was a disclaimer stating that fact. From what I have heard, quality on the Rendezvous production has been very good so far.
  • robsmithrobsmith Member Posts: 71
    I've just discovered this site and it was nice reading through all of the messages picking up some info I didn't know.

I received an early order package and went to a Buick Dealer in the Cleveland, OH area. He told me the dealers have decided to charge sticker for the Rendezvous. They are hoping the Rendezvous will be just like the PT Cruiser.

Has anyone been able to negotiate a price besides sticker for the Rendezvous.

I was so disappointed I almost bought a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. I can get one totally loaded for less than $1K over sticker. This will allow me to purchase a Mountaineer that has a sticker over $36K less than a Rendezvous.

I was thinking of contacting a Buick dealer outside of the area or even out of state to see if they are willing to deal on the price.

Any thoughts?
  • bertolibertoli Member Posts: 49
    Rob,

I ordered a CXL from my hometown dealer today through the Buick pre-sell promotional program for $500.00 over invoice.

I sure wouldn't pay MSRP, and I would think you may/should be able to do better than what I paid.

The reason is that a Rendezvous ordered through the pre-sell program does NOT count against a dealers allocation. So if you order one with your pin# the dealer is selling you an "extra" vehicle that he/she wouldn't have received anyway.

In my way of thinking, they can crow all they want to about selling their allocated Rendezvous for sticker but if they want your order they should be willing to give you darn good deal and be satisfied with a couple hundred bucks in their pocket with little hassle.

In my case, I made it clear with my dealer up front that after I actually got to *see* and test drive one that I would take a pass if I didn't like it. He said no problem, he'll turn around and sell for more than I'm paying.

They seem to think these are going to be decent sellers...we'll see soon enough.

Best,

Tony
    Thanks Tony. I'm considering going out of state if I can't find a in state(Ohio) dealer will to come down from MSRP. Are you anywhere near Ohio?

Does anyone have a dealer they would recommend?
    I think your dealership is right, the Rendezvous will be a big seller. It's a very nice vehicle with decent pricing and very good gas mileage. With gas prices expected to rocket up again this summer, I really wouldn't want a big V6 or V8 guzzling SUV.
    I agree Buick has done a nice job with the Rendezvous. The only drawback is the engine but I will take that trade for better mpg at this point.

If they sell for MSRP I think that makes competitors look a lot more appealing. It's a decent price if you can get it under MSRP. At MSRP the competitors start to look more appealing. The Rendezvous I'm looking at has a MSRP of $34,345. I can get an MDX for a little more than that(comes with 4 yr/50K mile warranty). I like the Rendezvous but I don't think it's comparable to the MDX unless it's at least $3K-$4K cheaper.

Of course my GM dollars is what makes the Rendezvous appealing to me also.
    Rob,

If I were you, I'd try and shop some other dealers around your area, or even approach the one you visited again.

I just don't see why you couldn't get a decent deal using the pre-sell option. My dealer didn't know the pre-sell didn't count against his allocation until I asked him to confirm it with Buick.

I can't imagine a dealer would turn down a sale that would make them a few hundred bucks if its little or no hassle and doesn't cost them an allocated vehicle that they *assume* they'll get MSRP for.

I'm with you on the cost factor, If the Rendezvous turns out to be a good vehicle priced $3k - $4k less than the competing imports it may be a great car for GM. If they expect to compete dollar for dollar then GM has some convincing to do. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Best,

Tony
  • akajoeakajoe Member Posts: 69
    According to a local dealer, Rendezvous production target for the first year has been increased to 75K units. This is an aggressive ramp for a new intro vehicle, especially considering the impact if some (gasp!) recall happens.

This shows that GM is attacking 2002 SUV class vehicle markets with a vengeance. The pushed the Trailblazer/Envoy/Bravada trio out early to capitalize on Explorer's poor safety image (even though it ended up getting tripped up with the recall). GM wants to strengthen it's brands, and market share with fresh new lineups. They want their cars driving around getting people's attention and free highly effective advertising. I expect that dealers will be incentivized to cut deals until the data is in that the Rendezvous is selling "off the rack" before they tighten up the price.
    You bring up a good point in that the dealer is able to sell an additional car that he wouldn't have otherwise received from the manufacturer.

$500 over invoice on this car is a GREAT deal! Under normal situations approximately 3% over invoice is good. If you're looking at a $30K car (invoice), 3% = $900.

Does anyone know if the dealer is receiving the holdback on these pre-sells? If so, that is approximately 3% of MSRP for a Buick. So in my example let's say the MSRP is $33K. If the dealer receives his holdback and you give him $500 over invoice, the dealer makes $1,490 on the deal. That is MORE than enough to cover his overhead.

I doubt the dealer receives his holdback since the manufacturer knows the car will not sit on the dealers lot. Since it is a pre-sell, the car comes in, and the car goes out... there is no dealer inventory cost.

Again, does anyone know if the dealer receives hs holdback on these pre-sells?

Go Raiders!
  • jaynedough123jaynedough123 Member Posts: 11
    Bertoli - so how much was $500 over invoice?
    Jaynedough123,

Check the link:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2002/buick/rendezvous/cxlawd4drsuv34l6cyl4a/prices.html?id=lin0008

If Edmunds is correct, he paid ~$26K for a CXL (not including tax, license, & Registration). I was about ready to pay that for a Venture last July.

My understanding is that when you opt for the CXL trim level you're required to take one of the preferred equipment option packages. I may be wrong on that so don't hold me to it since I was always going to order the versatility package.

Here's how it worked on my deal, the numbers may be a bit off but not by much.

Invoice of Base CXL AWD = $25419
    " Versatility pkg. = $3483
    " In dash 6CD player = $339
    " Seat/Mirror memory = $193
    Total Inv. Price = $29,434 + $500

Cost to me is $29,934

That's a decent junk of change to me but the Rendevous has the potential to offer a decent value for the money.

I'll withhold judgement until they actually hit the dealerships and even then I'll still keep my fingers crossed that the reliabilty turns out to be good.

I never would have even thought about ordering one sight unseen if it wasn't for the Buick pre-sell promotion. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I'll take a pass if I don't like what I see or drive when they hit the dealerships...and if I do pass my dealer won't be ticked off because he has an "extra" vehicle he thinks he'll be able to sell with no problem, seems like a win/win to me.

Best,

Tony
    I see from the pre-sell packet that there are two CXL models.

Tell me, was the dealer able to show you the invoice price for each option? Did he give you a print-out?

Anyone know if the recent Consumer Guide notes the invoice price for each option?

Thanks,

R5
    If I remember correctly the promotional package covered the CX FWD, the CXL with versatility pkg., and the CXL with the luxury pkg. There's also the CX w/AWD but it wasn't "featured" in the promotion.

The base CXL would include the "security" option package. The next level up would be the "versatility" and the highest trim would be the "luxury" package.

Since Edmunds doesn't seem to have the options listed on the Rendezvous yet, I used info from the Car & Driver page. The numbers matched what my dealer quoted me for the options.

Best,

Tony
    This site does not provide an opportunity to follow a link that has more than 115 characters.

1) Go to: http://www.caranddriver.com

2) Click on "New Cars" at the top of the screen.

3) Select "Buick" and "Rendezvous" (any price)

4) Click on the model you want to price & follow the instructions in the pop-up window.

5) Select the options you want and calculate the invoice price / MSRP.

Go Raiders!

R5
    I found this review of the Rendezvous. It sounds like the 3rd row seat will be a big plus for those who need it. It will be surprising to see how long the dealers will be able to charge MSRP. The reviewer for the Detroit Free Press thinks the Japanese competition is better so the key will be to have a lower price.

http://www.auto.com/reviews/ulrich12_20010412.htm

robsmith : Thanx for the article. I think the Rendezvous is definitely less refined than the Lexus (which seems to be the main comparable), and I have not even driven one. That being said, I can afford a 2WD Rendezvous and I can't afford any Lexus model period. Rendezvous offers a price point that allows me to consider it for my next vehicle which is exactly what Buick is hoping for. A little less refinement and a bigger audience should prove successful for Rendezvous.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    My local Buick dealer recently told me he expected two CXL's to arrive by mid-April. One was pre-ordered for a customer and the other was reserved for the owner's wife. I asked him to call me when they arrived, so that my wife and I can see it in person.

On a positive note, my wife and I test drove a Mercedes ML320 and she hated it...I was sweating that one ($42,000)!

She does like the looks of the Acura MDX, although at $35,000, it would cost us about $8,000 more than the Buick. At the Edmunds MDX area, there is a fellow who owns a burgundy coloured MDX with aluminum sidesteps, 18" alloy wheels, gold pinstripes, and gold emblems. He posted several pictures of his car and I must admit, the wheels look good; but he should have quit there. Chrome, brushed aluminum, and gold definately don't mix...very tacky!
    I'm really interested in seeing and driving one myself since technically I've got one on order.

I hope I won't be disappointed with the final result.

On a side note and out of curiosity, fed lawman who are you with? I'm an SA with USCS in FL. You're up in the great NW right?

Best,

Tony
    Got an invite of some kind via e-mail from GM Canada to try out a Rendezvous. Unfortunately the server was down so I could not get any details. I am very much looking forward to a test drive of some kind.
    ladychaos - you make a good point about the appearance of the Rendezvous. I also think the rear end looks a little funky, although I'll put up with it for the $ savings! I also heard from someone here that it looks better in person.

bertoli - I'm a DEA SA assigned to Seattle HIDTA Jetway TF. Glad to meet you!
    The back seat was designed be a special team for buick. Whenever they bring out a new vehicle, or a redesigned one, they build a prototype of the seat. It has numerous (96 if I remember correctly) sensors all over it. Then they have people just sit in it. Computers measure the pressure points and fine tune the cushoining to make sure at least 95% of the people will fit comfortably. Buick went one step further with the thrid row seats. I personally have sat in the back. I'm 5'11 about 200. It was just like sitting in the front seats. Buick claims that you can fit 2 95th percetile males (6'2 200 pounds) in the back. I believe them. They also have a special pitch (21 degrees to be exact) on the third row seats. With the seat back tilted, it allows more head room. Very slick idea.

I currently have 5 vehicles on the way here right now. Should be about a week before they hit the floor. Just a little update.

PTCruiser vs. Rendezvous rollout. When the PT was announced it received 325,000 requests for brochures and information. You'll be happy to know that Buick has received over 500,000.

For Ra1der5:

GO RENDEZVOUS!

Be back when I have more info for you guys.

Jeff
    Well, we are on our way to negotiate a price for our pre-sell Rendezvous this evening. I figure we will see a few dealerships this weekend, choose the one that will give us the best price, and then give them our PIN next Monday (right down to the wire).

As we are pricing this vehicle, we toyed with the idea of doing after-market leather on a CX FWD. Overall, we would save approximately $1,500 by not going with the AWD in the CXL and doing the after market leather. We do go skiing now and then, but I'm comfortable with chains on my FWD cars. We will, or course, go with the traction control.

Another consideration for my wife is the color. As a Raider fan I am PERFECTLY HAPPY with the graymist on white offered on the CX. For some reason my wife (former 49er fan) wants the dark bronzemist. Where is THAT coming from? Of course, her color is only offered on the more expensive CXL. Too bad... so sad. As a Raider household, it looks like we have a little more de-programming to do.

I'll provide details of our negotiations after the weekend.

Go Raiders!
    woodybuick - I have several questions. Is the bottom colour for the CX called GREY MIST or STORM GREY? What, if any, is the difference? My local dealer showed me a two-tone Buick Regal (white over a dark grey bottom) and said that it was similar to STORM GREY.

I haven't decided which model I will order yet. Each step raises the price by about $1800 and I must decide where I want to draw the line (do I need AWD and/or leather).

Are Buick dealers still accepting "pre-orders"? Can you "pre-order" a Rendezvous with GMO?
  • cwjacobsencwjacobsen Member Posts: 293
    Dear Tony,

I'm trying to figure out how you configured your rendezvous the way you did since I've been told that the three presell packages are written in stone. Looks like you opted for the CXL Vesatility package and then added on some options from there. Is that correct? I'm trying to go the oposite route. That is, select the CXL Luxury package and then scale back an option or two from there. However, I'm getting a lot of resistence to this. Am I right then that you can add options to a package but not subtract any. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Just noticed tonight that www.gmcanada.com has full Rendezvous information now available including pricing. The CX 2WD is priced just right for my budget for next year. I imagine these vehicles should be showing up a dealers pretty soon.
    CWJacobsen,

I didn't have any trouble adding a couple of non-package options that are clearly listed as being available to add to the CXL versatility package, such as the 6CD changer and memory seat.

That being said, I think you're right to assume that you can't opt out of pre-packaged options such as "On-Star", which is included with the versatility and luxury packages on the CXL.

Woodybuick may be able to provide a definite answer to your question but thats my thought on this.

Best,

Tony
    Fedlawman,
    My mistake. According to the pre-sell package, the lower cladding for the CX is STORM GRAY. In my earlier post I said it was graymist.

CWJacobsen,
    The packaged options are set. Packaging popular options helps lower manufacturing costs. You can add, but you can't subtract.

NOTE: Regarding "OnStar", the CXL Luxury package comes with the system however, you will pay a fee to activate it.

Go Raiders!
    I just visited www.GMCanada.com and found it to be the most informative source of Rendezvous information yet. I noticed however, that under the "details" menu, it indicates that the 3rd row seat is NOT AVAILABLE on the CX AWD. I also found this to be true when building a Rendezvous at www.kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book).

Can anyone confirm this? I can't see any reason for Buick to omit this option from one of the trim levels.

On a side note, I also noticed on the pre-order form that on the CX, you can't get a tan interior with a white or pewter exterior (my two top choices). Although it's not a problem with the CXL (presumably because the lower cladding can be colour-coordinated). I think the tan interior looks much more sophisticated than grey and I'm now thinking I may have to get the CXL! I'm thinking white over light sandrift with oak interior...mmmmm.
    It's possible that Canadian model options differ from U.S. models. This is the case with most manufacturers including GM. Just a thought.
    Thanks for the info. You confirmed what I thought would be the case. It just bites that in order to take advantage of the "presell" program, I have to purchase expensive options that I don't need like the third row seat, captain's chairs, sunroof and cd changer in order to get the "1SE" luxury package that I do desire. No offence "Bertoli" - I realize that the cd-changer is one of the options you chose for your vehicle - to each his own. And to everyone else, I also realize that the third row seat is important to many people. However, my greater need is to haul stuff, not people, and I'd rather have an easy access three person second row than a two person second row with less easy access to a two person third row. For my needs, that's a rather expensive and inconvenient way to get a net gain of only one person. Bottom line, these extras add another $2,110 to the luxury package presell version of the rendezvous bringing it up to a very spicy $35,152. I'll have to find a dealer really willing to discount the presell option to make it worth my while to go that route rather than order the basic $33,042 Rendezvous with luxury package. Well, I'll see soon enough how much the presell offer is worth to dealers in my neck of the woods. (FYI and beware, last time I looked KBB.com incorrectly includes the captain's chairs and third row seat in the 1SE luxury package, whereas Buick prices them as separate options over and above 1SE)

Dear Ra1der5, I understand your comment, but I'm not sure I was completely clear in my question. I was not suggesting trying to delete parts of a option package like say deleting the heated seats out of option package 1SE. Rather I was hoping to delete some of the separate options that were included in addition to option package 1SE. That Buick chose to call this further collection of options and packages an "option package" for purposes of the presell program is understandable confusing. Are they saving manufacturing costs as you suggest? Certainly so on the standard packages, but if they are on these ad hoc presell packages, they're not publicly discounting it to the consumer. the MSRP's they quote for the three presells are exactly the same as if you walked in and ordered up the options separately. Nonetheless, I take your point.
  • joef4570joef4570 Member Posts: 29
    It looks better in person than in the photos. I was impressed. I think you folks are gonna love it!!
    As I said in a previous post, I am going to several dealers and getting quotes. I believe a previous person said they received a price $500 over invoice. My best quote to date for a CXL AWD, Premium Versatility, with tow/trailer is currently $700 over invoice. For the CX FWD, Versatility, with tow/trailer we are currently looking at $1,050 over invoice. The MSRP's the dealers are quoting match what I have found at http://www.caranddriver.com.

With the pre-sell package, these dealers realize that they are getting to sell a car that they wouldn't have received in their allocation from the manufacturer. These pre-sells are a bonus sell for the dealer and they know it must be done by Tuesday! Do NOT settle for MSRP. You CAN do better!

CWJ: Perhaps you are right. I am more confused by your last post. The option packages offered in the pre-sell program are the same option packages that Buick will offer when the car is sold to the general public. The only difference is that Buick has chosen three packages for the pre-sell and there are more packages offered to the public (3 for CXL AWD and 4 for CX FWD). Please take a look at the MSRP and invouce prices at the link above.

Go Raiders!
    Dear Ra1der5,

First of all, thanks for the car and driver link. I've used it before and found it more useful and accurate than KBB.com. Let's try again. What Buick calls the luxury "package" for the presell program is actually one "option group," (1SE), plus four individual options, sunroof (CF5), CD disc changer (UC6), 3rd row seat (AJ2), and captain's chairs (AQ4). The 5 of them together are a "package" only because Buick decided to call them one for purposes of the "Presell" program. Buick may enjoy a break on manufacturing costs, but there's no price break to the consumer or dealer (unless there's one under the table on the presell program). The quoted numbers are the same whether you buy the "package" or these five option codes individually. All I was trying to say is that I would have preferred to just get 1SE, forget the others, and try to negotiate down from $33,042 rather than $35,132. In fact, the pricing of "UC6" the cd changer makes no sense on the CXL. The uprated 8-speaker radio/cassette/CD combo is a $350 option on the CX. The same set up with the 6CD changer is a $395 option. The CX buyer can take their pick between the two and the changer adds only $45 to the MSRP. However, the $350 uprated radio is standard in the CXL, and yet the 6CD changer is still a $395 option. Either you're paying for the uprated radio twice, or that's one expensive CD changer. Think about it. That's a hidden additional $350 added to the CXL's MSRP that you're forced to take as part of the presell luxury "package" that does nothing for you other than make negotiating that much harder.

All that said, I think you're doing very well on your presell negotiating. Right now I'm down to a quote of $32,500 for the luxury "package" which is $971 over the caranddriver invoice, and $542 below the CXL with 1SE only MSRP.

Good luck with your further negotiating.

Yours, CWJ.
    I'm going to visit several Buick dealers this weekend and possibly pre-order also. Could you not order the CXL Versatility (1SD) and then add only the extras you want? I would think you might save some money on options you don't want/need.

I'm considering the CX Versatility with radio/cassette/cd and moonroof or the CXL versatility with moonroof...haven't decided yet.
    Dear Ra1der5,

I just checked the caranddriver link and now see the source of our confusion. The Buick option packages you cite and the Buick "presell" packages are NOT always the same. Buick did not just choose "three packages for the pre-sell." That's my point. The Presell CXL "luxury package" is not the same as the caranddriver CXL luxury package. The caranddriver luxury package is what I've been referring to as "1SE" in my previous two posts. The presell "luxury package" is the caranddriver luxury package PLUS the four options I mentioned above. It's the loading on this "extra freight" that I can't delete from the presell "luxury package" to which I was objecting.

Check the site and you'll see that what I think you believe is the CXL luxury package produces a vehicle with only a $33,042 MSRP while to duplicate the presell "luxury package" with the additional options, you end up with $35,132 MSRP.

Go Raiders!! (in all cases other than a matchup with Green Bay, Go Pack!!!).

Yours, CWJ
    Thanks, Fedlawman.

You're being very helpful. That's a good idea and believe me I've thought of it. However, the presell configuration of the CXL "Premium Versatility Package" has it's own unneeded extra; i.e. the towing package. And frankly there are a couple of frivolous items that I really want that can't be bought as options and can only be had as part of the 1SE Luxury package.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining nearly as hard as I may sound. I don't know about how you and the others feel, but right now I feel I'm sitting on a pretty good deal at $32,500 even if some of the items are superfluous. A third of my dealer's allocation is coming to him in this totally tricked out $35,132 form, so he (and Buick?) certainly think that they can move these luxo cruisers. If that's the case, maybe I might have an easier time rolling over this item come resale time. ("Yes, Mr. Buyer it's got the sunroof, CD changer, and captain's chairs").

I think all of us are finding this presell thing more valuable than we thought when we first got the E-Mail offering it to us. We'll see.
  • bymclaughbymclaugh Member Posts: 103
    Hello all,

Well, I've been lurking around here for a little while and this is my first actual post to the group... so, hello! :)

We took advantage of the Rendezvous pre-order program and ordered a CXL AWD with the Luxury package as it was shown in the pre-sell promotional materials. Just yesterday, our dealer got the invoice for our Rendezvous and right now it looks as though it may show up next week. (yes, we're excited!) However, the invoice doesn't show all of the options I thought we were getting. Now, maybe its just an error, but right now it shows the 6 CD changer and the sunroof, but it does not show the 3rd row seat or the captains chairs. I didn't really want the captains chairs, but I was thinking we were getting the 3rd row of seats, but it now appears we're not. If anything, this just makes me a bit more confused as to what really comes with what package, especially when ordering with the pre-sell option. I can let you all know what it actually comes with once it comes in, but it looks as though the pre-sell packages aren't exactly what we thought they were. Also, the invoice shows a different invoice price than what I found on CarandDriver.com. On the website it was over 30,000, but on the invoice we saw, the invoice price was 29,250, with the $575 destination charge. I don't know why they are so different, perhaps since the vehicle is brand new, there's some confusion as to what the actual options and prices really are.

Either way, we're looking forward to receiving our new Rendezvous (hopefully next week!)

Brian
    Dear CWJ,

NOW I understand and have similar issue.

On Wednesday evening we were told by one dealer that the tow/trailer package could not be added as an option to the CXL AWD Premium Versatility package (orange cards). As I showed the pre-sell information to the sales person, they saw that not only was it offered, it appeared to be standard equipment for that package. Hence, they were trying to add equipment that already existed on the vehicle.

Yesterday, the dealer called the phone number on the bottom of the card. Now they are saying it is NOT a standard feature even though the pre-sell package looks like it is.

The information on the cards vs. the information on the car and driver site is the source of our confusion. Please note the three digit codes on the card are the same codes that appear on the Car and Driver site. These are the codes the dealer puts into their computer. So whether it's a pre-sell or not, those codes are going to come up with the same features. Note: The dealers I have been working with quoted the EXACT MSRP's that I get from Car & Driver and KBB.com.

My conclusion; the tow trailer package is an option I can add. I don't HAVE to purchase it (I want it for the added protection it gives to the engine... not to tow).

Keep posting! I'll fill you in on the details as I get them.

Looks like the Raiders will see the Packers during pre-season at the HOT.

Go Ra1ders!
  • studenutstudenut Member Posts: 1
    I am skeptical that GM like Ford with the "Mountaineer" and GM with their "warmed over" variations of the "rollover SUV's" will be trying to introduce another boring version.
    I understand your confusion over the pre-sell promotion card options and the reality of the standard options as they now exist.

MY take is this, you should be able to order a pre-sell CX/CXL with any of the option packages listed on the "Car and Driver" page and then add any of the individual options that may be available for that package/trim such as a "towing package or moon roof" if you choose.

I don't think you're forced to add the moon roof or towing package just because it's listed as standard eqipment in the pre-sell documents.

I'd ask the dealer to price one out the way you want it, settle on a figure and have him plug in your code number and see if it works.

Tony
    This is nothing like the Tahoe. It isn't like the Trailblazer. It isn't like anything GM has put out so far. Closest cousin is the Aztek with different panels..and interior..and gadgets. This is by far the newest design GM has come up with. The electronics have never been used in a car / truck before. They have been used in aviation for the last 30 years though. The AWD system is different also. Much more condensed than a 4wd. It allows for lower step in height and more head room without raising the center of gravity. Look into it more, and you will see for yourself.
    If I understand you correctly, you are getting the "pre-sell" luxury package for 32,500. This "pre-sell" package has four additional options not included with the 1SE package.

I'm curious to know how the MSRP and Invoice price for the "pre-sell" package compares to the MSRP and Invoice price for the 1SE + the four options. It sounds like you may be getting a real bargain!
    Can you explain the "pre-sell" vs. "standard" option package differences? Also, the brochures all state, "late availability" for the Tire Inflation Monitor; what does that mean exactly?

I've decided that I'm ready to "pre-order" a CX with package 1SC, sunroof, and CD/Cassette but I'm concerned that the "pre-sell" Versatility package does not list the overhead console or rear storage system. Will it also omit the tire monitor?